Keeping any type of relationship can be one of the most enriching experiences of your life. But at the same time, it can also present many challenges, struggles, and pain because relationships are naturally challenging, hard work, and take a lot of energy to function.
Relationships are mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting as you might have to force yourself to be free and vulnerable in order to connect with someone else. When you’re constantly struggling in your relationship, you begin to lose faith and hope. But comforting yourself with the right words can always help.
Below is a collection of challenging relationship quotes for everyone who has ever been in a relationship and wants to feel validated and understood. These emotional quotes will help you understand your situation better and may make you feel better.
Challenging Relationship Quotes
A challenging relationship is a lot to deal with, even with two people who love each other dearly. But which relationship is without challenges? When you sign up for a relationship, you sign up for a lifetime of ups and downs. The only way to escape challenges is the exit that takes you out of the relationship itself.
1. No relationship is easy. Both people have to be willing to work at it.
2. There’s no escaping the truth that couples face some of the toughest challenges and biggest heartbreaks.
3. Relationships are so challenging; they might as well be impossible.
4. Relationships are hard. But it’s always worth the work it takes to make them work.
5. In a relationship, when one partner is struggling, the other partner can feel like they are losing their mind.
6. Relationships are hard. They’re not always easy, and they never end perfectly.
7. Life with someone you love isn’t always easy. Sometimes it’s hard because there are so many important things to talk about.
8. Sometimes, the challenging thing about love is not feeling it but staying with someone who does.
9. When the two of you are on the same page, it’s so much easier to navigate your challenging relationship.
10. Sometimes, in a relationship, you have to go through the hardest things in life together because it’s hard to do on your own.
11. You’re not alone. It’s hard being in a relationship, but it gets easier with time and perseverance.
12. Extraordinary relationships don’t come so easily. They are often challenging and require extraordinary commitment.
13. The hardest part about being in a relationship is having to work on yourself because you’re not always doing it together.
14. Relationships are hard work. It’s frustrating. It makes you feel vulnerable and broken at times, but when it works—the relationship is beautiful.
15. Relationships are challenging and messy. They have their ups and downs, but that’s what makes them so beautiful.
16. Relationships are hard. That’s a fact. They require a lot of work and attention, sometimes pushing you past your comfort zone and into a new world.
17. Sometimes, it takes a lot of work to make a relationship work. But when you do put in the effort, what you get back is worth way more than the work that went into it.
18. A relationship can be the most challenging thing in life, but when you stick with it, it will get easier.
19. Sometimes, embracing the challenges of your relationship means there will be times when you’re not on the same page. But you have to remind yourself that this is because love takes work, and it will grow stronger in the hard times.
20. There are no perfect relationships. The only ones that exist are the ones where both parties learn from each other’s mistakes and grow together.
21. It takes two to tango. It’s not easy—and it should never be. But with hard work and patience, anything is possible.
22. A couple’s relationship isn’t a cakewalk. It is challenging and takes work, commitment, and patience.
23. Relationships can be challenging. They’re always changing, and that’s what makes them fun.
24. There is no formula for a happy relationship. It’s the work of two people, and that’s what makes it so special.
25. Relationships are challenging. Sometimes hard, sometimes easy. But it is always worth the effort.
26. Relationships are hard and challenging. But they’re super worth it when you find your best match.
27. Relationships are challenging. You fight, make mistakes, and wonder where the other person is going to go next. But it’s worth it.
28. Relationships are challenging and hard. They test you, they hurt you, and they make you better. But when you can look back at the other person with fondness, that’s what matters most.
29. Sometimes, being in a relationship is like walking through a minefield. You know that you’re going to get hurt and that’s okay.
30. Sometimes, you just need to remind yourself that the person you’re with isn’t meant to be perfect and shouldn’t push your buttons.
31. Sometimes, the most challenging part of love and relationships is letting go.
32. Relationships are hard. They are about two people, who share a past and future. And sometimes the harder your relationship, the greater the love.
33. Relationships are synonymous with challenges. They take a lot out of you, but they make up for that in the long run.
34. Sometimes, in your relationship, you need to be the person holding on. You have to fight for your love and keep the faith.
35. At times it feels like the relationship is just as difficult for you. You both work hard to make things work, but still, there are times when one or both of you feel like giving up.
36. When a relationship is challenging, it’s easy to lose sight of the good things. Be patient and give each other time.
37. Finding the right person is difficult, but staying in the wrong relationship is even harder.
38. There will be days when you’re feeling down and no one can understand what you’re going through. But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it. Your relationship will get stronger with every challenge, day, and fight together. You’ve got this!
39. There are moments in every relationship when it feels like nothing is going right, but that is when you need to lean on each other the most.
40. The hardest thing to do is love someone. A relationship is why there is the word ‘complicated’.
41. The hardest part about a relationship is the beginning, but after that, it’s all downhill.
42. It’s easy to give up on a relationship when it feels hard. It’s not always easy to keep going, but it is all worth it in the end when you both come out stronger on the other side.
43. It’s not always easy being in a relationship, but it’s worth it.
44. Relationships are hard. It’s not always easy to love each other as much as you want, even when it’s worth it.
45. So many couples are living their relationship on autopilot. They don’t know where they’re going or what they’re doing.
46. Relationships are full of ups and downs and one thing that never changes is the struggle.
47. When you love someone, you want to give them everything they need and more. But when you are with someone who is not making it easy, it’s hard to keep going.
48. Sometimes the most challenging thing in love is to stay.
49. Relationships are hard. But love is worth the struggle. And when love is not enough, it’s time to let go.
50. How do you know when love is in the air? When it’s difficult.
51. When it seems like the relationship is not going anywhere, remember that there is a whole world of possibilities waiting for you outside of your relationship.
52. When you are in love and a relationship, it’s challenging: you want to do right by your partner, but you also don’t want to disappoint them.
53. The hardest part of loving someone is forgetting about yourself and being open to the other person.
54. A relationship is a choice. The real battle is not about whether you’re in love. It’s about whether or not you’re going to choose it because of the challenges that come with it.
55. Uncertainty comes with relationships. You never know how times will change, how the relationship will evolve, or what hardships you may face along the way.
56. Relationships are hard. That’s why they’re so beautiful.
57. Relationships can be the hardest thing to navigate but the most rewarding. Keep pushing forward.
58. A relationship can be challenging. You’ll go through a lot of ups and downs, but it’s worth it when you see the person you’re with through all of those things.
59. It takes two people to make a fight, so don’t be afraid to speak up when you feel your relationship needs some extra work.
60. When you’re in a relationship with someone, sometimes it feels like you’re carrying them on your back. But that’s okay. So long as you can hang in there with them, they’ll be able to carry you too.
I sincerely hoped that these relationship challenges quotes added to your previous knowledge on challenges in relationships? Let me know what you think in the comments.