At some point in life, we all want to ask this question. “I feel so sad and lonely right now. What should I do?” Feeling sad and lonely is the reality for a lot of people. At first, you don’t realize how bad it makes you feel. You keep telling yourself that everything will be all right eventually. Then one day, you let your feelings take over and explode.
Truly, many things make us feel sad and lonely. Maybe you’re feeling down because life is tough and you feel like no one understands you, or maybe you’re facing a hard time in your personal or professional life. Either way, it can be hard to effectively pull yourself out of that all-consuming sadness and loneliness.
Sometimes you need some inspiration or motivation. There are times after certain events, like breakups, when all you want to do is throw the sheets over your head and never leave your room again. I’ve been there before. It’s very dark and lonely. There are also times when you need family and friends around you because you’re feeling angry, frustrated and alone.
Here, I have collected the best feeling so sad and lonely quotes to help you during these hard times and how to overcome the feeling and see the brighter side of life.
Feeling so Sad and Lonely Quotes
You may be feeling sad and lonely because things are not going the way you want them, or things just didn’t go your way. It’s normal, and almost every fulfilled person has gone through the same. Brace yourself for hope and see the brighter side of things. There’s light right after this dark tunnel.
1. When you feel sad and lonely, remember that it’s okay to be sad and lonely. Hug someone, watch a movie or take a walk in the park. You are never alone.
2. Many times in the journey of life, you will feel sad and lonely. It’s okay to reach out to others. They don’t expect you to be perfect at first—just human.
3. When you’ll feel sad or lonely, think of the ones that make you smile. Think about the beautiful things in your life and let their memories keep you company.
4. There is no shame in wanting a friend to share your ups and downs with. It’s only natural to feel alone sometimes, especially when your life is going through a significant change.
5. It is very important to know that there are people out there who will be willing to listen, care and support you in whatever mood you’re in. Whenever you’re sad and alone, go enjoy the company of friends.
6. When you feel sad and alone, remind yourself that there’s always someone who feels the same way. It’s just a feeling, and it would pass.
7. When you’re feeling lonely, remember that feeling alone will never last forever. There are always other people out there for you—sometimes right in front of you.
8. Everyone experiences loneliness. It’s what makes us human. So don’t be afraid to reach out to others when you need a little company.
9. When you feel sad and ready to give up, always remember that there are a million reasons to keep going: friends, family, work. You’re not alone—and you never have to be.
10. When you’re feeling down, remember that you are an important part of this world. You are a beautiful and amazing human being!
11. When you feel like the world is against you, remember it’s not. Always remember that there are people who love and care about you, even if they’re not right next to you.
12. Friends are the sunshine of the soul—they give us happiness and cheer when skies are cloudy. When you’re sad, reach out to them.
13. No matter how bad things may get, there’s always a silver lining. Don’t let the cloud of sadness and loneliness cover your eyes from seeing the beautiful sunshine at the corner.
14. When you think about being alone and feeling sad: Don’t. Reach out to someone who cares.
15. When you’re sad and feeling alone, reach out to someone—even if it’s just to send a smiley face. You don’t have to pass through it all by yourself.
16. When you’re feeling down and lonely, it’s okay to feel sad. But remember, you aren’t alone. There are always people there for you to help lift your spirits and support you through tough times.
17. I don’t know about you, but I sometimes have days when I feel lonely or sad. It’s easy to lose sight of the positive things in life and focus on the negative. But what does the Bible say about this?
18. Don’t be afraid to reach out and connect with others. Just remember that there’s always someone else in the world who understands what you’re going through.
19. Life is full of ups and downs. Never forget to stay inspired and confident with other people’s stories of victory.
20. When you feel like things are getting rough, it’s time to act. When you feel like a stranger in your own life, it’s time to take control. When you feel like life doesn’t make sense anymore, it’s time to put the pieces together.
21. There are moments when your life feels like it’s falling apart. But don’t be afraid to share those feelings with someone. That’s where friends can help you through the rough times.
22. When you feel down on your luck, remember that everyone has a story. And even if it doesn’t have a happy ending, it’s still worth sharing.
23. Don’t worry about what other people think. Stay true to yourself and your dreams. You may be alone and sad at some point, but you’d eventually come out with success and victory.
24. When you feel like it’s all dark and hopeless, remember these words: tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
25. There are times when you’re sad, and you feel like there’s no hope. Remind yourself to persevere. It’s all part of the success story.
26. When the raindrops start falling, and you feel like you can’t see through the clouds, remember that it won’t rain forever. The clouds will soon be clear.
27. When you feel alone, remember there are people out there who care about you. Don’t wallow in your sadness. Enjoy the bliss of friendship.
28. When things seem bad, remember that every day is a new beginning, and every hour is a fresh new start. Let go of the hurts and start afresh.
29. When everything goes wrong, it’s easy to lose hope. But take a look around. Things could always be worse.”
30. Remember that life does get better. It’s just a matter of perspective. We are all in the same boat. Put off the garment of sadness and loneliness and embrace the fullness of life’s happiness.
31. Sadness is a journey, not a destination. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone new.
32. Sometimes, our worst fears are only a rumour. Other times they’re real, and they can hurt us. But we can choose whether we let that happen by staying focused on what makes us happy or letting the fear win.
33. Remember to never give up on yourself, even when you don’t feel like it. You are stronger than your mind’s doubts and fears. You’re the best.
34. Always keep a smile on your face and remember that life is better when you make it that way. Sadness shouldn’t override your happiness.
35. When you feel sad and lonely, remember that there are people around who care. People who want the best for you, just reach out to them and heal in the refreshing atmosphere.
36. The best thing to do when you’re feeling sad and lonely is to surround yourself with people who make you happy.
37. When you feel sad or lonely, don’t worry about it. You’re not alone. There are a lot of people who have gone through the same challenges you’re facing, and they could be your best friends too!
38. When you feel sad and lonely, remember that you never have to be alone for long. Say hello to people who matter to you and ask them how they are doing
39. When you feel lonely, it’s okay to admit that. And then it’s okay to ask for help. It’s never too late to reach out or start over.
40. You do not have to be sad all by yourself. It is okay to let your feelings out and talk about them without hurting yourself. Don’t box it up. Speak to trusted friends. They love you.
41. I’m not saying I won’t be sad sometimes, but when it happens, I have to embrace the feeling rather than run from it. Be mindful of your thoughts and feelings, and study them to figure out their source. Then do something about it!
42. I don’t want to be sad anymore. I don’t want to be anything that I’m not doing something about it.
43. Whether you’re having a hard time or are just feeling down, it’s okay to feel sad. But life is meant to be lived. Don’t let your feelings take over.
44. When you feel like you want to give up, remember that you are a work of art. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you are less than perfect, and never look down on yourself. Keep on keeping on.
45. When you feel like you’re on the outside looking in, remind yourself that you are never truly alone. Find things you love and let them keep you company and take your heart away from the hurts and pains.
46. When things are going well, we can treat them like a party. When times are tough, we should look inward to find out what is bothering us.
47. We all feel alone sometimes, but there’s always someone who cares for you and loves you. Let them into your life and enjoy the warmth of the embrace.
48. I’ve discovered that the best way to get over feeling sad is to turn your sadness into a positive emotion.
49. You’re not alone. And you’re not sad. Just take a deep breath, get back on track and leave the baggage at home
50. Sometimes, you just need to move on from a relationship or a friendship, and that’s okay too. Don’t be afraid of the feeling. It’s normal to want to feel better about things that happened, and it may just take time to heal.
You’re not alone. There are millions of people out there feeling the same way you do. Like you, they may not know why or how, but just like you, they’re working hard to move on and start feeling better.
The feeling so sad and lonely quotes above will help you get calm and strength in your downtime. Feel free to share and leave your comments below.