Even though the person who hurt you did so without malice or intent, their actions have caused you pain. Maybe they were irresponsible? Maybe they broke a promise? Or maybe they just didn’t care enough to notice? Maybe it was your spouse? A friend? A family member? Whoever it was, the hurt that resulted from their actions may have you wondering how to move forward from being hurt.
Have you ever been hurt in a relationship? I have. I’ve felt the pain, devastation and disappointment after getting rudely dumped. Getting your toes stepped on is never easy, and it’s even less easy if you’re entering a new relationship. The tricky part is how you move forward when returning from being hurt so bad.
Too often, we look in the wrong direction when we go through hardship. We look at who hurt us, and we end up being stuck repeating the same mistakes. People get hurt, and they need to know that there is still a reason to live and move forward.
Moving forward is hard enough, but it can be even harder when you’ve been stung in the past. That’s why these great quotes about moving forward after being hurt are on this list.
Quotes About Moving Forward After Being Hurt
In this world, you’re bound to be disappointed. So it may help to accept that and move on in the short term, but it doesn’t mean you should forget what went down or forgive and forget. And if you do decide to move forward, make sure you do so with care for your well-being, your mental health, your relationships and your body—because no matter what happened in the past, you deserve to.
1. When you find the courage to move forward after being hurt, it’s a beautiful thing.
2. Moving forward is not necessarily about looking backwards and feeling the pain again. It’s about finding ways to smile again and keep moving forward.
3. I can only move forward after I let go of my pain.
4. It’s easy to be stuck in a cycle of hurt and pain, but the key to moving forward is to take responsibility for your own happiness.
5. Recovering from a heartbreak is not an easy journey, but it’s not impossible.
6. There is no pain that you cannot move through, only your ability to keep moving forward
7. No matter what you’ve been through in life, you can always start over. It’s never too late to live a better life.
8. You can’t keep the sun from shining, but you can move forward with a new attitude.
9. I’ve faced some pretty tough challenges in life, but I’ve always been able to move forward.
10. If we wait for perfection, the moment never comes. We have to keep moving forward, even when it hurts.
11. The truth is, no matter what has happened in the past to make you feel like you can’t succeed, it’s time to move forward.
12. It takes courage to be vulnerable and show the world who you really are.
13. Don’t let anyone — not even yourself — hold you back from your dreams.
14. You have the power to move forward after being hurt. If you have been abused, it doesn’t mean that you will become a victim. You can find the strength to rise above and never give up.
15. Sometimes, the best way to move forward after being hurt is to sit with your pain and acknowledge it, then use it to grow.
16. After being hurt, the saying goes, “you weren’t meant to be hurt. So you were supposed to get up and move forward.”
17. We all go through times when we feel like giving up. The trick is to find the strength within ourselves to move forward after being hurt.
18. I don’t know if we can ever get over the hurt, but I do know that we can move forward.
19. When we get hurt, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just a bump in our road.
20. The worst thing about being hurt is not being able to see the beauty in yourself. You have to remind yourself that you are okay inside, even when others around you aren’t.
21. Move forward without allowing the past to define you. You can’t let a bad experience program your day-to-day life. Always look ahead and be the best person you can possibly be.
22. You’ll move forward when you can do it on your own. When you won’t wait for permission or be told that it’s OK to be good.
23. You can’t get everything you want, but it’s still worthwhile to keep trying.
24. You will always pick yourself back up after a fall.
25. No matter how hard things have been, you can always find the strength to move forward.
26. Life is too short not to be proud of your scars.
27. Do not be afraid to take a step forward and try again. What is most important is that you learn from your mistakes and move forward to do better next time.
28. When life seems like a struggle, remember that it’s not. It’s just the way things are now – but maybe not for long.
29. We are all unique in our own way, but we are also connected. In order to move forward after being hurt, you must learn how to accept yourself as you are and work through the guilt and shame you may feel regarding your situation.
30. Being hurt doesn’t always mean we have to stop living. It means that we need to keep moving forward and believe in ourselves more than ever.
31. The worst part is that there are so many people who just want to live their life without getting hurt. But you can’t keep running if you’ve been hurt. You have to stand up and say, “Enough said.”
32. There’s no better time than now to move forward.
33. We can’t change the past, but we can learn from it. Moving forward is important and shows strength when you don’t give up.
34. Happiness is the best cure for hurt feelings. If you’re angry with someone, just write their name on a piece of paper. If it helps, fold it in half, so it fits inside your pocket. Put it in your pocket, then take out another piece of paper and write the person’s name again beside the first one. Then put both pieces of paper in your other pocket and wear them to work. By the end of the day, you should have forgotten all about anyone who hurt you.
35. Life is full of choices. Choose wisely and move forward with confidence.
36. The only way to move forward is not to look back.
37. The worst thing you can do is put yourself in a box and stay there. Everyone has their own story, no matter what stage—adulthood or childhood—they are in.
38. I have never felt so alive, so energized, and so ready to take on the world.
39. You have to believe in yourself and have faith in your strength. Never forget that no matter what happens or what others say, you are still the most important person in the world to yourself.
40. Start doing things that you’ve been putting off because the past is not an accurate predictor of the future.
41. Nothing is impossible if you just keep trying!
42. If you can believe in yourself, you can achieve anything.
43. The darkest night can be the brightest day because it helps you to see all the beauty around you.
44. I’m moving forward after being hurt. I’m still here, and that’s what matters. #movingforward
45. It’s better to move forward after being hurt than to never have moved forward at all.
46. Never underestimate your ability to move forward after being hurt.
47. After you’ve been hurt, move forward and make the most of every moment.
48. Remember to move forward when the chips are down, when you feel like giving up, or when you’re hurt and all alone.
49. Sometimes, we have to forget the hurt and focus on moving forward. Only then can we truly heal.
50. I am happy to say that I have finally moved on from the pain and suffering I experienced from a recent breakup.
51. We know there are things we will never be able to change, but we can always improve the way we move forward.
52. You can get through anything if you keep moving forward.
53. It’s time to move forward. You can do it.
54. It’s easy to get stuck in the past, but I’m going forward. Let’s make memories together in this life.
55. Don’t let the pain of yesterday hold you back today.
56. You don’t have to be perfect. You just have to work hard and stay strong.
57. The road less travelled does not mean that it is the harder path. It just means that it takes longer to go there, but when you do reach the end, you will be much happier for it.
58. It’s not how the wind blows; it’s how you ride the storm.
59. Moving forward after being hurt is a challenge. It takes courage, mental strength and desire to move past that pain and put your life back together.
60. Everyone’s experience is different. But one thing remains the same—you can move forward after you’ve been hurt.
61. After being hurt, we all need to move forward and find joy again.
62. We must move forward, even when we are hurt. Keep going!
63. I’ve been hurt in my life, and I have a long way to go. But I’m working on accepting that fact, not denying it, and moving forward.
64. We’ve been hurt. We’ve felt pain. And yet, we still move forward.
65. When you’re hurt, be kind to yourself and realise that what happened was just a part of life. You’ll get through it.
66. We all have a story we’re telling ourselves about the way things are, but it’s not always the way they really are. I’ve been through some tough stuff, and I just want to say that moving forward isn’t easy. It takes time, energy, and effort. But it can be rewarding if you stick with it. So hang in there, and don’t give up on your dreams!
67. If you can’t go forward, you’ll sink. The only way to get through the pain of the past is to move forward.
68. The only thing that separates us from success is our willingness to move forward. Stay strong, and keep moving forward.
69. Don’t dwell in the past, but look to the future. If you don’t move forward, you’ll never get there!
70. It wasn’t an easy road to get back on my feet again, but I did it because I knew that it was always worth the struggle.
71. You are not alone in your journey. You have so much to give, and you get stronger every day.
72. You can move forward after being hurt. You can put your life back together again. You just have to keep moving forward one step at a time.
73. Don’t be afraid to move forward after being hurt. Your heart is ready!
74. It is possible to heal and move forward after being hurt. The most important thing is to not give up, keep working hard to make your life better and don’t take things for granted because they could change in an instant.
75. You may have been hurt in the past, but that doesn’t mean you need to stay there. It’s time to move forward.
76. What does the saying “To be honest, we have this saying: love hurts. But then we learn how to move forward.” really mean? The real message is that you can get hurt in so many ways and still survive. Although you might get discouraged at times, as long as you keep moving forward and stay strong, life will treat you good.
77. Life should be an adventure and not a destination. You have to live like your life depends on it because it does. If you’ve been hurt in any way, don’t let that stop you from moving forward.
78. You can’t go on being hurt. You have to stay strong.
79. It’s okay to get hurt, and it’s not your fault if someone else hurts you. You are allowed to have feelings, and you absolutely don’t have to lower yourself just because other people do.
80. It’s important to forgive yourself and others. And it’s important to move forward, no matter what.
81. People change: you can’t hold on to someone that doesn’t want to be held on to. You can only move forward.
82. Don’t let what happened to you stop you from doing the things you want. You can’t please everyone, just keep going and don’t forget about today’s happy memories.
83. There is a saying that goes, “move on and get right into the thick of it.”
84. Embrace the change and go where you want to be.
85. It’s okay to be sad, but it’s not okay to stay there. Tomorrow will always be a better day than today.
86. We don’t have to be perfect to be great. We just have to be ourselves.
87. So many of us are carrying around hurt and pain. It can be hard not to let that affect how we live our lives, but it’s possible to move forward after being hurt.
88. Sometimes, we need to move forward after being hurt. Sometimes, it takes time and space to heal. But we must always remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
89. I’m not over the hurt. But I am moving forward because I choose to, and I won’t let a silly moment of weakness stop me.
90. There is no time to waste. There is no one to hold you down. You’ve got to move forward when life gets hard and know that you’ll be okay in the end.
91. You have the power to let go of the hurt. You can forgive, and you can move forward.
92. After all the pain and heartache, it’s time to move forward.
93. I am choosing to move forward. I believe in the beauty of life and that the best things happen when you are not afraid.
94. The only way to move forward is to keep trying. If you give up and give in, then you’re never going to be anything but a failure. Therefore, it’s important that we always try to do our best, no matter what happens.
95. I will not dwell on the past. I will move forward with confidence and a smile on my face.
96. You can’t stop what’s already begun. You may feel like giving up but don’t. I have made mistakes, but I’m not giving up on any of my dreams. If you want something bad enough, you will make it happen!
97. Sometimes, it takes a bit of time, but eventually, you’ll be better at it.
98. We got a ways to go, but we’re moving forward.
99. Rejoice in the way that you feel, even when it’s not always pretty.
100. The only way to make things better is to look forward.
101. Sometimes it takes a lot of hard work and perseverance, but the reward is always worth it.
102. To move forward after being hurt, you have to start where you are. You can only heal and learn from your mistakes if you don’t avoid them in the first place.
103. It’s important to know that after being hurt, you’re not alone.
104. When we’re hurting, the best thing we can do is move forward. You’ll be stronger for it, and you will see that there’s a reason—a reason bigger than you—that you’ve been given this gift of hurt and pain.
105. And so it goes. We get hurt, and we get angry, but then we get up and move forward.
106. When you’re hurt, it’s tempting to stop and give up. But remember that it takes time to heal. There is always hope for the future, even if you feel like things will never get better
107. It is okay to cry. It is okay to feel hurt and angry about the life-changing events in your life. It is okay to feel lost, empty and alone. But do not stay there. Moving forward takes time.
108. It’s okay to feel hurt and confused at times, but pushing forward is the only way you can gain strength.
109. In times of change and transition, it’s natural to want to give up. But moving forward is always easier when you remember that the past is just a series of choices. So pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and get ready for the next chapter.
110. You might be feeling heartbroken and confused. But that doesn’t mean life will stop moving forward—probably better, even.
111. It’s normal to feel hurt and angry that someone betrayed you. Your pain is real, but your heart can be healed.
112. It’s ok to be hurt and angry. It’s ok to grieve. But it is not ok to let those emotions define you. You will come out of this stronger and better. Be patient with yourself, but also be kind and compassionate with others. Stay positive and take care of yourself in every way possible.
113. When you get knocked down, don’t stay there. Get up and get back to work.
114. Life has a way of reminding you that you’re a human being and that those who hurt you are simply human too. It’s all about perspective.
115. I know it’s hard to see, but no matter what happened in the past, you have to move forward and carry on.
116. No matter what has happened in the past, you have to move forward.
117. Moving forward after being hurt is not just about forgetting what happened. It’s also about understanding that pain is a signal of growth.
118. Moving forward in your life after being hurt is a process of healing, but it’s also the process of finding your strength.
119. It’s never too late to move forward after being hurt. It takes time, but the right person comes along at just the right moment.
120. It can be difficult to move forward after being hurt, but you need to remember that no matter how much time has passed, it’s never too late for a happy ending.
121. I got hurt. But I’m learning how to move forward and grow from my experience.
122. If you have been hurt, know that it is not your fault. Move forward and never give up.
123. It’s a tough road to recovery after being hurt, but it’s not impossible.
124. Just because someone hurt you doesn’t mean that you’re any less of a person. It doesn’t define who you are. It just means that there’s stuff to work on, so don’t waste time on what happened in the past; use it to improve yourself and keep moving forward.
125. It’s okay to be hurt. It will make you stronger, wiser and better.
126. Sometimes your heart hurts, and it’s hard to keep moving forward. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I want you to know that you are loved by God. He has a purpose for your life, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now.
127. The first step is to move forward. Take time to heal and let go of the past. But don’t forget what you’ve learned from it!
128. It’s time to move forward. It’s time to be better than in the past.
129. If you are still feeling down about something that happened in the past, remind yourself this is not a life sentence. It is just a bump in the road. You will eventually get over it and move on with your life.
130. You can’t choose who you fall in love with, but you can make sure you’re worthy of it.
Quotes about moving forward after being hurt are a great reminder for anyone to not stay in the past and instead to look toward the future. Moving forward is one of the best ways to let go of the pain of a breakup and experience all that life has to offer in the present.