Football players are hard-working, dedicated, and talented athletes. They dedicate more time than most to their craft and live a very spartan lifestyle. All this striving for excellence is admirable but does come at a cost, even though it’s worth it in the end.
Football is more than just a game. It’s a competitive, passionate and demanding sport about staying physically and mentally tough. It’s about not giving up because of pain or mistakes. It’s about getting up after you’ve been knocked down.
It takes a special kind of toughness to succeed in football, so only the truly dedicated can make it to the pros. Players are expected to have a lot of energy and determination, and it’s important for them to stay motivated to succeed.
These best motivational quotes for football players can get you motivated to make better performances in your next match. These words can inspire you and your teammates or someone you know who’s a football player to achieve excellence at any point of the game.
Best Motivational Quotes for Football Players
The best football players are the ones who do not give up on their dreams of winning. In the off-season, that’s the time football players take their game to the next level. A great player is not born; he’s made.
1. Hit the field running this season. Be determined to succeed and willing to work hard at anything you do.
2. It’s not about how bad you want to play. It’s about how bad you want to be the best.
3. Being the best version of yourself takes hard work and dedication. Don’t ever stop believing in your potential, even when tough things.
4. Not everyone can go pro, but everyone can make it to the top of the stairs.
5. We all have a burning desire to be something more. But if you aren’t willing to do the little things, it will never happen.
6. Whether you fail or triumph, you have done your best and have the satisfaction of knowing that you have done your best.
7. Don’t be afraid to be great. Football wasn’t made for the faint of heart.
8. Don’t just practice, train to be an athlete and a champion.
9. Nothing worth having comes easy. The harder you work, the more you have to show for it. That’s what a trophy is for.
10. Don’t get discouraged. Sports is 90% mental, and the other half is physical.
11. It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up. Get back on the field and play some football.
12. What separates the good football players from the elite? The ones who work harder.
13. You need to play with your mind, not your heart. Think before you act.
14. The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare.
15. Football tests your heart and soul like no other sport.
16. Football is a game where strength and heart count for everything. It’s a place where legends are made.
17. Greatness is forged in the fires of discipline.
18. Be like water ― it flows. Be like the sun, which brightens everything it touches. Be like a flower, which grows with love.
19. Football players have to be tough—so do you. It’s time to get ready for the game! Build your courage with this exclusive training video of players putting in that extra work before hitting the field.
20. You’re playing against yourself. You’re trying to be better than you were the day before.
21. Prepare yourself mentally and physically, then go out there and have fun. There is no need to pressure yourself by trying to perfect every little thing.
22. Football is a heart-racing sport about making dreams happen.
23. In football, there’s no time for quitters. You give 110% or you get nothing.
24. In football, there’s no better feeling than the rush of victory. Get your super bowl on.
25. Football is a game that builds champions. Just being out on the field in pads is a blessing. Trust your training. Go out and play with confidence.
26. The depth of a champion is determined by the strength of his desire, the height of his ambition, and the width of his vision.
27. Not everyone is going to understand the choices you make. Be strong enough to live with the consequences.
28. To have a successful career, you have to be willing to give more than is required.
29. Football is a game of grit, daring, and determination. It’s the pursuit of the perfect play, hard hits, and strong defence.
30. You don’t play for the money. You don’t play for the crowds. You play with passion for the game and loyalty to your team.
31. Celebrate your wins, learn from your losses, and enjoy the game.
32. The greats weren’t great because they could kick a ball at birth. They were great because they’d rather be great than good.
33. Your success is defined by the goals you’ve set. Win today with a new routine, even if it’s just a single rep.
34. Once you realise that it’s not whether you win or lose but how you play the game, your whole perspective changes.
35. I’m not working hard. I am challenging myself to be the best that I can become.
36. It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up.
37. Never give up on your dreams. Keep working hard, and someday you’ll achieve them.
38. Every great achievement started with a dream. Always keep pushing.
39. Get it! It takes bravery to grow up and become who you are.
40. The only limits of your achievement are those you set for yourself.
41. Football is a beautiful game, but it’s played in an ugly way. That’s why we must all strive to be above it.
42. Each season, your opponents dream about taking your spot at the league’s top. Why not you?
43. It’s all about mental, physical, and emotional preparation. That’s what makes champions.
44. Don’t forget about the little things that helped you become a champion.
45. Practice hard, train harder. Stay humble and hungry. Do the right things.
46. You can’t win the game in the first half, but you can lose it.
47. The hunger to win is much more important than the desire to be right.
48. You have to lose yourself in the game, and when you do that, the game loses its power over you.
49. Success doesn’t come to you. You go to it. And the same is true with failure.
50. When you come to a hill, you do not turn your back on it; you climb it.
51. Champions aren’t made in gyms; champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision.
52. You can’t avoid those moments in sports—the pressure is on, the crowd is roaring, and your coach is looking. When it matters most, your ability to perform at your best separates the great from the good.
53. If you’re not ready to win, you shouldn’t be playing.
54. You were born to do great things. Now get out there and do them!
55. Football is a battle of the fittest, where you show your heart and soul like no other sport. Are you ready?
56. If you’re tired, keep going. If you’re scared, keep going. If you want to taste victory, keep going.
57. It’s the little details that win championships.
58. What separates the good from the great is how often they get back up when knocked down.
59. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. This week, we’re going to redesign our workouts, so they’re faster—so you’ll be more efficient.
60. If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving; you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on. And so today, I still have a dream.
61. The path to success is always under construction.
62. With long hours and plenty of hard work, it’s no wonder that football players are often among the fittest athletes in the world.
63. Training my mind, body and soul in the off-season to give it my all when I get back on the field.
64. Don’t give up. Work harder. Get better. When you win, celebrate as you’ve never celebrated before!
65. Fall is the best time to get in the zone and dial it up one more time before the season ends—and we’re here to help you do just that.
66. It’s not that you weren’t good enough to play on a team. It’s that you chose not to play because it wasn’t fun.
67. Greatness is built in the off-season. Train hard, play harder.
68. No dream is too big, and no challenge is too great. What are you going to do today to reach your full potential?
69. I don’t regret the past because I learned from it. I don’t fear the future because I have faith in it. And I certainly don’t worry about anything today because today is enough.
70. If you have no hustle, you have nothing.
71. I’m here to play football, not to win awards and accolades. All I need is one NFL team to believe in me and allow me the chance to be great.
72. No matter what happens this season, you can find a positive in it. Keep your head up. Work hard. It will pay off.
73. Let’s get down to business; we’ve got a game to win.
74. When you play like a champion, you don’t have to say you’re a champion. –
75. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. And if you’re that guy, it’s a hundred-yard dash.
76. Work hard and never forget that success is only a few good breaks away.
77. You have all the tools you need right now to be successful. Now buckle up and get to work.
78. Football is a tough, physical game. It’s a man’s game. There’s no place for weak players on a football field.
79. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
80. Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
81. The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
82. Your mind is not your own. Your coach will tell you that it can make you a better player if you use it right. Many factors include remarkable speed, skill, strength, and even luck. But the one factor that is up to you every time you step on that field is your mental game.
83. The best athletic performance is the one you didn’t think you had.
84. We’re already thinking about this season and how we will get better from last year. Ready, set, go!
85. Winning isn’t everything but wanting to win is. Put yourself in a positive frame of mind before stepping onto the field.
86. They say it’s the ultimate test of character. It can break you, but if you keep working, it’ll make you a champion.
87. The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
88. Football inspires dreams, strength, and the determination to rise above any obstacle.
89. If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.
90. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act—but a habit.
91. Football is the ultimate test of a man. It will push you to your limits both mentally and physically.
92. If you want to see how resilient you are and if you can push yourself to the limit, then football is for you.
93. Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.
94. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
95. Good luck and a good game on the field; let’s win together. We believe in you!
96. There’s work on every play. You’ve got to keep grinding. It’s a process. The film doesn’t lie.
97. Autumn leaves are falling, and days are getting shorter. Football weather is finally here! Let’s throw the ball around and play some catch.
98. Be the type of person who makes their teammates better.
99. Train hard. Train smart. Trust the process. Dreams have come from further away than you are right now.
100. To be champions, we must train at a championship level.
101. Quit worrying about the end of the game and play one down at a time.
102. There’s no time for failure. There’s only time for winning and learning.
103. It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
104. The ability to continue growing and improving separates the elite from the rest.
105. Football puts you in situations where no other sport will test you. It’s a game of winning and losing, but it’s also a game of character and strength and wanting it more than the next man.
106. Football is what I do. It’s not who I am. Always keep on growing.
107. Football is a sport of perseverance. Keep your eye on the ball, and don’t let the opposition break your spirits.
108. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing. Work to be your best, and leave everything on the field.
109. Football is not a game of chance; It is a game of skill. Skill wins games, and skill beats luck anytime.
110. If you want to win the game, if you want to make history, if you want to be remembered as one of the greats, that’s what you go for.
111. Winning is important, but how you win is more important. How you play the game is everything.
112. These are the moments that will define your legacy.
113. The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.
Keep in mind that many things go into making a great football player, but motivation is one aspect you want to improve upon. The best thing you can do is surround yourself with motivating quotes that will hopefully inspire you during challenging times on the field. These best motivational quotes for football players apply to you and help you perform at your highest level.