Marathoners are a unique group of athletes who have remarkable perseverance, determination and dedication. They’re also determined to cross the finish line no matter what happens along the way.
Many of them are motivated by the idea of personal achievement, setting a goal and then achieving it. Others may be in it for the competition and the camaraderie that comes with running with others.
There are many different reasons why people run marathons. One runner might be focusing on raising money for charity, while another might be doing it for their own personal goals. Whatever your reason may be, here are some motivational quotes for marathon runners you can use for yourself and others to help keep them going when things get tough in a race. Enjoy|
Motivational Quotes for Marathon Runners
Running a marathon is not just a physical challenge, it’s someone a mental one. You have to be brave, strong and determined to complete your goal. In other words, prepare yourself for the extreme mental stress of running a marathon.
1. Run your own race. Always have a target in mind, whether it is the finish line or simply to get to work on time.
2. Running is not about speed. It’s about endurance. Strength doesn’t come from physical capacity, it comes from an unyielding will.
3. You don’t have to find a reason to run—you have to find a reason for running. Run your marathon. And then run some more!
4. You may run the race, but it’s up to you to decide how fast and far you want to go. Continue to run, you will complete this marathon race well.
5. The race is not won until the last runner crosses the finish line. Keep it up.
6. A marathon isn’t a sprint. It’s a journey that takes you on a long, winding road of ups and downs, but you’ll always know you’re on the right track because you can see the finish line in the distance.
7. Runners know how to put their training into perspective. Keep on running. You are stronger than you think. You can do this!
8. Running a marathon is hard, but it doesn’t have to be. You can do it! If you are running a marathon, you are already a winner.
9. When you want to run a marathon, you don’t have to do anything alone. You can do it with the help of others and with God’s help.
10. Marathon running is hard, but it’s more than just a race. It’s a lifestyle. And if you do it right, it becomes your life.
11. There is no such thing as running a race. There are only runners! And you are one of them.
12. You can do anything for the sake of running. But it takes a lot of determination and a little bit of madness to do it.
13. Run like your life depends on it. You can do it. You’re here. Now finish strong.
14. Don’t be afraid to put on your running shoes, head out the door and grab life with both hands.
15. The finish line can’t be reached in a marathon race if you don’t get started. The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. But that’s what makes it interesting.
16. A marathon is not an end-point but a means to an even greater goal. Go run.
17. Winning doesn’t happen overnight. You have to keep on trying, not give up and believe in yourself.
18. If you have the will to win, the will to be brave, and the strength to compete with yourself, then everything is possible.
19. Put one foot in front of the other and you will be amazed at the distance you will travel.
20. Don’t stop till you get there. You can do anything you set your mind to, even if it takes ten hours or two weeks.
21. When you are running and feeling tired, take a moment to remember that at the end of this marathon is a sculpture of runners.
22. When you run a marathon, it’s all in your mind. But the mind can only be trained to think so hard.
23. No matter how many times you’ve run a marathon, you’ll always have something to prove.
24. You are not a marathoner, but you are a runner. Running is the ultimate way to feel good about yourself, and it’s also a great way to meet new people and make memories with old ones.
25. Running a marathon is one of the most rewarding athletic feats you can accomplish. Why? Because it’s a test of your endurance and mental strength – as well as your body’s ability to handle fatigue and pain.
26. It’s not about how long you run, but how strong you feel when you’re finished.
27. Running is all about finding the strength to get back up when you can’t see any daylight.
28. When you’re running with your head down, you’re running with a negative attitude. When you get out of the way, things open up and you’ll find that when you run in the right direction it feels great!
29. You can do it. You will never be too old to chase your dreams. Always keep going!
30. Never give up. Never quit. Always keep going. Just do it. Go out there, be a man and show them what you’re made of.
31. Marathon runners: you will face challenges, but that’s what life is all about. Embrace them and run through them!
32. Marathon runners are just keepers who have the courage to keep running. Don’t give up, no matter how tired you might feel. You will eventually get there!
33. When you run a marathon and see the finish line, remember this: The hardest part is getting started.
34. Marathon running is one of the most rewarding endurance sports because it challenges you to push beyond your limits.
35. There is no finish line. But you can run all day long and still not reach the end of your run. Be inspired by the Marathon Masters who have gone further than they ever thought possible.
36. Marathon training is never easy, but it’s always worth it. Always remember that your training is never over. Don’t get discouraged if you can’t run a certain distance at first. Keep going!
37. Running is a lot like life. The most important thing is to keep on keeping on and never give up.
38. Run every day. Finish what you start. Never give up. Always remember that you are unique and never the same.
39. Running is not about time but about the journey. Find your training pace, train hard and finish strong. We’re all in this together.
40. The Marathon is a race of endurance and perseverance. To finish it well, you need to be strong both mentally and physically.
41. You only have one life to live, so run towards your goals.
42. The difficult part is not running the race; The difficult part is running without resting.
43. Marathon runners are the best at multitasking. They can keep running while reading a book, sending a text and working on their taxes. Prepare yourself for a marathon of your fitness goals with these tips!
44. Running a marathon is not about the distance. It’s about the journey, the growth and the pain. Not all of it will be easy, but it’s always worth it in the end. See you at the finish line!
45. Marathon running isn’t about the finish line, it’s about the journey. Don’t forget that.
46. You need to be inspired by someone else’s strength and determination, so you can run a marathon.
47. The marathon is not a sprint. It’s a lifetime of training to win a marathon race.
48. Some days we feel like we can’t take another step, but marathon training is a daily reminder that we can and will. Every step you take towards your goal is one step closer to your dream.
49. The only race you can’t win is the race you’re running. So, run faster than ever before!
50. It’s your time. Take it. Don’t quit. Keep running! You can do this.
51. Your body is a machine. It needs fuel and the right environment to run at optimal performance. That’s where we come in.
52. What you put your mind to, is what you will get. Finish strong. Finish strong
53. It’s not what you’re up against, it’s what you’re fighting for. Keep running.
54. Don’t be afraid to push yourself, because you’ll never know what’s possible until you try.
55. If you push yourself, the distance becomes shorter. If you don’t try, the distance becomes longer.
56. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a man with one new idea is far ahead of his competitors. Always try something different – be adventurous!
57. Marathon running is not just about the race, but about your journey from training and preparation to race day. Stay strong and keep fighting!
58. When you’re running a marathon, there are no winners, only survivors.
59. You can do anything for as long as you practice, so start training now.
60. Marathon running is not a sprint, but a marathon. There will be moments of joy and pain, and there will be times when you feel like the world is against you. But they will fade away in time because when you run a marathon, the only person that can beat you is yourself.
61. The finish line is not the most important part of a marathon. The journey is what matters most.
62. Running is not a sprint. It’s a marathon. And while it may seem long, you’ve got time to make it worth it.
63. When you hit the wall in your running, don’t give up. That’s exactly when you need to dig down even deeper and push through it.
64. Running is a great way to explore yourself. You’ll find out new things about yourself, and you will get in touch with your own mind and body.
65. Do you run because you want to feel good about yourself, or because it is the only way to set a world record? Go run.
66. Running is a journey, not just a destination. Keep your eyes on the stars and you’ll reach for them.
67. Run your own race. Don’t wait for others to do it for you.
68. A race is not a sprint, but a marathon. You’ve got to take one step at a time and say to yourself, “I can do this.”
69. No matter how many times you fall, get up and try again. Because the only person standing between you and your goal is you.
70. You’re better than what’s being said to you—you have grit and tenacity.
71. If you can do something for 50 years, you must be doing something right.
72. When you think you can’t, believe you can. When others doubt you, don’t. Because first, you have to be convinced that you will succeed. And then, if it comes true, that’s even better!
73. The marathon is not just a race. It’s an opportunity to train, prepare and be with others who understand what you’re going through.
74. You are strong, you are fast, and you are ready. Set your goals and go for them.
75. Runners worldwide are doing their best to increase endurance, strength & speed. They are running for #yourhealth and you can too!
76. Marathon is a race of endurance, not speed. Pace yourself and stay focused on the finish line.
77. A race is won or lost the day you start. So, get out there and do it!
78. Run like you are running towards something. Not away from it.
79. Running is a journey, not a destination. Have courage and keep going further.
80. If you want to win the race, you have to start it. If you don’t start it, someone else will and they’ll beat you to death with a stick.
81. Don’t let your limits define you. Your limits are just obstacles on your path to becoming a better version of yourself, and who you want to be.
82. A race is won by the runner who finishes it, not by the one who starts it.
83. At the moment, it’s all about you. Afterward, it’s about finishing strong.
84. You are not alone in this. You have loved ones and friends who will support you on this journey. Let’s finish strong together!
85. A goal is a dream with a deadline, a dream doesn’t have a deadline.
86. Breaking a record is an accomplishment. Breaking your own record will be something you will be proud of for the rest of your life!
87. Listen to the crowd, listen to yourself – but above all listen to your body.
88. Those who believe in miracles, never say “why.” They go forward and make miracles happen. Make your own miracle by running now.
89. No matter how old you are, how many races you’ve run, or how long it’s been since you ran a marathon, the journey never ends and if you keep at it you’ll get there. All it takes is persistence.
90. The harder you work, the luckier you get. Strength doesn’t come from physical capacity, it comes from an unyielding will.
91. Being a marathoner is not an easy task, but the rewards are well worth it.
92. A marathon is not a sprint. It’s a long, quiet, and steady journey that takes years to complete. But the satisfaction of crossing the finish line will show you what you’re capable of! Run Strong.
93. Marathon running is not a sprint, but it’s not a walk either. It’s the pursuit of excellence in 55,000-plus steps.
94. A marathon is not a sprint. It’s a race against time and distance, but also against your own mind. It doesn’t matter what pace you go as long as you run every step. Keep pushing forward and you will see that you are capable of much more than you think!
95. Join this race, for you will be stronger than you ever thought you could be.
96. The more you run, the more you’ll find that you’re not afraid of anything.
97. A marathon is not a sprint, it’s a long haul. So keep the faith, take it slow and steady and remember there are no shortcuts to becoming a better you.
98. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. You are capable, willing, and stronger than you know. Go for the gold!
99. For every race that gets away, there’s a race you can win.
100. The harder you fight, the greater your victory. Don’t forget to enjoy the moments along the way.
101. If you want to find your dream, start by doing what you think is impossible. You are only limited by your imagination.
102. When life gets tough, remember you aren’t alone. There are people out there who understand. What is your goal? What do you dream of? Don’t let anyone stop you from achieving what you desire. Go for it!
103. You can’t outrun your mind. But you can do a lot to shape it. Run from what scares you. Because running allows you to be brave, strong, and free. Run marathon
104. The runner’s high is real. Here’s what to expect once you cross the finish line of a marathon.
No matter how you approach a marathon, there is always a chance that it will wind up feeling more like a swim across an ocean instead of the race you envisioned. But this must be kept in perspective: taking part in a marathon is an achievement far removed from what most people can endure. With that view, the pain and frustration become a problem to solve—a challenge—which you can overcome through preparation and willpower. In other words, if these runners can do it, then it can be done by anyone.
I hope these motivational quotes for marathon runners have inspired you to keep going and to be the best runner you can be! If these quotes make a difference, please drop a comment in the comment section below. Thanks.