Being busy is not an excuse to neglect the things that matter. The problem is that we mistake “being busy” for “being productive.” Among academics, journalists, and white-collar professionals, there’s a lot of talk about how busy everyone is. The busier you are, the more impressive you seem, like you’re superwoman or something.
And I do understand why this notion took root: being busy has positive connotations. Being busy suggests that you’re expending a lot of effort towards worthy causes, tackling many important tasks, and at the end of each day, have little to show for it but your weary yet content face. But just because no one ever died from being too busy doesn’t mean everyone who’s “busy” is doing good work. Again, there is a difference between being busy and being productive.
We’ve all been there. The days are long, the work is piling up, and you feel overwhelmed from the get-go. We live in a world where we’re always pressured to be relentlessly productive. Unfortunately, instead of it to serve as an incentive to make us better, busyness has become an excuse that a lot of people use to get out of other things that matter in life.
The truth, however, is that being busy is not an excuse to hide behind, especially if you want to be a responsible and happy person. This is why I have compiled a great list of being busy is not an excuse quotes to help you see why it is a bad idea to try and hide behind activities.
Being Busy Is Not an Excuse Quotes
Being busy is not a good enough reason to neglect the things that matter the most, and neither is it an excuse to leave something undone or mediocre. Instead, being busy is a reason to do something better, not make something worse.
1. Being busy is not an excuse to run away from your responsibilities. Stay focused on what matters most, and don’t let life get the best of you.
2. Being busy is not an excuse to run away from your responsibilities. When you take on more, the more you gain.
3. Being busy is not an excuse to ignore your family. You need to be there for them, even when you are busy.
4. Be a million things, but never be too busy to have fun. It is not a good enough excuse.
5. Being busy is not an excuse to avoid your own happiness.
6. Just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t make time for yourself.
7. Don’t let being busy be an excuse for procrastinating. It’s just not worth it to put off doing things that make you feel excited, fulfilled and happy.
8. Being busy doesn’t mean you have to neglect your family. Be a better you outside the office and at home.
9. Don’t let being busy be an excuse to miss important moments in your life. Take time for yourself and spend quality time with the people that matter most.
10. You don’t have to sacrifice your family just because you’re busy. Make a plan and make time for each other.
11. You’re busy. I get it. But with a family comes obligations, so stop making excuses and make the time to be there for them.
12. Being busy is not an excuse to run away from your responsibilities. It’s just another opportunity to show leadership and take action on what matters most.
13. Being busy is not an excuse to run away from your responsibilities. Set priorities, focus on goals, and keep moving forward.
14. Being busy is no excuse for bad parenting, and neither is “I’m too tired.” Make time to be with your children.
15. Busyness is never an excuse to raise a child poorly. Being a parent is hard work.
16. If you don’t have the time to be a good parent, then don’t be one! Being busy is not an excuse.
17. Being busy isn’t an excuse to let your responsibilities slide. If you have any tasks or things that need doing, get started on them now. We all have our own excuses, but don’t let them stop you from doing the things that need to be done today.
18. Don’t let being busy get in the way of taking care of yourself.
19. You don’t have to run away from your responsibilities. Make a plan and stay on track.
20. Don’t let the world’s busyness get you down. Be the one who makes time for what is important to you.
21. No matter how busy you are, you need to respect yourself enough to prioritize your health and happiness.
22. There is no excuse for not being productive. Don’t be afraid to make noise when you’re doing something great.
23. If you find yourself saying, “I wish I had time,” you’re probably not being intentional about your days. Set aside a few minutes each day to schedule your life so it’s in harmony with the rest of your existence.
24. Don’t let busyness be an excuse to run away from your responsibilities. There are still plenty of ways to do what you need to do; you just have to prioritize them more often.
25. Do what you have to do and get it done. Don’t let your busy schedule be an excuse to run away from your responsibilities.
26. It’s easy to fall into the trap of being too busy to do what is important. But don’t make excuses and run away from your responsibilities. Instead, be accountable and show up for what you say you’re going to do.
27. You can’t get away with shirking your responsibilities just because you are too busy.
28. It’s not busyness that makes you a good parent. It’s being present for the people in your life, no matter how busy you are.
29. Being busy doesn’t mean you can skip out on your responsibilities. If something is important to you, make sure it gets done.
30. Any busybody can find time for themselves, but only the most productive and ambitious of people know how to use their time wisely.
31. It’s easy to let the busyness of everyday life get the best of you. Don’t let the excuses keep you from doing what you need to do.
32. Make the time to do what matters most. When you prioritize, life gets better.
33. There’s no extension to the deadline. The sooner you get started, the better. Being busy with family life is no excuse.
34. Busy schedules don’t have to mean neglecting your loved ones. Give them the attention and care they deserve this holiday season.
35. We all need space. But, if you try to tell us that it’s okay to put your kids in front of the TV or the phone because you’re busy, we don’t buy it.
36. The only way you’ll ever catch up to your family is if you spend time with them. Being busy is not an excuse.
37. Don’t use being busy as an excuse to skip your workout.
38. The only thing you need to get done is what’s important. Don’t let your busy schedule make you forget to take care of yourself.
39. In the hustle and bustle of life, don’t forget to take care of yourself.
40. Take care of yourself. You own the day, and if you don’t have time to do it right now because you’re busy being productive, take the time to do it tomorrow.
41. Don’t let the busyness of your day distract you from taking care of yourself and giving yourself time to rest.
42. We all have busy schedules. Take the time to take care of yourself, because your health is important.
43. Those who are busy are also those that are most likely to be healthy. Don’t let excuses get in the way of what matters most: your health.
44. Sometimes, we all have to take a break from the hustle and bustle. Make sure you take time for yourself because that’s the only way you’ll be able to perform at your best.
45. The true measure of success isn’t what you accomplish but how much you enjoy the journey. So stop using busyness as an excuse.
46. It’s okay to be busy. But it’s not okay to not take care of yourself.
47. You don’t have to be busy to not take care of yourself. It’s okay to take time for you.
48. It’s okay; we’re all busy. And it’s not about what you accomplish but about how you take care of yourself.
49. Don’t let the hustle and bustle of life steal your time to take care of yourself. Take a break, relax and refuel.
50. You deserve a little me time, too. Take care of yourself, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
51. There is no schedule for taking care of yourself; you have to prioritize.
Ultimately, being busy is not an excuse for anything. Being busy is a temporary condition—long-term it’s something you choose to be. Prioritise your goals and the things that you have to do. Make time for the things that matter the most in your life, and take responsibility for the things that you need to do.
I hope that these being busy is not an excuse quotes have helped you. Good things are best shared, so feel free to use them and share them with others as well. Thank you.