Every woman is different, but one thing that’s much the same is the incredible amount of strength it takes for a woman to bring a new life into the world. When a woman is in the throws of labour and delivery, it’s hard to imagine that she would need any words of encouragement. But words can have a powerful effect on many people — especially on a woman undergoing labour pains.
A woman in labour deserves encouraging and positive words from her partner. The worst part of being in labour is the feeling of being alone. She will feel like she is dying, and no one understands the pain she is going through. She desires to know that she is loved and supported at such moments.
Ultimately, it will be worth all the pain because the moment she holds her baby in her arms will be one of the most rewarding experiences she will ever have. Words are powerful; they can make one smile, cry or feel better when it is what they need to hear.
Here are some quotes on encouraging words for a woman in labour.
Encouraging Words for a Woman in Labour
The process of labour is a thrilling experience. Your body will undergo major changes to allow your baby to enter this world, and you will experience a huge change in your body’s appearance. But remember, you are strong and more capable than you know. Take deep breaths, be encouraged and know that you are strong enough to endure to the end.
1. As much as the pain of labour will be tough to bear, you’ll get through it. Our bodies are made to do this – yours especially so. Don’t forget that another little soul is on its way, and you are giving it a safe place to grow and develop until it is ready to enter the world. Show your great strength by being courageous and brave, like all mothers before you were when they had their first child.
2. When you’re in labour pains and exhausted, it’s hard to be positive. I want you to realize that it’s natural and normal for a mother to feel these pains, but she must keep pushing through them because there will be a reward. There is no better feeling than holding your newborn baby for the first time!
3. Something new is about to happen. Something you’ve been waiting for, something you were made for. You’re almost there soon; you will hold your baby in your arms. I want you to know that you’re incredible, strong, powerful and beautiful.
4. The baby will come when he is ready. Don’t feel like you need to push or strain too hard. The more comfortable both you and your baby are at this point, the happier everyone will be later on. Take a deep breath, relax and let your body do what comes naturally.
5. Don’t let the labour pain get to you. You are strong, and your body is designed to help you through this process. The more relaxed you are, the easier it is for your body to do what it needs to do. Relax, breathe deeply and experience this moment in your life.
6. You are one step closer to the end of your journey. Each contraction, each kick and push brings you closer to your goal and meeting your little one. As you work through your labour, remember that no matter the pain, it will be worth it!
7. You’re doing great! Hang in there. Every contraction gets you closer to the end, and everyone is rooting for you. Trust your body, trust your instincts and know that you are strong enough to birth a healthy child.
8. Labour is the most natural thing in the world. It may be painful and exhausting, but remember that thousands of women have done this before you, and thousands more will do it after!
9. It’s an honour and a blessing to be able to bring life into this world. Labour is incredibly powerful, choose to see it as such, and you will emerge victorious on the other side.
10. At this moment, the last thing you want to hear is that you’re doing a good job. But the truth is, you are. You are strong and brave. And the most courageous women make the best moms!
11. You may be in labour, but don’t panic. You are strong and capable of anything! The pain you are in right now is only going to get worse. But the reward will be unspeakable, so just push through it.
12. A woman’s body is designed to give birth naturally. But sometimes labour can be hard and painful, so it’s good to remind yourself that you are strong, capable and brave. Love yourself, trust your body and be confident in your decisions.
13. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are loved and supported. This is the time you get to bring this baby into the world, and it will be the best moment of your life.
14. As you go through the difficult labour process, remember the strength within you. Be strong, be brave and believe in yourself.
15. You are strong. You have the power to make your body do what’s needed, and you are more than capable of giving birth. You can do this.
16. You will be a mom before you know it; you’re doing great, so stay strong.
17. When the pain is really bad, and the contractions are coming fast and furious, staying focused on your baby matters most.
18. It takes a lot of courage and strength to undergo this experience. We are here to support you through it all the way.
19. The pain of giving birth is nothing compared to the joy that it will bring.
20. I’ve always admired your courage, and now, more than ever, I am in awe of your strength. I think you will be an amazing mother, even though you don’t know what you’re doing.
21. Your baby is a gift from God, and you are the vessel that brings that gift into this world. You are doing everything right. When the pains get much, just grit your teeth and push through it.
22. I know you can do it. Stay focused on birthing your baby and not what the pain feels like. Keep thinking about your baby.
23. You are strong and have already gone through the pregnancy process; you can handle this. You can push through and become an overcomer.
24. Be brave and strong, and tell yourself that you’re doing this for your baby. Remember what you’ve been through to get here and the joy ahead. You’ve got this.
25. You can do it. You’re strong enough to handle this, and the pain will be worth it.
26. Trust your body to do what it does best. Breathe, relax and let the power of your mind work with the power of nature. Your strength and determination are all that matter now.
27. Pregnancy is one of the most magical, beautiful experiences. It’s also one of the hardest things you will ever do. Thank you for choosing to be brave, strong and courageous as you go through this beautiful labour experience.
28. As you endure the pain and challenge of childbirth, keep your goals in mind. Focus on what this child will bring to your life and your family. This will enable you to experience joy instead of pain.
29. You are strong. You are able. You are powerful. Your strength makes the difference between a difficult birth and a successful one.
30. You can do this; you’re strong. Don’t ever forget that.
31. To all my sisters who are about to have their first child, Here’s wishing you labour that is calm and peaceful. And when you’re feeling tired or in pain, just remember why you’re doing this; it will give you the strength to keep going.
32. To every woman fighting for her life and her child’s life, you are strong! No one can give you this strength. It comes from within and from knowing that your strength is enough no matter what challenge you endure or are called to endure. And it always will be.
33. One day, you can tell everyone about the day you gave birth. Just keep on breathing and taking deep breaths; that’s all it takes. There is nothing to fear. You will not lose yourself, but you will gain a new person in your life.
34. Don’t you dare give up. Push past the pain, and your child will be here soon.
35. You are strong, and you can do this. You’re a warrior and will do whatever it takes to give birth to your baby.
36. You might feel like giving up, but don’t. The pain is temporary. Crying will help you release the stress and tension in your body. Your baby will soon be in your arms.
37. The challenges and the pain are worth it. You’re doing this for something bigger than yourself. Be strong.
38. It’s time for you to be strong and begin this new chapter of your life. It’s okay to feel every emotion, it means you’re human and honest. You can do it; you are brave, and you are capable. All will be well.
39. Be strong, my love. You have come so far. Push that little one out, and know that there is an angel who has been waiting for you to arrive in her life.
40. You are stronger than you think. You can do this; I believe in you. When the pain is too much, remember you are giving life.
41. When you feel like giving up, remember; you are in the best place to become a real woman. It’s the best thing you’ll ever do.
42. You’re beautiful, you’re strong, and you’re so brave. Stay strong, mama!
43. You are strong, powerful and brave. You have the power to birth this baby. You are nothing short of amazing!
44. You are stronger than you think. Trust in yourself; you are doing amazing, and you are so brave.
45. A woman in labour is a woman who has courage. Be brave, sister.
46. You are strong. You can do this, my darling daughter.
47. You are strong and powerful; you are carrying a human being inside you. Your body knows what to do and will do it beautifully. Be calm and focus on the positive; I believe in you!
48. Now that your day of giving birth has arrived, your strength and perseverance will serve you well. The pain will start to ease as your baby makes his way into the world.
49. Labour is hard but also an incredible and wonderful experience. You are strong and brave, and you can do this!
50. All you have to do is breathe, and the moment you feel like you can’t anymore, just remember how much you love your child.
I am surely using the words in these beautiful encouraging words for woman in labour would encourage every woman to be strong and fight through the pain of labour. And they help her realize that she is more than capable of birthing her baby.