Aim small, miss small. People spend a lot of time thinking about their big goals and aspirations. It’s good to set big goals. But often those big goals are intimidating and that can stop people from taking action. Aim small miss small. It’s all about how you look at something. If you set a small goal but give it your full-on effort, it’s still a success. Everyone likes to aim high but not everyone starts at the top. Whatever anyone’s goal is, it takes time, effort and sometimes even failure to get there.
It is important to understand that all things cannot suddenly be achieved overnight. If you are aiming for a long-term goal, keep yourself motivated and inspired as this can help you stay on track throughout your journey. You’ve probably heard this small business cliche used time and time again by countless entrepreneurs, but have you ever actually stopped to think about what it means? And I mean really stop and think about it. It’s not a short statement that has only one interpretation. When read slowly, it actually gives several insights into success and failure in business.
Aim small miss small is a saying that means if you have a goal that is too high, you will have missed the target. Try not to set your goals too high. Do what you can, even if it is a little at a time. If you set yourself a lower goal and miss it, at least you know you tried and tried again. This post shares powerful quotes on aiming for your dreams and facing adversity along the way through words of wisdom from aim small miss small quotes and sayings. If you need some motivation to push ahead in your career, personal relationships or life as a whole, this list of quotes and sayings is sure to help.
Aim Small Miss Small Quotes
The greatest glory in living lies not in falling, but in rising every time we fall. Giving up should not even be an option, what makes one successful in life is setting goals and doing all it takes to achieve them. So, aim to never give up in life.
1. Always aim for the stars; if you miss, you’ll land on the moon.
2. Aim high enough so that even if you fall short, you will still be at a higher level than before.
3. It always seems impossible until it’s done. Aim high and dream big!
4. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
5. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
6. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.
7. If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.
8. Aim at the sun and you may not reach it, but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.
9. It’s not how big you are, it’s how big you play. Aim high and fly high to get it.
10. If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to meet it!
11. Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
12. If at first, you don’t succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
13. If at first, you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried… And try again.
14. We have to be a little patient. We have to aim for the stars, but sometimes we can’t hit them, so we land on the moon.
15. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
16. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
17. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
18. I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.
19. It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.
20. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
21. Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.
22. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
23. A ship in harbour is safe — but that is not what ships are for.
24. Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it, but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.
25. Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.
26. Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
27. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make you a far happier and more productive person.
28. The mistake that people make is that they go for the big bang instead of aiming for slow growth over time.
29. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
30. Don’t be pushed by your problems; be led by your dreams.
31. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
32. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
33. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up again that counts!
34. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
35. When aiming for the common denominator, be prepared for the occasional division by zero.
36. I never really look for anything. What God throws my way comes. I wake up in the morning and whichever way God turns my feet, I go.
37. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.
38. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
39. It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task that, more than anything else, will affect its outcome.
40. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
41. Never go back to the old way when you can go forward with something better.
42. Aiming at nothing is a dangerous undertaking. The Japanese archer learns to shoot for a target so small that it may be only one inch in diameter, and he does this by working up to it from ever-larger ones. After a thousand shots or so his aim is true enough not to need even the smallest possible target; some say that he learns actually to aim at nothing. – Bruce Lee
43. When you aim for something, you are more likely to be successful than when you just let things happen.
44. In life, you have to aim small before you can aim big.
45. With limited resources and unlimited plans, set small goals.
46. If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.
47. If you don’t aim for the stars, you’ll never get off the ground.
48. The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.
49. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you!
50. Whatever you believe, remember that if it’s really in your heart and if you truly believe in it, then there is nothing that should stop you!
Aim small miss small is great life advice that is applicable to every field of life. Aiming big will most certainly help you to achieve your biggest dreams. In the same vein, having faith in yourself will always give you the confidence to go for it. To be successful in any field of life, you have to be confident about the goals and targets you have set for yourself and go for them without hesitation.
Achievers have long subscribed to this aim small miss small quotes, as it provides a sense of comfort that one need not attain that elusive goal quite yet. There is nothing wrong with aiming small because we all have to start somewhere remember? You can start with something small and once you are on your feet again plan for something bigger. Keep yourself focused so that regardless of what happens you know you did the right thing.