Do you know someone who is always angry and negative? Someone who can’t seem to let go of the past and move on? If so, then you know a bitter person. Bitter people are unhappy and dissatisfied. They are never satisfied and are always finding fault with others. If you are close to a bitter person, you might find yourself walking on eggshells, never knowing what will set them off.
Personally, I don’t know anyone who deserves the title “bitter”. No one ought to be a bitter person because bitterness destroys relationships, creates chaos, and ultimately destroys the bitter person. However, it’s not all doom and gloom. There is hope for bitter people. With help, they can learn to let go of their anger and negativity. They can learn to be happier and to find contentment.
Bitterness is considered a negative emotion. But what if it’s a sign of something deeper? What if it’s a sign that something is wrong? If you’re worried about a friend or family member who seems bitter, it might be time to talk with them. It’s important to watch out for some of the signs pointed out in the bitter person quotes below. While it’s humane to help a bitter person become better, protecting yourself is important.
Bitter Person Quotes
The life of a bitter person is never easy to live. Your mind is always ranting about what you don’t have or experiencing something you don’t like. You will try to find a way to overcome it, but the bitterness and its effects will keep on killing the lives of those around you.
1. The life of a bitter person is a miserable, sad, and grey existence. A bitter person has lost his or her ability to enjoy all that life has to offer. There is nothing sweet or good in their lives anymore.
2. When you see someone bitter, it’s important to understand their reasons for being that way. A person with bitterness in his heart can be dangerous to those around him. Their emotions so blind them that they cannot see the truth.
3. If you look in the mirror and all you see is what a bitter person looks like, you need to break free from negative thoughts and change your life for the better.
4. The bitterness that lives in the heart of a bitter person is like the evil flame on the tip of a spear.
5. A bitter person feels nothing in his heart and believes that nothing can make him happy
6. A bitter person is a person who carries a grudge and holds on to it longer than they should. A bitter person thrives on strife.
7. Bitterness is a dangerous and destructive thing to have in your life. It can damage everything around you, including the people you love.
8. A bitter person will never be happy with him or herself unless he learns how to change his negative thinking, behaviours and attitudes.
9. We should not fear a bitter person because his worst aspect is kept hidden behind closed doors.
10. A bitter person is incapable of seeing the truth, no matter how clearly it is presented.
11. Bitterness is a choice. People in love with their circumstances will not make things better for themselves. Sadness is a choice, and happiness is an outcome of your actions.
12. A bitter person is blinded so much that he cannot see anything sweet or good in life. Do not let him destroy your happiness with his hate and anger.
13. As a result of bitterness, a bitter person gets stuck in a vicious cycle where nothing ever seems to work out for them.
14. If a bitter person is someone who does not understand the sweet taste of success, don’t allow him in your life.
15. A bitter person always seeks validation from others, instead of creating it for themselves. They’re afraid to take risks and fear failure so much that when they do fail, they lash out at the world.
16. Bitter people are sometimes misunderstood and mistreated by others. They often create a haughty aura around themselves, which can intimidate others.
17. A bitter person is blinded to the beauty of life because he has become so used to feeling bad.
18. A bitter person is twisted; they do not realize how difficult life can be with bitterness and how much better they will feel if they keep the bitterness out of their lives.
19. A bitter person is blinded so much that he sees everything as negative and hopeless, and it takes a strong person to see through a bitter person’s eyes.
20. Bitterness is not just a feeling. It is an actual disease that will destroy any bitter person if allowed.
21. It’s hard for anyone to be happy when they feel there is nothing to be happy about. But if you can let go of your bitterness, you can start living a happier life.
22. Bitterness can ruin everything good in life. So, if you spot someone being bitter, you should try to avoid him or her.
23. Bitter people usually have a negative outlook on life, which leads them never to see the good in everything and everyone.
24. A bitter person has a lot of anger and holds on to it. They also have a grudge against the world. Bitter people are not good friends and cannot be a good company to you either.
25. Bitterness is a disease that you can heal. There are many ways to do so, and once you realize this and have started the process, things will change for you.
26. If you come across a bitter person, treat him/her with respect and kindness. A bitter person is not blind, but he cannot see clearly.
27. We all know the feeling of being bitter. A broken heart, a failed relationship or a bad day can all build up to this unpleasant feeling.
28. With bitterness, there’s no room for betterment. With love, there’s always room for betterment
29. Bitter people have trouble showing their true selves to the world because they are ashamed of what they have become and blame society for everything.
30. It takes a lot of courage to be a bitter person. But, it’s so much more rewarding and fulfilling when you can learn to overcome being bitter and turn into a happier person.
31. A bitter person is a person who is lost in feelings of anger, sadness, or envy. These feelings can be so powerful that they can cause a person to ignore the reality of the situation and instead dwell on his negative emotions.
32. A bitter person is a hurtful, mean person who does not have the ability to see what is good in life.
33. Bitterness is horrible; it ruins your life and makes you die a little bit inside every day.
34. If you’re a bitter person, it’s important that you take time to change. Please make an effort to understand your bitterness and learn how to deal with it through better coping skills and practices.
35. Don’t be blinded by bitterness. It will drag you to the bottom of despair. Be the change you want to see in the world.
36. A person who has a bitter personality is not allowed to have peace and happiness in his life
37. Bitterness is a state of being that leads to the destruction of life and love. Being a bitter person can be one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself.
38. A bitter person might have to use the wisdom of four women to change his life.
39. There are times in everyone’s life when they feel down, depressed and unhappy. However, bitterness is not an emotion one should try to avoid because it can cripple a person’s life.
40. Bitterness is a disease. It does not kill people, but it kills everything it touches, the same way a bitter person spreads poison to everything he touches
41. Bitterness is toxic. It blinds you from seeing what’s important in life. The smallest bit of bitterness never does anyone any good.
42. Don’t put up with a bitter person. Don’t befriend one. A bitter person can make you feel like nothing is worth it and ultimately lose out on life.
43. To overcome feelings of bitterness, you need to talk openly with someone in your life who will listen compassionately and help you gain perspective on what might be troubling you.
44. Bitterness is a dark cloud that can hang over your life for years, if not forever.
45. Bitterness is a painful experience. It feels like an emptiness in your heart that makes you feel miserable, frustrated, and even hopeless. This misery can go on for years if you become bitter about everything.
46. Bitterness is an ugly, destructive thing that can lead to several undesirable consequences. It can be dangerous.
47. Sometimes, you’d encounter bad days in life, making it difficult to see the good in someone. In such times, ensure you don’t entertain bitterness for too long.
48. There is a certain kind of person that you want to avoid, especially if you are new to the world. It is easy to see them coming from a mile away because of their negative attitude and stubbornness.
49. Bitterness is an unproductive emotion. It is like driving a car with no gas in the tank. You won’t get very far before you run out of fuel and crash into a wall or something else.
50. Life is too short to be a bitter person. If you are one, do all you can do to get rid of it.
51. The life of a bitter person is short; they will never be happy enough to give you what you want. They are very selfish and think only about themselves.
52. Bitterness is a disease that makes your heart hard. Bitterness can cause you to become bitter and angry. Bitterness is the sad state of being unhappy with life and yourself.
53. If you are bitter, know there is hope. There is always hope for a bitter person to be better.
54. The people who care about you are the ones who feel bad for you and try to help, but they don’t know what to do, so they end up doing the wrong thing, which in turn makes it worse. So stop being bitter and start caring about other people’s feelings!
55. You can’t turn bitter people into sweet people, but what you can do is tell them their bitterness is hurting everyone around them.
56. Bitterness is a sad situation, but you can break it. Ignoring the negative aspects of life only makes them stronger.
57. We often forget that bitter people don’t mean to be. They become that way through small events and decisions, not by one overwhelming event. If you can change a bitter person’s mind about something small, he or she may have the courage to try another idea or behaviour.
58. The life of a bitter person is rather miserable, and it’s not just because they have low self-esteem. A bitter person has so much anger that it can be contagious, and people around them will have difficulty dealing with their negative energy.
59. A person who is a bit of a bitter person is someone who’s constantly being critical about everything. They might have hard feelings about things in their life and can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
60. Bitter people make you feel bad about yourself, your life and the world at large.
61. If you don’t get what’s wrong with bitter people, then it’ll be hard for you to understand how they can be so destructive.
A Bitter Person Quotes
A bitter person is like an open wound, taking a long time to heal, and even harder for it to be all right again. Though his words may be full of negativity and resentment, there is often some truth to what he says.
62. A bitter person is narrow-minded, selfish and unwilling to see the good in other people. They will blame everyone and everything for their failures and misfortunes.
63. A bitter person loves nothing but himself or herself. We all have our faults and failures, but bitterness can become a disease that destroys you from the inside out.
64. A bitter person has little to no understanding of the world around him. He is so blinded by hatred and anger that he’s incapable of seeing the beauty in life.
65. A bitter person doesn’t know how to appreciate and celebrate the little things in life because they are too consumed with what they don’t have. They are not able to look past the negative and see the positive.
66. A bitter person will have little peace of mind as he becomes irritable. Just as water and fire are incompatible, so are a bitter heart and the path of peace.
67. A bitter person is an unskillful person. A person who is unskilled in speech, who never learns and is always unpractised.
68. The life of a bitter person is full of obstacles. It can be hard to find the good in this world when all you see is bad!
69. A bitter person is blinded so much that he cannot see anything sweet or good in life. You must help this person see the truth.
70. The life of a bitter person is a sad case. Many reasons lead to this condition. Bitterness is a real disease, and we all can cure it. It’s best to treat it immediately so that you don’t get into more trouble.
71. Bitterness can destroy a bitter person. Bitterness is a disease that will affect your health and happiness if not dealt with.
72. Bitterness is an attitude. If you’re stuck in a cycle of bitterness, it can make you unhappy for the rest of your life.
73. The life of a bitter person is short and miserable. You won’t be happy or feel fulfilled, and it will take you even more time to recover from being with someone so toxic.
74. You don’t have to put up with a bitter person because they are usually full of themselves.
75. Don’t let bitterness get the best of you. It can ruin your life and your relationships.
76. Being a bitter person is like being a lion in the jungle; every other creature lives in perpetual fear of you.
77. Be aware of the dangers of bitterness and realize that there are more beneficial ways to bring joy into your life.
78. True self-worth is never attained from others. It comes from you, and the more bitter you become, the more you deny your self-worth.
79. There is nothing more damaging to our souls and hearts than bitterness.
80. Do not be a bitter person. Learn how to accept people for who they are and learn how to see all the good in life.
81. The biggest things in life that make a person bitter are others and situations where they feel taken advantage of by others. To change someone’s negative attitude, you must understand what makes them this way.
82. You need to know when it’s time to count your losses and cut your ties with a bitter person because they’re not worth it.
83. The life of a bitter person is one of the never-ending regrets, being depressed, and feeling trapped in your mind.
84. Bitterness is a killer. It can kill you. It makes you think that everything bad in life is your fault and nothing good is coming to you, and it hurts inside because you turn your back on those you need most.
85. Now, don’t be fooled by the outward appearance of a bitter person. There is always something to like about him. It’s up to you to find out what it is.
86. A bitter person is not a person who never gets to experience the benefits of life but rather a person who has too many negative experiences and is unable to learn.
87. There is no true happiness. We keep going and going, trying to find our way through this maze-like life and hoping that someday we will hit the jackpot.
88. Bitterness is a poison that kills more than just those who are bitter. It also brings destruction to the people around them.
89. Don’t waste your time with a bitter person. He will only bring you down, and it will be hard to come back up again when you do.
90. Don’t waste your time on a bitter person. They’ll steal your dreams, mess up your mind and make you feel bad about yourself. Avoid them like the plague!
91. A bitter person has a narrow mind; such a person needs a vision for their future and business.
92. In life, it’s important to realize that there are ways to deal with any pain or problem, and it’s never too late to change your thought process.
93. A bitter person is like a poisonous plant. If you don’t remove it soon, it will kill you.
94. When a bitter person comes into your life, you should be careful because they are known to be dangerous.
95. A bitter person is self-centred, always takes things personally, and ignores what has happened. He cannot accept the good in life and never learns from bad things.
96. Be careful of a bitter person. They are like poison that can destroy everything around them.
97. Bitterness is one of the most destructive emotions. Bitterness harms not only the one who feels it but also those who are around him or her.
98. A bitter person is someone who never really grew up. Bitter people are always stuck in their adolescence and never mature as they should.
99. As much as it pains you to see a bitter person, know they need help and should be given a chance to change.
100. Bitterness is not a problem or disease but can be dangerous. If you are around a bitter person who is not making any effort to change their attitude, put some distance between you and that person.
101. There is a lot of bitterness in the world. It can be hard to recognize and fight against, but there are things you can do to help yourself and others who are suffering from it.
102. The life of a bitter person is not long and full of good things. When you are a bitter person, you will be affected in so many ways.
103. Be the light that shines the brightest in their life, not the bitter person who casts them into darkness.
104. A bitter person has been burnt and never got over it. Bitter people have a habit of hurting others because they have suffered from the same pain.
105. There is nothing sadder than a bitter person. He/She does not see anything good in life anymore, and it isn’t easy to become a better person in such a condition.
106. Don’t be a part of the problem, be someone who makes a difference! Bitterness will not make you better.
107. A bitter person can make you feel ill; it is difficult to be around them. Bitter people are hard to deal with and make you feel inferior on a personal level. They are not nice people to be around.
108. You would not like to be a bitter person. The bitterness in your heart can only hurt you.
109. Bitter people always find a reason to be unhappy. They always look around for someone to blame; the world is their enemy.
110. Bitterness is a dark and destructive mood, made worse by being around people who make you feel miserable.
111. Being bitter doesn’t mean you have to be a jerk. Don’t let bitterness ruin your life.
112. A bitter person will always be unhappy and discontent. They are always looking for some way to be mad at someone or something, even if they don’t have a valid reason to do so.
113. We can heal the brokenness in our life. We can be better for the people around us, and we can find happiness again.
114. Bitterness is a disease. It is not just a feeling but has the power to destroy. With the right tools and understanding of what causes bitterness, you can turn bitterness into something positive and useful.
115. Bitterness can be a dangerous disease. It’s not always your fault, but you must take care of it.
116. A bitter person is not as wise as a wise person. A bitter person is not as strong as a strong person. A bitter person is not as happy as a happy person. So, if you want to be happy, help yourself.
117. Sadness and bitterness are a poisonous cocktail, but they are a delight to the bitter person. Learn to avoid them before they destroy your life.
118. A person with bitterness in his/her heart can never be happy. Ensure you get insight into how it may affect your life and someone you love.
119. The life of a bitter person is a hard and tough road. Its bitterness can destroy a person from the inside out. Never befriend or put up with a bitter person, for it is easy to fall prey to the negativity of this kind of person.
120. Those who are bitter will not hesitate to destroy you. Don’t let them win.
121. Remember, being a bitter person makes you the natural enemy of happiness—and that’s something you can’t afford.
122. Bitter people who cannot open up to more sweetness should never be blamed, only helped.
123. A bitter person can easily be misused, and there is no soft spot for them in your heart. You will feel like you have lost everything when you know that they have destroyed it.
124. Bitterness is a disease that takes you over and makes everything look bleak, and it should never have a place in your life.
125. Bitterness is a poison that will kill you in your sleep. There’s no point in carrying it around like a guard dog with its leash attached to your waist. It doesn’t do any good, and everything it does is bad for you!
126. We live in a world that has made us bitter and jaded, but it can change. You can choose what you want to see, feel and experience, and being a bitter person should be your last option.
127. A bitter person is a person who lacks contentment. They cannot appreciate the good things that come their way and thus must complain about them to feel better.
128. Bitterness is like cancer that eats away at your soul and stops you from living life to its fullest.
129. There’s one lesson we can all learn from bitter people—it’s better to leave them be and move on than to try and force them into becoming someone they’re not.
130. Bitterness is an ugly, painful thing that we can overcome. Bitter people are often very depressed and have difficulty seeing the good in life.
131. A bitter person always wastes your time and energy. Even if you do good, they will not return the favour.
There are three types of people: those who love, hurt and hurt others. What a sad life we lead when we only identify with the first two groups. It’s time to take a stand and recognize that bitter people hurt all of us; keeping a bitter person in your life or surrounding yourself with bitter people can be harmful.
On second thoughts, the bitter person quotes you just read also point out that showing love and kindness towards a bitter person is necessary. This may seem like a tall order, but it’s important to encourage them to focus on the good in their life. Their bitterness could be for any reason, and though it’s not justified, you need to help them find things to be grateful for and help them find ways to build positive relationships. I hope your time here was a time well spent!