When you are in a long-term relationship, there are two things that you never want to hear: “I don’t love you anymore” or “I want to break up.” Those words are like a dagger to the heart. If you ever hear these words from your partner, you might not want to consider yourself lucky even though you’ve dodged a bullet that could have destroyed your life. The person who said them to you is probably a selfish person who doesn’t deserve you. Don’t feel bad if they are gone forever; they were never good for you anyway.
That being said, there are still many things to consider when it comes to breaking up with someone after six years of being together. It is never easy to call off a relationship. But when you have been in it for six years and have been thinking about it for a while, it becomes even more difficult. Your mind plays games with you and your heart just aches. It is not an easy thing to end a 6 year old relationship, but you will have to do it. It can be done civilly or the other person may become angry and hurtful.
If you want out of your relationship, then do what you need to do. If you are moving on with someone else, don’t be afraid to tell your current partner about it. Be honest and let them know how you feel about them as a person and about their role in your life. And both parties must be treated with respect when ending a relationship so that they can move on with their lives peacefully.
Below is a collection of 6 years relationship break up quotes that you can resonate with if you have or are currently going through this situation.
6 Years Relationship Break up Quotes
In a 6 years relationship break up, one of the most important things to do is to start thinking about yourself again. Even if you thought of your partner more than yourself before, it’s time to move on now. You’ve spent too long looking after a relationship that is over; it’s time to let go and focus on your life.
1. This is the end of your 6 years of relationship. No matter what, you need to be strong right now. When you worked hard to get together with a person, it’s time to say goodbye. However, even though you are in love with each other, sometimes it doesn’t work out as well as you think.
2. A breakup from a 6 years relationship is harder than you might expect. It takes time to get over someone and start a new chapter in your life, but with the right inspiration, motivation and insight it can be done.
3. A relationship is not something that you can force on yourself, it takes two willing people. If your partner does not want to be with you anymore, then it is time for you to move on, even if it’s after 6 years.
4. 6 years relationship break up, is all it takes to realize that you no longer love the person you once thought was your soulmate and they will never be able to give you a reason to change your mind.
5. For 6 years, you sacrifice so much to be with someone and after a while, you forget yourself. When the relationship ends, you are forced to remember your true self again.
6. 6-year old relationship break up is one of the most painful things in your life. If you are going through a breakup then do remember that everything happens for a reason and God has given you this pain to help you become a better person and build character.
7. 6 years relationship break up is a heartbreak that most people have to go through sometimes in life. Relationships are hard and seem even more difficult the longer you are in them. Like a marriage, 6 years relationship break up is hard to overcome and with time, it just becomes less of an option given how tired people get or how far apart they get in terms of expectations and needs.
8. When faced with a 6 years relationship break up, we all have to accept that some things are done and there’s nothing we can change. We should move on and focus on finding somebody new that will love us the same way our ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend did.
9. A 6-year relationship ended on a quiet, ordinary day. No fireworks, tears or dramatic scene. We simply grew apart and we gradually began to realize that there was no longer any real intimacy between us. We had become roommates.
10. A relationship that lasted almost six years, I did not think we would grow apart. We had a good bunch of times and bad moments, but we always got through it together. Looking back, I am glad that we lasted that long because it showed me how relationships could grow deeper over time.
11. 6 years relationship break up… Regardless of how the relationship ended, this is one thing we should never forget: You deserve to be happy.
12. It is not easy to part with a person with whom you were so close and with whom you shared the joys and sorrows of life for 6 years. It is hard now to see that you are heading for a different destination in life, and meeting someone else who will be important in your life now.
13. Breakups are always hard, but when they involve someone you love and have shared your life with, they can be devastating. Even if you know that it’s the right thing to do, it doesn’t make it any easier to end a relationship that has lasted for so long.
14. It’s not the lack of money, time, or inability to commit. It’s only because we are no longer in love with each other. We tried our best to make our 6 years of relationship work but we realized that we have been more just friends than lovers for quite some time now.
15. 6 years relationship break up is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do. I truly believe that anyone can get through it, but there are a few things you need to know before doing so. You see, no two break ups are alike and every relationship is unique. The same thing that caused your ex to leave is the same thing that will affect how long it takes for you to get over them.
16. It is not easy to have a 6 years relationship break up. Feelings and emotions can get the best of you as you try to pick up the pieces of your life again. You may think about your ex-partner for a long time and wish things could be different between you, but that does not mean he or she is going away or that you want them back. You should own up to what has happened and move on with your life instead of living in the past.
17. We have been together for six years, but all of a sudden we got separated. The reason? He was not happy with me and my job. The only thing that makes me sad is the fact that we had not had a fight in six years and this was the only thing he could say to make me realize that he did not love me anymore.
18. 6 years is a long time. That’s three thousand six hundred and sixty hours or one hundred and forty-four thousand minutes in total. I think that might be enough time to make up your mind if you want to be with someone for the rest of your life or not.
19. 6 years relationship is a long time! To realize the relationship is futile after 6 years of marriage is not easy. But you have to face this truth and admit to yourself that it’s over so that you can start your life anew, embrace new hopes and dreams, and find joy in life again. Love does not last forever, but we’re always able to find love again.
20. 6 years relationship break up is not uncommon. many couples have stayed together for a lot more years than you have and have been able to pull it off. But if you’re still in love with them, then would get back to them as soon as possible.
21. Moving on after a 6 years relationship break up is not easy. Some people get past it fast and some others don’t. But we need to understand that there is no right time or wrong time for moving on. What matters most is how you deal with the situation.
22. 6 years on, our relationship is coming to an end. It’s been amazing, but we have decided that we are better off as friends than together. We will always be great friends and hope you can understand why everything has to end this way. But don’t worry about us because either of us I know for sure the other is going to be fine without the other one.
23. I don’t know if you’re reading this or not, but I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you as a person and thank you for the 6 years that we spent together. I wish nothing but the best for you.
24. A 6-year relationship is a long one. The partnership goes through all kinds of ups and downs. Some couples manage to stay together throughout the good times, but unfortunately, not everyone can do that.
25. 6 years relationship break up. I remember when we were together, how bad I wanted to be with you, but now that you’re gone it hurts so much more than I thought it would. I miss the way you used to kiss me and make me feel like everything was going to be alright.
26. When I walked out of my relationship, I knew it was the right thing to do. It was heartbreaking, yet liberating, and now 6 years later, I’m stronger than ever.
27. I don’t know how to describe my 6-year-old relationship and how we broke up with each other. It’s not just a number and a passage of time, but it is an experience and feeling shared between two people.
28. I always trusted you, even when I shouldn’t have. You were my first love, and it was so perfect and beautiful but we can’t make it work anymore. We’ve tried so hard, but I just can’t do it anymore. This has to be the end of our 6-year-old relationship.
29. 6 years relationship break up is one of the most important moments in your life when you realize that it is no longer the time to be together and you will never be happy.
30. 6 years together and it’s over. You don’t know how to feel about it. You thought this was forever, but you were wrong. You don’t know what the future holds, but one thing is certain: you still love each other very much.
31. I am heartbroken and I don’t know what to do. We were together for 6 years, he was the love of my life but I guess he has found someone new and I am alone again. This is the worse feeling in my life.
32. When a relationship has been going on for 6 years, you have undoubtedly built up a strong sense of trust and mutual affection. But sometimes, after all that time together, one or both of you might feel bored and crave different things. And you’re probably familiar with how hard it is to end a long-term relationship.
33. After six years together, many couples decide that enough is enough. Whether they split up or get back together, both parties must accept the new realities of their lives.
34. I guess you were right. God did not want us to be together, he has shown me that in many ways because I have been thinking about us for a very long time. We have been apart for about 6 months and I never felt so happy in our 6 years relationship.
35. When you’ve been in a relationship for 6 years, you may find yourself getting comfortable and thinking that everything is going to work out fine. But sometimes life throws you a curve ball, and you find yourself having to adjust everything about your life. This can be extremely stressful, but if you take the time to go through it rationally and calmly, then things will eventually fall back into place.
36. When you’re in a relationship and it ends, it can feel natural to think that someone else would be better off with your ex. But remember that breakups are hard on everyone involved, and if a breakup is inevitable (which they often are), there are ways to leave on good terms while still being honest.
37. After your 6 years relationship has ended, you are going to experience loneliness and that is normal. You won’t know what to do with yourself and how to fill your time anymore. It’s easy to move on, but it takes some time to learn how to live again with just yourself.
38. Relationships are supposed to last forever, but sometimes people just aren’t meant to be together. Luckily, there are many other fish in the sea and love will find you again.
39. No matter how much you fight or argue, it is difficult to get over a person with whom you spent so much time. It takes a lot to get over a 6-year relationship.
40. My heart hurts and I don’t know what to do anymore. We have been together for 6 years and now it’s over. I think that it wasn’t meant to be, cause we weren’t happy at all. But I loved him with everything that I had and he did too but it just didn’t feel like it. We start to argue over the smallest things and then it would just go downhill after that. It feels like we were two ships passing in the night.
41. Unfortunately, I have to end our 6 years relationship. I am deeply sorry for all the pain I am causing you; however, it is time for me to move on with my life.
42. A good relationship is worth fighting for, and a bad relationship is worth ending even if it’s a 6-year relationship. Don’t let yourself be trapped in an unhappy relationship.
43. We have been through so many things together. We’ve both been to hell and back. The first time we broke up, I was happier than the day we started dating. Little did I know that this would all happen again in just over 6 years.
44. The 6 years relationship could have been great, with so much potential, if only you had known how to make it work, but now that your lover has ended it and you have no one to blame but yourself, don’t beat yourself up.
45. Six years of emotions and feelings that once existed, only to be shattered by distance and other factors. You were always so good at making me feel like I had everything I needed, but the truth is, you never did. How could you have, when you treated me badly for a long time?
46. I was raised to believe that love could overcome anything, but after so many attempts of trying to make my 6-year-old relationship work and countless hours spent talking about it with friends, family, and professionals, I have come to accept the fact that the only way to move forward is to separate from my wife.
47. There has always been a part of me that wishes things would have worked out differently, but I know that after 6 years, I have to move on and find someone who will love me as much as I deserve to be loved.
48. 6 years relationship break up, I don’t know if that is a myth or reality but I’ve just been through it. Heartbreak takes time to heal and sometimes you feel like the wound will never close, but with time and determination, it does heal.
49. No relationship lasts forever because everyone goes through a lot of changes. The problem with 6 years is these changes can be very big and you may lose sight of what made you happy in the first place.
50. A six-year relationship is like a 22-mile marathon. It’s not just about finishing, it’s about crossing the line with your head held high, knowing you gave it your best. But if it ends, it ends.
51. Our relationship was just too different. We were madly in love for the first 5 years but then things slowly changed. Your weird jokes started to annoy me, your loud shirts became unbearable and we had nothing to talk about anymore.
Hello there! I hope you felt relieved going through the collection of 6 years relationship break up quotes. Before you leave, please drop a comment and do well to share the post with others. Thank you.