I hate disrespect, and I’m not alone on this one. If you love disrespect, put your hands up? No hands? You get my point now.
Respect is important in any relationship, whether it’s between parents and children, between siblings, between friends, colleagues or lovers. If the other person respects you, they will treat you better.
Everyone wants to feel respected and enjoy the sweet treatment that comes from being respected, so no one should feel guilty about demanding respect. Sometimes, that is all we want from people, all we ask them for. If you want it and it is not being given to you, demand it with pride.
Now, I don’t know what you need quotes to ask for respect for, but I know you will find one here that’s good for you, no matter what you’re trying to communicate in your statement or whom you want to reach out to.
So jump in, go through these quotes, select the one you love or that fits what you need and go on to ask for the respect you deserve!
All I Ask Is Respect Quotes
I have loved you for years now, but it feels like I have known you all my life. You are everything to me but the truth is that I am not happy with the way you treat me and our relationship. You said it yourself that “to love someone means to respect them”, and that’s all I ask for.
1. You just don’t show me the respect I deserve. I know what I want, and that’s your respect and love. Because if you can’t give me both of those things, then we won’t work out.
2. I would like to express my feelings. Please accept me the way I am, and please respect me, always and forever. All I want from our relationship is to be respected. Respect my choice. Respect me! Don’t try to change anything about who I am.
3. Being the girlfriend of someone who disrespects me makes me unhappy with myself and life in general. All I am asking for is your respect. Please, let’s make this work because I love you.
4. I loved you and was willing to risk everything for you. I stayed with you while you cried yourself to sleep over your ex and called her more times than I care to count. But hurting and abusing me is a line even I won’t cross, so how about we go our separate ways and leave on good terms?
5. I will always want to feel respected, so all I’m asking for is your respect. The fact that you hardly ever give me the same courtesy makes me feel used and empty inside. I want to break up because I do not think we are compatible. I wish you the best of luck in every aspect of life, but as far as my heart is concerned, it will never be yours.
6. I love you, and I want to be the best that I can be for you. But I don’t feel like you respect me. Part of this is me because I know that I need to better tell you how I feel and what I want. That’s something we’ll work on together. Part of this is about you, though, because it seems like you don’t treat other people with respect when they are trying to talk to you about something that concerns them.
7. I need respect. I don’t think it’s too much to ask. Respect is the main thing that has been missing from our relationship. I get respect from you, and I’ll be happier to be with you.
8. Okay, I don’t like being treated like dirt, being disrespected, so if you have a problem with something, you can tell me instead of thinking that picking a fight is gonna solve the situation. Please be kind to my feelings and respect me!
9. I want you to know that I love you very much, And believe me when I say that if I’ve hurt your feelings, it wasn’t my intention. I’m just asking for your respect back, and then we can move on with our relationship as before.
10. You said you care a lot, and I know you do. The small things matter to me, so please handle my feelings with care. I want to feel respected, and you are the one whom I want the most respect from.
11. Excuse me, but I can feel myself walking away. Before you think you have the right to feel insulted, let me remind you that it is never okay to talk down to someone. If we are going to work out, then I need to know you will always respect me, no matter what happens. I know this may be extremely difficult for you to understand, so I’ll patiently wait for that day to come when you realize the error in your ways.
12. I am losing respect for you because we can’t ever get along. I feel like I’m always fighting my parents, teachers and now my girlfriend. Either you respect me and listen to what I have to say, or this will never work out.
13. I don’t know why you have to act so disrespectfully towards me, but I’m asking you to please just respect me as a person. You may not love me, but I don’t treat you that way. I wish you would stop being so mean and speak to me like a human being! That’s all I ask!
14. I don’t want to be a convenience around your schedule. If you can’t make time for me, then maybe we belong in different places and spaces. As important as my time is to me, it’s even more important that I have time for someone who has it all together or trying their best at it, who values time together and respects me as a priority in their life.
15. I love you, too. And I want to be happy, so please find a way to respect me. At least then we’ll have something. Plus, we’ll have a happier me and healthier relationship.
16. Respect me. Respect what I believe in. Respect that I am not someone who will ever settle for less than I deserve. I just need to know that no matter what you choose, where we end up in our lives, and whom we choose to surround ourselves with, you will always respect the person I have become from those experiences. Only then will I be able to be happy and move forward with you.
17. I can accept being ignored, even if it hurts me. What I won’t accept is the way you talk to me. Treating me like I’m stupid or belittling my opinions. I know you don’t consider my feelings very often, and that’s not great. You know how much respect I always have for you, so all I’m asking for is some respect in return.
18. I’m not asking for you to fix me or to cheer me up. I’m not asking for your help. I just need to know that whatever happens within the next few years, you can at least tell me from your heart that you’ll love and respect me and do them.
19. I’m not expecting you to be perfect, and I know that sometimes you’re going to get frustrated or tired of my moody behaviour. So, when you notice me slowly pulling away from you, please don’t ask me to deny my feelings. As hard as it is for me to say, I need you to respect my feelings and emotions.
20. When you first started dating me, I was over the moon. You were almost too good to be true. But as time went on, I saw another side to you that I wasn’t expecting. While my respect for you grew with each passing day, your respect for me has been diminishing. It’s sad because I thought we had something really special and unique. Now, I see that we don’t have much of a future together.
21. I ask for nothing more than your respect. I want you to know I’m still here for you, but if this is not mutual, then take me off the list. We both know it’s not nice the way you’ve treated me recently and that mutual respect will only bring good to us.
22. Yes, I want to be with you, but in the real world, our relationship has to have standards. It also takes two people to make things work. I will never disrespect you, but at the same time, all I’m asking for is your respect in return.
23. Respect for me. If you don’t respect me, I won’t respect you. I’m tired of people abusing me and thinking I’ll sit back and take it. Just please be nice.
24. I have given you everything and sacrificed so much, yet the last four years have been the worst of my life. Today, I can’t live in this place any longer. My dad has always taught me that respect is everything. Until you can show me respect in our relationship, I will never respect you or be with you again.
25. You say you love me, but your actions speak differently. You never have time for me, and you always put me off as if I’m not important to you. All I’m asking for is just to sit down with me once in a while and let me know that I matter to you. Your behaviour towards me makes me feel like I’m a burden to be around.
26. You have broken my heart so many times that I feel like I’ve come to the end of the rope. You have done things that I never thought you’d do to me, and don’t get me wrong — I understand that things happen and feelings change. But it took way too long for you to realize what was going on and take action. And even after all this time, you never apologized for the pain you caused me. All I’m asking for is some respect.
27. I’m stumped on explaining how I feel. I cry all the time, and I feel empty and alone. You have made me feel awful about myself. I don’t know who I am anymore. I thought you cared about me and loved me, but that doesn’t seem to be true. Not sure what else to say.
28. I’m writing this to tell you about a very serious situation. It involves you, so concentrate. You have been making some comments on my social media that I don’t appreciate. I have asked you politely time and time again to stop, and you keep doing it anyway. So this is your final warning. This BS has got to stop! Do what’s right for once and show me some respect.
29. I love you so completely, but I don’t know how to deal with you anymore. You’ve hurt me too many times and keep on hurting me. I feel my spirit has been drained from me. All I want is your respect. Let’s break up, and both start fresh with people who deserve us.
30. I will always respect you, but I need you to respect me, and that means taking a more active role in treating me like a human being. I hope that with time, you’ll understand this won’t be good for only me but for you as well.
31. For the longest time, I have been holding on to hope that you would change. Today I came to the conclusion that if you can’t respect me, then there is nothing left between us. You told me many times that you wanted to make this work, and in return, I’ve cut you an endless amount of slack. But let’s be honest with each other. I no longer love you or trust you like I once did.
32. Please, never disrespect me again. I am nothing like other boys you have dated. You’re the only one that I want, and there’s no need to run around with other people. We are so good together, just please think about our life before doing anything stupid.
33. If you can’t respect me now, then I don’t think you ever will. I want this relationship to work, and I really am sorry for anything that made you feel uncomfortable, but I feel so disrespected. You need to find a way to change or lose this relationship.
34. I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry if you thought this was going to be easy, but I can’t take this anymore. If you can’t respect me or treat me like a human being, there’s no point in continuing a relationship with you. I need to feel respected too.
35. I need to express how I feel about the recent disrespectful behaviour of my significant other. I understand that you need to vent, but don’t disrespect me in the process, please. The name-calling and not listening can’t continue. Respect me, my wishes and ideas, and there shouldn’t be a problem.
36. I’m begging you; please respect me. Please remember I am still human and still have feelings, even if they’re not shown all of the time. You say you think I don’t care about what you do, but that’s far from the truth. I just don’t show it, so you don’t feel bad. Please remember I love you, no matter what.
37. You may not see it, but there are so many things wrong. You make me feel unworthy to be loved and respected. I want to get away from you, but I love you too much to leave. All I ask is for you to treat me with respect, loving words and actions. If you don’t, then I have nothing else to say.
38. It is extremely difficult for me to watch you treat me with such little respect. What I am asking is simple, if you want to be with me, then please show it. I just want to feel like you care and treat me the way I deserve to be treated. Either way, we will see what happens.
39. It would make me happy if you respected my decision. I want to feel your love, but I do not want to feel trapped or pressured into doing anything I don’t want to. If you feel differently, and you do, then we should talk about it together before going any further.
40. I still feel very hurt. If you loved me, you would have treated me with respect. I didn’t do anything to deserve this kind of treatment. How do you expect a relationship when the only thing holding it together is sex? I really don’t want to feel bad right now or ever be disrespected again by anyone.
41. I never thought you were deliberately trying to hurt me, but I can no longer be with someone who doesn’t respect me. I wish things didn’t have to be this way. I love you.
42. I’ll always care about you. I can’t stay mad at you for long. You know I love you, and I forgive you easily. But it hurts that you have no idea how much pain you’ve been putting me through. All I ask for is respect.
43. I don’t know where to begin. You have what I think is a real friendship, but you don’t respect this friendship at all. I know I am not perfect and probably made some mistakes too, but to me, our friendship is important.
44. I hope you realize how much I love you and that the thought of losing you hurts me. I will always want to feel respected, so all I’m asking for is your respect. Can you give me that?
45. I would appreciate it if you would respect my boundaries. That’s all I ask of you. I know it may be hard to understand why I feel this way, but please try to see my side of the situation.
46. I’ve always believed that the basic principle of how friendships should work is that friends respect each other. Mutual respect is the basis for all great relationships. If a relationship doesn’t have respect, it’s not really a relationship. All I want from you is respect.
47. I’ve fought for you, cried for you, lived and died for you, and I don’t know what else to do. I need to feel respected as your boyfriend. If this isn’t working anymore, then let me know. I’d rather be able to move on from this thing we call a relationship than keep trying if there’s no hope. We can still be friends; we just don’t need to act like lovers and partners anymore.
48. I am a person with feelings, and I love you very much. All I want is for you to respect me. Tell me what happened in a kind way, so I can understand and not feel like you are judging me.
49. I am not being disrespectful in any way, and I would appreciate some respect. I am too forgiving and kind to you. I am not asking for the world, just your respect. I’ll leave if I don’t get it.
50. What on Earth have I done to deserve this? You tell me every single day, through your actions, that you do not respect me and that I am not worthy of your love or kindness. You make me feel worthless, like I’m nothing. It breaks my heart to know that the man I love would hurt me so badly, but it’s even more devastating to know he could care less.
Asking For Respect Quotes
“I hate it when you say hurtful, mean things to me. I don’t think you mean to be mean or cruel, but the words you choose and the tone you use hurts my feelings sometimes. I just want you to know that I care about our friendship a great deal. Even though we have our differences, I still love our friendship, so please remember that. All I’m asking for is your respect for my feelings and my thoughts.”
51. I am asking for you to respect me at this moment. I am not asking for you to blame yourself. The truth is I’m self-conscious, and sometimes I’m sure my self-consciousness plays a role in this. I just want to be respected at this moment. You certainly don’t have to worry or feel bad. The ball’s not in your court; it’s ultimately up to me to work on how I feel.
52. I am willing to forgive you if you sincerely apologize and change your ways. Get counselling, go to church, and do whatever you have to, but for my sake and for our sake, I’m asking you to change. I don’t want us to end our friendship. Give me respect.
53. I feel like you’ve taken advantage of me and that you don’t care enough to respect me. I want to be treated better, and the only way that is going to happen is if you respect me. None of this yelling, disrespect or pushing. Not gonna happen again.
54. I really love you a lot, but I need you to respect my feelings. Don’t be so close-minded and look at me as if I’m your little child who must obey every single word that comes out of your mouth. You are my best friend, and I love you more than ever.
55. I don’t deserve to be treated like a piece of trash, used when needed and tossed aside. I am a good girl, but I have my limits. If you aren’t going to make me feel respected, then please don’t contact me again.
56. What you did to me hurt more than I can describe. Do you think I’m some kind of toy? If this is how you’re going to treat me, then maybe we shouldn’t be friends. If you respect me as a person and a friend, then apologize for how you treated me.
57. I will always want to feel respected, so all I’m asking for is your respect. The way you speak to me, treat me and act towards me. It is hard to be with someone who doesn’t practice what they preach, and I no longer have time for it.
58. I chose to be your girlfriend. I love you, but that doesn’t mean I have to like every choice you make. Even though we are together, I would still like to be respected and feel free to express my feelings.
59. I’m not looking for a hangout buddy because friendship can’t be bought or come with an expiration date. To be my friend, you need to know that I respect you, and in return, I expect the same.
60. I would like to remind you that I am not a slave. The next time you get mad and feel the urge to scream at me, please remember that I have feelings too. I hope you can gain some self-control and treat me with respect.
61. I just don’t understand why you find it necessary to treat me so disrespectfully. We have never had this problem in the past, but now it seems as though you can’t even carry on a normal conversation without making rude comments about how I look. Just because we’ve been friends for over ten years doesn’t mean you can be disrespectful! It’s not okay to make insensitive comments about my weight, and I want you to stop. It’s that simple.
62. I talk about you a lot. I want to be with you. You are my best friend, and you have my respect. But I will always want to feel respected, too, so all I’m asking for is your respect. In return, I will not stop respecting and loving you.
63. I’m not satisfied with the way you treated me today, so I’m taking this time to express my feelings. Our friendship is important to me, and I have no desire to ruin it over silly things. When our friendship becomes compromised in any way, it’s usually because one of us hasn’t been respectful to the other. Having said that, please treat me with the same respect that I show you.
64. When you give me your respect, I can feel your love. If you disrespect me, I can no longer feel your love. I cannot control you, only myself. But you should know that all I ask is your respect.
65. Hey, I know we fight sometimes, or that you can’t stand to be alone with me, or that I speak my mind too much. But this is important for our friendship. I will always want to feel respected by you. Every time you say something rude to me, it hurts–it hurts a lot.
66. When you love someone, it’s important to treat them properly. We all want to be respected, plus no one likes the suspicion of being used without getting the same in return. I know that we should respect each other and love each other, and I want you to respect and love me.
67. I don’t know when and if this will reach you, but I want to make sure you know how I feel. I love you very much, but I can’t stand feeling disrespected. If anything changes with your view on respecting me, let me know.
68. Respect is probably the most important thing to me. If I feel disrespected by you, then our relationship is over. I need you to listen when I’m talking and communicate with me when something is wrong. You don’t have to agree with me, but do it in a respectful way.
69. I want to start off by saying that I love you very much and I wish that you would show a little more respect to me. I have been nothing but nice and respectful to you, but in return, all I get is disrespect, which is starting to become annoying. If you can just do your best to be more respectful towards me and talk with me peacefully without getting so mad, then we can have a happy relationship.
70. I don’t care if we’ve been friends for 20 years; if you disrespect my family or me, I have no problem turning my back on you. It has happened before, and it will happen again; in fact, it just did!
71. I can take anything, but being disrespected isn’t in my job description. The way you talk to me is unacceptable.
72. I have done nothing but be there for those I love. I have made mistakes, but we all do! I refuse to let anyone walk on me and disrespect me like this. You know I will always love you and stand by your side and never turn my back on you and respect you, and I expect the same from you. Love always and forever!
73. A lot of things the past couple of days have been bothering me and making me mad, and I feel like I finally have to speak up. I’m tired of how you’ve been talking to me lately. You’re always so mean to me, and it really hurt my feelings, saying all those hurtful things and calling me names I don’t deserve. It makes me sad when you do those things to me because I love you so much and try not to let things like that bother me.
74. I feel hurt and disrespected when you speak to me in that tone. I feel like you don’t even want me to be in your life anymore. I know you are mad at me for the things that I have done, but I am only human. If you just give me a chance, then maybe we can settle things like adults instead of children fighting when they have a problem with each other.
75. It has come to my attention that you are not respecting me. What did I do to deserve this? How could you or why would you disrespect me? It needs to stop now. And it will stop if you want this friendship to go on.
76. I don’t appreciate being manipulated by you. It hurts my feelings. I really like you and want to be treated with the same respect you would want from me. I’m sorry if I’ve upset you, and I will try harder to stop causing problems between us.
77. We have been together for five years. During that time, we’ve been through a lot, and I thought it would last forever. But it seems that lately, you have forgotten who you are dealing with. You think it’s okay to cheat, to lie, to disrespect me, without a care in the world. All I ask for is your respect, but I may start asking for more soon.
78. I am nothing less than courteous and respectful to you, one of the few people that I truly consider a friend. So know this: If you ever disrespect me again, I will walk away for good. We do not want to lose our friendship, so please don’t test me on this.
79. I don’t know what your problem is, but it’s time to stop. I don’t appreciate the way you have been talking to me and treating me lately. You better have a valid excuse for your behaviour if it ever happens again, or else this friendship is over!
80. I treated you good, but you just did me dirt and showed me no respect. All I’m asking for is a little bit of respect; all I’m asking for is the same thing that you’d give to any other girl.
81. I love the way you look at me. I love the way you kiss me. I think about you every second of every day, even if I’m not trying to. I would never do anything to hurt you, and I know this is a one-sided relationship. I just want your respect back, if not as a human, then as a friend.
82. When I tell you something, and you don’t listen, it hurts me. So all I’m asking is that you respect me enough to at least listen. We are friends. If you’re my friend, then we need to talk about things and stop hiding in the shadows.
83. Respect is something I will always want from you, and I hope that, at the very least, you give it to me. Love is one thing, and anything can fall in love, but respect is different as I have to earn your respect. I am an honest person, and my intentions are pure. Those are things that are not only loved by others but respected.
84. When you are around me, I expect to be treated with respect, love and affection. So what’s up with being moody, disrespectful, and not paying attention to me? It makes me feel like I’m not worth your time, which doesn’t feel good at all. I am giving you a chance to start treating me better, or I will have to end our relationship.
85. I hope you have a very good reason for what you have done. I do not appreciate being lied to and disrespected. The next time you need something from me, just ask. And please respect my decisions. They are not meant to be disrespected.
86. Remember that song we used to sing in elementary? If you are reading this, then you must have offended me. I am a human and deserve respect like everyone else. I think it is best for us not to be friends anymore, because if you can’t respect me, then this friendship is pointless.
87. You have made me mad. How could you disrespect me like that? All I ask for is your respect. It’s time for our friendship to end. I don’t want to be disrespected again!
88. I love you, but if you are going to be disrespectful and not take this relationship seriously, then I don’t want to be with you. I deserve better than that.
89. I’m tired of arguing about this. Can’t you see how important what I’m saying is? I’ve said my piece and done my best to reason. I shouldn’t have to keep explaining myself to you. If you don’t respect me enough to listen, I just don’t think we can be together anymore.
90. I love you very much and cherish our friendship more than anything. I want it to be clear that I don’t stand for disrespect. Be kind and respectful always!
91. I’ll admit it; I’m human. I have flaws, and I make mistakes. However, does being imperfect give you the right to disrespect me? NO! Time and time again, you make me feel disrespected. You’ve done bad things to me and said bad things to me. Just because we’re friends doesn’t mean that I’m going to let my friendship with you stand in the way of how I feel.
92. I love you and always will, but I feel we’re drifting apart. But what bothers me most is your attitude. I feel like you are bossy and controlling, and it’s beginning to mean disrespect for me. If these things continue, I don’t think that we have much of a future together.
93. You said that you know me better than anyone. You promised me that you’d never manipulate me. I want to trust you, but if I can’t, then maybe we should be apart. I think about what we’re doing every minute of every day. I need to know that time together means something to you, too — not just another chance for me to prove what a good girlfriend I am by taking care of your needs when I have mine.
94. If you love me, respect me! Do not disrespect me! I have feelings! Respect me! If you have a problem with me, then tell me. I love you, but I don’t want to be treated like dirt.
95. I know the both of us have our problems, but I will never disrespect you over yours. I have forgiven you in the past, but I will never be someone’s doormat. If you can not show me respect, I’m sorry to say that we are through.
96. I’ve tried my best to be a good friend to you, and I spent a long time trying to prove myself. But lately, something has changed. Your attitude towards me doesn’t seem right. You treat me like I’m not there, and that really hurts. It makes me feel like you don’t care about me at all. I’m asking here and now, as your friend. Please show me some respect.
97. Since we’ve been together, I have noticed that you’ve started to become an inconsiderate person. From now on, I demand respect. I don’t care how mad you get at me but keep your disrespectful tone away from me. If you treat me right, I’ll treat you right in return. That’s how a healthy relationship works!
98. I can’t believe you said that to me! I thought we were friends. I’ve been there for you, time and time again. I’ve had enough of your disrespect. You respect me or don’t speak to me anymore!
99. I hope that we can start treating each other with respect. I think it is unfair how you talk to me and how you just take over my opinions and ideas. I really need your help because we can’t make progress when we are yelling and arguing. I really want to hang out, but I want to make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future.
100. You have made me mad lately, but I’m not mad at you. I’m mad at the disrespect you’ve been showing me. I’m not perfect either, and I know that you are only human and that everyone makes mistakes. However, it does not mean we should disrespect each other for what we do wrong. I’m just asking for your respect. It means so much more to me than you will ever know!
101. I want to feel respected when I’m with you because your personal choice to drink or not drink around me (and anyone else) should never be a question, ever.
102. I’ve seen a lot of things in my day, but never have I seen someone with as much disrespect as you have. You need to go back and read some of the things you have said to me because they aren’t even close to the way that a “friend” should talk to another friend. Please start respecting me, or I will have to end our friendship because I refuse to be disrespected by someone who is supposed to love and care about me.
Yes, all you ask for is respect, and that’s a great thing to ask for because you deserve it. And now, you have many beautiful quotes to use in demanding what you should get. I am glad I played a part in helping you in your demand for respect.
But can I ask you for something else apart from respect? Can you also share this article with a couple of your friends? We never know who may need it. By the way, if you surf around this blog a little, you’ll find many other helpful collections of quotes like this. Try it.