Being tired of pleasing others is not a bad thing. It means you are ready to take charge of your life and make it more meaningful. When people get tired of pleasing others, they start looking for something new. They want to find out who they really are and what their purpose in life is. They don’t care about what other people think anymore but start following their dreams and desires, which makes them happier than ever before.
Having an identity crisis is one of the most common signs that you are tired of pleasing others. You might feel like you are compromising your values and beliefs for someone else’s benefit, and that can be very frustrating. You might not even realize that you are doing this until someone points it out to you, but once they do it will be glaringly obvious.
Most people want to make other people happy, but sometimes we need to put our own needs first. If you are constantly giving up on things because someone else wants something different then this could indicate that you have an identity crisis. The fact is that we all have to please others — our bosses, our spouses, our kids, our friends and even strangers. But there’s a difference between pleasing people and pleasing people who are worth pleasing.
The collection of tired of pleasing others quotes below is a practical guide to help you change your thought habits and focus on what really matters by making peace with who you are and what you want in life.
Tired of Pleasing Others Quotes
I am tired of pleasing others and doing the things considered socially acceptable. I am tired of having to always be pleasant, considerate and well-mannered, just because someone else thinks it is good for me or because society dictates I do so. I am tired of being nice all the time.
1. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of always putting your needs before mine. I am tired of trying to convince you that I matter, too.
2. I am tired of pleasing everyone else when I know that they don’t want to please me. I am tired of getting over my anxiousness and fear because it keeps me from saying what I want. I am tired of proving myself to people.
3. I am tired of pleasing others. I have been trying too hard and it is not working. I don’t know how to change this situation but am willing to try if it means happiness and peace for me.
4. Our culture warps us into believing that saying yes to others makes us strong, but saying no is weak. I am tired of pleasing. I am tired of listening to the voice that says I’m doing a good thing by just existing, so it’s time for me to be heard. I say no to pleasing others.
5. I am tired of the constant battles. All the rules imposed on me. Telling me what I can and cannot do. This is my life, not something that someone else is controlling. I am tired of pleasing others.
6. The past is the past. I do not want to think about what happened yesterday. I have a chance to start over now, and if I can keep on pleasing others and forcing them to be happy, then my life will make no sense.
7. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of being put down for things that make me happy. I am tired of people telling me what to do.
8. I am tired of constantly pleasing others. I have compromised my own values, and the quality of my life to make sure others are comfortable. I have taken on responsibilities that do not belong to me, at the expense of things that do – like my health, my happiness and even relationships with people who matter most to me. It’s time to take back control.
9. I’ve been tired of pleasing others for a long time. I get paralyzed by fear and anxiety when it comes to speaking up and not always pleasing others.
10. I am tired of pleasing everyone else and not getting anything in return. I want to be taken seriously by my friends, parents and the world around me.
11. I have done my best to please others and still, it is not enough. I am tired of being told that I do not make enough money, that I am living in the wrong city, or should be doing something with my life.
12. I am tired of being the only person who cares about you. I am tired of pleasing others and neglecting myself. The only way to stop this cycle is to start living for ourselves!
13. I am tired of excusing my faults and the sometimes unacceptable ways I act. It’s time to set some boundaries and stop allowing other people to treat me like their doormat.
14. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of satisfying the needs and wants of those around me. They are around me to make my life better, but sometimes they force me against takes that belong to myself. I am tired of giving in to what other people think they must get from me. When I do this, I become less happy with who I am and the things that I do with my days.
15. I am tired of pleasing others. I am fed up with pleasing others from morning to night, from today till eternity. But I have to continue doing it because they expect me to do the same!
16. I am tired of pleasing others, never getting the praise I deserve or being noticed at all. I feel as if my voice is never heard and my opinions never matter. No one seems to care how I feel or care about how I may be feeling. I have no one to listen to me when I do speak up and it makes me angry because I want someone to hear me out but when there are people around, no one cares about what I have to say.
17. I am tired of pleasing others. I realize that some believe that pleasing others is a path to happiness, but I say, it is the opposite. It is an endless cycle of running after other people’s agendas.
18. I am a person and I want to feel confident in who I am. You see, I am tired of pleasing others. The effort I put into worrying about whether you like me because of what I say, how I dress, or even how my name sounds is exhausting.
19. Sometimes I get tired of pleasing others. Do you know what I mean? I just want to do what I please and not worry about how people think it might look to other people.
20. Stop being the people pleaser. Why? Because it will make you miserable, sick and tired. You are not on Earth to have fun at other people’s expense. You are on this planet to find peace and happiness in your life, so don’t settle for anything less!
21. It is time that I mattered. I will no longer give my life and energy away. Whenever someone comes up to me and asks me to do something for them, if I don’t want to then I will say no. It is my life and I can’t be comfortable living it if other people are always being put first.
22. I am tired of pleasing others. I want the freedom to decide what I want and be able to do it because it is my passion and purpose, my reality.
23. I’m tired of trying to keep everyone else happy. I need to do something for myself for a change. And if you don’t like it, tough luck, because I’m tired of pleasing others.
24. For some, it’s hard to say “no”, or even find the motivation to do so. I am tired of pleasing others and satisfying them. I need to do this thing because it comes first in my life. If you don’t have time for me or my friends, we’ll find other people who do.
25. I am tired of pleasing others. I want to follow my own path and go my own way, no matter what anyone else thinks. I want to live according to my own ideas and principles, not someone else’s.
26. Tired of just pleasing others, but even more so; tired of making self-sacrifices? Let go of the need to be liked and admired by everyone. You are not here to please other people or meet their expectations, but rather you exist to connect with your deepest truth in such a way that it resonates within their hearts as well.
27. I am tired of pleasing others. No matter what I say or do, they are never happy with me. They don’t see my potential and don’t acknowledge the good things that I have done. They criticize me, even though they have no right to do so. I have had it! It is time for a change. They cannot tell me how to live my life anymore.
28. I am tired of trying to make everyone around me happy! I have done my fair share of pleasing others, but it is time to give them a little back…
29. Don’t waste your time trying to please everybody. When you are tired of pleasing others, you can focus on yourself, who is most important in your life.
30. You know what you want and need, so stop trying to please others and start taking care of yourself. This is your life and you deserve to be happy.
31. I am tired of pleasing people and having to hear so many excuses for their shortcomings. I just want to be me. I am ready for a change.
32. I spend a lot of time and energy pleasing others. I can’t even remember the last time I did something for my own benefit. I have goals, aspirations, passions and dreams but I don’t seem to have time for them because I’m too busy making sure everyone else is happy.
33. I am tired of pleasing others. It is true that some people are very controlling and manipulative, but it is also true that you need to learn to protect yourself from them. If you give in too much or let them walk all over you, you will get taken advantage of and they will think they can keep doing it.
34. I am tired of pleasing others, and letting them decide how I feel about myself and what I want in life. My success hinges on making decisions that work for me and no one else. To be happy, I need to be able to say “No” more often than “Yes.”
35. I have been too hard on myself for this long enough. I am tired of pleasing people who only see me as a means to an end and a tool to use. It is time for me to do what I want, set my boundaries and establish myself as the centre of my own universe.
36. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of thinking about everyone else’s needs, wants and desires before my own. I have been doing this for too long and it is time to live my own life.
37. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of being an instrument for my husband’s benefit. I want to be free to do what I want, go where I want, and spend my time with whomever I choose!
38. I have been tired of pleasing people for so long. People who have no regard for me and my feelings. I am tired of making myself miserable to make them happy.
39. Tired of people pleasing? There is a better way to live your life and it starts with changing the way you think about yourself. Learn how to stop worrying about what other people think of you, accept yourself for who you are, and finally feel like you are enough.
40. I am tired of pleasing others in order to be accepted. I want to live a life of authenticity so I can be myself and not worry about the judgment of others.
41. I’m tired of pleasing others. I’m tired of being there for the wrong people and letting them take advantage of me. What’s the point? I’d much rather be happy, successful and fulfilled without having to worry about what other people think about me.
42. I am tired of pleasing others. The constant need to do what is expected and acceptable, to meet the expectations of others. I want to be who I was meant to be and live my life free from fear or regret, as long as it’s not hurting anyone else.
43. It is time to stop the madness of pleasing others, whose approval and acceptance we want so badly. If it’s not your dream then take a look at some of these things that you are doing, right now, to please others and maybe you’ll see that you have been doing it all wrong.
44. I tried to please everyone. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. But now I know that it’s impossible. And even if I did succeed, I would still feel like a failure. You see, we all have different ways of handling things and it’s important to be true to ourselves and embrace who we are, not try to fit into someone else’s mould.
45. I am tired of pleasing others. It is time for me to stand up for myself and my beliefs. No longer will I allow others to walk all over me, offend my human worth, or take advantage of me.
46. I am tired of having to please others and fit in. I am tired of being the boss when I do not want to be. I am tired of changing myself because someone else doesn’t like me for who I am.
47. I am tired of trying to please others. I am tired of putting their needs before my own. I am tired of thinking that I simply can’t make living my dream possible because life is too risky, too hard and just not the right time. I realize now that no one else is responsible for what makes me happy but me.
48. I am tired of pleasing others. If they don’t like me as I am, they can go away; I want to be myself regardless of what they think.
49. Sometimes we get tired of pleasing others all the time, and stop doing what we want to do. This can lead you to have frustration, anger and resentment. You know deep down that it’s important to be true to yourself, but the negative thoughts and feelings that you aren’t living your truth can create a lot of inner tension.
50. You have to live for yourself and not others. This is your life and no one else’s – once you stop pleasing others you will be happy because other people do not live in your body and can’t possibly know what makes you happy or sad. Stop giving up on the things that matter to you just to make someone else happy, they aren’t worth it.
51. You are tired of pleasing others, your mind is void of thoughts, and your soul is devoid of emotions. You have nothing to show for yourself in this world. You don’t even have time for yourself. Your life hasn’t taken any meaningful shape and the only thing that can save you from all this misery is… You!
52. I’m tired. Tired of pleasing others, of trying to be what they want me to be, of not seeing myself for who I am. I just want others to love me for who I am, my flaws and everything, even if it means that some people won’t like me anymore.
53. I am tired of pleasing others to get what I want. As a result, it doesn’t happen often. Most of my life has been about getting love and approval from others or pleasing them enough so that they will like me and with each failure, I believed that there was something wrong with me. Over time this belief became firmly attached to my identity as an unlovable person who didn’t deserve to have fun or be happy in life.
54. I am tired of pleasing others. I need to make choices that fit me. I need to be selfish, but not self-centred. I need to love myself, even while I love others.
55. When you are constantly chasing other people’s approval and recognition, it will drain you—and take away your self-confidence. If you’re tired of pleasing others, let go and start embracing who you are!
56. Time and again, I have found myself falling into the trap of pleasing other people instead of myself. This time is different though. After years of being mentally drained, I’ve finally decided to stop weighing my decisions against what others would think or do and worry about what’s right for me.
57. I am tired of pleasing others, who in the end never seem to be happy with me. I have wasted too much of my life on people who only want to drag me down and make me feel small enough to fit into their little box. Well, guess what, I refuse to do it any longer.
58. I’m tired of trying to please others. It’s time to be true to myself and let go of the responsibility I shouldered so willingly.
59. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of asking permission to be myself. It’s not a matter of being right or wrong. It’s a matter of doing what feels right.
60. It’s time for you to stop feeling guilty about the things you want. In order to have the life you dream of, you need to take huge action. Stop pleasing others and start pleasing yourself!
61. I am tired of pleasing others and worrying about what everyone else thinks. It is time to look after myself first and make myself happy again.
62. I am tired of pleasing other people. I’m tired of saying and doing what others want, instead of staying true to myself. I’m tired of these messages that tell me how to think and feel, what to say and do, and how to dress so that I fit in with everyone else.
63. I am tired of putting other people first. I’m tired of pleasing others and not having my own needs met. What I want is to be able to take care of myself and enjoy the experience, rather than think about what others might think or say about my choices. My happiness drives me, not other people’s opinions or expectations.
64. I want to live a life of peace, calm and tranquillity. I want to create my own path, follow my own vision and make all the decisions in my life without being influenced by others or pushed by society’s expectations.
65. I am tired of pleasing others. I know that it is not healthy for my self-esteem to constantly be worrying about what others think about me. I need to concentrate on what matters most to me and make sure that I am taking care of myself during this process.
66. Sometimes you just have to stop pleasing others and start pleasing yourself. You can’t please everyone. And at the end of the day, it won’t make you happy if you’re just wasting your life away by trying to satisfy everyone around you. You need to start living for yourself; it will bring a smile to your face instead of tears.
67. You are not happy and don’t know why. You have forgotten who you really are. Because you never take time to sit back and really think about what you want, you’re living your life according to someone else’s rules.
68. I am tired of pleasing others. I have lived for so long in order to make other people happy and now it is time for me and my happiness.
69. I am tired of pleasing others. I will no longer feel guilty. I will no longer suffer and numb myself with narcotics, alcohol and other people’s expectations. I am going to focus on myself and my dreams!
70. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of worrying about what other people think about my opinions, my beliefs and my dreams.
71. I am tired of pleasing everybody. I want to stop pleasing others and start pleasing myself. You may call me selfish. But I am not going to be able to hold my head high if I continue to be a slave to others.
72. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of hearing them say you don’t need this and that. I have allowed my desire to please be affected by the opinions of others. Their opinions have nothing to do with who I am!
73. I love people and I want to be helpful. But I am tired of pleasing others. Since I was young, I have tried to please others by doing what they ask when they ask it. I have even abandoned my own desires and opinions in order to avoid a confrontation. It is time for me to put myself first – at least in some situations.
74. I am tired of making small talk and trying to appear as if nothing is bothering me when I am feeling lonely, hurt, stressed and sad. I am tired of smiling at people who are more interested in themselves than in caring about me.
75. I am tired of pleasing others. I have spent so many years trying to please others and make them happy. It seems like every day I try to find a way to keep my friends, family, and loved ones happy. I have put my needs on the back burner for so long that it is hard for me to know what is best for me anymore.
76. I am tired of pleasing others. I want to do things my way, not the way you expect me to. Please stop telling me what I need.
77. I have decided that I am not going to please everyone. In fact, I am just not going to please anyone else in my life anymore. It’s time for me to put myself first.
78. I am tired of pleasing others and getting nothing in return. I’m tired of hearing them say they love me, but never put effort into our relationship.
79. Trying to keep up with others is a waste of time. This is not a good use of your valuable energy. Take some time, and get to know yourself more fully. What do you want out of life? How can you be the best possible version of yourself?
80. I am tired of pleasing others. I want to do what I need to do and when it is time to do my own things, it will just be easier if I don’t have to tell other people that.
81. I am tired of pleasing others. I just want to be me, do what I want to do and say what I feel like saying, regardless of what others might think.
82. I am tired of pleasing others and having them always tell me what to do. I can only listen so much before I start rejecting their advice, which then becomes another form of rejection.
83. Stop pleasing others. Start pleasing yourself. It will be hard at first, but over time you will learn that it is better for everyone around you when you are being your true self.
84. I am tired of pleasing others. I think it’s time to let go of the chains that hold me back and just be me, who I really am deep down inside.
85. I am tired of pleasing others, and making them feel important. I just want to be myself and do whatever I need to do for myself. Why does there have to be so much drama?
86. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of trying to be what people want me to be, instead of accepting my true self. I am tired of pretending. I know this change will not come overnight – but if more people reject “fitting in” and embrace their own individuality, then the world will become a better place for everyone.
87. I am tired of pleasing other people, especially when it compromises my happiness. I realize that saying no for me is as much about self-preservation as it is about taking care of myself.
88. I am tired of pleasing others. I want to live my life on my terms. I want to make my own decisions and do so without worrying about outside opinions or pressures.
89. I have been highly successful in business and with my life, yet I am so tired of pleasing everyone else. I have to make myself a priority in order to be happy.
90. I am tired of pleasing others, a people pleaser at heart. I have been stifled and pushed around by my own good nature and it’s time to stand up for myself.
91. I am tired of pleasing others. I am tired of coming up with excuses to contact my friends and family. I am tired of living in the past and enjoying myself at times when no one else is around to do it for me. I want to work on my own terms…
92. I am tired of trying to please others. I want to be able to do what I want when I want it and how I want it. I’m tired of being afraid of hurting other people’s feelings or causing drama by doing what is right for me.
93. No one likes being told what to do. It’s stressful, it’s exhausting, and it feels like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done because the people around you always seem to have needs that you aren’t meeting. You are tired of feeling like a doormat.
94. Too often we sacrifice our happiness for the need to please others. We seek constant validation from others and end up having an ever-changing group of friends, partners and co-workers. We seek approval from those in authority over us, who do not know how to give it because they only know how to take it. This leads us down a path of exhaustion, hopelessness and depression as we grow our list of people we want to impress and make happy.
95. We have become so unhealthily obsessed with getting the approval of others that we are beginning to lose sight of who we really are. A person who has no self-esteem cannot go through life without becoming depressed, anxious, and confused; unable to make decisions without worrying about what other people will think.
96. I’m tired of pleasing others. I have tried to become someone else and pretended to be something I’m not, but shaking off the mask is like peeling back a layer of skin that just won’t come off.
97. I am tired of flattering others, I am tired of trying to make everyone happy just so they will like me. I am tired of being used. I am tired of being called a pushover and of people walking all over me.
98. We want to think that we are pleasing others, and this is true, but we are living an unsustainable lifestyle. It is time to start making your own life the priority.
99. Stop trying to please others. Stop feeling guilty for wanting what you want. Every time someone makes you feel bad about something that is important to you, tell them how much it means to you. This can be hard at first but if you start with people that are closer to you (like family and friends) it gets easier.
100. It is so easy to do what pleases others, but what we really need to be doing is pleasing ourselves. We should spend less time worrying about other people’s opinions of us and more time getting to know who we are and what makes us feel good.
101. I am tired of pleasing others. I have to make myself happy first so that I can be a better person for everyone around me. You deserve to take some time for yourself before you turn into an unhappy person and so do all the people around you.
102. I am totally over-pleasing others. I am completely exhausted from putting myself last and forgetting to take care of myself. I need a healthy relationship and that starts with me refusing to be a selfless doormat.
103. You don’t need to keep on pleasing everyone. You should be yourself and stop feeling bad about yourself for not being like so and so.
104. One of the biggest struggles you will face in life is pleasing others. We all have this desire to please other people and make their lives a little easier, but what does it lead to? More stress, more anxiety, an unbalanced life that doesn’t serve you and your needs. Setting boundaries is not selfish. It’s just being real with yourself and the world around you, which is the only way you can create an authentic and balanced life.
105. I am tired of pleasing others. Tired of trying to fit in. Tired of being pushed around. Tired of people expecting me to be something that I’m not. Tired of playing the game, saying what everyone wants me to say, and doing what everyone expects me to do. I am tired of pleasing others.
106. I’m tired of pleasing others. I want to live my life the way I want to, and not according to what society thinks is right or wrong. I want to be selfish sometimes, just like everyone else does on their own time.
107. You must develop a new attitude towards other people, one of mutual respect and appreciation. You must realize that when you are pleasing others, you are actually pleasing yourself. Do not be afraid to say no and mean it. The words ‘I would prefer not to’ do not mean ‘No’. They mean ‘I prefer not to’!
108. Do you feel like you are the only one who is taking care of everyone? Instead of constantly trying to please others, focus on your needs and do something for yourself today.
109. It’s not easy to make a choice between what pleases you and what pleases others. When your heart and mind do not align, you lose sight of yourself. Your emotions are triggered every time they expect something from you.
Hey there! I hope you learned something new from the collection of tired of pleasing others quotes. If yes, please leave a comment below. And also, don’t forget to share the post with your loved ones. Thank you.