The elderly make up a sizeable portion of society. We have the privilege of having a huge repository of knowledge and experience to learn from them.
When you realize just how incredibly valuable your elders are and how lucky we are to have them with us, you’ll want to shower them with appreciation. While people, in general, can be extremely valuable assets, elders are amazing individuals who deserve the highest degree of respect.
The elders are great people, and they deserve to be respected and thanked because they are the inspiration of today’s generation. Therefore, for your parents or older people in your community, it is essential to send some appreciation quotes for elders, so they’ll know that you adore them and appreciate what they have done for you.
What’s important to remember is that elders often need an extra dose of appreciation. Showing them your respect, kindness, and affection through these appreciation quotes for elders can make a real difference in their lives and in yours.
Appreciation Quotes for Elders
Thank you for keeping the family strong, being there for us when we need you and being people we can look up to. Thank you for being so welcoming when I first moved to the city. I appreciate all of your advice over the last year and look forward to many more years of friendship. I appreciate you, my elder.
1. Thank you for your wisdom. You always seem to have an answer for my questions, even though I feel like sometimes what I am asking is a silly question. I feel very thankful that there are people like you who take the time out of their busy schedules to help me with things.
2. Thank you for being so kind and thoughtful and being such a wonderful member of this family and community.
3. Thank you for always being there for me and helping me with all kinds of things. I appreciate your advice and blessing. Thank you also for being my friend and giving me wisdom.
4. Thank you for all of your wisdom and advice. People always tell me how fortunate I am to have grown up under your watchful eyes.
5. Thank you for the gifts and donations. Please accept this small token of my appreciation. Your support enables so many people to access their resources to lead happy, healthy lives. You are a very special part of this community.
6. Thank you for being my inspiration and motivation and always being there for me. I wouldn’t be where I am without having your love and guidance to follow in my life.
7. Thank you for being a guiding light. Your advice and wisdom have gotten me through many tough situations. I don’t know what I would do without you!
8. Thank you for all of your guidance and for sharing your experiences with me. I am grateful that you taught me to have patience because sometimes it is the best thing I can do when frustrated.
9. Thank you for helping me get through those rough months when I needed a little more advice, care, and companionship. I’m still so thankful you were there to help me.
10. Thank you for accompanying me to the event and making it special. I’m so glad you were there with me.
11. Thank you for all that you have done. You are a great example of what elders can be. Your action and words have inspired me to act with humility and consideration for other people. Thank you for being so thoughtful but firm and steady when you see me or others going astray.
12. Thank you for everything that you have done for me in my life. You always had time for me and my questions, and I never felt like a burden. You have made a lasting impact on the world, and I am grateful to be with such amazing people.
13. Thank you for all the things you taught me when I was young. I remember learning about how to catch a fish, what berries are safe to eat, and finding my way home when lost in the woods. I’m so much wiser because of your teachings. Thank you again.
14. Thank you for letting me be a part of your family. I appreciate everything you do for my family and me. You guys are the best.
15. Thank you for all the stories and love you gave me when I was little. They will always be engraved in my memory. You are a great example of how to be an awesome human being.
16. I want to thank you for your presence in my life. I am very thankful for your wisdom and how you have taught me many things in this life. You have helped me so much; you are an amazing person.
17. Thank you for always being supportive and looking out for me. I wish I had been more thankful now, and I am starting to be. Thank you for giving me advice and showing me the right direction.
18. Thank you for giving me a home. I love it here and appreciate all the people and things that make it great. I love to help around the house. It makes me happy to move around and help dust, vacuum, do dishes, fold laundry and many other things. Thank you!
19. Thank you for being such a strong foundation for me as I make my way through this world. You have been a great help and inspiration since I was a little boy.
20. Thank you for all the wisdom you share with me. I often wonder where I would be if it weren’t for your guidance and advice when I was young. You truly shaped me into the person I am today.
21. Thank you for doing your best to rein me in when I overdo it. You don’t have many opportunities to spend time with grandchildren, so I appreciate that you do.
22. Thank you for always supporting me. You are always looking out for me and want me to do well. I am very grateful to have you in my life.
23. Thank you for everything that you have taught and done for me. I don’t mind visiting the in-laws because they are your family. I know you love and respect them a lot.
24. Thank you for being a role model to me. Your integrity and hardworking attitude have had a lasting impact on how I view life in general.
25. Thank you for being so welcoming to my family and me. We appreciate your hospitality. I like living here.
26. Thank you for teaching me about so many things. I feel like I’m getting better at life because of what you have taught me, and I am very grateful for that.
27. Thank you for being so willing to help me learn the things I don’t understand in the teachings. Everyone is busy, and you have time to chat over coffee. I am grateful that you have lived so long and can remember it all.
28. Thank you for being there for me and taking me under your wing. I feel like you are my family now. You are always looking out for me and checking in on me.
29. Thank you for always being there for me. I know that sometimes we don’t agree with each other, but I appreciate that you always have my best interest in mind.
30. Thank you for the encouragement and the advice. I appreciate all the help you have given me. God has blessed you with wisdom and knowledge, which makes me feel at ease knowing you two are there for me.
31. Thank you for being there for me. I can always talk to you about my problems and concerns and get guidance, mentoring and counselling.
32. Thanks for always being there and reminding me that anything is possible if I set my mind to it.
33. Thank you for coming to the event and supporting my work. It meant a lot to me that you came!
34. Thank you for running my family. You are the glue that holds it together, the heart that beats steadily throughout the generations and the skin we all grow up in. This post honours and expresses appreciation for the elders in your life.
35. Thank you for being engaging, caring and kind. With your age comes years of knowledge and strength. Thank you for passing it on to the younger generation. Your wisdom and kindness are appreciated by many.
36. Thank you for being so wonderful! With your age comes years of knowledge and strength. You’re an amazing person, and the community is better because of you.
37. Thank you for being compassionate, caring, and generous. You are an inspiration to younger generations and an asset to our community. Your wisdom and empathy are appreciated by many.
38. Thank you for being so thoughtful, outgoing, and kind. Your wisdom and compassion are appreciated by many.
39. We truly appreciate your wisdom and kindness. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with the younger generation.
40. Thank you for being a positive role model in your life. Your wisdom and example are appreciated by many.
41. Thank you for being such a valued member of our community. We love your stories and value your experience. You make this world a better place with your wisdom and kindness every day.
42. Thank you for your caring, kindness and warm heart. The world needs to follow your example. It’s always a pleasure spending time with you.
43. Thank you for sharing your many years of knowledge and problem-solving skills with my class. My first year of teaching can be challenging, and I appreciate your support.
44. A very merry birthday to you! We hope this day brings you lots of joy, happiness, and unforgettable memories.
45. You did it! People are so lucky to have you. Thank you to all the parents for being you.
46. Thank you for showing us how to be kind, humble, and helpful. I appreciate all your guidance. You’ve changed my life for the greater in so many ways. I’m very grateful that you’ve been a part of my life.
47. Thank you for being part of my childhood. Even though we did not get to talk much, I remember our time together. I know you are proud of me and enjoy seeing me in my new job.
48. Thank you for all of your wisdom. You have taught me so many things in my life. Thank you again and again.
49. Thank you for welcoming me into this family so well. You have always been kind to me and made me feel at home. I’m so happy I got to meet all of you wonderful people. It warms my heart every time I see old pictures of your family and remember how happy my parents were then.
50. Telling you how much I appreciate your support means a lot to me. Thank you for always being there for me when I need you, whether for fun activities or simply sitting and talking. I’m happy to have such aware friends in my life. I appreciate all of the help you have given me, and I hope that your lives are filled with joy, laughter and contentment.
51. Thank you for always having a hug for me. You are the funniest and best person to talk to about things in my life. I’m very glad that you are part of my life.
52. Thank you for welcoming us into your beautiful family and blessing us with the opportunity to spend a week together. It made a difference for all of us. I hope we can do this again next year.
53. When I see you, I see a world of experience. With every conversation I have with you, I learn something new. Thanks for showing me the way.
54. Thank you for teaching me so much about the world, especially being a good person. You have given me the tools I need to succeed throughout my life, and I’m very appreciative of this knowledge.
55. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I am very grateful for your support and encouragement on my journey. You are a great part of my life.
56. Thank you for always being there for me. I appreciate everything you have done for me, and I cannot thank you enough.
57. I am very grateful for having you in my life. Thank you for loving me, supporting me, listening to me, and understanding me. I have learned so much from your examples that it sometimes makes me think back at our past meetings and feel sorry for the times I was rude or lacked patience.
58. Thank you for being my mentors, friends, and family. I’m very thankful for all you have done for me.
59. Thank you for everything that you taught me while I was growing up. My parents were never home because they worked so much. I think it’s wonderful that you taught me things, like how to throw a ball and how to ride a bike. Thank you for being an awesome role model.
60. Thank you for all of your support. I am so fortunate to have people like you in my life. I would not be where I am today without you.
61. Thank you for being a good example to me. You are always willing to help, and I’m very thankful this Christmas when all the work was required of you. Thank you for being so generous with your time and knowledge.
62. I wanted to thank you for taking me in and raising me. I hope I made your lives as happy as you made mine.
63. Thank you for all of your help. I enjoy the time we spend together and am happy that I will be working for someone I can trust. You are always ready and willing to help, even on your days off. That means a lot to me.
64. Thank you for taking care of me when I was just a kid. It meant a lot to my mom that you stepped up and helped her out. It made a big difference to us as your neighbours, too. I appreciate what you did!
65. Thank you for being like the second parents I’ve always wanted. You are always kind, supportive and encouraging for being there and helping me grow up into a mature young woman. I am thankful because many people say they would have given up on me, that I am hopeless – but you didn’t give up!
66. Thank you for caring about me. It’s been cool knowing that you are always there when I have a wrong attitude or become too prideful. Thank you for correcting me, correcting my mistakes and guiding me to be the best person.
67. Thank you for giving me advice and guidance on how to handle the responsibility of your estate. I will always treasure this experience. You taught me a lot, and I will never forget that.
68. Thank you for all of your years of advice and good words. You are like a father to me, so your words inevitably stay with me and resonate in my head. Thank you for being wise beyond your years.
69. Thank you for blessing me with a loving mother. By coming to her family as an adoptee, I was given the best gift. Other parents gave their kids material possessions and love, but my mother raised me by teaching me to cook, telling me stories about Korea and taking care of myself. I am grateful that I had such a wonderful grandmother who was passionate about Korea and raising her family. Thank you so much to both of you because I wouldn’t know what true love is without your love.
70. Thank you for having me at your house for dinner tonight. I always enjoy spending time with you and your family.
71. Thank you for always being happy to see me when I come over to visit, always offering a helping hand, and offering a listening ear when I need one. You make me feel at home and loved.
72. Thank you for always being there for me and telling me stories. I love hearing what you say, and I think your life experiences are fascinating. Thank you!
73. I just wanted to thank you for all of the support you have given me. It has meant so much to me in this time of need. I don’t know what I would do without you.
74. Thank you for being such great elders. I appreciate the talks we have had in the past and the support you have given me. I’m very grateful for having been allowed to live in a place where there are such nice people around me with whom I can share my life.
75. Thank you for being such great elders. It’s wonderful to have you as my role models, and I greatly appreciate the talks we’ve had in the past. Thank you for all the support you have given me. It means a lot to me to live in a place with so many nice people around me whom I can share my life with.
76. I would like to thank you for being such fine elders. I enjoy the talks we have had in the past and the support you have given me. I’m so glad to have a place where there are such nice people to share my life with.
77. Thank you for being such amazing elders! I’m so grateful for our chats and the way you’ve supported me and forgetting to live in a community with kind neighbours.
78. Thanks for all your talks and support. I’m grateful to be living in a place surrounded by such nice people.
79. It means a lot to have elders like you around. You brighten my days with your warmth and kindness, and I’m so grateful to be able to spend time with you and share our lives. Thank you for sharing your life with me!
80. It means a lot to have elders like you around. Your warmth brightens my days, and I’m so grateful to be able to spend time with you and share our lives. Thank you for sharing your life with me!
81. It is a huge pleasure to have older people around. You make my day brighter with your warmth and kindness. I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to spend time with you and share our lives. Thank you for sharing your life with me!
82. It means a lot to have you around. You brighten my days, and I’m so grateful to be able to spend this time with you and share our lives. Thank you!
83. It means a lot to have elders like you present when I am around. Your approachable spirit makes it easy for me to connect with and is also kind to me as a young adult. You positively affect my everyday life, making me brighter and more thankful for everything that happens in my life. I’m very grateful for being able to spend time and share our lives. Thank you so much!
84. I love being with you. Your warmth and kindness brighten my days. Thank you for sharing your life with me!
85. I’m so grateful to have you in my life, and I can’t wait for the next time we can enjoy the fun and love we create together.
86. A grandmother is a blessing, a gift from above. She’s someone you can turn to when times are tough, and she’s always there for you with a warm smile and kind words. Her love is boundless, inspiring us even in the darkest of days. Grandma, thank you so much for being such an amazing person and making my life better just by being here!
87. I loved spending time with you. Thank you for supporting me and making me feel loved. You’re a wonderful person, and I look forward to continuing our relationship in the future!
88. It’s so nice to see you again. I’ve missed you so much. You’re such an inspiration to me, and I appreciate all the advice you give me.
89. I hope the day is as special for you as you make each day of my life. I love you!
90. Thanks for taking care of me. I appreciate it. You guys always make me feel at home and give me great support and advice.
91. Thank you for being great elders in the force. You are always there when I need advice. I’m very glad you are my parents.
92. Thank you for all the wisdom and stories about life. I enjoy our conversations. It’s nice to share life experiences and learn from each other as we age.
93. Thank you for all the wisdom and stories about life. I enjoy our conversations.
94. Thank you for all the wisdom and stories about life. I enjoy our conversations, especially when we learn about life experiences through the ages.
95. I appreciate our conversations. It’s nice to share life experiences, share frustrations, and let our guard down as we age.
96. I’m so glad I get to share this life experience with you. You’ve taught me a lot, and I hope I can continue to learn from you as we age.
97. I look forward to our long walks and conversations. We are both in our seventies, and we share so much wisdom.
98. Thank you for caring and sharing so much of your wisdom. I love our conversations, and I always learn a lot from them.
99. Old friends are the best. The older we get, the more thankful I am for you both. Thank you for everything you’ve taught me about life.
100. I am so grateful to have a friend like you. You are always there for me, and I can’t wait to share more stories and laughs in the years ahead.
101. You have so many great stories. I’m glad we can share them. They help me understand the world better.
102. You have a great gift of knowing just what to say. You make me, and everyone else feels so important and special.
103. Thank you for taking me in when I had no place to go. You encouraged me to go back to school, and I am so grateful. You were always there for me when I needed a listening ear or advice. Thank you for being such an important part of my life.
104. Thank you for always being there for me. You have become close to me; I appreciate everything you have done for me. I have learned valuable lessons that I never learned in college through you, and I appreciate it.
105. Thank you for always being so cheerful. You brighten up the room just by walking in. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me on the phone every morning and night. I appreciate it.
106. Thank you for all the wise advice and lessons you have taught me. I am a better person because of you. You will be greatly missed once you are gone from this world.
107. I rarely get to see you anymore, but I know you are there for me when I need you. Thank you for letting me know how proud you are of me and for making my day so much brighter. You are the best!
108. Thank you for being so loving and kind! You remind me so much of my grandmother.
109. Thank you for all of your years of service in the church. You give so much and do it willingly, especially in your calling as the organist. Thank you for being a good example to me.
110. Thank you for always encouraging me to follow my dreams and helping me when I’m down. I am forever grateful that though we are in different states now, we still talk on the phone weekly. Thank you for always being there for me.
111. Thank you for being elders with whom I can ask for advice and have a great time. Thank you for playing the guitar and singing for us on confirmation day. It was very special.
112. Thank you for always being kind and considerate. You are an excellent role model, and I am so happy that our families have been friends since I was a girl.
113. Thank you for calling me, inviting me to dinner and being there for me. You are the best grandparents anyone can ask for.
114. Thank you for everything you have done while I grew up. It was not easy being young and having to mature fast. I’m so glad you were there with me every step.
115. Thank you for taking care of me and teaching me how to live my life. I love that you are always there for me when I need anything. Please don’t stop loving me because I am growing up.
116. Thank you for always being there for me and supporting me. I appreciate all the wisdom you pass on to me.
117. Thank you for all of your wisdom through the years. I consider myself lucky to have you in my life and have learned so much from you.
118. Thank you for your wisdom. Your advice has helped me with finances, relationships and my purpose.
119. Thank you for always being there to guide me. I’m very grateful for all the advice, whether it’s trying to talk me out of buying the car I want or cautioning me about staying out too late.
120.Thank you for believing in me. Last year was so hard, there were times I didn’t think I could do it, but you always told me that if I worked on my dreams, they would come true. Now look at me – I’m an entrepreneur!
121. Thank you for your advice. Being a new mom is scary, but knowing I have such a great group of eldest to talk to, I feel like I can get through anything.
122. Thank you for helping me with my learning disorder. I continue to struggle, but with your help and the teachers’, I feel like I am making much more progress. I appreciate your friendship.
123. Thank you for always being there to help and guide me. Not only have you shared your knowledge, but you have also given me a place to live. Thank you for being very generous and kind. I am so glad I can call you friends and elders.
124. Thank you for teaching me values and lessons which have made me who I am today. Thank you for talking to me about being kind, caring, and patient. Your guidance has profoundly influenced my life, and I am grateful for all your love and support.
125. Thank you for your help and guidance in my job search process. You’ve been holding my hand ever since I started, giving me advice and telling me what to do! Thank you also for being so supportive in every stage of my life. You are so full of love, and we appreciate all that you have done for us unconditionally.
126. Thank you for being there for my family and me. I know we annoy you sometimes, but you never get annoyed with us or say anything bad about us. You are a very good person.
127. Thank you for teaching me your wisdom in everything you do. I laugh at myself every time I see a quote from you on my phone.
128. Thank you for all the food you have made for me. I appreciate that you are always there to support me and give me advice whenever I need it. Even though my English isn’t that great, we still find a way to understand each other and help each other.
129. Thank you for being cool and understanding with me. You let me make mistakes and learn from them, unlike my mom. She likes to lecture me about getting older, falling in love and having children when I am not ready.
130. Thank you for being supportive and kind to me. I’ve been working on a new project, and your encouragement has helped me further my work.
131. Thank you for always being there for me. If I am ever confused about something, I know that you can give me good advice. I appreciate all of the time you spent with me on this project.
132. Thank you all for being so warm and inviting to me. I feel like this place is my home now, and I cannot wait to share more time.
133. Thank you for all of the advice you have given me over the years. I appreciate your help. Thank you for the advice about medical school and residency. It helps to know you are there when I need to know what to do.
134. Thank you for being there for me when I needed you most. You have been like a father to me when my parents died. You always made me feel welcome in your home, and now that I am married with kids, I still make sure to call you every week.
135. Thank you for everything you have done. I appreciate knowing you. Many more years ahead of me with my grandfathers, aunts and uncles. We can enjoy them together and do many more things together.
136. Thank you for having a beautiful home where I feel comfortable. Whenever I come over and walk in the door, it feels like home. Thank you for giving me great advice as I figure things out with school, dating life and work. Thank you for being open-minded and accepting of others’ lifestyles and social conduct. Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike when I was a kid. Thank you for everything!
137. I want to thank you for being such a good role model. We don’t get to see our grandparents much, and I miss it. I like how you never gave up and always tried new things even when they were hard.
138. I want to thank you for being such a good role model. We don’t get to see our grandparents much, and I miss it.
139. I miss seeing you all the time. When I was little, you would always play games with me, exploring new things together. I appreciate that you never gave up on anything hard, even if it was scary or hard.
140. Thanks for setting such a good example, Grandma. You were always so ambitious and adventurous! I’ll never forget the time we jumped in the lake every single day just to be able to ski! Thank you for being such an inspiration.
141. Your heart is so big. I appreciate that you never gave up on your dreams and always stayed in the game. I am very proud of you, my lovely grandmother!
It wouldn’t be bad to show some love to our elders. After all, they’ve been around the block a few times. They deserve some credit for that. Therefore, you should not shy away from using these appreciation quotes for elders when you meet a worthy one.