An aunt is a common form of address for an adult woman. She is the female equivalent of an uncle and can be used with or without the name. In some languages, it is also a term of respect for an older family member or close friend who doesn’t have any maternal or paternal relation.
Being a “toxic aunt” is in no way a good thing. It means that you are putting your needs ahead of the needs of your nieces and nephews, and you always come first before them. You don’t think about their needs and how you fit into their lives as a whole, and instead, you always focus on what you can get out of them.
Toxic aunts are the ones who don’t believe in your dreams but rather want you to work for theirs. They’re the ones who call every other day just to complain about their lives. They’re the ones who love you but only if you’re doing what they want you to do. Being a toxic aunt is something we all have the potential to be, but that doesn’t mean we should all be toxic. Our family members are a reflection of us, and if we’re not careful, they can become just like us, or we become like them.
Do you have a toxic aunt? Hopefully, this collection of toxic aunt quotes will help you understand just what makes an aunt toxic and how you can deal with her.
Toxic Aunt Quotes
A toxic aunt is just like a toxic work environment: she’ll drain you of your humanity, and there’s no telling when it will all end. When your aunt wants to do something stupid, tell her you’re busy or have something else going on. You won’t be sorry.
1. A toxic aunt is someone who loves to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad.
2. If there’s something wrong with you, a toxic aunt is going to find it, and she’ll tell you about it as loudly as possible.
3. Don’t let a toxic aunt ruin your relationships with your other family members. A toxic aunt will always find a way to bring her nephews and nieces down.
4. A toxic aunt is someone who loves to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad. If there’s something wrong with you, she’ll find it, and she’ll tell you about it as loudly as possible without caring about your feelings.
5. If you don’t like the way that your aunt makes you feel, then it’s time to get rid of her. A toxic aunt will always find a way to ruin your relationships with your family.
6. Do you feel like your aunt is making you unhappy? Perhaps she’s the type who loves to bring everyone else down with her. If that’s the case, it’s time to stop letting this toxic aunt ruin your relationships with other relatives.
7. There’s nothing worse than a toxic aunt. She finds everything that’s wrong with you and makes sure everyone knows about it.
8. Whether it’s your weight, your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse, or how you’re handling your kids, a toxic aunt will find something to criticize and broadcast it to the whole family.
9. Stop letting a toxic aunt get in the way of you and your family members. They’re not worth it!
10. You can’t help but get pulled down by a toxic aunt who is always telling you how ugly you are, how stupid your husband is, and how she can never remember your name.
11. It’s easy to resent an aunt who is always telling you how much better they are at everything than you are.
12. It’s time to say goodbye to toxic aunts.
13. A toxic aunt is a manipulative, controlling person who is always trying to get her way.
14. A toxic aunt can be extremely manipulative and uses emotional blackmail to get what she wants.
15. A toxic aunt is someone who uses emotional blackmail to get what she wants or needs. This type of behaviour is considered toxic because it causes negative effects on the person being manipulated or controlled.
16. A toxic aunt may have no regard for their relationship with you and only cares about herself and her needs.
17. They’re the ones who always seem to be in some kind of drama, constantly complain about their lives, and can’t help but put others down.
18. A toxic aunt is a person who hurts others emotionally or who causes mental or physical harm.
19. Be careful of your safety around a toxic aunt, as they may use their influence to get you to do things you don’t want to do.
21. A toxic aunt is a person who puts down, criticizes, and belittles others. They don’t care how their actions affect others or if it causes physical or mental harm.
22. A toxic aunt causes harm to herself and others. She does this by being cruel, vindictive, and manipulative.
23. It is important to say who a toxic aunt is because you can identify their actions, words, and mental poison.
24. A toxic aunt destroys your self-esteem. This aunt kills your joy, happiness, and zest for life, and you hate your life because of her.
25. Toxic aunts come in all shapes and sizes. Some are friendly and kind. Others are more honest and up-front. But deep down, they all have some things in common.
26. Toxic aunts like to make you feel bad about yourself and keep you from making the most of your life.
27. What many people do not know is that being toxic has benefits, but only in small amounts. If you spend too much time around a toxic aunt, you may become like her.
28. Toxic relatives are in the air, and they’re everywhere. They might be your friends, relatives, or even yourself.
29. The worst thing about having a toxic aunt is that there’s no way to tell her she’s toxic without sounding like a jerk yourself.
30. The thing about your toxic aunt is that she doesn’t really care about anyone else but herself, so when she’s done using and abusing you, she will leave without looking back.
31. There are people in this world who do not deserve your trust or loyalty, which includes your toxic aunt.
32. If you’re the toxic aunt, you are the one who’s going to be telling your niece how to dress and how to do her hair, how she should act, and what she should eat. You’re the one who is going to be undermining her self-esteem.
33. Your aunt is a toxic person, and no one wants to spend time with her. She has a bitter attitude, and her negativity has rubbed off on you. You’ve spent years trying to get rid of the negativity and bring back the happier, more positive person that you used to be before your aunt took over your life.
34. A toxic aunt has wickedness in her blood. It’s in her DNA. She can’t help it—she was born toxic.
35. A toxic aunt gives you the worst advice and overspends all your birthday money on something.
36. A toxic aunt is someone who constantly talks about your exes and worst enemies.
37. A toxic aunt hates your friends, and their most notable feature is their loudmouth.
38. Did you know that a toxic aunt is someone who talks with hate? They bad-mouth people, and they constantly talk about your exes and worst enemies. Their most notable feature is their loudmouth.
39. A toxic aunt hates your friends, and she’s obnoxious.
40. The only time a toxic aunt ever raises her voice is to scream about her problems.
41. A toxic aunt is that relative at every family gathering who won’t stop talking about everyone’s faults. She hates your friends, and she’s not afraid to express it.
42. A toxic aunt is someone who cannot keep a secret. Someone who speaks negatively about her family members to their faces and behind their backs.
43. A toxic aunt is someone who judges and undermines you as a parent. They tell you that your kids are spoiled, brats, and/or completely out of control.
44. A toxic aunt does not have her children, but she “helps” yours for free.
45. Toxic Aunt Syndrome: the inability to enter a room without disapproval. The sight of a happy family member makes your heart sink into your shoe.
46. You’re a toxic aunt if you spend more time on your phone than with your nieces and nephews.
47. There’s no such thing as a toxic aunt. An aunt who loves you is not toxic. I think an aunt who loves her nephew is the best aunt ever.
48. A toxic aunt is that one aunt that ruins all the family gatherings.
49. Being a toxic aunt is all about the women who inspire jealousy and dread among their friends, families, and frenemies.
50. A toxic aunt is all about giving advice, especially when it comes to dating.
51. These toxic aunts come in different shades of crazy: the drunk aunt, the demanding aunt, the self-absorbed aunt. The best thing you can do is to keep your distance. It’s okay if they don’t like you.
52. The toxic aunt is the one who drops by unannounced at all hours of the day, lingers over wine glasses, and claims not to see you at family gatherings.
53. Toxic aunts are the reason we can’t have nice things. So how does a toxic aunt become toxic? It starts from within.
54. Toxic aunts can’t help it. They mess everything up for everyone in the family.
55. We often think of aunts as warm, caring, and thoughtful family members. But we’re not always right. Sometimes they’re toxic, too.
56. A toxic aunt is a woman who talks too much or too loudly at family gatherings, interrupts others, pokes her nose into conversations she’s not part of, and shames the efforts of others.
57. A toxic aunt is the type of person who interrupts others, pokes her nose into conversations she’s not part of, and shames the efforts of others.
58. A toxic aunt is a woman who talks too fast and aggressively dominates conversations. She often cuts others off and won’t let them finish their sentences.
59. Having a toxic aunt can mess up the mood at family gatherings, especially if she overstays her welcome and makes it awkward for everyone.
60. Your toxic aunt will speak loudly over you, make bigoted comments at family gatherings, and shames young women for exercising their democratic right to vote.
61. Toxic aunts are usually married to toxic uncles. Toxic aunts may also be your uncle’s wife, grandmother, or sister-in-law.
62. Do not let your toxic aunts ruin the holidays. If you have an evil aunt, make sure that you do not invite her to any holiday parties or gatherings. Even if she is your mom’s sister, start a new tradition of ignoring her.
63. A toxic aunt steals your boyfriend, she makes fun of you for being plus size, and this is how she celebrates your birthday: by sending you coffee filters that spell out “I’m sorry, I’m not sorry.”
64. Being a toxic aunt means not giving your niece and nephew everything they want—when they want it.
65. A toxic aunt throws shade, sparks drama, and starts fights.
66. If you’re one of these toxic aunts, you better stop spreading your negativity. But if you’re an amazing aunt, keep it up.
67. You’re better off without that toxic aunt in your life.
68. A toxic aunt is the aunt you absolutely dread spending time with. She’s the only one who makes you feel worse about yourself when you’re around her.
69. A toxic aunt’s vibes are like a drug—you cannot get enough of how awful she makes you feel.
70. A toxic aunt wears her toxicity like a badge of honour.
71. Bring her a drink that is just as toxic as she is at the next family function. It’s the least you can do.
72. Don’t be that toxic aunt that just wants to get drunk. Be the one who keeps the party going.
73. You know that one toxic aunt who steals the spotlight at family reunions. She brags about her kids, complains about how in shape she looks “despite having had two C-sections,” and insists on sharing all the wedding albums she’s made for her nieces.
74. A toxic aunt can’t stop talking about all the amazing things she’s accomplished and loves to complain about everything, from the cookies you brought to the ugly pictures of her family. She is also a bitter energy vampire that wants to steal your thunder.
75. A toxic aunt is the queen of personal digs, like mentioning your mom’s recent weight gain or how excited she is her sister-in-law is getting pregnant. She likes to shove a guilt trip on you (without acknowledging she’s doing it) by throwing out hints that you never visit or call often enough.
76. A toxic aunt may even complain about being single or mention your health problems, almost like she’s baiting you into asking what happened exactly. Then, if you fall for it, there’s no stopping her as she shares a laundry list of excuses for why she still hasn’t met anyone.
77. A toxic aunt is that narcissistic aunt who attended your wedding and used it to annoy everyone about how she can do whatever she likes because she’s the “firstborn girl.”
78. Braggy, nosy, and controlling. These are the qualities of a toxic aunt.
79. You know the aunts who force too many kisses on your toddler, pinch your niece’s chubby cheeks, and make crude comments about what an “adult” you’ve become? Yeah, those.
80. Don’t be a toxic aunt. If you’re going to give your niece an itchy sweater, make sure she returns the favour with a gift that’s just as bad.
81. Toxic aunts are the worst type of people.
82. A toxic aunt is a super sweet aunt, always giving out treats and spoiling her niece. But once she pushes you into a pool or ruins your birthday party, it’s time to cut her out of your life.
83. Dear toxic aunt, it’s never too late to change the way you treat your nieces and nephews.
84. I had a toxic aunt who was very manipulative. She would tell me how much she loved me, then turn around and criticize me for things I did.
85. My aunt was so controlling that she would give my parents money when I was growing up so that they would buy me clothes from her store instead of from another store.
86. I have a toxic aunt. She’s my mom’s sister. She’s always telling me that I’m fat, ugly, and stupid. She never lets me forget it either.
87. My best friend has a toxic aunt. All she does is yell at her and make her feel bad about herself.
88. My mother’s sister is the most toxic person I’ve ever met in my life. She’s negative and doesn’t want to see anyone happy.
89. My mom’s sister is so toxic. She always tries to put someone down for no reason at all.
90. My toxic aunt is the reason I can’t keep a plant alive. She’s the reason my car won’t start half the time. She’s the reason my hair is falling out, and my nails are broken. And she blames me for everything.
91. I’m not saying she’s a bad person. She just has some issues she needs to work on.
92. I don’t know what it is about her, but I feel like I can’t be myself around her.
93. I have a toxic aunt who is like a black hole. You give her your love, and she sucks it out of you, leaving you feeling empty.
94. She was my mother’s sister and was very much like her — self-centred, vain, and critical.
95. My aunt was a monster. She would give me a hard time about everything – my clothes, my looks, and every other thing I’m supposed to feel good about. I never felt good enough for her.
96. My toxic aunt is a very manipulative and bitter person. She has been emotionally abusing me since I was a child. Now that I’m an adult, she uses my mother against me.
97. She always manages to make me feel like it’s my fault. She makes fun of me, criticizes me, and tries to make me feel bad about myself.
98. My mother doesn’t stand up for me because she thinks it’ll upset my toxic aunt, but she doesn’t realize that her actions only make things worse.
99. Aunt, you are ruining the relationship with all of your family members and friends. Your toxic behaviour is not just bad for me; it’s also causing harm to everyone around you. Please stop.
100. My aunt talks badly about my enemies and friends. She enjoys gossiping and is a loud-mouthed person in general.
I hope you find the collection of toxic aunt quotes I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends.