No words can adequately describe the hurt, shame, anger, and disrespect that come with getting hurt by someone close to you. Especially as trust and vulnerability take time to build, it is painful to see that you’ve allowed someone undeserving space in your heart and life.
However, the experience doesn’t have to be all gloomy. It can be one that teaches you how to handle disappointment, grow resilience and retain optimism, set standards for how you deserve to be treated by other people, and practice strength in the face of adversities.
So, use the quotes on being hurt by someone close to you below to draw strength and comfort. They’ll help to prepare your heart and revive your optimism to embrace the new experiences and people that are bound to happen for you. Enjoy!
Quotes on Being Hurt by Someone Close to You
Being hurt by someone close to you is a nightmare to experience and live through – but carrying bitterness in your heart, distrust for the world, and prolonged grieving will give them even more power in their absence than they deserve.
1. Being hurt by someone close to you is especially painful because of the time and effort you’ve invested in building trust.
2. Being hurt by someone close to you allows you to painfully see that not everyone that professes love is sincere about it.
3. Being hurt by someone close to you teaches you some of life’s lessons, although the scars from the hurt may never fade.
4. If you’re being hurt by someone close to you, it’ll help to remember that some of life’s storms come to make our paths clearer.
5. Being hurt by someone close to you isn’t your fault – the loss is on those that had gold but decided to throw it away.
6. Sometimes, it may take being hurt by someone close to you to set the necessary standards you need to do life.
7. Being hurt by someone close to you is mostly out of your control, but the decision to stay or walk away resides with you.
8. Being hurt by someone close to you reveals how healing and closure can take a longer time than imagined to happen.
9. Being hurt by someone close to you is painful and difficult because it involves giving up a part of yourself.
10. Being hurt by someone close to you is one of the most painful experiences because it leaves you feeling confused and hurt.
11. When you’re being hurt by someone close to you, reflect on the good times, count the lessons, and move forward without them.
12. Being hurt by someone close to you is a trying situation – but with time, the feelings of hurt and betrayal will fade.
13. Being hurt by someone close to you feels a lot worse than words can describe. In such times, it’s alright to cut off permanently.
14. One of the saddest things is to be hurt by someone close to you and still have to deal with the lingering distrust and fear.
15. As much as it hurts, being hurt by someone close to you can help you develop the mental and emotional strength to do life.
16. There’s nothing fun about being hurt by someone close to you, but you can learn from the experience and move on.
17. The inadequacy of apologies becomes obvious when you’re being hurt by someone close to you.
18. Being hurt by someone close is realizing that you created unnecessary space in your heart for someone who should have remained random.
19. Being hurt by someone close to you is painful, but it shouldn’t have to mean an end to happiness, trust, and relationships.
20. Being hurt by someone close to you is watching them become all the things they promised to never be.
21. Life’s most painful goodbyes are the ones we have to say to the loved ones that betrayed us and our trust.
22. When someone close to you hurts you, one possible solution is to keep making progress to show that you can thrive without them.
23. It’s more than normal for a loved one’s betrayal to make one stop in their tracks and ponder on the need for relationships.
24. Sometimes, even how much we love and desire certain people cannot stop them from hurting us and showing their real colours.
25. A valid and strong response to hurt from loved ones can be to completely let them go from your heart and life.
26. When you’re being hurt by someone close to you, be brave enough to break your own heart by letting them go.
27. The hurt and sadness from a loved one’s betrayal eventually fly away on the wings of time.
28. It’s just life when the ones you’re closer to deliver the most hurt and heartbreak.
29. Be willing to let certain close relationships and people go so that you can embrace a bright and richer life.
30. The wound from being hurt by someone close to you can be an avenue for light to shine into your life.
31. One of the painful things to do and endure is pretending to not care after getting hurt by someone close to you.
32. When you’re consistently hurt by someone close to you, it might be a pointer that you’re not a priority in their life as they are in yours.
33. Being hurt by someone close to you is heartbreaking, but it’s nothing time and new experiences cannot mend.
34. Being hurt by someone close to you is difficult because you gave your best to treat them well and they didn’t do the same.
35. When you close off from being hurt by someone close to you, it can be a preparation for better people and experiences.
36. One of the hardest things to do is to remove someone close to your heart after you’ve given them a special place in it.
37. What hurts the most about a close friend hurting you is how much time and effort went into building your trust for them.
38. The painful part about being lied to and betrayed by someone close is knowing that you weren’t worth the truth to them.
39. Being hurt by someone close to you hits differently because of how much importance you attach to their person and words.
40. Being hurt by someone close to you is painful, but your heart will always find space for other people that’ll treat you well.
41. It’s normal for it to hurt when someone close to you has to become someone you used to know.
42. Being hurt by someone close to you is mostly a bad reflection on them, not you.
43. Betrayal from someone close is common for people who cannot identify a diamond even if they stumble on it themselves.
44. Everyone suffers at least one betrayal from someone close in their lifetime – the good thing is that they can heal and move on to better things.
45. Being hurt by someone close to you also reveals the depth of your love and the capacity to go over and beyond for your loved ones.
46. Sometimes, the universe can be trusted to heal your heart from a loved one’s betrayal and bring you, kind people.
47. Trust is like a mirror – once it’s broken, it can reveal fuller and richer depths to you if you look again.
48. Some of the worst pains in life are getting hurt by someone close to you and having to let them go.
49. It is especially painful when the person you brought close to your heart ends up making you feel unwanted.
50. If someone close hurts and betrays you, it means that something better is coming to soothe and make life enjoyable for you.
Hopefully, you’ve found our quotes on being hurt by someone close to you comforting and strengthening enough to move on and embrace new experiences.
Feel free to check back as many times as you’d like, and thank you for reading!