Relationships are one of the best ways to find happiness in life, but they also come with responsibilities that not everyone can fulfil. A successful relationship depends on both partners being mature and responsible enough to make it work.
Relationship baggage is like a heavy load we have to bear and a weight that makes it harder to enjoy the good parts of life in a relationship. We might be carrying around old wounds or painful memories, or we’re just carrying them around because it’s familiar, even if it doesn’t serve us well anymore.
It builds an atmosphere around us that isn’t healthy for the people around us or us. But whatever it is, here’s the important thing: it doesn’t matter what kind of baggage you carry with you or how heavy it is. You can always choose to leave it behind.
Do you want to let go of your baggage, the people and places that have hurt you, and be ready to start a clean and empty slate unburdened by the weight of the past? These motivating relationship baggage quotes are for you.
Relationship Baggage Quotes
There is always baggage. You carry it with you from relationship to relationship until you consciously decide to heal and release the old to make room for new love. Just because there’s baggage doesn’t mean you can’t create a great relationship.
1. To be better, we have to let go of irrelevant baggage to create room for what matters. There’s always something new to be added, so why keep old kinds of stuff?
2. Don’t let your baggage get in the way of a great relationship!
3. There are many types of relationship baggage, but they all have the same theme, you either leave the past behind and move on with your future, or you take it with you.
4. Relationship baggage is not a pleasant thing to carry around. It can destroy parts of your life and make it very difficult to focus on the good things.
5. Avoiding emotional baggage from a previous relationship is one of the hardest things that can be done. Still, if you can overcome it, you’ll find yourself moving on and making a much better relationship for yourself. In the end, love is a choice.
6. To improve your relationship, you need to learn to carry your baggage and leave the past. To enjoy the future fully, don’t drag the past into it.
7. Relationship baggage can weigh you down, burden you, bother you and sometimes suffocate you. Learn what steps you can take to deal with it and focus on the good in your life.
8. Ending a relationship can be incredibly hard on both parties. But there is a silver lining to every breakup; you will learn a lot about yourself and your partner, either good or bad.
9. You cannot change the past; you can only live in the now and hope for a better future.
10. Relationship baggage is the little things we carry from our past relationships, which can make you upset and feel hurt when in a new relationship. Try to remember that the past is the past.
11. When you can’t change the past, it may be time to look for a way to get rid of relationship baggage.
12. A relationship is a powerful bond between two people, but it isn’t easy to maintain. Sometimes, things don’t work out. And when that happens, the best thing you can do is move on and make sure your next relationship is better than the last one.
13. Relationship baggage isn’t just about what you have to carry; it’s about the weight you have to carry. We must not let our baggage control our lives; we must learn to let the past stay in the past and look to the future for better things.
14. Have you ever felt trapped by a bad relationship? You deserve to be free of the baggage, stress, and drama that comes with it.
15. Relationship baggage is something that everyone has to carry. That weight drags us down and makes us feel like going on is pointless or seems impossible to bear. There is always a way out despite the negativity of living with relationship baggage.
16. You’ve got that feeling of dreading what’s next? Spare yourself such negative feelings and turn it all into the relationship baggage drop-off point.
17. Relationship baggage is an emotional backpack you carry in your relationships. But there comes a time when you have to let it all go.
18. All relationships carry baggage in one way or another, and everyone has to deal with it the best they can.
19. The only way to overcome relationship baggage is to let go of it. Else it will weigh you out and make you miss out on happy moments.
20. Relationship baggage can always weigh us down, no matter how light the case may seem. But the trick is to overcome it all.
21. It’s time to stop dwelling on the past and start opening the door to the future. It’s a new beginning, and it’s going to be amazing.
22. Some people get weighed down by everything that happened in their past relationships. To say goodbye to all of that takes courage and strength.
23. Relationship baggage can cause people to be a lot less happy. They tend to project the negativity of one person onto another.
24. No matter how robust the foundation, baggage can hinder and kill a relationship by preventing growth within it. No matter how hard one works to leave their baggage behind, it will always be there at some level.
25. If you can’t repair relationship baggage, you will be in for a lifetime of regret.
26. Many have been unable to move on from a bad relationship. You deserve better. You deserve to be free of baggage and the stress that comes with it.
27. It’s not easy to get rid of your relationship baggage. Some habits and behaviours are so ingrained in our psyche that they can lead to a lot of stress if we try to get rid of them literally. What is important is how we handle these urges and pressure.
28. It’s time to let go of the baggage that no longer serves you and your love.
29. There is no gain without sacrifice, but it is necessary to make decisions even when the outcome appears unfavourable. If you want to gain something, you will have to leave all that baggage behind.
30. It is okay to learn from the past, but you will never be able to change it. All you can do is learn from it and move on.
31. Relationships are a two-way street, so it’s important to think about what you’re giving, too. Don’t let your baggage keep you from ever finding love.
32. Life is too short to be dwelling on the negative, so remember to let the past stay where it belongs. You’ll find that there is nothing but opportunities for your future and a bright outlook if you learn how to leave it behind.
33. Whatever your relationship baggage is, it can hurt you or help you. It can be heavy or light. You hold onto it for so long because you’re afraid to leave it behind, but the only freedom you can get can only come from you.
34. Relationships are not all fun pillow fights and romance. There is a lot of hard work and responsibility involved in making any relationship work out. If yours doesn’t work out, drop that baggage and move on.
35. When you’re ready to disconnect from your old relationship and get rid of unnecessary baggage, it may be time to look for a way to reconnect with yourself and gain some perspective.
36. It’s never too late to discover the new you and get rid of your relationship baggage.
37. You can choose to keep your past relationships with you, or you can choose to leave your past behind and make new relationships with other people. Only you can choose to do one or the other.
38. We all carry relationship baggage; often, it’s never talked about, but we know it’s there. We need to leave the past behind and move on with the future, whilst making the best out of a bad situation should be our motivation.
39. Relationship baggage is something we share as human beings. We are all trying our best to make things work because we want things to improve, especially our relationships.
40. The past is a memory, the future is a mystery, and today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.
41. You want to leave the past behind you, so why don’t you? You have relationship baggage, and you’re carrying it with you. You are trapped, always trying to feed on the past. Why don’t you let go and move on?
42. We’re only here for a short while, and then it’s on to the next adventure. Is it worth carrying the baggage of this one?
43. Baggage is often a significant part of why people struggle with their relationships and is an important component of relationship success.
44. There is no love more true, than the love between two people who have had their fair share of relationship baggage.
45. If you’re having some problems with your partner, you may need to deal with some baggage from your past relationships. Make sure you understand how it will affect the future of your relationship so that things can get better.
46. Letting go of emotional baggage is important in any relationship. It’s important for everyone involved in a relationship to be able to let go of past emotions and move forward as one operational team.
47. Relationships are hard work, and so is managing your feelings and your partner’s feelings. But once you get to the bottom of the issues at hand, things will become clearer, and you’ll have the courage to make your relationship stronger than ever before.
48. Relationship baggage is like a parasite. You can’t get rid of it, but you can try to minimize it.
49. The past remains the past. It’s gone and can’t be changed. The only way to make sense of it is to accept that we all have baggage, but we don’t have to carry it forever.
50. We all have baggage. We all have a past. But the question is: Will you drag it around like an anchor, or will you leave it behind and let your future be bright?
51. The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. Leave that baggage and be great.
52. The baggage you carry from your past relationships will ultimately determine who you end up with.
53. The best way to get rid of relationship baggage is to have a healthy relationship. It shapes our future and makes us who we become.
54. A relationship is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you’ll get. Please pick it up yourself and leave if you get one with baggage.
55. Every relationship has its baggage, And you have to look hard to see how to deal with it if you want to keep the peace.
56. The weight of a relationship is not always a burden, but if you carry too much, it can cause you to overcompensate. Wake up to yourself and realize that your baggage will hinder you. You can let the weight fall to the ground. It’s okay!
57. I’m a suitcase with all my relationships, I’m the paper bag I take with me everywhere, I’m the sweater I put on to keep warm, And the scarf I wrap around my neck. I am my comfort in this relationship filled with baggage.
58. I’m tired of carrying the baggage of a relationship that isn’t going anywhere and is weighing me down.
59. There’s a lot of relationship baggage, like all the pieces of broken glass, In your life that you can’t forget.
60. You can’t ever find true love with that past relationship baggage in your life.
61. Relationship baggage I do not wish to own. My anxiety for you has only brought me pain. But I’ve moved past it all.
62. Relationship baggage is ugly. If the baggage is taken care of, you can be free and fly like the butterfly you are meant to be.
63. Sometimes, you need to let go of that unnecessary baggage in a relationship and cut yourself some slack!
64. We got to make that one decision, but if you can see that your baggage isn’t right, please let it go.
65. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. And every cloud has a silver lining. But there’s an end to all our tears.
66. A chest full of relationship baggage seems too heavy to be carried, and maybe someday let them out.
67. If you can read this, you’ve survived the relationship baggage, trust me!
68. You may think it’s small baggage, but it’s something you should let go of and throw away before it holds you back from your dream.
69. Tired of carrying the weight of your relationship baggage? Tired of fixing it over and over again? Tired of pining for the day you can stop? Just take a chill pill.
70. For all the times we leave behind, or all the times we vow to take back what we once left behind, for all the times we say we’re sorry, for all the times we tried never to give up, there is always a better way to make up for it.
71. You’ve got baggage from your past relationships? It’s time to free yourself like a bird and fly away.
72. Get lost in a world of your own where hearts can be free, where dreams can be achieved, and where you can be free. Free yourself from that relationship baggage.
73. A relationship is a boat, and you’re the captain. You’ll be the one steering through the sea, a when you’re down; you’re down.
74. Relationships have become more than expected as time goes by. Some relationship baggage can be crazy, but the earlier you have it figured out, the better for you.
75. I’ve been a mess, I’ve let you down, but I’m starting to realize that all this baggage from the past is only keeping me from making the right decision.
76. Are you still carrying that relationship baggage? Are you still trying to keep up your past relationship? I tell you, my friend, it’s time to let go.
77. Such a thing called relationship baggage shouldn’t hinder your future. Let go of the past and move right into your happiness.
78. The best relationship is the one you’re in with yourself. You can’t control other people. You can only control how you react to them.
79. We have to have the heart to heart talks, and that’s not easy, but we can do it. Then we have to learn to put things behind us and say, “We’re not going back.
80. You are not a product of your circumstances but rather a product of your decisions. Relationship baggage should be the least of your problems.
81. Relationship baggage is not a symbol of a love relationship but a symbol of a relationship that will not last.
82. Relationships are hard work. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. But no matter what, they make a three-ring-circus of your life.
83. Relationships are full of baggage, trust me. But let’s not let it define our next one.
84. Relationships come with baggage. It’s worth the weight if you’re meant to be, but you’re happier as you start to grow and learn.
85. Take care of that relationship baggage, send it to sea and watch it disappear.
86. Relationships are like bags; we all take our baggage and hide it in the corners of our hearts. How we carry our baggage is who we are.
87. If you can dream, dream now; if you can, think about how you’ll achieve that dream and be the real you.
88. No matter how much you love someone, they are still baggage you’ll have to carry. It’s all part of the journey; no matter how bad it gets, at least you’ll know you made it through.
89. You must love yourself more than anyone else does, rid yourself of every relationship baggage, or you are already a failure.
90. Relationships carry baggage, but it’s important to make it to the door. And then find the key to open the door. And when you get the key, open the door to freedom.
91. Relationships are hard because we pack so much of ourselves in, and we forget to unpack it when all we want is a little time to be lonely and alone.
92. No baggage, no pain. We don’t need any relationship baggage to hurt us any further.
93. So much has been said and written about love and relationships. I will not say that it’s an obstacle, but it’s there, and it stalks you step by step so long as you let it stay.
94. No matter how often people say they’re in love with you, you have relationship baggage if you hurt more than you’re loved.
95. Never forgive an injury, but forget it. Don’t let love leave you, but don’t get stuck with it. Don’t let your baggage get in the way of love.
96. Relationships are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get, and you’re always hiding the things you can’t escape.
97. The only baggage you need is the one that goes with you, the baggage that you carry.
98. I am just one of many who have baggage. I used to have a limited view of the big picture in my relationship but not anymore.
99. I carried a backpack full of relationship baggage, and it weighed me down till I decided I’d had enough, and I gave it all away one day.
100. If everyone could live their best life and be true to themselves, relationships would be a happier place for everyone without baggage.
Whether or not you acknowledge it, there’s no denying that our past relationships, both good and bad, can impact our current ones. It’s just so easy to let old baggage get into your relationships.
But you can’t let those things hold you back from being happy with someone else. It’s important to recognize this fact so that you can work towards healing yourself before moving forward with someone else.
Let me know what you think of these relationship baggage quotes in the comment section, will you? Thank you for reading, please share this post with your loved ones before you go.