Battling illness is hard. The worst thing about being ill is the feeling you have when you’re going through it. It can be terrifying, frustrating and isolating. Many of us have been in this position, and we know how difficult it can be to get through the day without feeling completely overwhelmed by the challenge of having a chronic disease.
However, being ill is an opportunity to get in touch with your body, mind and soul. It offers you the chance to see how much you take for granted, how little you appreciate your health, how little control you have over your life and what happens when things go wrong.
The first step toward healing is accepting that you are sick and that there is no shame in that. If you are battling an illness, then you are already facing one of life’s biggest challenges — the challenge of survival. So congratulate yourself for making it this far!
Illness can feel isolating, but it isn’t just about you; it affects everyone around you too — family members who worry about their loved one’s health, friends who may not know what to say or do and medical professionals who must treat patients while fighting their own fears about contagion.
When faced with illness, it’s natural to focus on your own physical discomfort and on the tasks needed to get well again: taking medications at specific times each day; following a diet plan; undergoing surgery; undergoing chemotherapy; having blood drawn. These battling illness quotes are best used to empathize with such people, remind them that they are not alone in their struggles, and comfort them.
Battling Illness Quotes
The battle of illness is a battle to stay strong and determined, but also find comfort in the fact that people around you are rooting for you because battling with illness is not what anyone wishes for.
1. Fight your body’s natural reaction to feeling weak or fragile. You are a powerful force when you’re healthy and a true warrior when you’re battling illness. Just because you can’t heal yourself doesn’t make you a failure.
2. When you are sick, sometimes the most important thing in life is to realize that you can still be strong and brave.
3. You are going to win the battle because you were given the strength and the power to do so. You are strong and powerful. You will come out on top.
4. We are not defined by our illness, but by the way we rise above it. Grit your teeth, fight and win. Fight the good fight.
5. Battling with an illness? You are not alone. We’re here to comfort you through a difficult time.
6. It’s okay to be sad because you’re sick. By sharing your experiences and the things that have helped you, you can help others with the same illness.
7. It’s normal to feel sad, scared or overwhelmed when you’re fighting an illness. You’re not alone in this journey, and there are people here to support you through it.
8. You’re not alone. Many people with [illness] are going through the same feelings. But by sharing your experiences and the things that have helped you, we can all overcome it together.
9. Battle with strength and courage, not giving up! When you’re fighting for your life, you want to be surrounded by people who support you.
10. You know what it’s like to feel sick and overcome it. Remember that somebody is feeling that way right now. When you see someone suffering, smile at them and offer them comfort as you would wish someone to do for you.
11. It’s not easy to battle illness, but you can do it. You’re stronger than you think.
12. If you’re fighting a cold, you want something that can comfort you. You want something warm and smooth, something that will soothe your throat and make you feel better fast.
13. Don’t worry! You are tough, so you will win this battle. In every battle, there is a victor and there is a vanquished. In your battle against this illness, you shall be the victor.
14. When you are feeling ill and you overcome it, remember that you’ve been where someone else is. Treat them with kindness and comfort them as you would like to be treated.
15. Illness is a scary thing. But, there are people out there who have been through it and lived to tell the tale. Hearing their stories gives those who are ill hope for better days ahead. It gives them the strength to keep fighting.
16. This sickness is not unto death and even though you are battling with it, You shall surely come out unscathed. Everyone goes through challenges. By sharing your experiences and the things that have helped you, you can help others.
17. It’s okay to be sick, even if you feel like you have no energy. Don’t give up, you can fight it! Just keep fighting.
18. You have a lot of experience in dealing with what you are going through. You deserve to be comforted too but remember that every illness you have battled and conquered gives you an advantage and the right to comfort someone who is in that state.
19. Your condition can be life-changing. But you can remain strong and fight through the pain.
20. Battling an illness is not easy, but you don’t have to be a victim of your disease. This is the time to fight back, not give up!
21. You are not alone and though I’m not a doctor, but I do know that fighting this battle is not easy at all.
22. We all battle illness. Some of us just manage it better than others. It’s hard to be sick, but you’re not alone. Always remember that there are a lot of people who fight for their health every day, just like you.
23. Remember, this is not the end. Everything will be ok. You will find peace again after battling this illness.
24. It’s not easy to face life when you’re sick, but that’s just part of being who you are. The important thing is to keep your head up and learn to laugh at the things that used to make you cry.
25. Remember that every time you’ve fought through a tough illness, you’ve proven the power of your own amazing body and spirit. You are stronger than any sickness.
26. It’s time to get up victorious from your battle against illness. Receive the comfort you deserve.
27. Dealing with an illness can be really tough. But it’s not always easy to talk about your illness, either. That’s where we come in. With a community of people just like you, you can share your experiences and see how others have coped with the same illness.
28. Suffering is an awful reality at times, but you have been given every right to comfort a person going through the same thing. Give comfort.
29. When you’re sick, your body tells you that it needs extra care and attention. We’ll do our part to make sure you have everything you need to get better while battling this illness.
30. While battling with illness, you need all the care therein. We know there’s not much we can say to ease the pain of your situation, but know that you are loved by so many and we will be right here with you every step of the way.
31. Battling illness is not easy. It’s hard to accept that you are not the same person you used to be, and it can feel like you have lost everything. But you are so much stronger than you think you are.
32. It can be tough battling illness and it’s important to lean on family, friends and loved ones during this time.
33. You are victorious. You are a warrior. You have been through a lot in life, so we know you can come out on top. After all, people see you as someone strong and tough so you got this! Your battle against this illness will have you come out victorious.
34. Your painful experiences in battling this illness should not diminish you. They make you stronger, more compassionate and wiser. So the next time you offer comfort to others, don’t forget to comfort yourself too.
35. Sometimes life throws us a thick slice of humble pie. It’s hard, it sucks, and we don’t like it. But that’s life. You have to take the lemons and make lemonade. It is really sad to see someone battling an illness.
36. Being ill may be a difficult part of life, but it does not have to be forever. So, battling illness may put one at the receiving end of many things; pleasant or not but just never give up.
37. We all deal with the ups and downs of life, even the healthiest among us. One of the best things we can do for each other is to share our experiences so that we can learn from one another and feel emotionally supported in hard times, especially when battling an illness.
38. Sometimes, the best way to give comfort is to receive it first. Battling sickness and coming out stronger gives you every right to comfort another person going through the same ordeal. Receive comfort.
39. You will succeed. You will get through this! You are strong and capable and soon you will be back to your feet with a smile on your face. After battling this illness, you will be stronger in the end.
40. You can prevail against your battle with this illness, and I’m here whenever you need me. The healing is done, it is painful now, but you will be better than ever.
41. They say sharing is caring. When you talk about your experiences and what’s helped you, you can help other people with the same illness. Every time you survive an illness, your body becomes stronger and more resilient. You are able to comfort others with the warmth of your presence.
42. As you fight this illness, let everything about you inspire hope and positivity. Remember, illness can be difficult and scary, but you are capable of healing yourself. Every sickness that you’ve overcome is a testament to the strength of your body and will. You can do this.
43. It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life while battling an illness, just remind yourself that it takes a lot of strength to push through.
44. Remember that every illness you have battled and conquered gives you an advantage and the right to comfort someone who is in that state. You deserve to be comforted too.
45. When you are sick, treat yourself kindly and with great care. Eventually, you will be well again. When that happens, don’t forget how it felt when you were ill and extend the same kindness and comfort to others.
46. If you are ill and you recover, treat others the same way as you would like to be treated in that situation. You know this stranger called illness, it’s not a friend of the body and doesn’t belong in the body. Rise up victorious.
47. Illnesses are strangers that seek abode in our bodies. Yet, our bodies are not their habitation. It’s time to get up victorious from your battle against illness.
48. Every time you battle an illness, you strengthen your immune system and are able to soothe others with your warmth.
49. You are not alone. We are here to help you in your time of need and will get you through this, even as you go into battle with this illness, you will overcome it.
50. You are not alone. Stay strong, stay positive and remember that you are doing the best you can to fight this illness.
It won’t matter who you are or where you have been, these battling illness quotes will always drive home the fact that we can be better and become better people in spite of the adversities that affect us.