When a relationship is challenging and you’re wondering if it’s worth it, you may be feeling lost, confused, or even alone. You may be wondering if things will ever get better or what you should do next.
You’re not alone. So many people have found themselves in situations that they never imagined they’d be in. They’ve felt trapped by their circumstances and are not sure how to move forward. But the fact that you are reading this right now shows that there is hope for you and your relationship!
Don’t give up on yourself. You deserve to be happy and so does your partner! Sometimes we get so caught up in our own feelings that we forget about our own needs, goals and desires. Take some time for yourself so that you can figure out what those things are before making any big decisions about your future together or apart from each other.
When a relationship is challenging, it can be easy to get stuck in negative patterns of behaviour that can create distance and even resentment. There are many ways that couples can break out of these negative patterns, but one of the most powerful is to practice mindfulness together. Hence, check out these lovely challenging quotes about relationships.
Challenging Quotes About Relationship
Relationships are challenging. It’s easy to feel like you will never be able to live up to someone else’s expectations, but the important thing is to remember that the only person who can make or break your relationship with yourself is you.
1. Relationship is like a game of chess. You may not realize it at first, but you’ll soon learn what the other person wants, how to outwit them, and how to win.
2. Relationships are hard, but they’re even harder if you don’t try. Relationships are hard. Relationships with your best friend can be even harder.
3. Relationships are hard. It’s like taking a test – you might end up a genius or you may end up with a C average. But at least you’ll know what you’re going to college for.
4. Relationships are hard. But when you’re in one, it’s not as bad as you think. When you couple up, don’t let the notion of “opposites attract” keep you from being who you were made to be.
5. Some things are better in chocolate. And a relationship is one of them. A relationship should be like a roller coaster. Exciting and thrilling, but never boring.
6. In a relationship, you need to be willing to fight for what you want, but it’s also important not to fight for everything. Some relationships are hard for no reason.
7. There are no wrong relationships, only different ones that don’t work. Life is too short to have a bad relationship.
8. Relationships are hard. Work on them before you settle for something that’s wrong for you. It can be complicated, but they’re also worth it.
9. Relationships between two people combine passion, sex, and commitment. One plus one doesn’t always equal two, but it can equal three.
10. Working on a relationship is like working out. You don’t want to get too excited, because you might bust your ass and have nothing left to show for it.
11. If you can’t handle being alone, don’t get into a relationship. Relationships are a lot like baking. You can spend hours, or weeks, on something and still end up with a flavourless baked good.
12. Relationships are like glass: they may appear to be half full, but only when you look from the bottom up. The only thing that’s constant in relationships is change.
13. Relationships are like a box of chocolates: you never know what you’re gonna get.
14. One of the most important things about a relationship is that it’s always changing. So be willing to grow and adapt with your partner as you journey through this thing called life.
15. Relationships are hard. They take work, commitment and sometimes even a little pain. But if you want to be happy in a relationship, you have to put in the work. So don’t say it’s too hard, say it’s worth it!
16. On the road to true love, you’ll meet a lot of people, who are going to tell you what’s wrong with your relationship. Don’t listen to them. They’re all jealous and insecure. The only person stopping you from finding happiness is you.
17. The easiest way to make a relationship complicated is to ask your partner about it. When you’re in a relationship, the best things never last. But sometimes they do.
18. Relationships are hard work. But so is love. So you better do both right? The best relationships are the ones that get better with time.
19. Relationships are like a pile of leaves: no two are alike, but they all seem the same at first glance. Love is a game of inches. You win or you lose, but you can’t have it both ways.
20. Don’t be afraid to express your feelings. As long as you do it in a way that makes your partner feel comfortable, it’s not too much!
21. The best relationships are the ones where you’re always challenging each other.
22. Relationships are a beautiful thing. But, like everything in life, they come with their share of challenges, too. Fortunately, you can always find something positive to say about your partner
23. Relationships are like a roller coaster. You don’t always know where it’s going to take you, but when it does, it’s the most amazing ride of your life.
24. I don’t want to be in a relationship. I want my own damn show. The best relationships are the ones where there’s a great deal of give and take.
25. Relationships are like computers. They’re only as reliable as the connections you make between them.
26. Relationships are like a bar of chocolate, you have to work for them and keep them hidden from your children. You ask me whether I’m single or taken. In fact, there is no answer to that question.
27. At the end of the day, it’s all about how you feel. So move on, be happy and enjoy your life. You know, the more you give, the more you get back. The more you love, the more it shows.
28. Life is hard. Relationships are even harder. But it’s your fault for ever thinking about them as a challenge.
29. The most challenging part about relationships is not the good times, but the bad.
30. Relationships are like a piece of cake unless you’re married to one…then they’re like a piece of cake that keeps getting harder and harder to bake.
31. The best relationships are the ones in which each person’s dreams and expectations align. The secret to a happy relationship is respecting each other’s differences.
32. Relationships are like buses, they come when they want to and then leave when they have to. A relationship without conflict is like a chocolate cake without nuts.
33. A relationship is not a competition. It’s more like an adventure. A journey into yourself.
34. Relationships are hard. The hardest thing is to figure out who you are and how to be with others.
35. Relationships are like a roller coaster: one second you’re climbing and the next you’re falling. The best relationship is when you love each other but still fight.
36. Relationships are like a row of dominoes. You knock one over and the rest fall in line. Relationships are like glass baubles: it’s not about the size of the pearl, but how well you string them together.
37. Relationships are hard. But if you’ve ever laughed with someone, known someone who’s funny, or just had a good time with any human being, you know that the effort of making that connection is worth every ounce of pain.
38. If you want to be completely happy (and I mean completely happy) and you want a relationship that will last, you’re going to have to work at it. There is no other way.
39. A relationship is just two people and their dreams. It takes two people to make a whole and that’s what makes it challenging.
40. A relationship is a long, sustained conversation that you don’t always want to have but can never stop yourself from having.
41. You just can’t force something. You have to know where you’re going and what you want. If you think the person is worth that effort, then go for it. But if you think that person isn’t worth it, then don’t waste your time.
42. Relationships are like a roller coaster. It’s easy to get thrown off the ride, but you don’t have to stay off the ride forever.
43. You wouldn’t think that someone who actually wants a relationship would have so many excuses. But you’re wrong. There are plenty out there waiting to sweep you off your feet and show you how it’s done.
44. Relationships are like a roller coaster. You’re on top for a while, then you fall down the first hill, and then you climb back up again.
45. Relationships are hard. When you’re in one, make sure you keep the good memories and try to avoid the bad ones. Relationships take work, but they’re worth it if they’re true.
46. This is a reminder that relationships are all about the journey, not about the destination. Loving someone doesn’t mean that you don’t have problems. It means that you have found the courage to solve them.
47. When you’re in love, the world stops turning. That’s when you know it’s true, you have to be willing to give, be patient and supportive of the person you love. Compromise is a good thing, not a bad thing.
48. It’s never easy to leave your comfort zone, but if you want to make it work, you have to stop letting fear hold you back. It’s what you do when nobody is looking that matters most.
49. Relationships are the most challenging thing in life. You have to struggle, fight and overcome your differences to make it work.
50. Relationships are hard. They take work, commitment and patience, but they are so worth the wait.
51. Relationships are hard, but the rewards are greater than any challenge. Be patient, be kind and remember love is never lost—it’s just hidden.
52. Every relationship has its challenges, but don’t let adversity hold you back. Keep your eyes forward and keep moving forward with them.
53. Sometimes being in a relationship is like being on a high wire. You want to look down and see if you’re going to fall off, but if you do, those wonderful arms are there to catch you.
54. Relationships are hard work, but worth it. A special thanks to my husband for finding the time to help me with this project.
55. Mending a broken relationship is never easy, but it doesn’t have to be hard. Love is patient, love is kind.
56. Life can be so hard sometimes. Like, we get it. It’s tough. But being around the right person makes it easier, at least for me anyway.
57. It can be easy to get caught up in the pressure and stress of our everyday lives, but remember, love is always worth it. Sometimes you have to push someone away to love them more.
58. The mark of a great relationship is when you can say “we” without having to say the word. No matter how you feel right now, I promise it will get better.
59. I think you’re going to get through this. You’re stronger than you think. The hardest thing in the world is to accept an apology when it is true.
60. When your relationship feels like a challenge, remember that it is. Find your strength and love one another through the ups and downs.
61. You can’t choose what other people will think of your relationship, but you can choose how you act in it. Relationships are like buses. You wait for one to show up but then two more show up at the same time.
62. Sometimes when you’re with your partner, you feel like you can’t breathe. It’s suffocating. But then it becomes easy to forget that they’re the ones holding your hand, comforting you and making everything okay.
63. Life is hard. Be kind to yourself, and be patient with others while you wait for the perfect time to fall in love.
64. You’re not alone. You’re not the only one who feels the way you do. And there are people out there who can help and support you through this.
65. We should never pick a fight with someone if we can avoid it. The truth is, we don’t always know what makes them tick and sometimes, we just need to let them be.
66. I think that love is more than sex, more than romance, it’s a way of living. Turning each other on to life. When you’re coming up against a wall together, remember that the last thing we need is to try harder.
67. When two people are on the same journey, they share their troubles and joys, but when one of them is ahead and one behind, they have time to be angry and blame.
When a relationship is challenging, we tend to look for closure or a resolution that satisfies us. However, sometimes “closure” can lead to further disappointment, as we wanted something different than what the other person can offer. Sometimes it’s best to accept the relationship for what it is without attaching any expectations to it.
I hope you have enjoyed these challenging quotes about relationships, please, share and do not hesitate to leave your comment in the comment section.