Whether you are an experienced birder or just a casual bird watcher, you have come to the right place in search of the best quotes about watching birds. It doesn’t matter how long you have been in the game; your mind is about to be transformed. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Bird watching is an activity that is preferred by many people when they need some time outdoors. It can serve as a form of camping, sightseeing, or pastime. Whichever it is, watching birds do their thing is an amazing sport.
There are absolutely no rules for the activity and definitely no age restrictions. It gives you a spark in your soul that lasts a long time. Nature will always win when it comes to having a good time with family and friends outside the house.
So while you go about enjoying your favourite pastime, I have made a collection of interesting quotes that will make your day. They are borne out of a long period of watching thousands of different species of birds. Enjoy all of them, but don’t forget to share them with your family and friends as soon as possible.
Bird Watching Quotes
When you feel bored, unhappy, or even downcast, nature will find a way to lift your spirits again. Birdwatching is one sure way you can recover from a period of gloom. It will transform your mind by thrilling your senses. You can never go wrong with this one.
1. I think the most important quality in birdwatching is a willingness to stand quietly and see what comes.
2. Our everyday lives obscure a truth about existence – that there lies a stillness and a light at the heart of everything. Birdwatching makes us see this.
3. There is an unreasonable joy to be had from birdwatching: the observation of small birds going about their bright, oblivious business.
4. There are approximately ten thousand species of birds on the planet, and no single individual experienced in birdwatching has seen them all.
5. Birds will give you a window if you allow them. While birdwatching, they will show you secrets from another world – a fresh vision that, though it is avian, can accompany you home and alter your life.
6. You could spend your days doing nothing but bird watching—watching blue jays.
7. To birds, we seem to be chained to planet Earth. Birdwatching teaches this truth.
8. Birdwatching reveals that birds are magical. Their flight alone can arouse clever thoughts.
9. You must have the bird in your heart before finding it in the bush. And you must have been birdwatching for a long time.
10. During birdwatching, it is necessary to become part of the silence to see birds.
11. I realized that I would rather have birds than aeroplanes if I had to choose. How I enjoy birdwatching.
12. Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience. Birdwatching also requires patience.
13. Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being that we may strive to attain. I have observed by birdwatching.
14. After a period of birdwatching, it’s a fact that a forest bird never wants a cage.
15. Birds are the earliest and greatest performers. Birdwatching is a perfect form of entertainment.
16. If you have been birdwatching long enough, you will discover that birds are, perhaps, the most eloquent expression of reality.
17. I feel strange to all but the birds of America because I have been birdwatching all my life.
18. Birdwatching has meant a variety of things to many people, but for me, it has been intricately intertwined with life.
19. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird? Birdwatching is an interesting pastime.
20. I enjoy birdwatching. I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves you from going to heaven.
21. During all these years, I had a tendency to follow nature in her walks. Birdwatching is one of them.
22. I consider myself the bridge between the shotgun and the binoculars in bird watching. Before I came along, the primary way to observe birds was to shoot and stuff them.
23. Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them, including birdwatching?
24. Creative expression, whether writing, dancing, bird-watching, or cooking, can give a person almost everything he or she has been searching for: enlivenment, peace, meaning, and the incalculable wealth of time spent quietly in beauty.
25. I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than cherries, and I give them fruit for their songs. They make birdwatching worth the while.
26. God gives every bird its food, but he does not throw it into its nest. You’ll get to know about this through birdwatching.
27. Birdwatching shows you that there is nothing in which birds differ more from man than how they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.
28. Try birdwatching; you’ll know that birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn’t we?
29. When I started birdwatching, I had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.
30. Those nimble air musicians who warble forth their strange ditties, which nature has endowed them with for the shame of art. Birdwatching is a whole art.
31. While birdwatching, the moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.
32. I spend a lot of time learning about bird watching. It’s never been a waste of effort.
33. Little things like making clothes, baking bread, cooking, and even useless things like bird-watching, sketching flowers, and playing the guitar at home—that sort of time is gone.
34. The commonest forms of amateur natural history in the United States are probably gardening, bird watching, the maintenance of aquarium fish, and nature photography.
35. We do a lot of bird-watching in the country, but we almost never have a chance to people-watch. There simply aren’t enough human beings up here: there is nowhere you can park yourself with a cup of coffee and observe the species on parade.
36. Fall is my favourite season in Los Angeles for birdwatching as the birds change colour and fall from the trees.
37. When the government occasionally works, it works in an elitist fashion. The government is most easily manipulated by people with money and power already. And no one in the government will remember that when poor people go bird-watching.
38. I spent money on a decent bike, a bit of kit for paddle boarding, and I like bird watching, so I bought a decent pair of binoculars.
39. Not humans, but birds often witness the most beautiful mornings in this world! I found out by birdwatching.
40. Be like a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still, she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. Birdwatching is fun.
41. People are interested in birdwatching only as long as birds exhibit human behaviour-greed and stupidity, and anger-and by doing so, they free us from the unique sorrow of being human.
42. Birds are an ecological litmus test. Birdwatching is an experiment.
43. Tame birds sing of freedom. Wild birds fly. By birdwatching, you will agree with me.
44. Take notes while birdwatching. You’ll have no idea how far you can fly until you spread your wings.
45. Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn’t people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains for them? Let’s go birdwatching a little bit more.
46. No bird can fly too high if he uses his own wings. I’ve learnt a lot from birdwatching.
47. I’m delighted to be who I am, although birdwatching sometimes makes me desire to be a bird so that I can fly.
48. You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren. By birdwatching, I know an eagle and a wren.
49. I have learned the nature of birds by birdwatching. If one bird foraging in a flock on the ground suddenly takes off, all other birds will take off immediately after him before they even know what’s going on. The one who stays behind may be prey.
50. Your dreams are what define your individuality. They have the power to give you wings and make you fly high. You can learn from birds by birdwatching.
51. It is lovely to discover our wings and learn to fly; flight is a lovely process, as you can see from birdwatching. But to rest on God’s wings as He flies: this is divine.
52. Birdwatching teaches us how to spread our own wings and fly to the heavens.
53. There are a lot of us out here that have become birds by birdwatching, man. We all need just to fly.
54. No matter how many hours we spend birdwatching, we are thankful that men cannot fly and destroy the sky and the earth.
55. As I was birdwatching one day, I came to the conclusion that if God had intended us to fly, he’d have never given us railways.
56. The presence of a single bird can change everything for one who appreciates them, or one who enjoys birdwatching.
57. The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings. We can cultivate faith through birdwatching.
58. A smart city means a city where humans who love bird watching, trees, birds and other animals can grow with all their glories, imperfections, freedom and creativity.
59. I keep looking for one more teacher, only to find that fish learn from the water and birds learn from the sky. Birdwatching is my favourite hobby.
60. I understand by birdwatching that birds do not sing in caves, nor do doves cherish their innocence in dovecotes.
61. You will enjoy birdwatching. Some birds are not meant to be caged. That’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild.
62. Heavenly bodies are nests of invisible birds. Birdwatching makes you a philosopher.
63. Just as a bird needs wings to fly, a leader needs useful information to flow. Leaders learn from birdwatching.
64. Sometimes, when I go birdwatching, I pray to the birds because they remind me of what I love rather than what I fear. And at the end of my prayers, they teach me how to listen.
65. Birds were created to record everything. If you are someone given to birdwatching, you will attest that they were not designed just to be beautiful jewels in the sky but to serve as the eyes of heaven.
66. This is fantastic, fantastic! Go birdwatching. Be the bird. You are the bird. Sacrifice yourself to family values.
67. A forest bird never wants a cage. Birdwatching wild birds seem more fun than watching caged ones.
68. After months of birdwatching, I have seen that caged birds accept each other, but the flight is what they long for.
69. When you are convinced that all the exits are blocked, either you take to believing in miracles, or you stand still like a hummingbird, bird watching other birds.
70. I love birdwatching, and that’s why I will say that birds are skybound; holding them down in a cage is wicked love.
71. Birdwatching is enjoyable in the delicious autumn! My soul is wedded to it; if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
72. The eagle has no fear of adversity. Try birdwatching, and you will discover that we need to be like the eagle and have the fearless spirit of a conqueror.
73. When you next go birdwatching, look closely, and you will see that the bluebird carries the sky on his back.
74. Soft feathers cannot make a cruel bird kind. If you have good experience in birdwatching, you will agree to this.
75. If you went birdwatching but were disappointed that they didn’t sing, how can you expect the birds to sing when their groves are cut down?
76. No bird can fly without opening its wings, and no one can love without exposing their hearts. Birdwatching gives inspiration for poetry creation.
77. I went birdwatching like I usually do, but I found the haft of an arrow that had been feathered with one of the eagle’s plumes. This is destructive.
78. Nothing in the world is quite as adorably lovely as a robin when he shows off-and they are nearly always doing it. Birdwatching is a fulfilling adventure.
79. What law, for what reason, can deny that birdwatching is such a fascinating activity?
80. Whenever I go out to enjoy birdwatching, the sound of birds stops the noise in my mind.
81. No one is free; even the birds are chained to the sky. We found out by birdwatching different birds.
82. It was an amazing discovery that the bird thought it was a favour to give the fish a lift in the air.
83. Every nation needs two wings to fly. I’ve been birdwatching, knowing that any bird with ripped wings will never fly.
84. Everyone likes birdwatching. In their graceful nature, birds will make you forget that time passes.
85. Birdwatching will fill your time with more delight than binge-watching or Netflix.
86. I have yet to see any pastime that will take the place of birdwatching.
87. If you’re looking for some inspiration, try bird watching. Thank me later.
88. Nothing matches the joy and fulfilment I get from bird watching. It’s a morale booster.
89. Birdwatching will connect you to the soul of those birds and give you wings to fly.
90. Let’s go birdwatching next time we need some ideas for artistic creation.
91. I never knew I could be awestruck by nature until I started bird watching. Now I’m stuck with it.
92. There are two things that I enjoy doing. Birdwatching is one of them. The next I’m yet to understand.
93. If you are a fan of birdwatching, then your heart must have developed wings by now.
94. I wouldn’t suggest birdwatching to you. You will adopt it by yourself after the first round.
95. If only birdwatching were included in the Olympics, people like me would go home with gold medals.
96. You can learn about the creativity of birds by birdwatching. Maybe you will apply it to your own life.
97. Keep silent when birdwatching. That’s how you’ll learn—by observing the winged creatures.
98. Birdwatching can be a very good addiction, better than any drug.
99. Call me when you find a better hobby. For now, I’m stuck with birdwatching.
100. I’d rather spend a thousand dollars birdwatching than a hundred on Netflix.
You can get a lot of fun and education from birdwatching. You just need to open your mind and receive them. I hope you have been delighted by these bird watching quotes I collected for you. Endeavour to share them with your folks to thrill them too.