You can be so afraid of telling the truth, even when saying the truth is the right thing to do. But, it goes deeper than you just being afraid of the truth because the concept of telling the truth is sometimes scary and dangerous.
Yes. It is. A person finds it so hard to tell the truth when given a chance. It could be due to embarrassment, thumbnails on one’s self-esteem, or just the fear of the result that telling the truth might bring about.
But isn’t telling a lie even more dangerous and scarier? The biggest mistake that people make when lying is that they believe the truth will never prevail, and they convince themselves that their lies aren’t hurting anybody, but it’s actually making things much worse.
So, are you afraid of saying what’s on your mind because you’re afraid to hurt someone’s feelings? Are you afraid of the truth, and telling a lie feels like a good escape route? Well, if you are, you’re not alone. I’ve been there, and I know how hard it can be to hear or to tell the truth. But it’s better than living a lie!
These afraid of the truth quotes below will give you just the confidence you need to set lies aside and get set to hear or tell the truth once and for all.
Quotes About Being Afraid of The Truth
The problem is, it’s scary to tell people the truth because they might not like you after that, but don’t hide from the truth; embrace it instead. The truth is only scary if you let it. The truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.
1. The truth can be scary, but lies are excruciating. The truth can hurt, but a lie hurts more.
2. It’s completely normal to be scared of hearing something that you don’t want to hear. Just get someone who can support you through every obstacle in life and face the truth with you.
3. I know I may be terrified of the truth, but I will always choose it over a lie. The truth may be hard to hear, but lies only make things worse in the end. I would rather face the truth than get hurt for things that were not true.
4. I know some people might fear the truth, but it will always be my first choice. It is important to hear the truth. Although it can be hard to handle sometimes, lies will make things worse over time. I would rather face the truth to avoid being hurt by things that aren’t true.
5. I know I may be afraid of the truth, but if I am going to be hurt, I would rather be hurt by the truth than a lie. Lies are what make things worse by making us afraid of things that are not true.
6. I may feel scared, but please tell me the truth. I want to be able to trust you, and I know that lying will only make it harder for us to communicate in the future, so please tell me the truth because I would rather hear it from you than from someone else.
7. I know that facing the truth can be scary. You may not want to see the facts at first and hide from the world. I’ve been there, too but lying never helped me either. All it did was build up my fear and make things worse in the end. Just make yourself ready to face it.
8. It is okay to be hesitant about learning the truth. But, when you think about it, it’ll always be better if you know the truth!
9. Sometimes, telling the truth hurts more than telling a lie, but I’d rather know the truth than be hidden from it.
10. If you aren’t scared of the truth, the truth won’t scare you.
11. Don’t be afraid of the truth because we need to be told things that hurt us sometimes.
12. I know it hurts, but ultimately the truth is what heals you. It will help you, in the long run, to learn it now, even if it doesn’t feel good right this second.
13. You are so brave. I know that it must have been hard for you to say those things, but I’m proud of you for doing it.
14. The truth feels scary, but it can also be amazing. If the truth scares you more than a lie, that’s not good. Truth is more important than anything else. Just choose happiness.
15. The truth can be scary, but there’s always a chance that you can find something amazing in it. Even if the truth doesn’t feel good, it will always be better than a lie. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it’s still more important than anything else. No matter what happens, happiness is always the better option.
16. The truth can be a scary thing, but, in most cases, it is usually better to know it than to not. Being scared of the truth is never a good thing, and if it does scare you, then maybe you have reasons for being scared.
17. Always remember that the truth is far more important than anything else in life. Unlike a lie, the truth can set you free. So follow the wisdom of your heart, and you’ll always find your way back to happiness.
18. You don’t have to be afraid of the truth. It’s not always easy, but it’s the only way to live. When you choose happiness, your life gets a little easier too.
19. The truth feels scary, and it’s okay to be scared. You may never feel ready, but the truth is important. We hope that you can find happiness in the truth.
20. It’s true. The truth will set you free. But it can also be scary. I get it. I’ve been there too. The truth can set you free, but you might still not want to be honest with yourself or others.
21. It’s hard to be truthful and honest. You just want things to be okay, and sometimes that means not telling the truth. But facing the truth can make you feel better, rather than pretending that something is okay when it isn’t.
22. Truth is always better than a lie because if you are lying, it’s just a matter of time until you are caught.
23. Sometimes, the truth can feel scary and make you nervous, but you will feel good about yourself in the long run.
24. The truth might not be the easiest thing to face, but it’s the only way we’ll ever grow. If you’re scared of the truth, you should know that there’s nothing to fear. Showing courage and keeping your dignity is more important than anything else. That’s how you’ll find happiness.
25. Sometimes, when we tell the truth, it can hurt feelings. The truth will set you free from the lies, but it’s important to remember that it can also be painful. You are not alone in your struggle with lies or truths.
26. The truth can hurt and be bitter, but authenticity and integrity should always be considered. Get your points across with kindness and support, and you’ll have a win-win situation for everyone involved.
27. Don’t be afraid. Say it, your fears regardless. Tell the truth—the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help you, God.
28. There are times when the truth can be unbearable or heartbreaking. When people lie to you, it’s usually because they’re worried about your feelings.
29. The truth can sometimes be unforgivable, heartbreaking, or annoying. We all do lying because we’re worried about how people react to our feelings.
30. Lies hurt. But the truth does too. When people lie to you, it’s usually because they’re worried about hurting your feelings.
31. Sometimes, the truth can be difficult to handle. People lie to protect you from things they think will make you upset.
32. Everyone lies. Sometimes, people want to spare your feelings or not hurt your pride. No matter the reason, it’s always painful to find out someone hasn’t been telling you the whole truth.
33. Understandably, lies can hurt. They can leave you feeling betrayed, confused, and frustrated. Still, we are afraid of telling the truth.
34. Sometimes, the truth hurts, and it’s a part of life. It can be heartbreaking, especially if you’re on the receiving end of this harsh reality.
35. We all have reasons for lying. It’s often to hide pain or dissatisfaction. But, sometimes, there are bigger reasons to tell a little white lie.
36. There are times when the truth hurts. But sometimes, the truth can be even more painful than a lie.
37. The truth is not always easy. Sometimes, it can be painful, but being honest and keeping your word are still important virtues.
38. Talking about the truth and real serious stuff can sometimes be awkward, and people don’t always want to hurt each other’s feelings.
39. I’m sorry to hear you’re scared of the truth. It’s hard, but sometimes you have to face some harsh realities if you want to be successful.
40. Oh, some of us are never afraid of the truth. We’ve just learned to look at it differently than most people.
41. I am absolutely afraid of the truth. And sometimes, a lie is worth living.
42. The truth can be scary, but it’s better to face it with courage than to live an illusion and wind up more upset in the end.
43. We all want to make up our own stories about life as it suits us. It’s not a good thing, though. Always tell yourself the truth so that you can become who you are.
44. I’m not afraid of heights. I’m only and absolutely afraid of the truth.
45. It’s better to know the truth than be comfortable with a lie.
46. Sometimes, telling the truth is the bravest thing you can ever do.
47. If you want to know the truth, don’t ask. Observe.
48. You are never afraid of the truth. You are just afraid of how it will make you feel.
49. Don’t be afraid of the truth. Just be afraid of the consequences that come with it.
50. The truth is the light, and it is easier to look at the darkness. It is not always easy to look at the truth because it can expose our flaws, but without the truth, we are doomed to live in darkness.
51. The truth may be difficult, but it will set you free from the darkness.
52. It takes more effort to face the truth than it does to lie.
53. The truth can be absolutely scary. It can make you feel vulnerable and frightened because you’re unsure of how people will react. But the truth is the way to find peace.
54. Some people are afraid of the truth, but I think your strength is found in your vulnerability.
55. When the truth and honesty is an inconvenience to others, it becomes an inconvenience to yourself.
It is understandable that sometimes, it can be hard to acknowledge the truth. It may hurt, be scary, or cause you to question everything you thought you knew. But if the truth is the right thing to do, we need to hear it. And so do those around us.
These afraid of the truth quotes above help you learn that it’s okay, to tell the truth, let go of your fears and anxieties, and face reality head-on.
Sure, you loved these quotes.
Kindly drop a comment and then go ahead to hit the share button too.