The struggle is real, and it’s exhausting. The worst part is when you’re not even aware of it. You are in a constant battle with yourself. You’re fighting to be happy. You’re fighting to be productive. You’re fighting to be healthy. And the enemy is your mind telling you that you can’t do it, or that you don’t deserve it, or that it’s too hard, or that it’s not worth the effort.
And you listen to this voice inside your head every single day, whether you realize it or not. Sometimes, we give in to our inner critics; sometimes we fight back against them; sometimes we just ignore them altogether. But they’re always there in one form or another, whispering in our ears and making us question whether we should get up out of bed today or stay in bed all day.
The good news is that this battle between ourselves and our minds can be won. With practice, we can train ourselves to recognize when these negative thoughts start creeping up on us and take control of them before they run away with us. All we need is to be mindful by simply being aware of what’s happening around us and in our bodies at any given moment without judgment or attachment to the experience. It helps us tune into our bodies and emotions without feeling overwhelmed by them.
Below is a collection of battling your own mind quotes that contain so many ways we can have a healthy battle with our minds.
Battling Your Own Mind Quotes
Battling your mind is like fighting a wild animal. To be successful, you need to be brave and confident in yourself, but always know the risks when you face them. You will lose from time to time, but it is all worth it because it pushes you farther.
1. Battling your mind will help you become stronger, smarter and more confident. Everyone can make changes in their life but it often takes practical guidance and a motivating partner to push them over the divide.
2. The mind is the battlefield where we fight our everyday struggles against ourselves and others. It’s a battlefield because it contains all of the tools we need to succeed: our thoughts, emotions, behaviours, memories and experiences. It has been called “the battlefield for our soul” where we can choose who to be and what to do with our lives.
3. We all have those moments when we struggle with our thoughts. The mind can be a powerful ally when we need it, but it can also be unruly and stubborn. This is where meditation comes in. It helps us become aware of everything going on in our minds and body at that moment so that we can learn to respond with balance and calm.
4. Battling your mind can be hard, but you must fight on. You are the one who will defeat your mind and conquer it. The power of the mind is strong, but you can use that power to your advantage. Push through rough times and make the best out of them so, one day you will be able to look back on yourself and say “You did it!”
5. There are two types of battles: the ones we fight against other people and the ones we fight against ourselves. The first group makes a huge noise and attracts a lot of attention. But when it comes to personal battles, it’s often invisible and silent. It takes courage to admit that you struggle with something because you fear being looked down upon by others or judged as “weak” or “crazy.”
6. Challenge your mind to find new thoughts and ways to interpret something. This will help you learn more than just what is written, but what you understand about a subject that comes from within.
7. Be clear about your intentions, challenge your thoughts and develop a growth mindset. Don’t underestimate the power of your mind when it comes to finding your true happiness, purpose and success.
8. Battling your mind is a mix of mental change and taking action. One thing to remember is that you can always get through it, even on the worst days — even when everything goes wrong. You’ll learn how to see what truly happens as opposed to what you think or feel.
9. Your mind is like a monkey; it jumps from tree to tree, and unless you see it, it cannot be caught. If you would control your mind, you must learn how to focus on one thing at a time.
10. Our thoughts are powerful. They create our future. Use your mind to battle against negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones, because the truth is that you can have a great life!
11. Battling your mind is like battling the elements. At first, it seems like a battle you can win. Then, something comes along and changes your circumstances—and you find yourself thinking thoughts you never thought possible. Your mind can seemingly escape its boundaries when it wants to because it knows how to trick you into believing that there’s always more than one answer to any problem.
12. Battle your mind, but know when to surrender. Sometimes you need to rest and recharge. At other times, we must push through the mental fatigue, training our minds for battle.
13. Your mind is a powerful tool that can help you achieve whatever you want. But it is also a dangerous weapon because it always wants to fight back. If you’re not strong enough to control your mind, it will be controlling your actions eventually and that could mean losing everything.
14. Your mind is a powerful thing. You can either let the things that you fear in life control your thoughts, or you can control them. Be challenged to choose the latter and make something great happen.
15. The battle of the mind is critical to success. To be great, one must first think great thoughts. You can do this by choosing to focus on positive thoughts and avoiding dwelling on negative ones.
16. Sometimes, the battle that occurs in your subconscious mind is far more difficult to win than any outward battle you may face. Finding a way to talk to it and communicate your needs can be powerful.
17. Everybody battles their mind. Some people have learned how to not let it bother them. They go through the motions and they focus on what they’re doing instead of what their mind is telling them. It’s all about choice; who you choose to be as a person.
18. The battle of your mind is the most important of your life. The outcome of that battle will determine whether you are a success or failure, happiness or misery in the world. That battle determines whether you have the power to control your destiny or if others will control it for you.
19. The battle is between your conscious mind and your subconscious mind. It’s the ceaseless, lifelong struggle to achieve self-mastery.
20. You cannot defeat the negative with more negativity. You have to fight it with positive thoughts, to take it out with love and positivity.
21. It’s true that we’re all unique, but not just in our thoughts and opinions. When it comes to our emotions, they can also be different deep down inside. The problem is, sometimes they surprise us and become a challenge.
22. When you battle your mind, remind yourself of the value you are bringing to this world and keep reminding yourself that it is your actions and love for humanity that will help you overcome any obstacle.
23. We all have a battle to fight when it comes to our minds. You might have a goal in mind or a dream you want to see come true and this can be achieved, but it might not be easy. There are always going to be obstacles that get in your way and sometimes the hard part is recognising that you aren’t supposed to achieve them immediately.
24. Battling your mind is one of the most difficult things you will ever do. You have to learn how to control it and let it know that it does not control you. Don’t let your brain dictate the rules of the game.
25. Know your mind. Battle it when it is necessary. But don’t allow yourself to be taken over by negativity or doubt. Instead, know that the Universe is always with you and work diligently where there is a solution.
26. Stopping negative thoughts from taking over our lives can make all the difference. We will not succeed in fighting these battles alone, but by becoming aware that we are battling ourselves against negativity, we can overcome battles with our minds and hearts.
27. The mind is the resistance. It’s the obstacle to our greatness, or what we know to be true in our hearts. When you are aware that you have an active mind, it’s much easier to ask it not to interfere with your practice because you can no longer be fooled by it.
28. Sometimes the hardest battle you have is with your mind. Don’t fight your demons alone, let them join you in the fight, they are just as important as you are to your future.
29. Battling your mind is like fighting with an invisible opponent. It’s hard to see where the damage is coming from, so it’s hard to know what to do. But here you are, and you will have to find a way forward.
30. When you battle your mind, you’re dealing with the inner doubts and fears that hold you back or even paralyze you. This can quickly lead to panic and loss of control over your thoughts, emotions, and actions.
31. The mind is the battlefield on which all your mental battles shall be fought. It is by far the most important weapon you have because it determines how you think, so it dictates every choice you make and therefore controls everything that happens to you.
32. When you battle your mind, it makes you realize how important it is to trust in yourself. It will never give up on you so you have to learn how to accept the problem and find a way out of it.
33. Never mind being a winner. Think of yourself as a fighter. Think of yourself as someone who’s always in battle, who never surrenders, and who won’t accept defeat from anyone—not even yourself. That’s what attitude is.
34. You might think that your thoughts control you, but they don’t. They’re simply a creation of your mind which tells you to do things that aren’t necessarily right for you. If you feel like something isn’t right, then it probably isn’t. The best thing to do is find solutions to problems instead of stressing over them.
35. You are not invincible. You may be defeated but only if you don’t fight back. The one who gives up is the true loser – it is always easy to give up but when you do, you are a coward and unworthy of recognition.
36. Your mind is a powerful force. It can make you or break you, and it is always ready to throw in the towel. It tells you that this task is too hard or that person is too tough. You may find yourself dreading tasks, stuck on them because of something your mind says or allowing yourself to feel stuck because of these thoughts. Your mind would have you believe that you are weak if you don’t give up, but there’s always another way.
37. You can change the trajectory of your life by first changing your mind. If you want to develop habits that inspire, motivate and create success, you must be willing to fight against the enemy within; the mind.
38. You are not your mind. You are your thoughts. You are not your body. You are your consciousness. Your mind is not a safe place, it’s a battlefield, and it’s only by developing the inner strength that we can overcome the force that attacks us every day.
39. It is the mind that will get you through. If you have a positive mental attitude, and you have a goal to achieve, no matter what comes at you and no matter how many battles you may have to fight, if you just keep fighting them one at a time, then eventually they do end as long as you keep your eye on the ball. Keep going!
40. Battling your mind is part of the battle. Don’t let it win. You will overcome but remember: it’s not easy. You have to fight through a lot of obstacles to get there, and some days will be harder than others.
41. There are several battles you have to fight to defeat the enemy that is within you. One of these battles is the battle with your mind. The battle of the mind is one of the hardest battles any human being will ever fight and because of your human nature you will always be able to lose but remember winning a single battle means you will win this war.
42. Don’t let your mind be a bully. It’s your best friend, not your enemy. Know when you’re in a situation where you need to shut it out and match your thoughts with how you feel.
43. Battling your mind is the hardest thing to do. It’s like trying to stop a stampede of angry bulls. You can fight, you can defy their strength, but you always end up being destroyed by them. And when they have you, they take everything away from you.
44. Battling your mind is a skill. It takes practice, determination and patience to overcome the negative thoughts that run through our heads in the most challenging of times.
45. Your greatest battles are not with other people. They are with you. You know what you have to do, but you won’t do it unless you make a decision, get up and take action.
46. Battling your mind is a battle between two forces: you versus yourself. The strength of your self-doubt and good thoughts about overcoming it will determine the outcome.
47. There is a battle still taking place in your mind that you must fight. You have established many rules, which have been reinforced again and again to your subconscious mind, based on past experiences. Now there comes a time when those same old patterns no longer fit your life as it is today. You must shift your whole way of thinking, adjust your rules and make new decisions on what to do about them — once and for all.
48. No one can master the mind. It is a great mystery because it is our greatest treasure, and if we want to become more powerful than our circumstances, we must master it. We are battling with ourselves at every moment of our lives.
49. Don’t let negative thinking take over your mind. If you do nothing else, stop telling yourself “You will never be good enough!” Look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I am good enough. Now, go for it!!”
50. You decide how to think, and if you want to change your thinking, you can do that. It is up to you. If the mind had it, you will face many obstacles and difficulties in your life, but you need to remain strong, confident and positive attitude to get rid of this.
51. Beating an enemy may seem like a simpler and more effective resolution to conflict than negotiating. There is a vital and often ignored factor that can make all the difference between life, death and misery: the mind.
52. When your future rests on the tip of a sword, you realize that you are running out of time. At times like these, there’s no use in holding back. Then your body must be ready to fight.
53. It’s not easy to pretend everything is alright when it’s not. It’s even harder to battle your mind and find the courage to make a change because of it but if you can, then you’ll never stop growing.
54. One of the great battles of life involves overcoming the struggles in your mind. Don’t let fear, doubt and worry keep you from experiencing all that life has to offer.
55. Battling your mind is the most dangerous battle on this earth. Our mind can make us sick or kill us, but after tackling it fully and being able to win against it you feel like you can do anything.
56. When you are battling your mind, remember how important it is to stay balanced and connected with yourself. Don’t let the negative voices in your head overwhelm you.
57. Battling your mind will help you to achieve. If you battle with all you have, not only will you be victorious, but you will be one of the best in your category or field.
58. You can’t control your thoughts, but you can control what you do with them. The most important thing to remember about battling with your mind is that the more afraid you are of something, the more it will hurt you—because your fear magnifies the problem.
59. Battling your mind, is like battling with a mirage. It will always blink before you, and it is up to you, to fight your way through. You must never give up, even when everything seems hopeless.
60. The mind is a powerful tool and the body is often controlled by it. Successful people can control their thoughts and emotions by expanding their minds, taking risks, achieving goals, and doing what they want to do. Anyone can be successful just by believing in themselves.
61. Battling your mind is an important part of self-discipline and mental strength. You have to let go of the preconceived idea that you are in control of your thoughts, or that you can always accept them. There will come a point at which you will be forced to choose between inner peace or chaos.
62. Fighting with your mind is a battle between your ego and your soul. Your ego will do anything to protect itself and hold on to what it believes will give it power, but the soul is pure by nature. It seeks truth, freedom, love and peace. And only when you learn how to listen to your soul can you achieve true peace in life.
63. Your mind is a great battlefield, and your thoughts are what you battle. If you allow fear and worry to overcome you, they will render you helpless and crippled. You must never let them take hold of your mind; always persist with faith and hope.
64. When you battle your mind, you have already won because most people have given up fighting. You have a bigger will and determination than those who succumb to their minds’ games.
65. The battle for your mind is no mere metaphor. It’s real, and it takes place every day, often many times a day. You have probably already lost many battles with your mind. Lessons learned through bitter experiences are never enough to deal with each new situation that arises. You need to prepare and train yourself ahead of time so you can better deal with unpleasant situations when they come along.
66. You were born to be the best. Believe your mind over your heart. Your mind needs to battle against the pain. You must believe your thoughts are not real and you must beat them back with your words. Believe that you can do it, fight hard enough and persevere against them, and this will bring you great success.
67. You may be given a difficult, challenging task, but it is the kind of challenge that will let you grow. You are made to rise above the illusion of fear and live your dreams come true.
68. You cannot win with your mind, and you cannot win without your mind. But how do you control it? When your mind becomes the source of your fear or pain, you are no longer living; You are only existing where the mind takes you, wherever it takes you.
69. Battling your mind is a matter of knowing that you can. You have incredible power. And you can tap into it to achieve any goal you want. And when you’re down and out, there is nothing more powerful than the human spirit and its ability to overcome obstacles.
70. Most of our struggles are internal. Our minds can work against us more than any other opponent we’ll ever face. It’s the battle of the mind that separates the best from the rest. The goal is to control and assert your will over your thoughts, feelings, and emotions
71. You can’t win a fight with your mind, you’ll always be defeated. We all make mistakes but it is how we learn from them that defines the quality of our lives. And a defeatist attitude will almost certainly lead to failure. It’s not about being better than somebody else, it’s about being your best self.
72. No matter who you are and what you have been through, no matter how long it has been since you’ve conquered your demons or how many times they have conquered you, every day is a new opportunity to regain control.
73. Human beings can change their lives by changing their attitudes. You are the master of your fate, the captain of your soul. It’s all up to you, what you make of yourself. If you want to win, the battle has to be fought within.
74. If you think that your mind is the enemy then you are mistaken. The mind will always help you but sometimes it tries to trick you by feeding false information that can waste a lot of time and energy. When you understand this, the battle is easier.
75. Take on life’s battles head-on with a new way of thinking. Embrace your mind, and don’t shy away from fear, anxiety and doubt. Know that these emotions are normal. Learn how to conquer them—instead of being conquered by them.
76. Even though we can’t control what happens to us in life, we can control our reactions and how we choose to respond. In these situations, it’s important to remember that the only person who truly has power is you.
77. The mind is a powerful thing, and it can make or break you. You have to be strong and fight with everything you’ve got. And once you beat it, you can finally be free.
78. When you are battling your mind, it feels like you are digging yourself out of a bog and wading through a swamp at the same time. When trying to do both at the same time, can be very strenuous. However, if you dig deep enough and fight harder than ever before, not only will you come out on top, but your soul will be stronger after travelling this long and difficult journey. Don’t give up hope or lose faith because better days are ahead.
79. When you’re battling your mind, what do you say to yourself? The trick is to change the words. Many people are in the trap of telling themselves ‘you can’t do this or ‘you have to do this. That puts that person in a power struggle with their brain. If you tell yourself ‘I’m going to do this, that’s very different. You’re not forcing yourself, you’re inviting yourself.
80. A battle is more than a struggle to overcome a foe. A battle is a test of your ability to focus and make the right choices in times of high stress. If you want to grow as a person and reach your full potential, then you need to learn how to fight your mind.
81. The mind is a powerful tool, one that can either be used for good or bad. To plan your future and battle the negative voices in your mind, you need to think big but stay grounded. Don’t let those negative thoughts stop you in your tracks.
82. Because life is a battle and we are the warriors. We aren’t fighting against other people. We are fighting against ourselves, our weaknesses, our past relationships and mistakes, and against diseases and things that happened to us as children. There is no competition here. It’s us against us, beating out demons that live within us.
83. Finding out that we don’t have to believe everything our brain tells us can be hard when we’re used to believing it. But learning to be your authority is one of the keys to finding true freedom and happiness in life.
84. Battling your mind is a war you will have to fight every day until you die. The battles will only get harder as you age, but you can win this war. Be brave and keep going!
85. Battling your mind is like being on a journey. It’s not always an easy one, but the knowledge at the end serves as a reward for the struggles you endure. The reward is your mind becoming strong and healthy once again.
86. A battle is happening in your mind and heart. It is a fierce one, but there is victory in the end. Set your mind on things above to keep it strong and encourage yourself with prayer.
87. The world is a harsh place, but if you don’t believe that you can succeed, the battle will be lost before it begins. The challenge is to accept failures early and try again but never let yourself stay defeated for too long.
88. The mind is like a big ocean, full of thoughts and feelings. You are not your mind. You are something beyond it. You’re consciousness, you are awareness, you are the space in which thoughts and feelings appear like ripples on the water. Get in touch with your deep inner silence.
89. Battling your mind is never an easy task, but once you learn to conquer it, you will realize that the battle was worth it. The battle with your mind will teach you more than any book or lecture ever could.
90. One of the most difficult things about battling your mind is realizing that in many ways, it is an attractive force. The power of the mind can be used to achieve great success or to create great pain. And often, there is nothing in between.
91. It’s not always easy to fight the demons in our minds, but you strengthen your body when you train. You strengthen your mind by pushing it beyond its comfort zone, but even more importantly by challenging your beliefs, dismissing the excuses and putting in the work. This will help you reach new heights, but beware: it takes time to earn that respect inside of yourself.
92. You can have it all, but you can’t have it all at once. As much as you want to get everything perfect, be happy and worry-free, and live life without any problems or obstacles on your way, the truth is that that’s impossible. Nobody is perfect and we’re all working through our issues. Battling your mind is a constant struggle but it’s one that you’re going through for a reason.
93. Our thoughts control our happiness, motivation, confidence and success. When you battle your mind, you’re going up against something much more powerful than any person. The only thing stopping you is what you think.
94. The mind is the most powerful weapon on the planet. It can create things that don’t exist and destroy things that do. All of the powers in the universe combined don’t match up to the capabilities of your mind.
95. Battle your mind, to know you can control it. Then when things have a hold of your emotions, you have the understanding that you are the master of all situations and circumstances.
96. You can’t have your mind being your worst enemy. You’ve got to use it and put it to good use. Not just for yourself but for other people that are going through the same thing as you.
97. Trying to see through the images of your mind is like trying to breathe underwater. It’s possible; you can and will do it, but it takes practice. Start by being honest with yourself.
98. Becoming the best version of yourself can be a difficult process, especially when you’re going through life’s ups and downs. But don’t let your thoughts get in the way of achieving your goals.
99. The most important thing you can do, when battling your mind and self-doubt, is to set the bar high
and to keep pushing it higher. Because if you don’t challenge yourself, no one else will.
100. The main fight lies with your mind. Many of us battle this self-doubt and negative talk. If you can come to terms with what feeds it, you can tame it and let go of the negativity.
From the collection of battling your own mind quotes, I hope you were able to get some approaches to battling your mind. This will be helpful to others, so please share the post while also leaving a comment. Thank you.