The skin is the largest organ in the human body. It comes in all different shades and tones. It protects us, regulates our temperature, and releases an important chemical called melanin. This chemical is what gives the skin its colour. Dark skin has more melanin than light skin, giving it a darker tone.
Dark-skinned people have been struggling throughout history to have their voices heard. Dark skin was considered unattractive, and dark-skinned people faced discrimination as well. Fortunately, dark-skinned people are getting a lot more attention these days. Things are getting better and there are more positive images of dark-skinned people of colour in the media.
What people fail to know is that dark skin is just as beautiful as light skin. There’s nothing wrong with having dark skin. There are plenty of things that make up a person’s beauty, and no one should be judged on their skin colour. Dark-skinned women can be just as beautiful and confident as lighter-skinned women.
Below are some dark skin tone quotes about dark-skinned people who could be a little tan or pretty dark, but all the same deserve love and acceptance no matter what shade they are.
Dark Skin Tone Quotes
Darker skin tones are associated with being slimmer, healthier and more attractive. This may not always necessarily be the case, but many dark-skinned women indeed have soft, glowing complexions, and flawless complexions – which makes them look younger for longer.
1. The perfect skin tone is something that you should want most, and never believe any lie that a dark skin tone is not beautiful.
2. Dark skin is beautiful and cherished, so let’s appreciate the beauty in ourselves and others.
3. Light skin can be beautiful and dark skin can be beautiful but it’s about the way the light hits your skin and what you are wearing.
4. Dark skin is a symbol of beauty and royalty, which represents power. This can be seen in many ancient paintings, sculptures, and literature.
5. Dark skin is beautiful, there is no doubt about it. The way that people view dark skin and make them feel inferior because of their colour has got to stop. We need to know that there are people out there who appreciate us for our natural beauty.
6. When people say that dark-skinned people don’t get ahead in life, my response is: You haven’t looked around.
7. Dark skin is a reminder of our ancestors’ struggle with hardship and of how far we have come as a people. The women who took part in the civil rights movement had dark skin, but their fight for equality was real.
8. A dark skin tone has been a source of pride and history, often used as a sign of beauty, power, and strength throughout the world.
9. Dark skin is a symbol of beauty, strength, endurance, and confidence. There’s no need to be ashamed of your beautiful skin. Embrace it; it’s unique, and no one can tell you any different.
10. Dark skin tones are a form of beauty. They are beautiful in their way and they should be appreciated and celebrated. There is no such thing as an ugly dark skin tone.
11. If you have dark skin and still you feel unhappy, remember that God has created you. You are beautiful the way God has made you.
13. Dark skin is beautiful and clean. It’s not easy to love your skin but when you do, there will be no end to your confidence level.
14. There’s nothing wrong with loving yourself and your dark skin tone, but you should still be conscious of what the world thinks about you.
15. Dark skin is beautiful; dark skin is not just black skin. It has so many shades and dimensions. You will be surprised and inspired by all the amazing things that you discover when you let yourself be drawn to dark skin.
16. The light-skinned people have privilege, but dark-skinned are just as important.
17. Dark skin is beautiful and flawless. Dark skin is a source of strength and power, a statement of beauty and grace, and an expression of confidence and self-worth. Dark-skinned people are important and valuable because they can inspire others by simply being themselves.
18. There will come a time when you will feel so blessed for having such dark skin, that you get to wrap yourself in the sun and not worry about your skin getting any darker.
19. Dark skin colour is beautiful, and it should be treated with respect and not just as a colour.
20. Dark skin is beautiful, and you should embrace your natural skin tone. The way to do this is by staying positive about your skin, educating yourself about other cultures and races, and enabling others to learn about yours.
21. Dark skin is beautiful, it radiates with a glow and remains timeless. People with dark skin are gorgeous and they should not be ashamed of their looks. It is something that everyone should embrace as it makes you unique and special.
22. A lot of African-Americans have very dark skin, but they don’t identify with it at all because in their heads they are not black or even coloured.
23. True beauty comes from the inside. Dark skin is amazing and magical, and it truly makes people stand out. Dark-skinned women are captivating and amazing, not because of their skin tone, but because of how they carry themselves as women and as human beings.
24. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but one thing we can all agree on is that in the end, it’s your unique beauty that makes you beautiful.
25. Dark skin may be more affected by sunburn, but light skin can be just as vulnerable. The best protection for all of us is to limit exposure to the sun, especially when it’s hottest.
26. Dark skin tone is like a beautiful flower in the field, it stands out and represents what true beauty is.
27. When it comes to your skin tone and features, they can be seen as an indicator of your health and well-being.
28. It’s a good thing to be confident in yourself and your skin tone, but it is equally important to realize that we are all different and have our beauty. Love yourself and celebrate being a glowworm.
29. Dark skin tone is the ultimate body-positive statement. It’s a form of self-love and acceptance.
30. Those who have a dark skin tone are often faced with harsh treatment in society. But they should not allow this to affect them, instead, they should look at themselves as beautiful.
31. Dark skin is beautiful – and so are you. Black and brown skin is beautiful, too. We’re all different, and we’re all beautiful.
32. Dark skin is beautiful, glowing dark skin is beautiful, and it has nothing to do with how much melanin your body produces. It has everything to do with how beautiful you are.
33. The most beautiful women in the world realize that it’s not about how dark your skin is. It’s about what you do with it. Realize and embrace yourself for who you are, without comparing yourself to others.
34. Dark skin is beautiful, but it can be hard not to get down on yourself when everyone around you seems to have an easier life. A lot of the time, we just need someone to tell us that we’re perfect because so often we hear otherwise.
35. Skin tone has nothing to do with race and everything to do with your genes. Dark skin is beautiful and diverse, just like the women who possess it.
36. Dark skin may be the most beautiful skin of all. Darker skin is considered more beautiful than lighter skin in most of Africa, the Caribbean and parts of Asia.
37. In many parts of the world, dark skin tone is seen as beautiful, but unfortunately in other parts, it is seen as ugly.
38. If you have dark skin, you should be proud of it. People have all kinds of complexions and colours, and they’re beautiful. Dark is very beautiful. And don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, because that’s the fact.
39. Dark skin doesn’t need a special kind of moisturizer. Dark skin can take the sun in moderation and get a nice even tan without burning. It is unfortunate that we still see people referring to someone with dark skin as “black” or “African American”.
40. Dark skin tones are rich and clean, yet they are strong and unique. These skin tones make a statement because they’re not like the majority of girls.
41. Dark-tanned skin is the most attractive. The darker the skin, the deeper the wisdom and knowledge within that person.
42. Dark skin is beautiful and there’s nothing wrong with it. People who think that it is a problem should probably educate themselves, but then again ignorance isn’t a crime.
43. Dark skin is a part of the beauty and it’s not about how light or dark you are, but it’s about the texture and the way that it looks. Every colour has its beauty so don’t feel less than anyone just because your skin tone isn’t fair.
44. Don’t look down on someone because of their skin tone. No matter how dark or light your skin is, the beauty lies in how you carry yourself.
45. Dark skin tone is a glow that comes from within. This glow is the essence of happiness, wisdom, and love. People with dark skin have a natural advantage to inspire others with their unique personalities.
46. Dark skin tone is beautiful. Dark skin tones are unique, just like every other tone of skin. So stop making black people feel self-conscious about their skin colour.
47. There’s no one way to be black. Every shade, tone, and texture of the black experience is valid in its way.
48. Dark skin is beautiful. Black is powerful. Everyone can look dark and classy, no matter their skin tone.
49. A dark-skinned person has a self-esteem issue if they feel that they need to change their skin colour.
50. Dark skin is beautiful. The colour of your skin isn’t something that should determine how you feel about yourself or how much love or acceptance you receive from others.
51. Dark skin is divine and absolutely beautiful. It’s something to be proud of, not ashamed of.
I hope that you embrace yourself and know your worth, after going through the collection of dark skin tone quotes up there. Please pass this on to others. Thank you.