Aviation is a great industry that has evolved over the years and today, air travel is widely known, used, and loved by everybody. This industry led to the innovation of many modern technologies that are now being applied in every field of life and business. Aviation also has its share of prominent figures and celebrities that made this business popular in all aspects, from sports to arts, from transportation to defence.
These people were once dreamers like you who made their visions a reality and today they have become one of the best personalities in this highly competitive industry. Many famous people have written many inspiring and interesting quotes about aviation. Pilots, passengers, pedestrians, historians, and other people all over the world have passed these quotes through generations in a very diverse way. As an aviator, your life is also most affected by them.
Aviation quotes are always fascinating. They have a special way of illustrating the excitement, wonder, and beauty that cannot be captured in words or pictures alone. Rather than leave you to seek out the quotes yourself, I have collected together some of my favourite aviation quotes here for you to read and enjoy.
Hopefully, these aviation quotes for Instagram will allow you a moment of reflection that might help you with your aviation marketing strategy or being a great aviator.
Aviation Quotes for Instagram
Being a pilot is not just about flying aeroplanes; aviation is a lot more than that. It’s about learning the many lessons that are learned during the process, both expected and unexpected. In aviation, the word ‘impossible’ does not exist.
1. There’s always something to learn in aviation. Whether you’re a student pilot or an airline captain, there’s an endless supply of knowledge to be gained.
2. In aviation, it’s a terrible thing to have a plane you can’t fly.
3. Aviation is not for the fainthearted.
4. Aviation has made the world so small and so close that we know more about what is going on in the hearts of men, good and bad than we did before. It has brought us closer together.
5. Aviation has done more to unite the world than anything else in all history.
6. An airport is a haven for adventurers.
7. When a pilot stops to think of the accomplishments that have been made in the last few years, flying seems almost commonplace.
8. To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
9. At the beginning of aviation, man’s boldness outweighed his wisdom.
10. In the air, a pilot feels free. He always knows there is something bigger than him out there.
11. At the beginning of aviation, you have to separate the dream from reality and accept that it will take time to achieve.
12. Aviation does not exist without imagination and bravery.
13. In the sky, you don’t see what’s behind you, so you can always be a little bit braver.
14. If you like to fly, you have to learn to take off and land. You have to be willing to crash; otherwise, you’ll never be able to fly at all.
15. The best aviators are those who fly in the face of their fears, not because they are reckless but because they have enough confidence in themselves to believe they can handle whatever comes.
16. The difference between a good aviator and a bad aviator is about 5 or 10 miles an hour.
17. A good aviator has his plane flying safely before he starts concentrating on how to get it through the air safely.
18. There are only two things you need to fly: airspeed and altitude. If you don’t have both of them, you’re not flying, you’re crashing.
19. A good aviator is always thinking about what could go wrong next. A great aviator thinks about what went wrong last time, and how to prevent it from happening again.
20. If you cannot fly with your wings, do not expect others to fly with yours.
21. If you ever want to get close to an aviator’s heart, just tell him he’s flying a desk.
22. In aviation, there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
23. Aviation is the most dangerous thing in the world except for war and ennui.
24. Some people think that aeroplanes are like science fiction books: they don’t happen in real life. That’s not true. They do happen in real life and aviators are living proof of it.
25. In aviation, it’s always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.
26. If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
27. The plane is best when it is going fast and low when it seems to skim the surface of the earth.
28. The aeroplane has made travel easy for the rich and comfortable for the poor. It has also made it possible for both groups to see the world as it looks from above.
29. You can be alone with your thoughts while flying. You have to have time alone with your thoughts to be able to think at all.
30. The most admirable feature of an aviator is courage.
31. It is important to have a balance between the two. If you focus too much on aviation, you lose sight of the fact that you are also supposed to be a person.
32. Aviation is one of the few sports where women can compete with men on equal terms.
33. The sky calls to us. We have a choice. We can listen and learn to fly, or we can ignore the sky and remain on the ground.
34. Aeroplane is an interesting toy but of no military value.
35. When you’re up in the air, it’s not whether you’re going to fall out or not, it’s whether you’re going to fall out and die.
36. Aviation is a practice of precision and accuracy. But it can be fun, too.
37. There is a special magic to the skies. Whether you’re an aviator, an astronaut, or just looking up from the ground, the sky calls to us all. Answering that call can be both the most terrifying and exhilarating experience in life.
38. Give a man a plane, and he’ll fly for an hour; teach him to fly, and he’ll soar in the sky forever.
39. Aviation is proof that given the will, we can achieve the impossible.
40. The conquest of the flight was a dream come true. The sky is bigger, the universe more distant, and the questions asked become more deeply profound.
41. The best way to avoid being an aviator is to stop flying.
42. You are the sky, and you are the aeroplane, and you are the aviator.
43. Learn to fly, and change a life.
44. In aviation, the word ‘impossible’ does not exist.
45. Aviation has taught us many things; one of them is that what is extremely complex can be simplified.
46. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
47. It is in your power to choose. You have the power to change a life. You are the sky, and you are an aeroplane, and you are an aviator.
48. As an aviator, don’t stand by as others suffer – improve yourself for the benefit of all. It may seem complex at first, but if you persevere, all things are possible.
49. These quotations capture the spirit of aviation. The open sky, the freedom of flight, and the sensation of soaring through the heavens all inspire those who fly and remind us that there is nothing impossible in life if we truly believe.
50. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. The sky is the limit. If an aviator, then lives every moment. The possibilities are endless.
51. We are at a point in aviation where we are experiencing unprecedented growth. We must try and keep up with this growth. Aviation is not only a great investment, it’s a way of life.
52. You can forget all your problems by flying, and you’re the captain of your plane. And as they say, if you want to conquer the impossible, you just have to try.
53. As an aviator, no one can ever take your dreams from you, so don’t give up. Once you’ve chosen to pursue a goal, stick with it until you reach your destination.
54. An aviator is a person who flies an aircraft.
55. Aeronautics is the science or art involved with the study, design, and manufacturing of airships, balloons, and other flying machines.
56. The flight of imagination is worth more than a regiment of facts.
57. There are aviation accidents that are never mentioned because they are not newsworthy enough to be printed; there are also a great many accidents that never occur at all because they have been foreseen and avoided by those who know what they are doing.
58. The best aviator is the one you don’t see.
59. Have you ever wondered if aviators are born or made? Well, I think it’s both. You have to be born with the right stuff and then develop a love of flying.
60. The most important thing in aviation is your safety. After that, it’s everybody else’s. Take care of yourself, and you’ll take care of the passengers and crew.
61. An aviator who doesn’t have a co-aviator isn’t flying.
62. Flying a jet is an incredible experience. You quickly realize that it’s not as easy as it looks! Mastering the art of flying a plane requires a great deal of practice, skill, and knowledge.
63. The sky is the limit, and an aviator is only as good as the instruments he or she has to work with.
64. You were born to fly. At least that’s what we believe. Going up into the wild blue yonder isn’t something you should be doing alone, yet too many times we see other pilots fail to put that second seat in their plane. If nothing else, we think you deserve to have someone there with you just in case things go wrong.
65. The only time an aviator can look down on people is when he is flying over them.
66. Flying is a lot like horseback riding. If you fall off, it’s probably your fault.
67. A plane can be compared to a boat in the sky, a train that doesn’t need tracks, and a car with wings. If you are not one of these people, you need to learn how to fly.
68. An aviator’s life is filled with memories of beautiful skies, majestic clouds, and the thrill of adventure.
69. The most important thing in aviation is your safety. After that, it’s everybody else’s.
70. A good aviator always has a plan B.
71. You can’t tell a book by its cover, but you can judge an aviator by his aircraft!
72. The joy of flying is not in the destination but in the journey, so keep your eyes on the horizon, not on the ground!
73. When you travel by air, you are an ambassador for your country; make sure that you are worthy of that title.
74. In aviation, the sky is no longer the limit; it’s just another step towards it.
75. To fly, you need a light plane, a good tailwind, and a lot of luck.
76. You don’t fly an aeroplane, you marry it. And then it marries you right back.
77. As an aviator, take the road less travelled. It makes all the difference.
78. As an aviator, always follow your gut, and don’t be afraid to take risks.
79. The sky is not the limit. The earth is. Adventure is out there.
80. You have to be a special kind of person to endure the long, cold hours of flight and have the best view in the world. The world is yours when you are flying above it.
81. In aviation, it’s upsetting to lose an engine.
82. If your aeroplane is your mistress, let her be your dream mistress. Enjoy her. Keep her in tip-top shape. Excite her with new clothes and shiny metal. Tell yourself she’s a thoroughbred, and treat her like one.
83. Dear aviator, it’s not the size of your jet, it’s what you do with it.
84. In aviation, it’s not the number of hours you fly, it’s what you do with those hours.
85. What goes up, must come down. But it won’t be the same when we go up again.
86. Your friendly neighbourhood aviator is here to deliver you some aviation quotes – Stay tuned.
87. In aviation, how you treat your customers is as important to you as how well you fly.
88. The sky is the limit when the engine’s running!
89. To fly, climb, and then dive. The sheer ecstasy of speed.
90. Flying is freedom. There’s no in-between, no connection that can match the feeling of being airborne.
91. Fly safely and keep smiling. There’s no traffic in the extra lane.
92. You are an aviator, and you are in three places at once: At home, on the road, and in the air.
93. Soaring through the sky is not just for aviators, it’s for anyone who wants to feel like they’re flying.
94. We think nothing is impossible – this is a story of how we are using our imagination to overcome the many challenges that aviation faces.
95. To fly is one of life’s great freedoms.
96. In aviation, first you fly a jet, then you learn to land it safely.
97. Flying a jet is nothing. Landing one safely is another thing, however.
98. Successful flying is the job of an aviator who can land safely.
99. In aviation, you learn to fly a plane before you learn how to land it safely.
100. Aviators always need to be cautious, even after mastering the art of flying.
I hope you find the collection of aviation quotes for Instagram I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends.