Many assumptions are based on preconceived notions, and you cannot overlook intercultural differences. The truth is that our interactions with people can be one of the most interesting experiences in our lives. People tend to be very clear about what they want to say and stress the importance of being precise in written communication.
On the other hand, people often make assumptions about the way things are, even if they have no facts to back up their opinion. This happens all the time in business especially, but should be avoided. A single assumption can cause the failure of an entire project. Identify assumptions that are being made and decide whether they are justified or baseless before you act on them.
The human mind tends to assume things that are actually not true. The truth is, most of the time, we are wrong. So, have you been assuming incorrectly? Are you a person who tends to assume things? If so, then you are not alone. There are lots of people who assume things. Making assumptions happen to the best of us.
Below is the collection of do not assume quotes that you can always refer to whenever you want to assume things unnecessarily.
Do Not Assume Quotes
Do not assume that you are covered for flood damage or that you are covered for storm damage in your own home. It can be as easy as just contacting your insurance agent to confirm what is covered and where to make a claim.
1. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that people want a long copy of their stories. The visuals could convey more information than your text does.
2. Do not assume your customers are in a certain place in their lives. Do not assume that they have certain beliefs. Assume nothing, and strive to understand them.
3. Don’t assume that I don’t need a new laptop because I have one.
4. Don’t assume that I don’t need some new clothes for work because I have a bunch at home. And don’t assume that I’m not interested in the biggest sale of the year.
5. Don’t assume you know what people are thinking. Ask them how they feel.
6. Don’t assume that you know what people are thinking, feeling, or saying.
7. Don’t assume things will work out because they might not.
8. We are not all the same. Don’t assume you know who I am or where I’m coming from.
9. Please do not assume that the product has been added to your cart. Please click the add to cart button.
10. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume you can use someone else’s photo as your own.
11. Do not assume that anyone is talking about you.
12. You shouldn’t assume that your customers know about all the benefits of your services.
13. Do not assume anything until you know for sure.
14. Do not assume the water is always drinkable—even in paradise.
15. Do not assume that your customers know everything about your products. Take the time to teach them how to use them. Just because they bought it once doesn’t mean they know how to use it again.
16. I’ve often said that assumptions are made so that you can ask questions and find answers. Do not assume.
17. Just because you read it on the internet doesn’t mean that it’s true. Do not assume.
18. Do not assume that all your customers know how to use my product or software. I need to write a guide for them so they can get the most out of it.
19. I never assume, so I always stay clean.
20. Do not assume that you know a person’s whole story.
21. Do not assume that everyone already has a coffee maker. They may not yet have discovered the great taste of freshly brewed coffee from your favourite brand.
22. Do not assume that people know about how good you are. Tell them.
23. Do not assume. We’ll never know what we could’ve had.
24. Assumptions are not just bad with math. They’re bad for your business, too. Don’t make assumptions about your potential customers when it comes to nurturing them. And do not assume that any early action is the best action for building your audience.
25. Remember, always check the date when you’re sending someone an invitation! Do not assume.
26. Do not assume I will follow you back.
27. Talking about assumptions is easy. Doing something about them is harder. Especially when that thing involves your profit. Do not assume.
28. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that your client knows what you know. If you’ve been in business for a long time, you might have a good idea about how much money to spend on advertising, but your clients may not have any idea where to start.
29. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that it’s okay to do a certain thing because it has been done before. Assumptions can lead to mistakes, which can be costly and embarrassing.
30. The word “assume” comes from the Latin word assumere, which means “to take up or on.” When you assume something, you take it on as if it were true without proof.
31. Assumptions are dangerous because they can lead you astray. If you assume someone else’s motives or intentions, you may find yourself making decisions based on false information instead of the truth. Do not assume.
32. When you have a problem with your car, don’t assume that all mechanics are alike — some are incompetent, while others are trustworthy and honest. Instead of assuming that the mechanic is competent, ask around for recommendations from friends who have had good experiences with mechanics in the past.
33. Do not assume. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume anything.
34. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that your customer is familiar with your product or service or even knows your company name.
35. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that a quote is accurate just because it matches your budget.
36. Do not assume that the low price you found on one website is a good deal.
37. It’s not good to assume. You should always check with several different sources before making a purchase.
38. When you’re looking for a new home loan, don’t assume that your bank will give you a great deal. There are plenty of other lenders out there, and some of them may offer better rates than what you can get from your current financial institution.
39. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that you are the only person who can do a particular job. If you are applying for a position, make sure you understand exactly what is included in the job description before applying.
40. You can avoid making assumptions by asking questions and doing research. If it is unclear, ask! It’s better to ask than to assume something and get it wrong.
41. Do not assume that other people know what you are thinking or feeling, even if they have been around you for a while.
42. When we make assumptions about other people’s motives or thoughts, we tend to be wrong more often than right.
43. Do not assume that friends will always be there for you when times get tough, especially if they live far away or have busy lives of their own. Be sure to let them know how much they mean to you while they are still nearby so that if anything happens (like losing touch), it won’t come as such a shock later on down the road when it could have been prevented had both people taken the time to communicate their feelings beforehand.
44. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that someone is interested in your product or service unless they have told you so.
45. Do not assume anything about the potential customer, their needs, or preferences. Assumptions can be dangerous and costly, so get all of your information from the horse’s mouth.
46. Do not make assumptions about how much they can afford to spend on a product or service; this is a mistake many businesses make.
47. Do not assume. If you do not ask how much money they have to spend on your product or service, then you will never know if it will work for them or not.
48. Do not assume that your client is going to like your design.
49. Do not assume that your boss will approve of your work.
50. Do not assume that the customer will buy your product. Assume nothing, and do your research first.
51. Do not assume that your customers will understand your business model, your pricing structure, or the value of your product or service.
52. Never make assumptions about anything that you do not know for sure. Never make assumptions about anything that has not been proven by experience or evidence.
53. If you are making an assumption, it is best to state it as a hypothesis rather than a fact, especially if the subject is controversial or volatile.
54. If someone else is making an assumption, ask them to explain why they believe what they believe before accepting any information as fact.
55. Do not take anything at face value unless there is proof of its truthfulness. Always question assumptions, even if it seems like a simple statement made in jest could have serious consequences on your life or the lives of others around you.
56. It’s not good to assume. Do not assume that if you have a small business and you only have one or two employees, you don’t need insurance coverage. You do.
57. Do not assume that you know what your customers want. Do not assume that you know how to price your products and services. Do not assume that you are going to win every customer and that they will like you as much as you like yourself.
58. Assumptions are dangerous because they can prevent you from getting the information you need to make good decisions. If you do not ask questions, then there is no way for an answer to come back at all. When we assume, we take the risk of missing out on vital information.
59. When we make an assumption, we may be making a decision based on incomplete or nonexistent data. This can lead us down the wrong path and lead our business into trouble if we are making important decisions based on wrong or incomplete information.
60. One of the most common mistakes that people make when they try to find a good deal on their car insurance is to assume they know what they should be paying.
61. Assumptions are dangerous. They can lead to bad decisions, poor planning, and wasted time and money. Just ask any entrepreneur who has had a bad customer experience with a company, and don’t assume they would be better off using another company in the same industry.
62. Do not assume that you are too old to be a parent.
63. Do not assume that your spouse will always be there for you in times of need.
64. Do not assume that your children will follow in your footsteps and become doctors, lawyers or engineers.
65. Do not assume that you will always work for the same company or boss or even have a job at all.
66. Do not assume that you are the only one going through tough times right now. You may be surprised at how many people are going through similar situations as yours.
67. Do not assume that today is the last day of your life because tomorrow is always another day filled with surprises and opportunities.
68. I’ve consistently found that people often assume me, whether it be my race or orientation. No matter what stereotype or assumptions you make about me, I am always someone to talk to. So do not assume.
69. Assumptions are the most dangerous thing that keeps us from learning and growing. Do not assume.
70. Do not assume everyone who has a beard is the same. We have different kinds of beards.
71. Never assume that your audience will understand the feeling you are trying to convey.
72. We don’t assume you like your eggs sliced in the morning—do you? We’d hate to assume you like our Instagram captions, too.
73. I’m sorry, I assumed we were always going to be friends.
74. Do not assume that it will be a great day. Make it a great day.
75. Do not assume you only have time for a quick cup of coffee. Make it a moment. A calming moment in the hustle-bustle of everyday life.
76. Don’t assume you know the story behind a woman’s name.
77. Do not assume everyone knows about this awesome store and its offerings.
78. You’ll get a lot more done if you don’t assume.
79. We don’t assume that you like coffee, but we do assume that everyone can relate to the feeling of enjoying a cold drink on a hot summer day.
80. Do not assume you know what to do with your life. It’s more fun to take the road less travelled and discover your path.
81. Do not assume that you know what’s good for you.
82. Do not assume that because a store is small, they can’t do a big idea.
83. It’s like you always tell your kids. Do not assume. The only thing we know for sure is that change will happen, and it’s our job to prepare for it!
84. Do not assume that I am going to spend my whole life with you. You will have plenty of time to fool around once I am gone.
85. Do not assume that I will spend my entire life with you. Don’t waste your time finding someone else. You will only be stuck with an old man anyway.
86. Remember that I am going to spend my whole life with you, so don’t take any of your time for granted. It could be over in an instant. Do not assume.
87. Don’t be very sure that I will be spending my life with you, because when I am gone, you won’t have time anymore.
88. The fact that you’re going to spend your whole life with me isn’t something you can just expect. It’s something we need to work hard at. It’s not the kind of thing that happens overnight.
89. You can’t just assume I will spend the rest of my life with you. There are a lot of things I want to do before it’s too late, so don’t go getting all weird on me.
90. Do not assume I will spend plenty of time alone in the future.
91. Don’t assume I’ll give you a ride to the airport on my bike.
92. Don’t assume—you will always be wrong.
93. Never assume anything because the truth is you will never know for sure.
94. Your assumptions are your windows to your prejudices. Do not assume.
95. Do not assume that I want a coffee. I just want to know exactly what’s in it because if the ingredients aren’t listed on the menu, it’s kind of like ordering a cheeseburger and then being told, “here’s your cheese.”
96. Do not assume you know where I’m from. What’s your favourite movie?
97. Do not assume all dogs love baths.
98. We do not assume you are a coffee drinker. We do not assume that you want to save the environment. We do not assume that you want to cut down on your plastic use.
99. One of the most important things you can do is to avoid making assumptions. Do not assume.
100. Don’t assume that you know the other person’s circumstances just because you think you do.
I hope you find the collection of do not assume l quotes I have here interesting and helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments and endeavour to share them with your family and friends.