The phrase “banging your head against a brick wall” refers to a situation in which you are trying to achieve something that is very difficult, or even impossible.
There are times in life when we find ourselves banging our heads against a brick wall. We think we’re making progress, but it seems like we’re getting nowhere. It’s frustrating, disheartening, and demoralizing. We might even feel like giving up altogether.
The problem is that you are not going about it the right way! Banging your head against a brick wall is not going to help you get through it. It just hurts and wastes time.
Instead, if you want something to happen, make sure that what you are doing is making progress toward that goal. You should also be aware of the things that are holding you back so they can be eliminated or avoided as much as possible. Below are banging your head against a brick wall quotes enjoy.
Banging Your Head Against a Brick Wall Quotes
Banging your head against a brick wall is the act of constantly making futile attempts to solve a problem. This futile attempt is a frustrating experience because the person banging their head against a brick wall only gets headaches and possibly a concussion if they continue without learning how to solve their problem
1. If you’re banging your head against a brick wall, that means you are pushing hard and passionately towards something.
2. You’re stuck in a situation where you can’t change something, but you keep pretending that you can.
3. You’re upset about something that you can’t change, and you talk about it all the time.
4. “Man, this is the fraggiest brick wall I’ve ever banged my head against.
5. If you’ve ever hit your head against a brick wall, you know how it feels. It’s excruciating.
6. I’m banging my head against the wall, but what I need is a new way to break it down!
7. I’ve been banging my head against a brick wall for so long I don’t even know who I am anymore.
8. I’d rather bang my head against the brick wall than to take advice from someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
9. You have got to learn to get your head out of the sand.
10. “Ahead of your time is the best time to do things.”
11. Don’t worry about the problems you can’t solve. Worry about the ones you can solve.
12. “Don’t let the negative voices in your head defeat you. Their words are great fodder for your art.”
13. You’ve got to be the change you want to see in the world.
14. You are not going to make it. You’re making it harder than it needs to be. Let go and move on.
15. It’s the little things that get me down, but then I realize they’re the big things.
16. If you’re banging your head against a brick wall, that means you are pushing hard and passionately towards something.
17. When you’re banging your head against a brick wall, sometimes it helps to know the brick is soft.
18. When you’re banging your head against a brick wall, it’s best to have someone else as the wall.
19. I’ve hit my head against the wall so many times, it’s lost count.
20. Life is full of dead ends and brick walls, but you gotta keep pounding on them until they break.
21. I know it seems like I’m banging my head against a brick wall but I’ll keep going until I get through it.
22. You have to hit the brick wall hard enough in order to break through. You can’t let your head and hands hang down, you have to slam it against the wall like a battering ram until you feel something give. Then you climb over it and keep going.
23. No matter how hard you push, the wall is always there. You cannot get over it. You cannot go under it. You just have to bang your head against it until you forget that it even exists
24. You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf.
25. I’m tired of being tired and feeling like my head is going to explode. Let’s fight this together.
26. Don’t let the world keep you from living a full and happy life. It’s not going to do it for you, so go do it yourself!
27. “It’s not about how much you get done, but about how much you enjoy the process of doing it.”
28. Why are we so scared to take risks? Because we’re afraid of rocking the boat, of not being perfect, or of falling short. But don’t let your fears keep you from chasing your dreams.
29. We all do it sometimes. We put on our best face and pretend that everything is fine- that the struggle, heartbreak, or failure we’re experiencing does not exist.
30. Don’t try to put a band-aid over a broken leg. It’s time to figure out what you can learn from the situation and how you can move forward with your life.
31. You can’t control the fact that you’ve been laid off from your job, but you can change how you choose to respond to it.
32. It’s not like cancer. It’s the way he lies to himself that gets to me the most.
33. It’s hard to change a situation when you’re in it.
34. How many times have you asked for something, only to be ignored?
35. In a world full of ups and downs, it’s hard to know what to do. But there’s one thing you should always ask yourself: “How can I improve the situation?”
36. You have to make a decision before you can move forward. Your mind may be filled with doubt, but you need to believe in yourself and trust your instincts.
37. If you want something to change, you can’t keep asking “why.” You have to ask “how.”
38. It’s tough to change your situation. But, it’s not impossible. It takes time, patience and a lot of hard work. But the outcome is worth it!
39. You can’t change the past, but you can learn from it and be the best version of yourself.
40. You can’t change the past, but you can change how you choose to react to it.
41. This is what I mean when I say it’s not a matter of if, but when.
42. Be the change you want to see in the world.
43. We often say that we can’t change a situation but then fail to take action.
44. You can’t change a situation when you’re stuck in a rut and repeating the same things over and over again.
45. It’s okay to ask for what you want, but we all know the answer is always “No.”
46. You’re stuck in a rut or situation- you can’t change anything. You just need to break out and push through.
47. We repeat ourselves, sometimes out of habit, sometimes for no reason at all. But what’s the point?
48. A person who never gives up and keeps pushing for what they need or want until it’s theirs.
49. A change is gonna come. Just be patient, it’s going to happen.
50. Sometimes you just have to have faith that things are going to get better.
51. While you’re living through your own darkest hour, it can be hard to remain an optimist. But there are a few things that can help keep your spirits up, and I’m going to provide some in this helpful post.
52. You can’t predict whether or not you’re going to get a promotion, win the lottery, or meet the love of your life, but it’s still a good idea to go on with your day as if things are going to get better.
53. There is no scientific evidence that things are going to trend in the opposite direction.
54. Things will get better. They have to.
55. If you think the grass is greener on the other side, it is.
56. When you ask for something again and again, but it does not happen.
57. Just because you’re asking for something over and over again doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.
58. You know when you ask for something over and over again, it never works. I’m here to show you how things really work.
59. This law is self-explanatory in its mantra “Beggars can’t be choosers”. Repetition does not alone lead to success.
60. It’s hard to change a situation when you keep saying “I can’t” or “There’s no point.”
61. A person may be able to do something, but not be able to say it. They may be able to say it, but an inability to listen causes them to say the wrong thing. To change a situation is the ability to listen and respond in a timely manner that may make different outcomes possible.
62. I’ve been saying, “I want this,” but I can’t get it. Am I being unreasonable?
63. I want to talk about this. But I can’t change it, so I’ll just let it be and let you know when I’m ready to move on.
64. Don’t be someone who says, “I’m working on it.” Instead, say something like, “Yes, this is a work in progress.”
65. It’s time to break the cycle and stop saying “I can’t.” With a little help, you can turn “can’t” into “I can.”
66. Don’t say “yes” to something unless you’re ready to be a part of that company as well.
67. I tell myself every day that I am worth it. That I can do it so much harder and better… and still, every day I fall short.
68. You can only change the things you focus on. Be positive, look forward, and remember that everything is possible if you keep thinking positively!
69. We can all use a hand with managing distractions, staying focused, and overcoming procrastination. Request a free consultation today.
70. I’m trying to get this done, but it’s not working out how I want.
71. But then again, sometimes not changing a situation is the only thing that makes things better.
72. It’s hard to change your circumstances. But it’s not hard to change yourself.
73. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’ll get there if you keep going.
74. Just when I think I have a handle on what makes me happy, something happens and it turns out to be a mirage
75. I can’t change the world, but I can change my world.
76. Don’t worry about it, he’s a cheater and will do it again in no time. Just stop complaining and move on.
77. This whole situation is just gonna make me say it again, and again and again…
78. You know you’re stuck in a loop when it’s taking all your willpower just to keep from saying “I know, I know” over and over.
79. Do it, say it, and ask for it. You can’t change the way things are, but you can make them better.
80. You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.
81. Not really the time to be asking for change, but we’ll do it anyway.
82. I’m going to keep saying this until it sinks in.
83. “It’s like banging your head against a brick wall, but it feels so good when you stop.”
84. Don’t get stuck in the same old rut. Try banging your head against a brick wall!
85. Don’t get down and don’t get down, just keep on banging your head against that brick wall.
86. I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m banging my head against a brick wall.
87. The best things in life are unplanned—and sometimes, you need to bang your head against a brick wall until you get it.
88. Banging your head against the brick wall is an effective way to get through things—but it’s not a sustainable solution. Keep going, and keep trying.
89. You can’t reason with some people. They have no logic and they are extremely irrational. You may be thinking of banging your head against a brick wall, but all you will achieve is an ulcer…
90. I didn’t get where I am by being the first to give up, so you better be ready for a wall of bricks to hit you in the face.
91. If you’re not happy with where you are, then you’re going to have to climb over a few walls.
92. There are no two ways about it: you’re going to get hit with a brick wall. But that doesn’t mean you can’t learn a thing or two from the experience.
93. “When you’re going through hell, keep going.”
94. “You cannot change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails to always reach your destination.
95. It is a question of will not to be negative, and a question of will to be positive.
96. You can’t change your parents, but you can change how you respond to them.
97. It’s time to start banging your head against a brick wall.
98. If you’re banging your head against a brick wall, you’re doing it wrong.
99. “When you’re banging your head against a brick wall, sometimes it’s good to remember that the wall is made of bricks.”
100. You know the feeling when you bang your head against a brick wall? This is what it’s like.
101. I just can’t quit you. I’m finding it hard to get a grip on my head, but it’s a brick wall.
102. I don’t know how you do it, but somehow you push through the hardest of times and come out on top. I’m gonna call it a head bang against a brick wall moment.
103. I don’t know how you do it. I would never be able to push through the hard times and come out on top like you. There’s no way I could keep going through the hardest of times and keep on trucking.
104. You rock! I love the way you overcome obstacles and come out a better person on the other side. You’re definitely a force to be reckoned with.
105. I can’t thank enough for not giving up. It would have been an easy path to take, but you stoically pressed on. You’re magnificent!
106. Let me just start by saying that when I think of challenges, you’re the first person who comes to mind. The challenges we’ve shared over the years have taught me a lot about myself. So I can’t thank you enough for all of your support.
107. Never give up. Never surrender. Never stop pushing forward. It’s the only way to get what you want.
108. Life can be hard. Keep your chin up. Never give up, never surrender, and never stop pushing forward!
109. Whether you’re climbing Mount Everest or your first day of class, never stop fighting until you get what you want. You’ll reach the top every time.
110. Whatever you’re trying to accomplish, it won’t happen overnight. It will take time, but you have to keep going until you’ve reached your goal.
111. Hard work pays off. If you keep at it, even when the going gets tough, your dreams will come true.
112. Life’s too short to wonder what if. You’ve got to take the leap. You’ve got to make a move. You’ve got to go all in to get what you want in life.
113. There is no greater awareness of your own limitations than to try and force someone else’s.
114. It’s not what you do, but how you do it.
115. You just can’t win if you don’t try.
116. I am a strong believer in the fact that if you keep doing what you’re doing yesterday, you’ll end up where you began: right back where you started.
117. I’ve heard it said the fastest way to really get a person mad is to tell them they’re wrong. But if you tell them they are right, they still won’t believe it, but at least they won’t be angrier.
While I’m not sure how many people actually enjoy banging your head against a brick wall quotes, it’s a useful metaphor when describing how you feel when faced with a seemingly insurmountable design challenge. Being an effective problem solver is an important skill: as a designer, you’ll face plenty of tough challenges, and it’s critical that you figure out ways to overcome them.