Authenticity is having confidence in your ability to respond appropriately to the universe, and not feeling the pressure of others’ expectations. Being an authentic human being is about living your life sincerely and attentively. It means going with the flow and having a peaceful mind.
Choosing to be authentic is a combination of intention and action. It’s difficult, but it’s also simple. It’s different from pretending to be someone you’re not because once you start acting like yourself then it feels good. And the more you do it the easier it gets. It’s about loving yourself and others and it’s about facing the tough parts of life to grow stronger.
So, where are all the wonderful women? Where are all the authentic women who transcend the labels with their vision of how the world ought to be? I believe that these authentic woman quotes below capture who an authentic woman is and does so creatively. Enjoy them.
Authentic Woman Quotes
Being an authentic woman is so much more than wearing lipstick or wearing heels. It’s about who you are and what you’re capable of doing—it’s confidence and self-love. And it begins with knowing that it’s okay not to be a certain way because the most confident women know who they are and what they want to do with their lives.
1. Authentic women take responsibility for themselves and their actions. As a result, they are in the driver’s seat of their lives.
2. When women listen to their authentic selves, they make decisions and act on them. Then live with the results.
3. A woman should be like a tea bag—you don’t know how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
4. An authentic woman is physically, intellectually & emotionally strong to withstand any challenge that comes her way.
5. If you want people to think of you as an authentic woman, then start thinking for yourself and stop being so concerned about what others say.
6. Authentic women put other people first. They are compassionate and sympathetic, noticing when someone is upset or feeling neglected and doing what they can to help.
7. If you want to know an authentic woman, a true woman, she listens when others need a willing ear, gives compliments to brighten a gloomy day and reaches out to friends in times of stress.
8. Some people may say that it’s not easy being an authentic woman. And they’re right; sometimes it gets hard. But what they don’t tell you is that it also can be, and usually is, very rewarding.
9. An authentic woman, who she is, what defines her and how she can live her best life is all found inside her heart.
10. If you’re an authentic woman, you would find yourself constantly pushing back against external expectations, and societal pressures to be or act like something or someone you’re not.
11. She’s an authentic woman who believes in putting her family before herself. She has a passion for life and believes that there is more to love and more to live for.
12. She is an authentic woman. She knows what she likes and isn’t afraid to do all that it takes to achieve her goals, even if others frown upon it. This doesn’t mean she is manipulative or destructive, but she is smart and resourceful, and a fearless leader who goes after her dreams lustfully.
13. Why is she an authentic woman? There are dozens of reasons. She’s authentic, she’s strong, and she’s focused and driven. But I’ll get to that in a minute.
14. The authentic woman is very different from many others. Perhaps the qualities that make her unique are her strong sense of self as well as her powerful independence. She has an undying desire for self-improvement and personal growth. She knows what she wants out of life.
15. Authentic women know what they want like to laugh and have a good time, are close with their inner circle of friends, love to hug and cuddle, and aren’t afraid to talk about feelings.
16. An authentic woman is known for having an honest, straightforward personality that encourages others to open up.
17. Authentic women are humans too. They face the same struggles as everybody else but overcome them with the power of authenticity, kindness and love.
18. An authentic woman knows that she’s funny, smart, beautiful, and above all else, her person. She is the woman you want in your life.
19. The authentic woman doesn’t pretend to be something she’s not. She’s a real, genuine person you can trust.
20. Being an authentic woman is a bit difficult to explain but very easy to recognize in other people.
21. Being an authentic woman means you are true to your emotions and feelings — basically who you are on the inside… and on the outside (or most of the time).
22. Being an authentic woman in society today can be hard. You have to deal with a lot of expectations and demands that take their toll.
23. Woman have their strengths, which makes them beautiful and powerful. But, sadly they love to downplay themselves because of the cultural norms, or maybe from their conditioning from childhood.
24. Being an authentic woman doesn’t mean that you have to step out of the box. It means you have a great understanding of the fact that you are unique and have unique characteristics that don’t match most people’s norms (by society’s standards). It also means you love yourself for all your flaws.
25. Being an authentic woman is not just about wearing super cool boots, thick-rimmed glasses or planning a trip of a lifetime — it’s about believing in yourself and being confident.
26. An authentic woman is also about being true to who you are and your core values. Once you learn how to do this, it will change how you interact with the world and yourself positively.
27. Being an authentic woman is not about being perfect, it’s about being yourself and owning your flaws, just like the rest of us.
28. Being an authentic woman is hard. We spend so much time and energy trying to live up to the expectations of others and our expectations of ourselves.
29. Being an authentic woman is about more than just being true to yourself and about believing in your lady-balls. It’s about becoming a more thoughtful, considerate person.
30. Being an authentic woman goes beyond fashionable or Instagram-worthy. It’s doing what you love, and loving the woman you are in that process.
31. Authenticity in women is the ideology that a woman is true to her feelings, statements and beliefs. Women of the present feel a need for independence.
32. Being an authentic woman means cultivating a space for yourself, taking care of yourself, saying no when you need to, having boundaries, and knowing what you want. It also means being rationally aware of the world we live in while upholding your sense of self.
33. In a time where we’re programmed to be perfect, beautiful, and witty — it is never more important to be authentic. We are all fighting a war against the media that has made us equate beauty with confidence.
34. If we stop our constant inner battle with ourselves and focus on hyping ourselves up, we can beat the media at their own game by being Authentic.
35. So you want to be an authentic woman? Well, first you gotta stop doing those things that aren’t very lady-like. Like eating all the pizza before your friends get to it and farting while they’re talking.
36. To be a woman, being authentic should be the very nature of your existence.
37. Being authentic as a woman should breathe in you, like air itself. You shouldn’t have to put on some mask of authenticity; it should come naturally, like flinging open a window after a long winter.
38. The concept of female authenticity has been inflicted upon women for years, and it’s time to put an end to it!
39. Being an authentic woman isn’t about being a one-dimensional object in heels, a fake perk-filled smile, or meandering around the planet with a crease between your eyebrows. It’s about being unapologetically yourself.
40. Being an authentic woman is doing exactly what you want, not what someone has told you that you want; feeling loved by someone who understands you deeply even if they can’t always understand what drives you. Being authentic means being yourself.
41. You’re an authentic woman and you want to be treated as such. But how do you know when people and relationships are real? If someone is saying everything you want to hear but at their core, they’re not being true, how can you tell the difference?
42. Being an authentic woman is normal and natural, but if you’re always feeling like another person instead of yourself, it can be exhausting.
43. The journey to becoming an authentic woman is not always easy but it sure can help you to bring out the best of who you are and start living the life of your dreams.
44. Authenticity isn’t about being perfect; it means showing up for yourself and others as who you truly are.
45. Being authentic means that you are who you are and not who someone wants you to be. It’s about innocently behaving in a way that feels most natural for you, even if it doesn’t conform to the standards of modern society.
46. As authentic women, you are incredibly powerful beings and your lives have a very significant purpose.
47. To express their tastes and live a life that reflects their style.
48. Be yourself. Be brave, be authentic and be bold as you go after your dreams.
49. The most authentically gorgeous thing about you is you.
50. Be true to yourself, be true to your journey and be open to new experiences.
51. Being an authentic woman is not about how you look, but how you act.
52. Being a woman can be hard, and sometimes it feels like it’s harder than being a man. But there is power in authenticity, the heart of being true to who you are and what you want—and that makes everything else easier.
53. When you’re authentic, others see the real you.
54. Don’t be afraid to be your most authentic self.
55. To be an authentic woman is to step outside of the norms, make mistakes and feel human.
56. Embrace your authentic self. Don’t be afraid to be who you are and listen to that voice inside of you.
57. To be an authentic woman and stand for something is the most beautiful thing in the world. It gives us hope to know that there are people like you who truly believe in others and make the world a better place.
58. If we vow to be authentically ourselves, life is nothing but a journey of growth and happiness.
59. Being an authentic woman means you don’t have to be perfect. It means embracing your mistakes and screw-ups and rising above them.
60. To be an authentic woman is to be in touch with your inner self. It’s about showing up authentically in all areas of your life. It’s about being genuine and real, even as you strive to make a difference in the world.
61. Being an authentic woman is about being comfortable with yourself and appreciating your mistakes, faults and insecurities. It means not being afraid to fail.
62. To be an authentic woman is to be able to express the things that make you who you are. That’s exactly what we do at Hot Yoga, with your sisters by your side.
63. To be an authentic woman is to make mistakes, feel human, and embrace the other side of the coin.
64. It’s easy to be fake when you’re on the internet. Stay authentic, and don’t forget how much power you hold in your hand.
65. Don’t apologize for being an honest, authentic woman.
66. We all have a part to play in creating a more inclusive world. Be an authentic woman: speak your truth and be brave enough to share it with the world.
67. Being a woman is so much more than what you wear and how you look. It’s about becoming the best version of yourself, recognizing your strengths and embracing them.
68. Being a woman should be defined by more than just what we look like and how we present ourselves. It should also be a reflection of our values and who we are as people.
69. There is a sense of freedom and empowerment that comes from being authentic.
70. Being an authentic woman means knowing yourself and your desires, being who you are and what you want.
71. Nothing is more powerful than the strength of an authentic woman.
72. There’s no excuse for a woman not to be authentic.
73. To be an authentic woman is to embrace the fullness of your journey and not fear what your future holds.
74. As an authentic woman, she knows that her worth is not measured by the number of people who approve of her.
75. The best way to be authentic is to surround yourself with like-minded women.
76. Being an authentic woman doesn’t mean being perfect. It means being real.
77. Being an authentic woman means embracing all I am, not what others want me to be.
78. I am an authentic woman, who is comfortable with myself and does not apologize for it.
79. An authentic woman is someone who, through the power of her femininity, inspires us to be better.
80. As an authentic woman, your true self is the part of you that others can see, so embrace it—and be kind to it.
81. If you’re not comfortable being yourself, then you have a problem.
82. As an authentic woman, I am strong and comfortable in my skin.
83. Being an authentic woman is a choice, not a default. So, I’m embracing my strength, confidence and femininity in all its glory.
84. Don’t settle for less. Be more…Be an authentic woman.
85. Be a woman of your word. Always tell the truth. Feel free to change your mind, whatever it is that you decide. Be yourself, happy and authentic!
86. Authentic women who feel free to wear what they want, have the confidence
87. Being an authentic woman is my favourite, most amazing thing.
88. When you’re a strong, authentic woman, people can’t help but see it. You don’t have to pretend for anyone.
89. I’m a woman who believes in taking care of herself, speaking her truth and being seen for the beautiful, powerful soul I am.
90. Be who you are. Be authentic, be free and be confident.
91. We all can be authentic and discover our truest version of ourselves. Always be true to yourself, live life without regrets and be kind to everyone you meet.
92. The kind of woman who inspires others to be their best is the authentic kind.
93. Be true to yourself, in everything you do. Because you are perfect the way you are.
94. Being an authentic woman doesn’t mean you have to be perfect, but it does mean that you must learn how to be strong, feel comfortable with your imperfections and be willing to support one another.
95. Be your authentic self. Be who you are and stop trying to be someone you’re not.
96. We’re more than just a pretty face. We’re unique, powerful, and courageous women with a sense of style who knows how to have fun.
97. An authentic woman is one who simply knows what she wants, dares to go after it, and isn’t afraid to work hard for it.
98. You are a woman of strength and dignity. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
99. Being an authentic woman is not about what you wear, it’s about who you are.
100. Authenticity is a choice. Choose to be real, authentic and true to yourself every single day.
101. Being an authentic woman means embracing your essence, being comfortable in your skin, and not being afraid to show up as you are.
102. Being an authentic woman means being comfortable in your skin. It’s about trusting that there is more than one way to be a woman and celebrating how you look and feel at any given moment.
103. Truly authentic women are the ones who learn to think for themselves.
104. The most authentic woman I know makes sure she’s surrounded by people who believe in her.
Being an authentic woman means accepting we have to fight based on our ideals, even if they are not the same ideals shared by others. I hope you enjoyed these authentic woman quotes, and I hope they reminded you of the beauty and importance of the woman who embraces her true identity. Embrace your authenticity.