A broken soul is alone and afraid. A broken soul is an elusive creature. It has been mangled by the harsh and unforgiving fists of life, and only through love can it be put back together. What do I mean by love — forgiveness, compassion, charity? Perhaps, all of these things.
A broken soul has had its heart closed off. It is a lonely place, alone with your thoughts and insecurities, when you feel like no one understands you. You want to break free from the torment of your mind and make the pain disappear. This can often lead to poor choices and destroying relationships with those who care about you. Through the guidance of a therapist and self-reflection, you can start to live again and find ways to help put the pieces of your life back together.
Broken soul quotes are perfect for those who suffer trauma and don’t feel good about themselves. Not only do broken hearts go through this, but people are involved in a divorce, the loss of an also loved one, and many other situations.
This collection of a broken soul quotes will make those whose souls have been broken see they aren’t alone in how they feel.
A Broken Soul Quotes
A broken soul can be complicated, as it will feel like your powers are reduced and your life is empty. You may lose interest in things you used to enjoy, become lethargic, or even be depressed. By seeking help, you may be able to regain some control over your life again.
1. When you have a broken soul, you are the one who will suffer from it. Make sure you do not let your sorrows absorb or destroy your life. You need to stop worrying and start practising how to love yourself.
2. Having a broken soul is like being trapped in a world of darkness, where nothing is meaningful, and life has no meaning. It hurts so much you can hardly breathe.
3. When you have a broken soul, you are trapped in a liminal space, unable to change your situation and adapt to the world around you. You feel stuck and incapable of making significant progress on your project or goal.
4. Sometimes, your soul gets broken, and the pain is not hidden. It comes down to deciding whether the risk is too significant or not.
5. Having a broken soul is like having a piece of your heart ripped out; they both feel like they’ll never heal.
6. Having a broken soul means you have lost the ability to feel. You are always numb and struggle with depression. You fight to get through each day, working very hard at being happy and finding the light again. But it doesn’t work… because your soul is broken.
7. Having a broken soul is the hardest thing you can experience. You know all this turmoil isn’t like you, but it’s there, and you can’t ignore it anymore.
8. Having a broken soul feels like a heavy burden you carry. It knows that no one understands how it feels to live with this pain on the inside, even if they can relate. You feel alone, even when surrounded by people trying their best to help.
9. It is a pain that makes you feel like you have lost something. Something that is so much a part of you that without it, you don’t feel like yourself at all. It’s an emptiness where something should be. Something that gives us confidence, purpose and joy. When broken, our souls are no longer in harmony with each other or our higher selves.
10. Being broken and hurting is feeling completely helpless and desperate. You don’t know how to fix yourself, and no one can explain what happened to you.
11. Having a broken soul is like looking at the world through dirty windows. The air feels more polluted, and the scenery is distorted. The worst part? We can’t see through it.
12. The feeling of having a broken soul is like a shipwreck, you’re lost at sea, but there are no signs of land. The waves crash over you, threatening to devour you whole. But it’s not your destiny to die on the sea. It will never be your destiny to die on the sea.
13. Having a broken soul is like being a living dead. It makes you feel empty inside, as if an alien kidnapped your feelings and emotions, taking them with it. It’s hard to trust anyone again after they have shattered your trust, destroyed your happiness and left you bleeding on the floor.
14. The feeling of having a broken soul is so horrible and deep. You want to lock yourself in a room and never come out again. You want to find something or someone to take away the pain.
15. When a person’s soul is broken enough, they find themselves in a downward spiral of depression, hopelessness and emptiness.
16. Broken souls are full of cracks and tears, waiting to be healed. Having a broken soul is like being a piece of pottery waiting to be fixed so it can be used again. Sometimes people with broken souls get stuck and don’t know how to fix them; they are still as fragile and easily breakable as before.
17. That feeling when a part of you is missing, the absence of something. The only thing that makes you feel like there’s a piece missing from your soul is when it breaks.
18. Having a broken soul is like being a prisoner in your own mind. You can’t escape because you are surrounded by the fog of sadness that covers everything. It’s like living in a bottomless pit with no way out.
19. Having a broken soul means that someone or something else has taken power away from you. You feel trapped and hopeless, and the world seems like a prison or a place to be avoided. You feel empty inside, like there is no meaning to life.
20. Having a broken soul is an intangible pain; like every pain, it has no cure. Since no feeling can bring back your life, you are only left with the pain of losing it.
21. Broken souls exist. You can see it, feel it, and experience it. It is not a gift that brings joy or love. It’s a debilitating disease that kills hope and leaves one empty inside.
22. Having a broken soul is like being naked. You feel vulnerable and exposed, but you also feel the urge to allow others to see the real you.
23. There is nothing like having a broken soul. It feels as though there is no end to the pain and anguish. You try to keep it together, but everything eventually falls apart.
24. Being broken means constantly feeling lonely and afraid to let anyone in. It means carrying a thousand secrets, the tears of infinite sad stories, and fears that never go away.
25. Having a broken soul is like having a broken leg, but it doesn’t heal. Or it’s like having a broken heart, but the scars never fade away, and you can never move on.
26. Having a broken soul is not easy because it’s a condition that people seldom want. Why? Because a broken soul comes with many side effects, the most common of which are depression, emptiness and grief. Being not able to find yourself can also be one of its symptoms.
27. Having a broken soul is an invisible storm, a rollercoaster ride of emotions. It feels like you’re dead inside but alive on the outside when really your just hiding from life. You never feel safe, even in your own bed. It’s not about making sense of it all. It’s about finding a way to cope with it all and understanding that pain makes you stronger.
28. Having a broken soul is like trying to survive while your heart has been shattered into a million pieces. You feel trapped in a dark place that no one can see except other broken souls. When it’s sunny outside, the birds are chirping, and everyone is happy, you feel like the saddest person on the planet because all those things are meaningless to you.
29. Having a broken soul is the worst feeling in the world because you are so full of hate that you want to destroy everything. Yet, simultaneously, you are so full of love and happiness that you’d give your life to protect that which you cherish most.
30. Having your soul broken can be incredibly painful. It can feel as though you are being destroyed from the inside out. Your sense of self, strength, and hope starts to vanish with every harsh word uttered by an inconsiderate person who has completely lost their ability to empathize with you.
31. It feels like a heavy weight dragging you down. You have that feeling in your stomach that makes you want to improve yourself, but you’re not sure where to begin because your heart has hurt and broken.
32. A broken soul feels like you’re being pulled in multiple directions at once, and you can’t figure out why. You feel you need to give up but don’t know how. You feel alone even though you aren’t by yourself more than anyone else. There are days when everything is going right, but then there are days when nothing goes right.
33. A broken soul is a person whose soul is exhausted, lost and destroyed. They are unable to be at peace and calm. A broken soul can not concentrate on anything else but the fact that they have a broken soul. They feel like they will never be able to live normally or be happy again until they find a way to get rid of their broken soul.
34. A broken soul cannot be fixed with a bandage. It is something that requires medical attention as soon as possible to ease the struggles they face.
35. To have a broken soul is to experience a loss of meaning in life due to physical or emotional trauma. When faced with tragedy or pain, our spiritual selves are damaged, and we no longer feel that the world is meaningful. We feel frustrated and angry that things don’t work out as we expect them to. We can’t control our circumstances, but this doesn’t mean we should give up on pursuing our dreams and goals.
36. Broken soul is not something you can easily explain to someone who has never had one. It is like having a layer of ice on your spirit, slowly killing it. It is the feeling of being lost. The feeling of being surrounded by people that refuse to accept that you have this soul-destroying disease. Even when you try to be normal and live life like everyone else, they will always remind you of what a monster you are.
37. It feels like you have been abandoned by life and that everything is left behind. It creates a feeling of emptiness and disconnection from others. It is difficult to express but even harder to live with. The pain does not go away and becomes duller over time.
38. You know how it feels to have a broken soul from the inside. You can’t imagine how it feels to see it from the outside. When you see someone with a broken soul, you see a person struggling internally and externally.
39. A broken soul is a person that’s regularly depressed. Various issues, such as heartache, loneliness, drug or alcohol abuse, or job troubles, can cause depression.
40. Having a broken soul doesn’t necessarily mean that you have been through terrible things. It also doesn’t mean that you are a failure as a society. But it does mean that you could get help, and there is nothing to be ashamed of when seeking help.
41. Having a broken soul is like living with the plague; it makes you feel tainted and alone.
42. Having a broken soul is like living with a cold; you always feel weak, and when you’re alone, you never feel right.
43. A broken soul is like a rash you can’t seem to get rid of. Leaving you accompanied by loneliness.
44. A broken soul is a dangerous thing. It can break you apart and make you feel hopeless. It can make you feel that no one cares about you. When that happens, you need to realize that there are people who will always be there for you and cheer you on, no matter what happens.
45. Your life’s purpose has been stolen from you. It feels as if your soul has been damaged beyond repair. Your brokenness starts to spread, and it seems like the world around you is starting to crumble.
46. It’s like having a broken heart, but it feels like the worst pain. You don’t know how to explain it, and even when you look at other people around you, everything seems so perfect and happy, but for you? Your life is a mess, and nothing seems to be getting better.
47. Having a broken soul feels like never being able to love again. It feels like pain, guilt, sadness and hopelessness. It feels like remorse and regret.
48. Broken soul is a condition in which your soul has been broken. It can happen when you’ve lost someone extremely important to you or when you have lost your self-esteem. Either way, a broken soul can take over your life and make it seem like there’s no point in fighting.
49. Having a broken soul can be devastating. Most of us don’t think about our souls until something traumatic happens. We don’t want to deal with it because it feels like an attack on our identity.
50. Having a broken soul can lead to a feeling of hopelessness because it’s hard to imagine anything getting better if your inner child was constantly violated or neglected as an adult. It might feel like nothing will ever make sense again, but with enough time and support, you can begin to repair this part of yourself.
51. Having a broken soul can make you feel completely helpless. When you’re grieving, and it feels like you’ll never be able to come out of it, know that you will find one day. Your heart may ache every day, and your head may feel heavy, but eventually, it won’t hurt as much — even if only for brief periods of time.
52. Having a broken soul is the most terrible feeling ever. You feel empty inside and don’t even try to fight it because you know it won’t help. You want to get rid of this sadness, but you can’t because it’s part of who you are now.
53. To have a broken soul is like living in hell. The one who has it feels that he or she does not matter anymore, their own needs are not important, their own health is not necessary, neither the future nor past, nothing matters because there is no meaning in life if you’re alone soul aches.
54. It feels like your heart is bleeding. You are depressed and upset and feel like you have lost all hope. With a broken soul, it is hard for you to move on and feel good about yourself and life.
55. A broken soul is an entity that has lost its essence, which is felt when a person hears the sound of their soul breaking. It can also be described as the sensation of something inside their body falling apart in many pieces, like an earthquake. The loss of one’s essence can have physical repercussions.
56. You might mistake it for simply having a bad day. But deep down, you know better. Your soul is broken. You’re not at peace with yourself or the world around you. And no therapy or medication will ever heal that hole inside you.
57. A broken soul is an eternal state. It does not just go away; you carry it with you for the rest of your life, perhaps even longer.
58. You feel like you are being pulled in different directions with no way to escape. You know that nothing can be done about your broken soul, but you don’t want to lose the people you love by trying to escape it.
59. Having a broken soul can feel like millions of needles poking at you, something that I’m sure you would never want to experience. The pain comes in waves, intensifying as the seconds’ pass, taking over your whole body and mind until you feel like there is no way out.
60. Having a broken soul is like having a permanent case of wind on a hot day. It heats in your lungs and the burning sensation in your throat, sweat pouring down your face, and your fingers becoming numb as they clench around your cane. Sometimes you might feel so much pain that you lose focus and think, “It can’t get any worse than this.”
61. Having a broken soul is like having a cold you can’t ever seem to get rid of. You feel it in your bones, and no amount of medicine seems enough to take away that ache.
62. Having a broken soul is like having a hole in your heart but not realizing it until it’s too late. It’s like walking with a limp, thinking you’re okay, but then one day, you realize something’s off. A broken soul is living life but feeling dead inside.
63. When you have a broken soul, it hurts more than anything else. It leaves your insides rusted, and your outsides cracked, dented and dark. It feels like an anchor dragging down every fibre of your being, keeping you stuck beneath the surface of life even when everyone sees you as strong and thriving, full of light.
64. A broken soul is like a disease. You can no longer heal yourself because you’re already dead inside. You may not be able to see it in the mirror, but your physical body is slowly decaying. No matter how hard you try to fake it and pretend everything is fine. At some level, the truth will surface, eventually.
65. Having a broken soul is like feeling like you are constantly flammable liquid; every time you talk to someone, they pour gasoline on your head and light it up. You repeatedly die while they stand back in awe of the fire. You don’t know how to shine anymore because you feel the heat from where you were burned too many times.
66. Having a broken soul is to live in pain. To be imprisoned in your own mind. It’s to be stuck with nowhere to go, no one to turn to, and no hope of being anything else but broken.
67. How does it feel when you have a broken soul? The pain is overwhelming and spreads throughout your whole body. Sometimes you can feel the agony so profoundly that it takes over your life, leaving you feeling trapped and alone. That is the true feeling of having a broken soul.
68. Having a broken soul is like having a missing limb. You will never get used to it, and you always feel the constant reminder that part of you is missing. The jagged edges of your broken soul stab at you when you least expect it.
69. Having a broken soul is like grieving and then grieving again, over and over, because you never forget. You feel betrayed by your own mind, by yourself. It’s lonely because it’s hard for anyone to understand what you’re going through. But above all, it makes you feel like a burden–so much so that when the people who say they love you don’t get it, you start believing it yourself.
70. When you have a broken soul, you feel the world’s weight on your shoulders. You feel alone in a crowd full of people or alone in a crowd full of company. You feel that your life is unimportant and everything is pointless and meaningless.
71. Having a broken soul is like walking on water but falling into the ocean. It’s a sinking feeling, and you have no control over your own emotions because the loneliness that comes with the pain of having a broken soul takes away your ability to think clearly.
72. When we have a broken soul, we feel alone, confused and lost. This is why when we are in this state of mind, it is crucial that we get the help of others to realize that there is hope for us to get better.
73. This feeling of being broken is one that I know all too well. It’s the sense that no one can help you, and you will never be whole again. It’s a sadness that cripples you physically and mentally, decreasing your productivity and causing the quality of your life to diminish each day until there seems to be no point in living anymore.
74. Having a broken soul can simultaneously be a blessing and a curse. It makes it easier to know that you are not alone in your journey, but at the same time, it can also make you feel like no one can understand what you’ve been through or how hard it is to go on every day.
75. It feels like something is missing inside of you. It feels like you are far from being whole. It feels that something isn’t quite right, but you can’t put your finger on it. You feel like a stranger to yourself and the world around you. There’s a constant feeling of being lost even though you are surrounded by people who love and care about you.
76. It is hard to describe how it feels to have a broken soul. It is not a physical illness that can be diagnosed but something that can only be felt if you suffer.
77. It is the feeling you get when you know something is wrong with you that isn’t fixable; it feels like your soul has been broken into pieces and can never be put back together again. It causes intense pain, loneliness and emptiness that you feel like you are drowning in, even though no one around you can see what it’s like to have a broken soul.
78. Having a broken soul is like being trapped in someone else’s battle. My wounds are still fresh, some are beginning to heal, but most of them feel as if they’re never going to heal.
79. Every day, I feel this empty void that I can’t describe; it’s a deep depression, like an empty hole where your heart should be. My soul is broken, and every day it hurts more than the day before.
80. After your soul breaks, you will feel like a tree trunk lying on a desolate road. You can do nothing but wait for someone to come and help pick you up so you can stand up again.
81. A broken soul is someone whose pride, hope, and ideals have been shattered due to great tragedy. Losing one’s youth, vitality, and identity can also cause individuals to feel this way.
82. Having a broken soul is like having a ball of lead in your stomach. You’re tired, miserable, and tired of being tired. Life can get so overwhelming when you feel this way that you don’t even want to wake up in the morning. If you let yourself stay down long enough, it will kill you.
83. How it feels to have a broken soul is like walking through life with a hundred people in the room but only being able to see yourself. You can hear their voices, you can draw from their strength of them when you are down and out, and you feel uplifted when they tell you that everything is going to be okay. But no matter how strong you think they are, they’re still not there, so it’s your job to pretend that they are, and it hurts all the time.
84. It’s a lonely feeling, bringing all your insecurities to the surface. It’s like you can’t control what happens inside your head. Sometimes it feels like you might never be whole again.
85. A broken soul is an identity in disarray. You may be struggling to keep your head above water, or you may wonder what it would be like if you had a best friend in a world that often feels like it is upside down. A broken soul can feel alone, misunderstood and hopeless.
86. A broken soul’s physical and emotional aches can be painful. Even though you will never fully heal, there is hope and healing with time and patience.
87. A broken soul feels like a dark cloud is always over your head. You feel hurt, and inside you’re dying. It’s like you’re in a black hole that has no end. It feels like there is no way out, and no one can save you.
88. It’s the feeling of hatred and being alone. It’s talking to yourself because no one else will listen. It’s hoping but expecting failure. Being so alone makes you feel like everyone around you can see your soul floating just outside your skin.
89. When your soul is broken, things don’t seem to matter anymore. You become numb, and even though you are alive, you feel that death would be better.
90. Having a broken soul is like walking through a field of darkness, in which you cannot see the broken path ahead. You do not know where to go next, what will happen or what will befall you at every corner.
91. It is amazing to think that we have one soul; when it gets broken, it never gets fixed. It feels like a little part of us disappears every time we get hurt, but it keeps getting replaced by something new and fresh.
92. It’s not just that your soul is broken. It’s the fact that it happened so quickly. And suddenly, you wonder how you could go on with a broken soul.
93. A broken soul doesn’t feel anything. The heart can only take so much, and eventually, it begins to hibernate. A person with a broken soul becomes numb and isolated from other people.
94. Having a broken soul is like wearing a mask always, smiling when you want to cry, crying when you want to laugh, and laughing when you want to scream.
95. Having a broken soul is a feeling. You can’t see it, but you sure can recognize it. It’s like someone closed a door and locked you outside without letting you in. You look for an explanation or a reason why, but there isn’t one. You blow in the wind and have no anchor to hold onto.
96. The pain of having a broken soul is out of this world. It carries you to the deepest corners of your subconscious and forces you to face things that you never knew were there. You feel like you will never be happy again and want everything to stop. You want a slap on the face so bad that it can wake you up from this nightmare.
97. There is no single definition of a broken soul, yet it is something you somehow recognize when you see it. It is a sucking feeling of emptiness that is almost impossible to describe.
98. A broken soul leaves you with a piece missing in your heart. You feel empty, alone and completely lost. It’s like an empty space inside of you, a void that is unfulfilled and never content.
99. Having a broken soul is like being blind in the rain. It feels like a thousand needles pierce through my body whenever I try to walk. Sometimes it feels like it’s snowing inside me. Sometimes it feels like I have caught fire but haven’t realized it yet.
100. Having a broken soul is like carrying a heavy weight with you everywhere. You know you’re not carrying it, but it still seems to be there. You can’t see or touch it, but you know it’s there.
Hello there. I hope this meets you well. How did you feel about going through the collection of a broken soul quotes up there? Please, provide an answer in the comment section. Don’t forget to tell others about this post. Thank you.