When you are living a life that matters, it doesn’t mean living without fear, uncertainty and discomfort. It’s rather about being able to make space for tears if you need them and love wholeheartedly if that’s what makes you feel alive. Tapping into this mindset can help us nurture our souls and strike a healthy balance between duty and guilt.
Living a life that matters isn’t always easy. It’s full of challenges and temptation, but it’s well worth the effort. When we look at the most cherished figures in history, almost every single one of them has overcome incredible odds to reach the positions they have today.
Looking for living a life that matters quotes to help guide you towards a more compassionate, loving way of being in the world? Read through these inspirational quotes on living a life that matters.
Living a Life That Matters Quotes
Open your heart and allow yourself to love and be loved. Being selfless and putting others ahead of yourself in the act of compassion and self-sacrifice can be challenging. Live a life that matters.
1. Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident. It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
2. Your life does matter. Don’t ever believe you’re not enough because you are—your life matters to more people than you may ever know.
3. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement.
4. If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day, you have the opportunity to write a new page.
5. I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life. I choose to live a life that matters.
6. Be the reason someone smiles today by living a life that matters.
7. You need to be strong but not a bully. You need to defend yourself and your principles, but never by hurting others. You need courage for what is right, even if you stand alone. You need to live a life that matters.
8. It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice. Live a life that matters.
9. You have a purpose, you are unique, you are needed.
10. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. Suppose you want to be happy, practice compassion.
11. Live a life that matters. Inspire others. Leave a legacy.
12. To live a life that matters, we have to act as if what we do matters.
13. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
14. The best way to make a difference in the world is to start by making a difference in your own life.
15. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
16. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.
17. The key to happiness has dreams. The key to success is making your dreams come true. Live a life that matters.
18. Life is like a camera; focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot. Live a life that matters.
19. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
20. If you have an opportunity to make things better and you don’t, then you are wasting your time on earth. Live a life that matters.
21. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why, so live a life that matters.
22. Live a life that matters. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
23. Live a life that matters, even though the uncertainty of these times.
24. Many people live a life that matters to them; the only problem is it’s not their own.
25. Life is about living with purpose and making a difference in the world. If you’re not doing that, then you’re missing out on the best part of life.
26. The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
27. I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
28. Life as a whole isn’t as glamorous or frightening as the stories we tell ourselves. Let’s learn to live a life that matters.
29. Life isn’t about having; it’s about being. You could surround yourself with all that money can buy, and you’d still be as miserable as a human can be.
30. Be the reason someone smiles today. Live a life that matters.
31. It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power. Live a life that matters.
32. We are not responsible for what people think about us, but we are responsible for what we give them to think about. Let’s endeavour to live a life that matters.
33. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. Live a life that matters.
34. The difference between a rich person and a poor person is how they use their time. Live a life that matters.
35. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Live a life that matters.
36. Live a life that matters. Make a difference in someone’s life each and every day.
37. Don’t settle for a life that matters to them. Reject anything less than a life that matters to you.
38. I want to be remembered as someone who inspired change, someone who made a difference. I want the world to be a little better because I was here—a life that matters.
39. At the end of life, our questions are very simple; Did I live fully? Did I love well? Live a life that matters.
40. So many things change the way you live your life. You have to be inspired in order to really make a difference.
41. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
42. The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
43. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
44. It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary. Make sure you live a life that matters.
45. Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.
46. If you have time to whine and complain about something, then you have the time to do something about it.
47. Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well. Live a life that matters.
48. Live a life that matters. Rise up and make a difference in the world.
49. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
50. Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
51. There is no passion for being found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
52. The truth is, you are enough. The world does not need another photo, another video, another post. You are enough in your raw and real form. There’s so much beauty in being yourself and letting go of the charade.
53. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself and living a life that matters while at it.
54. Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
55. Life’s not about how hard of a hit you can give; it’s about how many you can take and still keep moving forward.
56. You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.
57. There are three ingredients in the good life; learning, earning, and yearning.
58. If you want to live a life that matters, then you need to start with the right intentions.
59. Your life’s purpose is to live a life of passion and purpose and, in the process, become a person who matters.
60. Life isn’t about getting and having; it’s about giving and being.
61. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Live a life that matters.
62. Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, for as long as ever you can.
63. Life has no meaning unless one lives it with a will, at least to the limit of one’s will.
64. You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
65. You’re a person who makes a difference in the lives of others, and you accomplish great things with the talents you’ve been given. You make a difference.
66. Nothing in the universe should stop you from letting go and starting over.
67. Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow. Live a life that matters.
68. The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. Live a life that matters.
6o. Sometimes, you have to let go of the life you had planned so that you can have the life that is waiting for you.
70. A life lived without cause is a life without effect. Live a life that matters.
71. Remember that you are getting ready for a life of great responsibility and not just a party.
72. Life is a succession of lessons that must be lived to be understood. Live a life that matters.
73. A dream doesn’t become a reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.
74. Our lives are a sum total of the choices we have made. Choose to live a life that matters.
75. As long as you are alive, it is never too late to be the person you might have been.
76. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you.
77. The true measure of your worth includes all the benefits others have gained from your success.
78. Life is about creating yourself. Make sure that it is you who controls your life and not the other way around.
79. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Live a life that matters.
80. The power of imagination makes us infinite. Live a life that matters. Be the change you wish to see in the world
81. Your life matters. No matter how hard you try to forget yourself, the world won’t let you.
82. It’s not about living forever; it’s about creating something that will.
83. You can spend your life trying to be what other people want you to be, or you can step into the truth of whom you are meant to be.
84. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
85. Dream big, work hard, stay focused and surround yourself with good people. Live a life that matters.
86. The creative and the brave are to be someone’s light when they are unable to see the light. Dare to live a life that matters.
87. A life without cause is a life without effect. Live a life that matters.
88. Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident. It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice. Always choose to live your best life
89. Live a life that matters. Be brave. Be authentic. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
90. If you want to live a life that matters, you have to be willing to take what’s inside of you and put it out into the world.
91. Every new day is another chance to change your life. Every day is another chance to live a life that matters.
92. Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard—practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is no tomorrow.
93. Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
94. A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. Live a life that matters.
95. If you’re doing something that matters to you, then hard work isn’t an option; it’s a necessity. Live a life that matters.
96. Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us, but we can’t strike them all by ourselves.
97. Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss them.
98. Live a life that matters. Live as one who knows they were born for a purpose, for something bigger than yourself. Live as though your every act is written on the heavens for all to see. Live a life that matters.
99. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Live a life that matters.
100. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a passive victim of circumstances, or you can be an active participant in the creation of your life; the choice is yours.
I hope the living a life that matters quotes up there make you see reasons to be and live in love with everyone around you, and also live a happy life.
Kindly drop your comments below, and don’t forget to share with others. Thank you.