Life behind bars is a world of its own. It’s not just a place where you’re locked up and forced to live out your days, but it’s also a community of people who have to learn how to survive in the most difficult of circumstances.
The idea of a prison is a scary one, especially for those who have never been in one. The thought of being locked up for years or even the rest of your life is enough to cause anyone to panic. Let’s face it; we all know that prison isn’t fun.
However, the truth is that you can also be a prisoner of yourself and that is the most dangerous prison you can be in. It’s a prison you built from fear, doubt, shame, guilt and from self-imposed limitations.
One way or the other we are all prisoners of ourselves. We are all prisoners of our own minds, our own thoughts, our own perceptions and judgments.
The only way out is to understand the nature of these prisons, to see what they consist of, how they operate and how they can be dismantled. Only then can we truly be free.
Here below are some of the best behind the bars quotes written just for you which I am very sure you will love and enjoy.
Behind the Bars Quotes
Behind the Bars is a project that aims to help people who have been incarcerated and are on their way to serving their sentence. We believe that behind bars, people can change.
1. Behind the bars is where you make all your dreams come true. Behind bars is where you are free to be your person. Behind the bars or behind the door—the choice is always yours.
2. Behind the bars, there’s an inmate who is counting down to freedom. Every day his life hangs in the balance. But he keeps fighting for a better tomorrow. He knows that a new beginning starts today.
3. Behind bars, we deal with all kinds of people. But we all have feelings and emotions, like anyone else.
4. Behind the bars, there’s a lot of waiting. Waiting for someone to come and let you out, waiting for your time to come around. But the truth is, it’s never too late to change your life.
5. Life behind bars has taught most people that you must choose how you live—not the other way around.
6. e free behind the bars. Don’t let someone else define you or hold you back. You’re strong! You’re smart! You can be anything you want to be.
7. Behind the bars, you see a world of possibilities. Behind the bars, you can see real growth and change.
8. Behind bars, time is your enemy and the people around you are your best friends.
9. Behind the bars, we are all the same. It’s how you handle those chains that define who you are.
10. The power of your mind is stronger than the bars around you. Hard work and dedication can take you to places you never imagined. Keep pushing ahead, never quit and believe in yourself.
11. Behind the bars, a growing number of inmates are learning skills to get back on their feet. Even behind the bars, you are stronger than you think.
12. Behind the bars, there is a world of freedom and opportunity. For those with a passion for learning, it’s time to seize your dreams.
13. When you are behind bars, your only hope is to stay positive and work hard.
14. Behind bars, you have time to think of better ways. In society, you have time to talk about it.
14. There’s no reason not to keep your chin up when you’re behind bars.
15. Behind the bars is where talent and hard work are rewarded.
16. Behind bars or not, we all have to grow up. Life’s a lesson.
17. Behind the bars, you have time to reflect on your life and consider your goals. You’ll learn what matters in life and how to keep moving forward. And maybe you’ll even find a new appreciation for some of the things that go bump in the night.
18. Behind the bars, what you’re looking at is an endless sea of possibilities.
19. Behind bars you will learn about many things. You might learn how to fight, how to meditate and more. The important thing is that behind bars you will gain a lot of experiences that no one else has.
20. You can’t escape the bars of your mind and soul. But you can escape being a victim of physical bars.
21. Behind bars, we find ourselves in a state of unequalled freedom. Behind bars, we can be whomever we want to be.
22. Behind bars, they still have dreams. Behind bars, they never give up hope. Behind bars, they still believe in life and love.
23. Behind the bars, we are all the same. But once we’re out, we’re just people.
24. A difference in status or money doesn’t matter. We are all the same behind bars. But once we are out, we are all just people with different stories to tell.
25. Behind bars you can’t choose your friends. But what you have there is the only thing that matters—your dignity.
26. Your life should be lived behind the bars of passion, care and respect.
27. Behind bars, the world is a beautiful place. It’s there that life begins for some people, and nothing will ever change that.
28. When you’re behind bars, you can’t get out of your own way. You have to realize that you’re the only one who can make changes in your life. So stop trying to blame everyone else and do it yourself.
29. When you’re behind bars, there’s nowhere to hide. But when you know how to fight, you can escape the prison of your mind and make the world your playground.
30. Behind the bars: A memoir of survival, resilience, and the will to live
31. If you’re behind bars, you’ve got to stay positive and have a positive attitude. Don’t think of it as a prison but try to see it as home.
32. Behind all the bars, there are people who struggle day and night to get out, they are all silent warriors.
33. Behind the bars—where there’s no such thing as safe, no such thing as wrong, every day is a new beginning.
34. Do you ever feel like you don’t have any control over your life? You’re not alone. We all go through times when we feel like drowning or stuck in a black hole. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
35. Behind bars, we can dream, struggle and grow. But out of those bars, we are strong.
36. Within our walls, we dream. We struggle. We grow. But outside of those walls, we are strong.
37. Despite the unfortunate circumstances behind their incarceration, this group of people have survived, grown and made each day count.
38. Behind bars, you can do anything. On the outside, it’s a different story.
39. Behind bars, I never forget. My time is limited, but my mind is endless.
40. I have many exciting things to do in my life, but behind bars, I only have time to think.
41. I’ve got a million things going on in my life, but being stuck here gives me too much time to think.
42. As a prisoner, I have little to occupy my time. I have a lot of unfulfilled dreams behind bars and little motivation to improve myself.
43. I’ve got a lot going on, but the prison’s a drag. I sit around wasting away. I wish I could get out and get my life started again.
44. Outside, I’m always on the go. But I look forward to the time when I can enjoy my favourite hobbies, especially reading.
45. The hours spent in prison have made me a stronger person. My time is limited, but my spirit is never broken.”
46. Behind bars, we are all the same. But out of them, we are all different.
47. We might spend our time behind bars, but that’s where the similarities end. We share stories, food, and games. We laugh and smile without prejudice. Being part of a team makes us feel normal again. Thanks for making this possible!
48. We’ve got a lot in common. We’re diverse and friendly, with many different backgrounds and stories. We’re in here together, and we make the best of it.
49. Everyone deserves a second chance. We help people who need it the most to turn their lives around and make them better. Each person’s story is unique, but we believe in the power of community.
50. We are humans who have committed a crime, but all have the potential to better ourselves and be great members of our society again.
51. We believe everyone deserves an equal opportunity to pursue their goals and dreams and realize their potential.
52. Behind the bars of your mind, there’s a world of possibilities waiting to be explored.
53. Behind bars, there’s no time for dreaming. It’s more of a waking reality. Together we can change that.
54. I have been in jail for about ten months. I hope to go free soon. I hope to be free again and be a good role model for my nephews and nieces and help them out if I can when in need.
55. Get behind bars, stay safe and have a good day!
56. Behind bars, I’ll be able to indulge in all of the things I love to do outside. Life is about getting what you need, not having anything.
57. Life is about getting what you need, not having anything.
58. When your sentence is up, I’ll give you tons of money so you can have everything you want. You are going to be a real VIP on the inside.
59. For those who are unable to enjoy their lives, there is the option of living in comfort. One will be able to get all of the comforts that one could need, even when confined to prison. The best part about being confined to prison is enjoying one’s life, knowing that one can have everything one needs while in prison.
60. I am looking for a community that supports people and a program that does its best to help them succeed. I will make the most of my time there.
61. I’m looking forward to getting home and spending time with my family.
62. Behind bars, I’m free to explore my creative self.
63. My walls are covered with canvases; others say my artwork is a chaotic mess. I’m hard to understand because my work is abstract, but one thing is clear: behind bars, I’m free to explore my creative self.
64. Being behind bars is a pretty conducive environment for making art and creating.
65. Behind those bars, your mind expands to infinity. You’ll think about the things you used to do and the people you used to spend time with. You’ll learn more about yourself and explore new things.
66. When you escape reality, your mind is at peace. You’ll learn more about yourself and explore the new things out there for you.
If you have diligently gone through these behind the bars quotes, you would definitely find the ones that you love and that are useful to you.
I would like to know what you think about the quotes and life behind bars in the comment section below.