The concept of destiny is sometimes described as the foreordained future for a higher power’s set of events in motion. It is commonly seen as a predetermined course or fate that cannot be changed and is often used to refer to an individual’s true path or calling in life.
Everyone has a destiny, whether they like it or not. Some people start out with the serendipity of wealth, fame and a lot of luck. Then there are the rest of us who have to create our own destinies. Some people call it fate, others destiny. Our destiny is a culmination of moments in our lives — both big and small — that consistently influence where we end up. And how we get there.
There comes a point in life when you must choose your own destiny because no one else can make this choice for you. The future is never clear, and uncertainty is a part of life. The only thing we know for certain about the future is that it will arrive soon enough. We only have faith that our decisions today will lead us to a better tomorrow. Choosing your own destiny is your chance to make something out of nothing, fight the odds, and pursue the happiness you truly deserve.
Life is a series of choices, old pitfalls or new opportunities. You choose your future according to the path you take now; the “you” you choose determines your destiny, not the one who lived before. See these motivating, choose your own destiny quotes to learn more about how destiny works.
Choose Your Own Destiny Quotes
Life is a journey. It’s not a guided tour. We set our own destinations, and even then, we still determine what’s around the next corner. We often find ourselves in situations that leave us feeling wistful for one simple reason: we didn’t choose our own destiny. Whenever we make decisions, we are simply choosing our own destiny.
1. You choose your own destiny. You can leave where people tell you to be. You can make the move you want, not what other people want you to be.
2. Choose your own destiny, not someone else’s. Life may give you something to wear, but you’re the one who gets to style it.
3. Choose your own destiny. Don’t let others tell you what to do and what is right. They can’t know your heart and soul as you can.
4. We all face decisions that can change our lives forever. Consciously or unconsciously, these decisions reveal who we are and shape our destiny.
5. You can create your future by choosing your destiny—the one you want.
6. Choose your own destiny. Be pushed into action immediately. Choose it on your own and make it work for you.
7. It’s up to you to choose your own destiny. Today, tomorrow and for the days to come.
8. Choose your own destiny. Make the most out of a bad situation, and be happy with your life.
9. Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice, and you must choose your destiny.
10. Our choices lead us to our own destiny.
11. You can change your own destiny. Choose it wisely.
12. You’re born with a set of circumstances. Use that to choose your own destiny.
13. You have to get creative with life because you can’t just sit there waiting for life to happen to you. You have to go out and choose your own destiny.
14. Choose your own destiny. The future is yours to create. Choose a path that you are passionate about and believe in.
15. Choose your own destiny. Don’t let anyone else decide for you.
16. Choose your own destiny, not someone else’s.
17. You should be most grateful that you’ve got to choose your own destiny.
18. Live life on your own terms; choose your own destiny.
19. You are the architect of your destiny. You can design it with your loved ones, alone or on your own. Whatever you choose, you’ll see a better world in the future.
20. Choose your own destiny; the future is yours to write.
21. Choose your own destiny. You are responsible for who you become, not what’s outside of you.
22. If you can dream it, you can do it. What are your dreams? Make them come true by choosing your own destiny.
23. Choose your own destiny. The only limit is what you think you can do.
24. Choose your own destiny, create your own life, do what you want to do, and make it happen.
25. Your life is a journey; choose your own destiny.
26. Choosing your own destiny is the greatest adventure of all.
27. You choose what your own destiny looks like and how you spend your time. Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t make it happen.
28. You are the creator of your life. You can choose to be happy or not. Choose your own destiny wisely!
29. Choose your own destiny. You are a unique person, and you have the power to make your own choices.
30. There is no such thing as fixed destiny; it’s all up to you. And now I’m gonna say this again: choose your own destiny.
31. Part of life is about choice, including our destiny
32. Our own destiny is in our hands. Choose your own destiny and never look back.
33. In a world of uncertainty, you should always be choosing your own destiny.
34. The best way to choose your own destiny is to understand that you are already free.
35. You make your own destiny by choosing who you want to be, how you want to live and what to believe.
36. Set your own course and take control of your own destiny.
37. It’s your choice. You can choose your own destiny, how you want to live it, and what kind of person you want to be. But once you do that, choose wisely because your life is your responsibility.
38. Your destiny is in your hands. Choose to believe, choose to act, choose to live.
39. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Choose your own destiny wisely.
40. Choose your own destiny. You can’t go wrong with this one.
41. You have the power to choose your own destiny. Take responsibility and thrive in your own skin today!
42. The choices you make today create your future. Choose your own destiny today.
43. The choice of your own destiny you make defines who you are and what your future will be.
44. Choose your own destiny, follow your heart, and live the life you’ve always wanted.
45. Choose your own destiny. Make the most of every moment. Live with intent, and don’t take things for granted. Live with conviction, not fear. Embrace change, not run from it.
46. Choose your own destiny, no matter how hard it seems.
47. If you seek truth, you will find it. If you seek happiness, you will find it. If you choose your own destiny, the plot of your life is in your hands.
48. Don’t let anything stand in your way. Choose your own destiny.
49. Live your life by your own rules. Be the best version of yourself, and always choose your own destiny.
50. To be a leader means choosing your own destiny. Be who you are, and be bold in all that you do.
51. Choose your own destiny, live the life you have dreamed of, and never stop making choices that move you forward.
52. Our lives are the stories we tell about our lives. Choose your own destiny.
53. You choose your own destiny. There is no one else that can do it for you. Do what you love and be the best at it.
54. Don’t wait for a life-changing event to change your destiny. Choose your own path today, and see where it takes you.
55. You can’t always change the world, but you can always change yourself. Choose your own destiny and live life to the fullest!
56. To get the life you deserve, you must choose your own destiny.
57. Your choices determine your destiny. Make them good ones.
58. You will be satisfied in the future. You have created it yourself with your thoughts and actions.
59. To choose your own destiny doesn’t mean you have to go halfway around the world to do it. It means being willing to go the distance in what little space you have.
60. Every moment is a chance to choose your own destiny.
61. You choose your own destiny. Don’t wait for opportunities to fall into your lap, if you want something in life you must go and get it. If you want to be successful, then start now!
62. Don’t wait for a sign or a dream to tell you what your destiny is. You write it yourself everyday, every decision, every action. Choose your own destiny!
63. You can’t control the tides of change, but you can choose to go with the flow and choose your own destiny.
64. Don’t let anyone tell you who you are and what your destiny is. You can choose your own destiny.
65. Who says you can’t choose your own destiny? It’s all up to you now.
66. Never lose sight of the fact that you choose your own destiny. You can’t rely on other people to get you where you want to go. You have to take control and be proactive in making your dreams come true.
67. Don’t wait for someone to take your hand. Take it yourself, because you are the only one who can choose your own destiny.
68. Your best work is always ahead of you. You can only control what you have right now; the rest is out of your hands.
Clearly, the choice is yours; you may choose to take those actions which will move you forward in the direction of your dreams and aspirations, or you may choose to let others do it for you. Either way, the outcome will be up to you—and as such, it is up to you to decide which road you wish to travel and how long you wish to travel down it.