Jiu-jitsu was developed in Japan in the 15th century. It has since become popular around the world for its effectiveness in real-world self-defence situations. It relies on leverage and technique to throw, control, submit or break an opponent. This martial art permits practitioners to use their opponent’s strength against him or her.
Jiu jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. The concept of jiu jitsu is based on leverage, which makes it possible to manipulate an opponent’s force against himself or herself rather than confronting it with one’s force. It is a self-defence system that focuses on grappling and ground fighting. The art was derived from the Japanese martial art of jujutsu, which was itself derived from traditional samurai fighting styles.
The best part about training in jiu jitsu is that it can be done at any age, even if you have never stepped foot onto a mat before, but it also provides benefits for those who are already fit. Below is a collection of Jiu Jitsu quotes that will make you learn more about it.
Jiu Jitsu Quotes
Jiu jitsu is the ultimate martial art. It is a military science and an art that teaches you how to defend yourself against a bigger and stronger opponent. You will learn how to escape from any hold and immobilize your opponent by applying a choke hold or an armbar without using brute strength.
1. The benefits of jiujitsu are endless. It improves strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness and is great for building endurance. Jiujitsu teaches self-control while increasing focus and mental health.
2. The ancient art of jiu jitsu, powerful and gentle at the same time, can be just as dangerous for its user as for its opponent.
3. jiujitsu is a martial art that uses leverage, proper technique and strong determination to overcome an opponent of stronger size and strength.
4. Jiujitsu is not a pretty art. It’s brutal, effective and practical. The beauty of Jiujitsu lies in the simplicity of its movements and techniques. By working with one another, Jiujitsu students become a training center for one another. They practice on each other, learn from each other and strengthen their weaknesses together as they grow stronger.
5. Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport known since the 1800s that teaches people how to defend themselves by using leverage against larger or stronger opponents.
6. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. On the ground, a jiu-jitsu practitioner seeks to attain a dominant position from which to apply submission holds and strike the opponent until he submits.
7. Jiu Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport and self-defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
8. The art of jiu-jitsu has been around for centuries and it continues to evolve. An effective form of self-defense that helps you get into shape as you develop skills, knowledge and techniques to protect yourself from harm.
9. Jiu jitsu is a martial art that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. It teaches that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using leverage and proper technique—most notably by applying joint locks and chokeholds to defeat the other person.
10. Continually evolving and improving, jiu-jitsu never rests on its laurels. What a great feeling it is to be part of something so special, so thrilling and fun!
11. At every level, jiu jitsu is a unique and challenging sport. Whether you’re a beginner looking to get physical or have ambitions of competing at the highest level, this martial art will deliver a lifetime of benefits.
12. Jiu Jitsu is about knowing how to defend yourself. In a fight, you never know what the person is going to do to you next and when you are at ground level you are most vulnerable. It teaches you how to recognize and deal with these vulnerabilities before they happen. The best way to protect yourself from an attack is to avoid getting into one in the first place, but if need be, it will give you the tools to get out of any situation in one piece.
13. Jiu jitsu is the art of using leverage and position to get your way. When you use it in business, you can be a force to be reckoned with.
14. Jiu Jitsu, which translates to “gentle art”, is a martial art, combat sport and a self-defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
15. The Jiu jitsu is a lifelong journey that allows you to grow mentally, stay healthy and learn the foundations of martial arts.
16. You can make Jiu-Jitsu one of your main priorities, it could be the number one thing in your life, but at the end of the day, it’s still just a hobby. It’s just something fun to play with on occasion.
17. When you pick up jiu-jitsu, you are picking up a chance to see the world and become the best version of yourself.
18. Jiu Jitsu is a form of martial art that is practiced by athletes to create a great deal of flexibility, strength, balance and confidence. This form of self-defense has been at the center of many successful careers.
19. Jiu Jitsu is the only martial art that allows you to learn in an environment of mutual respect, friendship and trust.
20. Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport, which teaches the principles of leverage as well as realistic self-defense techniques that can be applied to many real-life situations.
21. Jiu Jitsu is a beautiful art and can be used to safely defend yourself in any situation. Jiu Jitsu practitioners learn how to control someone or take them down with minimal effort, effectively neutralizing an attacker.
22. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport and self-defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
23. The art of Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat and self-defence system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
24. Jiu-Jitsu is a form of martial art, developed in Japan, that features grappling and especially ground fighting. It teaches that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using leverage and proper technique—most notably by applying joint locks and choke holds to defeat the other person.
25. Jiu-jitsu is the act of using your opponent’s strength and energy against them, without actually harming them. It’s a defensive martial art that teaches you how to use the power of your opponent against themselves by turning them into their worst enemy.
26. If you are ready to reach your highest potential, then no matter what your training goals are, jiu jitsu will take you there.
27. Jiu Jitsu is a sport that has been around for a long time without much change. It is not similar to other martial arts in form or practice. Instead, it relies on practical techniques and its simplicity makes it easy to learn. The focus of this form of martial arts is self-defense rather than offense and points are awarded based on who ends up on top at the end of the match.
28. Jiu Jitsu is the art of controlling a resistive combatant by applying joint locks, chokeholds/strangles and throws to enable one to arrest or control a criminal or terrorist quickly.
29. Jiu jitsu is a martial art that teaches the principles of leverage and timing to take down your opponent. It can be practised using varying degrees of grappling. These include no-gi, gi, submission wrestling and mixed martial arts (MMA).
30. Jiu Jitsu is not a sport. Jiu Jitsu is a way of life. A game that teaches you to challenge yourself and your limitations, and to never settle for second best in anything.
31. Jiu-Jitsu is not a sport, but a way of life. You learn it and you live it. Jiu-Jitsu can be one of the mental tools to make someone succeed in life.
32. The art of jiu jitsu is not only about control, efficiency and fluidity but also about being respectful and humble. The purpose of training jiu jitsu is to improve yourself as a person, physically, mentally and spiritually. Jiu Jitsu will help you grow in all aspects if you let it.
33. Jiu Jitsu is an effective self-defence art. The techniques are easy to learn and can be used effectively by anyone. Jiu Jitsu was created to help the average person defend themselves in real situations, not just in a dojo or gymnasium.
34. Jiu Jitsu is the art of using your opponent’s energy, momentum, and weight to his advantage. You can use it to defend against an attacker or you can use it to subdue or restrain them. Through sheer strength and technical skill, a practitioner of Jiu Jitsu can defeat almost anyone who is not on their level.
35. Jiu-Jitsu has been proven to be one of the most effective non-lethal systems for self-defence in this day and age. Learning how to defend yourself is extremely empowering, not only for women but for anyone who feels unsafe. Learning Jiu-Jitsu will also give you confidence and the ability to defend yourself and others which could save lives!
36. The sense of self-confidence and calm that jiu-jitsu instills in its practitioners is far more than just a skill. Jiu-jitsu teaches you to use your mind and body to solve problems in creative and effective ways. Jiu-jitsu is self-defence, it is a means for personal development, and it’s an exhilarating sport. While getting wrapped up in your head or lost in your day-to-day life can make you feel overwhelmed, jiu-jitsu provides an outlet for channelling stress and keeping yourself balanced.
37. The best way to learn jiu jitsu is with a skilled, patient instructor. A good teacher will give you the self-confidence needed to progress and help inject the energy that makes training fun!
38. Jiu jitsu is a martial art where players learn to manipulate their opponent’s force using minimal effort. It focuses on taking your opponent to the ground, after which you may cause damage or use leverage to pin them in place.
39. Jiu jitsu is the art of softness and flow, with roots in ancient principles of self-protection. It’s learned by both men and women, young and old.
40. Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport where a smaller and weaker person can defeat a bigger and stronger one.
41. Jiu-jitsu is a marvelous way to get in shape and increase your self-confidence and strength without the use of heavy weights. Unlike other martial arts that teach “defending yourself”, Jiu Jitsu concentrates on applying leverage and technique to overcome larger stronger opponents.
42. Jiu Jitsu is human chess in action. It’s a beautiful art that can be applied as a self-defense mechanism or as a sport. You can play it through life however you choose but no matter what you use it for, discipline and perseverance are key to success.
43. Jiu jitsu is a martial art and a self-defence system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
44. Jiu Jitsu is a style of martial arts that focuses on grappling and ground fighting. It’s an art that can be practised even by someone who might not be physically fit, it just takes dedication and practice.
45. Jiu Jitsu is one of the most effective self-defence systems. It can be practised by anyone looking to better their life, learn discipline and have fun!
46. Jiu jitsu is a combat martial art, a self-defence system designed to allow a smaller and weaker person to defend against a bigger and stronger assailant by using proper technique, leverage and movement.
47. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport and self-defence system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
48. Jiu Jitsu is a way of lifestyle and the ancient art of self-defence. It can be practised by anyone, regardless of gender and age. Most people are attracted to jiu jitsu because it is a very efficient form of self-defense.
49. Jiu jitsu is a martial art, combat sport, and self-defence system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. It teaches that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger assailant by using proper technique, leverage, and most notably, taking the fight to the ground to submit to their opponent.
50. Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art designed to force the attacker to disengage and retreat. As such, it focuses on ground fighting unlike the more popular and obvious forms of self-defence that use strikes to end a confrontation.
51. Jiu Jitsu teaches us how to use violence in situations where it is justified, and how to avoid situations where violence is not the right thing to do. Jiu Jitsu teaches us respect for our fellow human beings. It is a way of life.
52. Everyone knows that jiu-jitsu is one of the best martial arts for self-defence. What you may not know is that it’s also an amazing way to get fit and have fun at the same time. As you train, your body becomes stronger, you get better balance and coordination, plus your overall confidence will grow.
53. Jiu jitsu allows you to develop physical and mental strength, power and speed for competition. What makes it stand apart from other martial arts is its emphasis on takedowns and ground control.
54. Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that teaches a smaller person how to defend against a bigger, stronger opponent by using leverage and proper techniques.
55. Jiu Jitsu is an ancient martial art. It is one of the most effective fighting systems in the world today. Its effectiveness comes from its hundreds of techniques and strategies that are designed to overcome larger and stronger opponents.
Thank you for going through the collection of Jiu Jitsu quotes. I hope you were able to learn more about the sport. If you did, please make sure you drop your comment before leaving.