Self-respect is the term given to feelings of respect that we have for ourselves, and our dignity is what we receive from others. Self-respect is having a healthy dignity for oneself and for treating others with dignity. Self-respect is perhaps the highest virtue of all. It’s respecting oneself so much that you would never think of lowering your standards for anyone or anything.
Self-respect and dignity make us humane. They define us, shape who we are as individuals and say a lot about our identities. These two important human qualities can lead to both inner and outer success and would help a person attain a healthier life in society.
Both of them are treasures you should never part with. If your sense of self-respect is low, you will find it incredibly difficult to stay in good shape, both mentally and physically. If your self-respect is damaged, you will find that you have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning — and there’s no amount of riches that can change that.
Having self-respect means you are able to hold your head high, learn from failures with dignity and administer to the needs of your soul with honour. These quotes on self-respect and dignity are specially compiled to help build and uphold your self-worth and dignity.
Quotes on Self-Respect and Dignity
Respecting yourself is a gift you owe yourself. This gift is sacred and should not be taken lightly. Our self-worth and dignity are right alongside our self-respect and would help us to establish our own identity, as well as to embrace what makes us unique.
1. Focus on what you can control. Self-respect is the driving force for your sense of dignity.
2. By respecting and believing in yourself, you will become a person that inspires hope and confidence in others.
3. Respect yourself, and you will be respected. The foundations for dignity are self-respect and treating others as you would like to be treated.
4. Respect possesses you, but self-respect makes you possess yourself. Self-respect is the root of all virtues. Live your life to the fullest, and be sure to respect yourself above all else.
5. You will have dignity when you have confidence and respect for yourself. Like sowing a seed, you must water and nourish it before it can grow into something of value.
6. If you can’t respect yourself, then you cannot be respected by others. It all starts from within.
7. Self-respect is the first ingredient of personal power. The most powerful people apply this ingredient in proportion before they set out to get what they want in life.
8. Become confident in your own worth. Respect yourself, and others will respect you.
9. When you have respect for your inner self, the respect that you deserve will come naturally from those around you. Your dignity, then, grows effortlessly.
10. You can’t earn respect from others until you first respect yourself. It starts with you.
11. Self-respect is a central part of self-awareness. With it, you know who you are and what you stand for. Without it, you take refuge in the approval of others rather than be true to yourself.
12. Self-respect is the surest tool to lasting dignity. Respect yourself and others would have a template on how to respect yourself.
13. Optimism and ambition come from self-respect. It fosters success and opportunity rather than uncertainty and anxiety.
14. The dignity you receive from others is defined by your own efforts in establishing that you respect yourself.
15. Lack of self-respect can lead to being treated in a demeaning or degrading way. When you lack self-respect, you are vulnerable to all kinds of abuse, as you won’t be able to stand up for yourself and demand better treatment.
16. You deserve some self-respect. You are worthy, not because you think you are a good person. You’re worthy because you’ve taken the time to be productive and to develop yourself.
17. Learning to respect yourself is important for your peace of mind. When you respect yourself, it’s easy to accept who you are and what you want. Self-respect encourages self-worth and self-acceptance.
18. Self-respect and dignity are a formidable combination for anyone who chooses to use them. Respect for others is important, but treating yourself with respect is the basis for attaining self-confidence, dignity and success.
19. Nothing can stop a person with the right mental attitude from achieving his or her goals. Nor can anyone stop the person who knows the worth of self-respect.
20. You can’t rely on others to show you respect. It’s something you have to learn to give yourself.
21. You need to give yourself the respect that others can’t give you. You need self-respect to know what truly matters to you.
22. Self-respect is the foundation of true dignity. It’s the bedrock upon which all emotions are built.
23. When you learn to respect yourself, you can accomplish anything.
24. Self-respect is a fundamental part of your existence. It’s something that’s earned, and the only way to earn it is by learning what’s important to you and who you are as a person.
25. You can’t control what happens to you in life, but no one can take your self-respect away unless you give it to them.
26. Self-respect is important for your confidence and self-esteem. Without it, you will be unhappy, unsuccessful and unfulfilled.
27. Self-respect is one of the most important ingredients you can apply to your life. It’s a powerful force that will help you do and become more. Self-respect makes life easier and helps you to experience ongoing success.
28. Your self-respect is the foundation of your dignity. It’s the feeling that what you are doing is personally valuable and meaningful. It’s a positive force motivating you to do your best and be your best.
29. Your dreams, your hopes, and your aspirations all start with self-respect.
30. Without self-respect, it’s very easy to question our decisions and wonder if we are doing the right things. Self-respect is the foundation for good decisions and self-confidence. Dignity is the result of being kind to others.
31. Your self-respect and self-worth are the driving force for your sense of dignity.
32. True self-respect is found in your ability to honour your own values and principles and to behave in accordance with them.
33. If you have self-respect, you’re able to achieve great things and live your best life.
34. Dignity is not sought. It is intentionally lived.
35. Self-respect is one of the most important intelligence that can help you succeed in every area of your life.
36. Respect yourself, and you will be rewarded with a satisfying life. The path to success starts with the love of yourself. The best way to reach your dreams is to love who you are and what you do.
37. Self-respect is knowing that you’re a good person, who thinks about the bigger picture, and does what’s right. It’s also knowing who you are and not letting others influence or convince you that your opinions are wrong or worthless.
38. Self-respect is the key to everything you seek in life. Without it, you will never be truly happy.
39. If you respect yourself, you can accomplish anything. Regardless of your limitations, only you can be the person that you want to be.
40. Your sense of dignity is fueled by your self-respect and self-worth.
41. Self-respect is the most basic form of respect that you can give to yourself. It means setting your boundaries, being comfortable with your decisions, and knowing what you stand for. Without this self-knowledge, you might be swayed by outside sources who lack a true understanding of what matters to you.
42. Dignity is all about self-respect. People, who do not respect themselves, can be easily taken advantage of. This is why they don’t even realise they are being treated badly.
43. When you have a clear sense of your values, you can act and live in accordance with them. That’s true self-respect: knowing and acting on what really matters to you.
44. When you make a difference to someone, it enhances their self-respect and increases their self-worth. This brings dignity and honour not only for them but for you too.
45. Self-respect is a powerful tool. It makes everything possible. Respect for who you are and what you can achieve opens doors.
46. When people can respect and love themselves, the world becomes a better place.
47. When you have self-respect, it radiates outwards, and you look to those needing help. You know the power you have locked within you, and you are motivated by a greater purpose.
48. To regain your self-respect, you must realise that to live without it is to live without dignity.
49. Having self-respect means loving yourself. A person who loves himself/herself far more than others will never lose their sense of dignity.
50. You have to respect your own opinion of yourself. You have to improve yourself for your personal satisfaction, not for others.
51. When you respect yourself, you are empowered to pursue your dreams and goals.
52. Dignity in your heart and self-respect in your actions are the cornerstones of your character.
53. You can change your life for the better in an instant by building self-respect. It will not just make you feel happy, but others as well.
54. Self-respect is the path to your dreams. No one is born with self-respect. It’s something that has to be earned.
55. When it comes to dignity, you determine how much of it you get from people by how much you respect yourself. People learn how to treat you from the way you treat yourself.
56. Self-respect is an important factor in having other people respect you. Make them believe you are amazing, and they will think so too.
57. We are all born with dignity, but self-respect can only be earned by empowering others. We all have value, but we must show it to others if we want to receive the same.
58. One of the most important things to remember is that you are in the driver’s seat of your life. The respect you have for yourself will ultimately dictate the amount of respect everyone else has for you.
59. To earn the dignity that exceeds your imagination, you need to take action to improve your life today.
60. Your decisions, actions, and your feelings in response to positive or negative events shape your self-respect and dignity.
61. We all desire deep connections to others and ourselves. But a lack of self-respect results in disconnection and isolation. Learn how to gain self-respect, understand what it means, and why it’s important.
62. In this life, we sometimes have only one chance to make a lasting positive impression. If we lose our self-respect, the chances of making that positive impact may be lost forever.
63. You have the power to change your life in a positive way. When you have self-respect, you will succeed. Respect yourself, and you will be successful.
64. Respect yourself so that you can inspire others to do the same.
65. When someone has self-respect, they find it easy to pursue their passions and take risks. This mindset plays a key role in being successful.
66. To enjoy dignity, you must first demonstrate self-respect. To earn a place in this world, you must work for it. Give your best to those who are deserving, and trust that it will pay off.
67. When people lack self-respect, their sense of dignity is diminished.
68. Respect yourself, and others will respect you. When you look down on yourself, everyone will look down on you. When you disrespect yourself, everyone will disrespect you.
69. Do you want to be a better person? Then you need to earn your own self-respect. Only then will people respect you too.
70. True self-respect is priceless. It allows you to remain true to yourself and face life with dignity and grace.
71. Give yourself time to establish your voice. You’ll know when you have found it. It will feel right, and it will help you to easier find people that resonate with you. That’s self-respect.
72. Self-respect gives you the power to say no and refuse to let others abuse you. Self-respect empowers you to say yes to your life and take the risks that will truly make it worthwhile.
73. You shouldn’t be looking for anyone’s approval. You should seek to improve yourself, and your self-respect is the key to it.
74. Self-respect and dignity often go hand in hand. Certainly, self-respect is one of the foundations for feelings of dignity. But dignity itself takes on its own weight. It’s not just about earning respect from others. It’s also about respecting yourself.
75. Believe in yourself and your ability to fulfil your dreams. Respect yourself. Surround yourself with others who believe in you, too. You are worthy of a good life and success.
76. To be given dignity is to be perceived as having worth and value. Self-respect is an important component of dignity, but to earn it, you must first demonstrate it to others.
77. Imagine a life where you had no need for approval from others – a life where you are proud of who you are and what you stand for. It’s a powerful feeling and one that could be just a few steps away.
78. Respect yourself, and you will be celebrated by others.
79. One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to build self-respect. When your self-respect is high, you inspire others.
80. Self-respect is a key ingredient to finding what makes you happy in life. It gives you the tools to achieve your goals and the drive to improve yourself. By achieving self-respect, you’re well on your way to reaching your goals, achieving success, and finding happiness.
81. Gain self-respect, and you will gain self-confidence. This will provide the spark that fires optimism and fuels ambition. It makes life’s journey one of joy and success, not failure and frustration.
82. It’s one of the greatest gifts you can ever give to yourself. When you have self-respect, there is no need for respect from others.
83. Self-respect is the most basic form of respect that you can give to yourself. It’s the quiet confidence that comes from knowing who you are and what you stand for.
84. There is no greater gift than self-respect. As you earn it, you’ll live a happier and more fulfilling life.
85. When you respect yourself and others, you express honour. You demonstrate your dignity by giving and receiving respect.
86. Self-respect is priceless. It allows you to see your own potential, to believe in yourself and helps you face life with dignity.
87. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Celebrate yourself. Respect yourself.
88. Self-respect helps you build your dreams and realise your potential. It is a constant reminder of your worth and awakens the desire to chase your goals.
89. Self-respect gives you the power to thrive – it puts fire in your bones and makes everything possible.
90. Find your own worth. Everyone has value and deserves respect. And you are no exception.
91. Dignity isn’t what you beg for. True self-respect magnetises dignity.
92. People who are living with dignity are able to live with more confidence. They’re proud of their lives, as well as their successes and failures. Living with dignity also means respecting others. It all boils down to this one important question: How do you want to be treated?
93. Self-respect means knowing your worth and trusting yourself to know what’s right. It means accepting yourself – you are enough.
94. Self-respect is the best advice that you can give to somebody. One thing is for sure: With self-respect, there is no limit to what you can achieve. Without it, even your dreams are only as big as your insecurities.
95. Demonstrate your worth, and self-respect will follow.
96. You must not compromise your self-respect. You must be able to stand up for what you believe in, wrestle with life’s difficult decisions, and live the life you envision.
97. If you decide to take the route of self-respect, you will find yourself feeling much more confident and ready to take on the world.
98. Self-respect is the greatest gift you can give yourself. It’s the foundation for everything you do. It gives you full faith in yourself and instils confidence in others.
99. A self-respecting person knows their worth and is able to thrive. To be self-respecting is to know that possibility is in you.
100. It’s time to take pride in who you are: a unique, unlimited individual capable of bringing joy to yourself and those around you. Respect yourself.
101. When you respect yourself, you change the world. And when you believe in yourself, anything and everything is possible.
102. Take your life back. Self-respect allows you to know what matters to you and avoid being swayed by other people’s opinions.
103. Self-respect is your most important possession. It gives you strength, hope, and confidence; it allows you to see your potential, believe in yourself and live a dignified life.
104. Without a true base of self-respect, it’s nearly impossible to respect others.
105. Self-respect is the flame that brightens your life. It helps you keep on pushing toward success and gives you the strength to overcome obstacles. Without it, your journey will be filled with frustration and failure, not joy and victory!
106. Respect yourself. Celebrate all you represent. Approval from others would not get you very far if you lack self-respect.
107. It’s one of the greatest gifts you can ever give to yourself. It’s a gift you can’t share with anyone else. No matter what happens, you are willing to stick out for yourself. That’s the true meaning of self-respect.
108. Make a commitment to self-respect. Seek opportunities for new growth in your life and your business. Live a life of dignity, success and happiness.
109. Commit to self-respect. Seek growth. Live with dignity and success.
110. If you really want to change your life, if you want to live better, if you want to get more out of everything you do, it’s all about self-respect.
111. An amazing life is not about money or prestige. It’s about self-respect and the way you feel about yourself when you wake up in the morning.
112. Self-respect is a critical aspect of human dignity. When you respect yourself, you treat others better and accomplish more in your life.
113. Self-respect is a core value that gives you a sense of worth. This feeling of importance in your life helps you have positive interactions with others and better relationships overall.
114. It’s not always easy, but it’s worth it. Self-respect is what allows people to see their own potential. When you have self-respect, you are able to face life’s challenges with dignity and respect.
115. Being an individual is important. We should learn how to love our own selves and gain self-respect.
116. Successful people apply self-respect before they set out to get what they want in life. Self-respect comes from within and grows as you gain a healthy respect for yourself and your abilities.
117. Self-respect is a sure way to obtain lasting dignity. Respect yourself, and you will be amazed at how possible it is for others to respect you.
118. The most successful people share a vital ingredient to their success – self-respect. This ingredient allows you to value yourself and your abilities so you can pursue your passions with purpose and clarity.
119. Wear a crown of dignity, and be committed to your dreams. Don’t ever give up. Respect yourself, and others will respect you.
120. When you learn to respect yourself, you’ll see that your inner confidence will blossom and drive away all the disappointment in your life.
Self-respect is essential to living a happy and fulfilling life. It enables you to manage your emotions better so that you can take important decisions when you face problems. With self-respect, you become emotionally stronger and more confident, both of which help you to achieve success and live life on your own terms.
I believe these insightful quotes on self-respect and dignity have inspired you on the importance of self-respect and dignity. Kindly share them with your family members and friends.