The meaning of being an adult comes in different forms. For some, it’s graduating college; for others, it’s getting married; for others still, it’s their first kid.
There are all these events people say to make you into an adult, but I’ve realized that acting like an adult is something everyone can improve upon.
Growing up doesn’t happen overnight – or at the same rate for everyone – but the characteristics of a grown-up are ones that we can strive towards as we age and learn more about ourselves and this world we live in.
Here are amazing act like a grown-up quotes and sayings to know what it means to act like a grown-up.
Act Like an Adult Quotes
Adulting is like a video series and movement where we laugh at the unique challenges of being an adult. It isn’t about what’s wrong with the world today; this is about celebrating and learning from our experiences.
1. Don’t be a baby and check your phone at the table. Be an adult, read a book in public.
2. Being an adult is hard. Maybe the hardest thing you’ll ever do. But don’t worry, you’re not alone in the journey.
3. When you have a roommate, laundry is a shared responsibility.
4. Adulting is a lifestyle that allows you to become the best version of yourself. It’s about taking care of your soul, your health, and your relationships with friends and family.
5. Being an adult is great until you realize all your best decisions aren’t made when you’re drunk at 2 am.
6. Adulting: It’s a journey, not a destination.
7. Adulting is a journey none of us looks forward to, but we discover our inner greatness along the way.
8. Nothing’s more fun than playing and exploring. But having some responsibility while you do it will give you an advantage in life.
9. Being an adult isn’t about the things—it’s about the choices.
10. I’m so adult that I can pay my rent but still eat cereal for dinner when I want to.
11. Don’t worry about being a grown-up. You will become one soon enough.”
12. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should—but don’t feel bad for trying.
13. Being an adult: it’s something that you work hard to achieve, but it’s also something you have to learn how to live with.
14. Sometimes, being an adult means putting away childish things. Other times it means keeping them around to remind you that everyone is just a kid at heart.
15. Being an adult feels like taking on more responsibility every day. That’s not a bad thing, just a different one.
16. Being a grown-up isn’t just about paying bills and balancing budgets. It’s also about what you do with your time.
17. Saying goodbye to your 20s is like saying goodbye to being a kid.
18. You can take the kiddo out of the adult, but you will never take that unruly inner child out of the adult.
19. No matter how old you are, it’s never too late to start acting like a grown-up.
20. There’s more to being an adult than having a full-time job and a mortgage. Could you keep it simple, stable, and have fun?
21. You can’t get a job, pay the bills, or grow up until you stop pretending you don’t need to.
22. Being an adult is hard, but you’re doing a good job.
23. You can’t move into your apartment and expect to live like a college student.
24. Asking a bartender to make complicated and expensive drinks is not an act of adulthood. Ask for tea instead.
25. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you have to act like one.
26. You don’t have to be an adult to act like one.
27. Developing financial habits once considered boring is the secret to adulthood.
28. Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you have to act like one.
Best Quotes About Acting Like a Grown-up
You’re old enough to vote, you know where your towel is, and you don’t have a curfew. You can put away the toys. You are officially grown up.
29. Acting like a grown-up is as easy as spending an afternoon in the garden.
30. It’s not easy to change who you are, but when you brush your teeth before bed and wash your face in the shower, you’re doing a grow-up thing.
31. Don’t spend all your time making money. Spend some time making memories.
32. Act like a grown-up, and people will treat you like one.
33. The secret to being a grown-up is to act as if you already are one.
34. Worried about growing up? Don’t be. Why act like a grown-up when you can be one.
35. I’m not a kid anymore. Thinking about “adult problems” like money and safe sex makes me feel pretty grown-up.
36. Grown-ups don’t have time to take pictures of their coffee. They drink it.
37. Don’t be afraid to be that guy. It’s more fun than acting like an emoji.
38. We can’t all be youngsters, but that doesn’t mean we have to act like old folk. Remember, we are all still learning during adulthood. It’s okay to make mistakes—because you’ll always learn something new and grow as a person every time you fall.
39. Don’t be afraid to take on tedious tasks. Just do it—you can watch TV while you’re doing laundry, which is a much more grown-up activity than watching TV.
40. I know I’m growing up when my favourite movies now have subtitles.
41. Maturity is the ability to feel comfortable with who you are and to have a perspective on your life that sustains you enough to handle whatever comes.
41. The hardest part about growing up isn’t growing into one’s tastes—it’s facing the realization that your parents were right for the first 18 years of your life.
42. Being a grown-up doesn’t mean putting away your dreams and settling for a boring life. Embrace who you are and embrace your dreams to live a happy life truly.
43. The hardest part of growing up is finding out who you are when no one else tells you.
44. Work hard in silence; let your success be your noise.
45. The hardest part of growing up as an adult is treating yourself like a kid again.
46. The most difficult part of growing up is finding a job that will pay for all the jeans you’ll want to buy when you’re older.
47. Growing up is hard, but growing up with acne is even harder.
48. Growing up isn’t a walk in the park. It’s a marathon of epic proportions—with many blisters and sprained ankles.
49. There’s a fine line between being an adult and being embarrassingly childish.
50. When you were a kid, you thought the world revolved around you. And then, one day, you realize it’s not just happening inside your head.
51. Life is not supposed to be easy; it should be fun.
52. To be a grown-up, you have to know how to pick up after yourself. In your home, work, and world.
53. Being a grown-up isn’t just knowing how to pick up after yourself. It’s also about taking care of others and making the world a better place.
54. You’re a grown-up, and part of that means having to keep your space clean. It isn’t always fun, but it’s a part of life when you grow up.
55. Act your age, not your shoe size. Now that you’re a grown-up, it’s time to act the part.
56. Life gets more fun when you act your age. Don’t be afraid to act like a grown-up and eat your veggies.
57. To be a grown-up is to do chores. You’re an adult! Act like one.
58. You have got to know how to do right by the people in your life: family, friends, colleagues, and even strangers.
It’s hard to be a grown-up. It means doing stuff you don’t want to do and not doing stuff you want to do. Grown-ups are held to higher standards.
That being said, it can be really fun if you let it. Yeah, there’ll be bumps in the road and great days too. Just try and focus on the good stuff.
Many people will tell you growing up is the hardest thing to do. But it comes down to one simple thing: you’re an adult now, so act like one.
If you want some advice, though, these act like grown-up quotes and sayings are a pretty good place to start.
And don’t forget to share this post with friends and loved ones.