Many people falsely believed that for a man to be weak is a great weakness, but it is not so. A man shows his strength when he can accept defeat and move on. There are good lessons in life that help us not only to become better individuals but also help us to learn how to make it better on the second attempt. The act of learning from mistakes is one of the best ways a person could improve himself or herself.
Everyone fails at something, and that’s something that has been proven time and time again. I can’t tell you how many successful people, including myself have failed in the past. Yet, we all continue to move on and rise back up even stronger for it. The most important thing is learning to accept defeat and learn from your mistakes.
There are many ways to lose, and there are many ways to win. But you never know when you will win, just like you never know when you’ll lose. I think that is why we should appreciate each victory, no matter how small it is, because we never know when will be the next time that we win or lose.
Fear of failure is one of the biggest reasons that keep people from chasing their dreams. So, if you have lost in any way before, just accept the defeat and move on. Accept defeat and move on to quotes below, will be useful for you at a time like this.
Accepting Defeat and Moving on Quotes
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
1. Losing is not a bad thing, but it’s how you deal with the loss that matters.
2. A bend in the road is not the end of the road… unless you fail to make the turn.
3. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. Just move on.
4. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
5. Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.
6. We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, just accept defeat and move on.
7. You may encounter many defeats but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
8. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends.
9. When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us. Move on and accept defeat.
10. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.
11. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. Accept defeat and move on.
12. The winner ain’t the one with the fastest car it’s the one who refuses to lose
13. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.
14. If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
15. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
16. There is no failure except in no longer trying. Failure is success in progress.
17. Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be.
18. You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. But couldn’t win, move on.
19. Progress is impossible without change and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
20. To let go does not mean to get rid of. To let go means to let be. When we let be with compassion, things come and go on their own.
21. If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind. Accept defeat and move on.
22. The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. Just accept defeat and move on.
23. When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.
24. The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
25. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
26. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. Just move on.
27. Don’t waste your time looking back for what you’ve lost. Move on, life’s not over yet.
28. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it and move on
29. If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.
30. The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.
31. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
32. Moving on is simple, it’s what you leave behind that makes it so difficult.
33. You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Just move on.
34. Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.
35. You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Move on.
36. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
37. Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
38. Never give up on what you really want to do. A person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.
39. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
40. It’s not the daily increase but a daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
41. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
42. The only true failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
43. Sometimes we must accept defeat and move on. But sometimes we can’t because we must fight with everything we have in us against the power of evil, corruption, and lies.
43. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
44. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try. Accept defeat and move on.
45. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
46. Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. Just accept defeat and move on.
47. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
48. Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. Accept defeat and move on.
49. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
50. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Don’t give up, just accept defeat and move on.
51. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
52. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”
Whether it is losing a fight, a game, or a bet, you will not always win. Accepting defeat and moving on is a great lesson to learn because no loss is ever final. The only way to truly lose is by giving up and refusing to accept that defeat. When you learn to accept defeat and use it as fuel to motivate you more than your opponent, that’s when you win.