Breaking up is never easy, especially when it’s unexpected or the relationship is long-term. It is a hard time when you have a breakup after giving your partner 5 years of your life. All you can feel at that moment is regret and full disappointment.
Breakups are sad. Sadder still is when they come after a long-term relationship with someone, usually a spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend. That’s when you realize that time can actually play a big part in your life. You thought you would have lots of time together, and suddenly, there’s a breakup!
The 5 years in the relationship is not a waste. You will be fine, but you must work hard on yourself and understand that you can’t keep doing things the way they used to be. Let go of your past and embrace the future with someone else who can give you what you want. These 5 year anniversary breakup quotes are truly inspiring and will help you move on.
5 Year Anniversary Breakup Quotes
It’s hard to remain positive after a breakup. You feel mixed up and can’t find the way out of your own darkness. But as soon as you get back on your feet, you’ll be amazed at how much better things await you!
1. You are not alone. Countless people in the world have experienced breakups, and you will get through this. I know it’s hard to keep going when you don’t see each other anymore, but life is too short to stay in a relationship that isn’t working.
2. You may have to wait a little longer for someone else, but you can never go wrong by being yourself. Love is all around you, and it’s always waiting for you when you’re ready to receive it.
3. The best way to move on isn’t always the easiest, but it’s worth it in the end.
4. It’s okay to feel sad. It’s normal to miss him, but don’t let his memory control you. You’re going to get through this and be okay.
5. The best way to get over someone is to find someone new. 5 years is a long time, but it’s never too late to love again.
6. It’s ok to take some time and get over the one who broke your heart. Just don’t give up on love, because if you do, love might just surprise you with a new him or her.
7. Breakups suck. But this breakup is for the best. Maybe you’ll meet someone who will give you all the love and support you’ve ever wanted.
8. It’s ok to feel sad, but don’t stay there. Get back up, be strong, and keep moving forward. Breakups are often times difficult, but they are not always forever.
9. It’s okay to feel hurt and angry when you’ve been in a relationship for 5 years. You deserve closure after all that time. But remember, it was never the one for you because he didn’t love you enough to be with you for a lifetime.
10. 5 years is a long time, but it’s not the end of the world. You will find new love & in no time, you’ll forget about him.
11. I know how it feels when you’ve been with someone for a long time, and they break up with you. Don’t give up on love because it’s not always going to be easy.
12. Even though it’s painful, you’ll be fine. You can’t live in the past or the future—you have to live in the present. Keep moving forward and learn from your mistakes.
13. You’ll always be loved. You deserve to be happy, even if it takes a little extra time to mend your broken heart and start again.
14. Remember, it’s not the end. The pain will fade, and a new beginning is what you need.
15. The best thing about breaking up is that it gives you a chance to meet someone new and find someone new who loves you just as much as you did.
16. It’s hard to face the end of a relationship. But with time, you will find that loss comes with some great gains.
17. A broken heart is an opportunity to grow, heal and feel. You have to look at love as a double-edged sword. It’s a constant growth process, and you must try again and again.
18. I’m sure you have found yourself in a time when your heart has been broken into a million pieces, and it feels like you are living under a cloud. But it isn’t the end; everything gets better. You will be fine one day.
19. Don’t let the years you wasted on a relationship leave you bitter and cynical. Instead, remember what they taught you & use it to make yourself a better person.
20. Your time together is not a waste. The relationship is over, and you have to move forward. Don’t be afraid. It will be ok!
21. A break-up is never easy, but it doesn’t mean that you should give up on love.
22. The 5 years of your relationship are not a waste. You will be fine, no matter what you are going through.
23. You will be fine. 5 years is not a waste of time, don’t ever forget that.
24. These trying times will pass. Never give up hope, and never lose faith. You’ll find the strength to be who you are again, and for all the right reasons.
25. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing; it’s about letting go and allowing yourself to move on.
Five Year Breakup Anniversary Quotes
It’s been five years since we’ve last seen eye to eye. It’s been a long time since to heal, but we have made it past the pain and started anew. Let’s keep pushing through the hard times and find love again.
26. The longer we go without talking, the harder it is to get over. I would wait for you if I could, but I need to move on with my life.
27. I still miss you, but the pain has dulled over time. I’ve learned to live with it and hope that someday, we can be happy together again.
28. It’s been 5 years since you broke up with me. You should have moved on by now. I do agree, but we still have something in common and a lot of memories from the past.
29. Five years is a long time to be without someone you once loved. But the time has come for you to move on and live your life.
30. Five years is a long time to be apart, but I still think about you, and it makes me sad. Time flew by so fast since we broke up. The passage of time is not going to heal your heart, though it can make it a little easier to forget. But you have to move on with your life.
31. It’s been five long years since we’ve been apart. We still have a lot of things to discuss, but now is the time for you to move on and live your life.
32. It’s been five years since the breakup. You should have moved on, but you haven’t. You shouldn’t keep holding on to each other, but you do because you don’t want to let go. Let go of each other and move on with your life.
33. It’s been five years since the breakup. You should have moved on. Don’t be a jerk or a loser!
34. It’s been five years since the end of your relationship. And you’re still holding on to his memory—and these anniversary cards. Don’t keep doing that to yourself, dear. Move on and find someone who loves you the way you deserve!
35. It’s been five years since the breakup. But it doesn’t mean you can’t find love again!
36. It’s been five years after the breakup, and you’re still waiting on him to get back in touch. Walk away; there may be another chance to love life again!
37. It’s been five years since the breakup. Forgive. Let go and find love again. Love is the answer to your prayers and the key to your heart.
38. Five years is a long time, and you both have changed in that time. The love you once felt has disappeared, but there is no need to hold on to the past. Make room for someone new in your life.
39. When I think back to when we first met, I remember how much it hurt to break up. Now it’s time to move on so you can find your true love.
40. You don’t have to be stuck in the past anymore. You, too, can find love again.
41. You’ve been through a lot, but that’s in the past. Life goes on, so forgive yourself and move on. You’re ready to move forward and be positive again.
42. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Every hour of every day is a new beginning and a chance to create new, positive experiences. You can have love, happiness and joy in your life once again.
43. Don’t let the past hold you back. Let it go. Then take the first step toward finding love again.
44. If you can learn to forgive, your love life will improve.
45. Five years have passed, and now it’s time to move on. Forgive yourself and others. Let go of what no longer serves you and let love in again.
46. Your heart still beats the same, but your life has changed. Five years later, I’m still in love with you, but now I know that it’s time to let go and find love again.
47. Five years is a long time. You can’t change the past, but the future is what you make it.
48. When you have finally realized that in life, there is no such thing as a second chance. It’s better to continue living and moving forward than to dwell on the past.
49. At first, it seems like the end of the world. But then you realize that life goes on, and all you have to do is go on living because life doesn’t stop.
50. It’s been five years since you and I fell in love. We tried so hard, but things just didn’t work out. It hurts to feel that way, but I have learned to forgive and move on.
5 years of togetherness is a milestone in every relationship. It’s something worth celebrating, but you had a breakup. No worries, though. It hurts. You loved someone for five long years, but now it’s over, and you feel like your heart will never mend. But, as they say, time is a great healer. And I hope that these 5 year anniversary breakup quotes will help you heal faster and be able to put things in perspective within no time.
Life gets tough sometimes. Having a breakup after 5 years is hard. It’s hard to figure things out when you don’t have any energy left, and all you can do is get by day by day. But every dark cloud has a silver lining, and that’s where you’re headed – to the light.