Nobody likes to lose, we all enjoy winning. However, some are so competitive that they cannot stand losing or they find it hard to forgive themselves when they lose. But life is not always about winning, sometimes, we lose. It is not so much about when we lose though, it is how we handle that loss that makes us overcomers and victorious.
Now, sure, golf is just a sport and sometimes, if you are not playing in a major tournament, there might not be anything at stake. But like we already established, major tournament or not, nobody wants to lose. So, if you are having a bad day on the golf course, it can be a hard pill to swallow.
But just like losing certain things in life, it is not about losing but your response to it. And that’s what these quotes hope to do; help you see a new perspective and better handle a bad day on the golf course. And without further ado, let’s get into it; a bad day on the golf course quotes.
A Bad Day on the Golf Course Quotes
It can be a terrible thing to experience when your day is going bad on the golf course, but you gotta stay positive always. This is because not only will complaining about it make it worse, but it will also affect your day. Like some of the best quotes remind us, we need to always stay positive even in bad situations. That’s the only way you can get a clear head to get the eventual victory.
1. Bad golf days are like bad patients – they usually go away when you swing your club.
2. When you have a bad day on the golf course, just remember it will pass.
3. It’s okay to have a bad day on a golf course. There’s no shame in it!
4. Life is too short to whine about having a bad day on the golf course.
5. You can’t have a bad day on the golf course. You just hit it really really bad.
6. If you’re having a bad day on the golf course, try to remind yourself that your worst shot is better than someone else’s. It’s a cliché because it’s true.
7. A bad day on the golf course… you can’t fix it, but you can enjoy it.
8. Sometimes when you’re on the golf course, it seems like there is nothing but bad shots and bad days. But then you look up, and it’s all bad weather – and your putt is 30 feet away from the hole.
9. A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day anywhere else.
10. If you don’t have a good day on the golf course, it’s not your fault.
11. The only thing worse than having a bad day on the golf course is not having any day at the golf course.
12. It’s golf. There are a lot of bad days, but you need to get up, go to work and in the end, win it all.
13. The worst day on the golf course always feels like a good day when you’re done.
14. Sometimes it takes a bad day on the golf course to appreciate all the good ones.
15. It’s a bad day on a golf course when you can’t even get out of your own way.
16. You’ve never had a bad round of golf until you played a course with the wind.
17. You’ve got to keep coming back. The only thing more painful than missing a shot is hitting it in the middle of the fairway.
18. When you’re on the golf course, bad days happen. Your game doesn’t depend on their outcomes.
19. When you miss the ball, golf isn’t always fun. But when you miss the putt, it’s downright depressing.
20. A bad day on a golf course is better than a good day at work
21. Sometimes in golf, you get more than you bargained for.
22. When you’re playing a bad shot, it’s not the end of the world; it’s just the beginning of another good one.
23. It’s hard to be a golfer and smile when you’re in one of those “one of those days”.
24. I wish I could write a book about all the bad days I’ve had on this golf course.
25. Life is one long bad day on a golf course.
26. You’re not supposed to win every time you hit a shot. Just take it as another bad day on the golf course to learn.
27. Today on the golf course, I got off to a bad start and it’s been a struggle all day.
28. It is not a good feeling when the day goes wrong on the golf course.
29. There are no bad days on the golf course because you can always get a good one next time.
30. I was having a bad day on the golf course until I started playing some golf.
31. Sometimes your best golf shots and the worst days of your life happen on the same course.
32. When your golf game is on point, and then something happens that sets you back a bit.
33. When you hit a bad shot on the golf course and end up with a triple bogey, it’s not the end of the world. Just get back out there and knock one down.
34. It must be nice to play golf when you can’t even see the ball.
35. You always want to hit it just right, but sometimes you lose your ball in the rough.
36. There are days when the game feels like a battle and then there are days when it feels as if you’re playing with ghosts.
37. Golf is not a game of perfect shots. It’s a game of how long you can stay in the fairway, and how many times you can hit the ball out of it.
38. Golf is the only game where you can totally screw up and still win.
39. When you hit the ball in the woods, it’s a bad day on the golf course.
40. Golf is a game of mistakes, not perfection. You need to embrace that!
41. Nothing is as beautiful as a bad day on the golf course.
42. Sometimes, you get a bad break. Sometimes, the ball just goes in the rough. But most of the time, God is on your side and you just need to keep swinging, because sooner or later, He will get you where you want to go.
43. The most important shot is the one you almost take.
44. Having a bad day on the golf course will teach you a lot about life.
45. Trust me, you don’t always have a good day at the golf course. But you should find some peace and serenity in the striking of golf balls on a beautiful course.
46. If you’re having a bad day on the golf course and you’re thinking, “why me?” just remember: You’re on the right course with the right club.
47. As long as there are still some bad holes left, the day will never be over.
48. The best putt is the one you did not have to make.
49. Sometimes, the golf course is just a place to clear your head and find the fun things in life. It doesn’t matter if it’s not the best of days at the golf course.
50. It’s not about the score, it’s about the game.
51. The worst thing about having a bad day on the golf course is that you can’t go home and tell your wife how bad it was.
Hopefully, you found this post useful, whether you were looking for golf quotes in general or quotes describing having a bad day on the golf course.
Either way, let us know what you thought of these a bad day on the golf course quotes in the comments below.