Hiking is a favourite pastime for many people, but what about when the weather is acting badly? You’re not going to let a little bit of rain get in the way, or are you? Hiking in the rain can be an extremely enjoyable experience that allows you to bond with your friends and family and it doesn’t tend to be boring at all.
While most people would prefer to be outside when it’s sunny, some people like the challenge of taking on Mother Nature. Hiking in the rain is not only a great way to get outside, but also to test your abilities against nature. It’s a chance to be more creative with your photography and explore different trails. Even though it might make you wet, hiking in the rain has many benefits – and it’s worth braving the weather for.
There’s something extremely calming and enjoyable in the semi-tranquil state of mind one experiences while walking in the rain. The strong smell of nature and greenery covers up the unpleasant smell of wet shoes, socks and other apparel. Below is a collection of hiking in the rain quotes that will make it a very rewarding activity for you.
Hiking in the Rain Quotes
There is no better time than the present to hike in the rain. It’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey and sometimes the most beautiful things are found in the messiest places. Hiking in the rain is one of those things that you just have to do.
1. Hiking in the rain is especially wonderful when it’s accompanied by the sound of thunder.
2. It’s the best kind of rain. The kind that makes you want to get outside and hike like there’s no tomorrow.
3. When the weather is bad, you feel like there’s a giant wall in front of you. But when it’s good, there are no limits to what you can climb and explore.
4. You don’t have to be a strong person to hike in the rain, you just have to know how to walk against it.
5. Hiking in the rain makes you feel like a kid again, who doesn’t need to be told not to get wet.
6. When it rains and you’re on a hike, just remember that the cold is temporary and the sunshine will come
7. The power of a sunny day in the mountains is nothing compared to the beauty and strength found in the rain.
8. Hiking in the rain is one heck of an experience. It’s the kind of thing where you have to be there to understand it.
9. Rainy day hikes are the best way to experience nature, especially when you’re surrounded by great views.
10. Rain does not necessarily have to stop us from enjoying a great hike. Sometimes, it is just a bonus!
11. The best hiking is in the rain. It’s a chance to let thoughts drift, and make new memories of places you’ve only imagined.
12. There is nothing like the feeling of being outside in the rain with nothing but your boots and a waterproof jacket.
13. Rain or shine, hiking in the rain is a great way to spend some time outdoors and stay active.
14. Hiking in the rain is like taking a drive through a rainforest—there’s an excitement to it that you won’t find anyplace else.
15. Even the most experienced hikers can get wet and muddy. But if you’re fully prepared, hiking in the rain can be an absolute delight.
16. Rain can be a very good thing for hiking, as it keeps you in shape and motivated.
17. The best way to enjoy the outdoors when it rains is by getting out and having fun!
18. Hiking in the rain can be a lot of fun. Rainy days make you think about your life and what’s important to you. You get to see things differently, appreciate nature more and love the weather.
19. Hiking in the rain is not for wimps. It’s for people who love to sweat, smile and feel the power of Mother Nature.
20. Hiking in the rain isn’t for everyone, but it’s a skill worth learning. It’s something I’ve often needed and can be used to your advantage. Just remember to stay hydrated and don’t push yourself too hard.
21. A downpour is the best kind of weather to clear your head. Give yourself a break from the coffee shop and hit the trails.
22. It’s all about the adventure – and the challenge. Rain or shine, hiking in the rain is an experience you won’t soon forget.
23. Hiking in the rain can be a unique experience, but you have to be prepared for the weather.
24. No matter what the weather, you can always count on hiking in the rain to give you that adventure feeling.
25. Rain or shine, we’re out there. A hike in the rain is a better adventure than a walk in the park when you think about it.
26. When you’re hiking in the rain, you never know when a rainbow will come your way.
27. Although hiking in the rain can be a bit miserable, it certainly adds to the experience. Those soaking wet trails make for some of the best memories ever.
28. When you’re out in the woods, it’s hard to tell if it will rain or not. But when you’re hiking and something happens, you can always rely on the weather app on your phone to find out.
29. Hiking in the rain is a great workout, you can get lost in nature, and the rain never lasts long.
30. Hiking in the rain can be a perilous experience, but it’s also an excellent time to appreciate the beauty of nature.
31. Hiking in the rain is more than just a way to get a little wet and muddy. It’s a chance to take on new challenges, learn something new, and of course—get closer to nature.
32. We don’t just hike in the rain. We embrace it. The challenge of finding shelter and sheltering ourselves from the elements, but also embracing nature’s beauty as if it were our own.
33. When it’s raining and you’re feeling adventurous, go out and hike. It’ll be worth it.
34. Rain never bothered me. I’d rather hike in the rain than enjoy an umbrella when I’m out with friends.
35. Rainy days are the best days because they make us think about all the ways we can get out of the house, no matter how wet and gross.
36. Rainy days are the best days to hike. There’s something about hiking in the rain that makes it feel like you’re on top of the world.
37. Hiking in the rain? Yes. It’s the best time to explore and see what you’ve been missing.
38. Hiking in the rain is an adventure. It’s like exploring a new world: cloaked in mist, with the sky hidden and dark. I’m lucky that I can appreciate that part of nature because I get to see it so infrequently.
39. Rain or shine, we’re out there. Early in the morning or late at night—it doesn’t matter. We’re going hiking!
40. The best part about hiking in the rain is that there’s no excuse to not do it. Get out, get wet, and embrace the adventure.
41. Hiking in the rain is one of those things that you never want to do, but once you’re out there, it’s hard not to appreciate just how beautiful and refreshing it is.
42. There’s something exhilarating about getting soaked in the rain—you feel alive, you’re productive, and your senses are heightened to their utmost.
43. Hiking when it rains is a lot more fun than hiking in the rain, but you still have to be careful not to slip and fall on a slippery trail.
44. If you’re going to hike in the rain, don’t let it stop you. It’s part of the experience.
45. When it’s raining, it’s a different hike. You get wet. You feel alive. You smell like fresh air. And the views are so much better when the sun is gone.
46. Waterproof boots, rainproof gear and a little extra motivation are all you need to tackle your next hike.
47. Let the rain pour down, and push yourself beyond your comfort zone. That’s what hiking is all about.
48. Rain or shine, we hike the mountains. Rain or shine, we’re out there climbing and exploring. Good vibes all around.
49. Hiking in the rain is the best way to feel refreshed and pampered. You’ll be able to fully appreciate the feeling of being outdoors and clearing your head of all thoughts.
50. There’s nothing quite like hiking in the rain. As long as you don’t mind getting wet, the benefits are endless.
51. The rain has finally stopped and we’re out with the family enjoying a hike through the forest. What a nice way to end an overcast day.
52. Tossing aside your umbrella and putting on a rain jacket is one of the best excuses to get outside when it’s raining.
53. Rain is just another form of mist. It’s refreshing and makes us appreciate the view all the more.
54. The best way to get out of your comfort zone is to try something new, so consider hiking in the rain.
55. Rain or shine, there’s nothing like hiking in the rain (and it doesn’t matter if you get wet). You can’t bring a flashlight and your phone will blow up from all the moisture, but that just makes it more exciting.
56. Rain makes trails a little more treacherous but also more fun. The challenge of hiking in the rain is part of the appeal.
57. It’s a whole new world when it rains. And in case you forgot, hiking is better with friends.
58. Rain or shine—you’re never more at your best when you get outside and hike.
59. There’s nothing more satisfying than conquering a challenge and seeing the view that’s right in front of you when it’s raining.
60. Hiking in the rain may seem like a bad idea, but it can be a great time to take in nature.
61. It’s raining, and you’re probably going to be miserable if you stay inside. Go hike. It’s fun, and there are a million cool things to look at when the rain lets up.
62. No matter how much of a wuss you are, there’s no better feeling than hiking through the rain.
63. Rain and mud don’t mix, but if you’re up for a challenge, the best part of hiking is getting wet.
64. Hiking in the rain provides a unique opportunity to experience the environment differently.
65. One great thing about hiking in the rain is that it makes you appreciate the views even more. It also forces you to slow down and focus on what’s around you, not just your destination.
66. Rainsuits protect you from the elements, but you can still enjoy the thrill of hiking in the rain.
67. Not only is hiking in the rain extremely refreshing and fun, but it’s also an excellent way to build up your confidence. Hiking through rainy conditions is a great way to expand your comfort zone and be adventurous on the trail.
68. A day hike in the rain can be refreshing and exhilarating. Some preparation is needed to keep your feet dry and comfortable, but with the right gear and attitude, heading out in bad weather can be a surprisingly enjoyable experience.
69. Whether you’re looking for a short hike or a full-day adventure, the rain won’t deter your drive to explore.
70. It’s the little things in life that make the biggest difference. Especially when you’re hiking in the rain.
71. The best thing about hiking in the rain is that it’s never too cold or too hot, or even slippery. It’s the exact opposite—except for one thing: the view.
72. Hikes don’t always have to be dry and warm. Sometimes they are a nice change of pace, can be fun with friends or family, and help burn off some extra calories.
73. Hiking doesn’t always have to be warm and sunny. There’s something about getting out into the elements that makes it all more exciting.
74. When you’re hiking in the rain, the only thing that matters is getting to your destination.
75. Hike is an adventure in and of itself, but when you hike in the rain it’s a whole new level of fun.
76. When you’re out on a hike in the rain, there are no rules. You don’t have to listen to anyone and you don’t have to look at anyone either. Just enjoy the nature that surrounds you and make your way down the trail.
77. If you’re one of those people who like to get out in the rain and enjoy the crisp fresh air, then hiking in the rain is for you!
78. Hiking in the rain is an adventure. It’s also a good idea to have rain gear with you just in case.
79. Rain or shine, you can always hike in the rain if you have a map and hiking shoes. So pack some gear and come on out!
80. The rain can be exhilarating and inspiring. The earthy smell of growth, the feeling of the mud under your feet, and the sight of fog-shrouded trees are all part of what draws us to hiking in the rain.
81. The best part of hiking in the rain is the amazing feeling of soaking up the scenery and being cosy in a backpack.
82. There’s no better time to hit the trail than when it’s pouring. Get out there and explore!
83. Rain doesn’t stand a chance when you’re on the trail. It’s time for you to get out and hike!
84. Rain or shine, you’ll get a workout on this hike up the mountain. And if it rains, that’s a good thing. You won’t be struggling to keep your footing or keeping an eye out for slippery rocks as you walk along.
85. You don’t have to be a seasoned hiker to enjoy the rewards of hiking in the rain – it’s an experience that’s meant to be shared.
86. From the misty mountain trails to the drizzly beach, hiking in the rain can be a refreshing experience.
87. Hiking in the rain puts you in tune with nature. This is a great way to get outside and exercise in the rainy season.
88. Rain or shine, hiking in the rain is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.
89. Hiking in the rain is something a little bit different – it’s more of an adventure, and you have to embrace it.
90. Rain is the best time to hike because it makes everything look prettier and more colourful.
91. Hiking in the rain is like doing a puzzle. You’ve got to know how to look at it and how to fit in pieces that fit together.
92. Hiking in the rain is glorious, and even better when you’re hanging out with your new best friend.
93. The rain is falling down. Time to put on your hiking shoes, grab your umbrella and get out there.
94. The rain doesn’t stop us from getting out and enjoying nature. If it’s wet outside, we’ll be just as happy on a sunny day at the playground. But remember: rain gear is always a good idea when hiking in the rain.
95. If you get caught on a hike during the rain, it doesn’t mean you aren’t an adventurer. It just means that you had better be prepared for your risk-taking quest to be treated to some of Mother Nature’s finest handiwork.
96. Hiking in the rain is more than a challenge, it’s an adventure. Take advantage of the wet conditions and come out for a hike.
97. If you’re looking for an adventure and the weather isn’t cooperating, there’s nothing quite like hiking in rain.
98. Rain, hail and snow…hiking in all of it is the best. Nothing like feeling the cool mountain air on your face as you navigate through a dense forest stalked by wild beasts.
99. Get outside and hike during the rain. It’s the best kind of adventure to experience.
100. Hiking in the rain may sound like a nightmare, but it’s one of the best things you can do in a storm.
101. Rain or shine, always bring your rain jacket. Hiking in the rain is the best way to get that day off to a good start and recharge your batteries when you’re done.
102. When the sun is shining, it’s easy to forget the rain. But when you’re hiking in the rain, you can’t help but feel more alive.
103. Hiking through the rain can be challenging, but it’s also one of the most rewarding parts of the experience.
104. Rain or shine, you’ve got to get outside. All the more reason to take advantage of the weather today—hike, bike or run in the rain.
I hope you found the inspiration to go hiking in the rain after going through the collection of hiking in the rain quotes. I also hope that you enjoy it. Please share the post with others. Thank you.