Life is in phases. Each phase comes with numerous challenges. Countering these challenges can be daunting, cumbersome or exciting, depending on the circumstances. It then goes without saying that every success must be acknowledged and celebrated.
From the kindergarten to the primary school level, pupils sail through school with ease. To gain admission into a high/secondary school of choice requires more efforts on their part.
In a country where the proportion of students seeking admission for further studies at the higher institutions (colleges of education, polytechnics and universities) are noticeably higher than the available slots; it’s literally survival of the fittest. Stringent requirements like SSCE result, JAMB and post UME are used to streamline the yearly number of student intakes into an already overpopulated system.
Scaling through such hurdles at one sitting is an exceptional achievement. Getting in after several determined attempts is admirable and applaudable. Finding alternatives in nearby countries is laudable. Anything but allowing the youth to become discouraged and frustrated. An idle hand is the devil’s workshop!
Now, the much awaited admission into the university is here. Your ward, child, friend or loved one is now a bona fide student. Being a fresher comes with all kinds of feelings. Excitement, exhilaration trepidation, adventurous and all sorts.
Some are just so happy to get in, that they just want to pass through the system and get out. Some are tasting freedom from parental control for the first time and are itching to explore the world on their terms. For some, it’s an escape from a terrible home situation, so anything goes.
For an unprepared mind, the trappings that come with being in the university could be misleading and destructive. Meeting other students from different background and cultures will definitely have effects.
This is why a positive affirmation by way of good luck messages will set the tone for a promising stay on campus. A good luck message tinged with words of caution, admonition and encouragement, will go a long way to make a difference in their young and impressionable hearts.
Don’t leave things to chance. Your good luck messages can just be the driving force for turning out well they need. This is 2022, wolves in sheep clothing are waiting to swallow your lambs!
Do you want short, cute but impactful good luck messages? Are you at loss as to what to write? Do you care to drop a line that will act as a lifeline to that fresher? Bother yourself no more.
Here are lovely good luck messages for starting university just for you:
Best of Luck Wishes for Student Starting University
Whether you want to send some Happy Matriculation Messages and wishes or you want a student to have a smooth sail on their journey in the university, these Good luck messages for starting University are sure the best to send to him or her.
1. I know you are excited to go to school. Life as a university undergraduate is a preliminary to young adult life. Spread your wings and soar to the utmost heights. Aim for the best in your academics: the sky isn’t your limit, dear. Best of luck in your academic pursuit.
2. You have nothing to fear! Anticipate fun meeting people and put your heart to learning. I know you’ll ace college grades excellently! Always remember you are an amazing student. Wish you the very best.
3. Leaving home for the first time isn’t the end of the world. In actual fact, it’s the beginning of testing the strength of your wings, spreading them and flying high. Be confident and bold. Good luck, dear.
4. Going to college and being independent, isn’t a licence to a life of recklessness. Your new found freedom and opportunity is to prepare yourself for the future you so desire. Best wishes!
5. Go and give college your best shot. Explore your potentials and enjoy the discovery. Good luck!
6. The world is a stage on which to perform. Target practice starts as a fresher in the university. On the stage and take the spotlight! Wish you the best.
7. Congratulations on getting the course of your dream in the university you desired! I wish you the very best in your studies.
8. A taste of freedom is a giddy experience. Don’t allow it to intoxicate you. Rather, use the excitement to make the most of your life and the opportunity the university will accord your future. All the best in your academic endeavours!
9. In your excitement, do not forget your goals. Fun is great, but always remember you are there to prepare for a glorious future. Good luck!
10. Life has given you wings to fly: your admission to the university was the ticket. Wherever you go, and whatever you do, we are always here for you, son. Wish you the best!
11. Give it your best shot and you’ll discover your true worth. Equip yourself for the beautiful future you’ve got all planned out. It starts from now. Good luck!
12. You can do it: “I believe in you”. Avoid distractions and focus on your studies. Good luck to you.
13. It’s easier to get a good grade from the onset and work hard to maintain, than starting off on a wobbly footing and making a valiant effort to correct. Go for the gold, and hold on to your diamond! Wish you the very best!
14. You worked so hard to be here; you surely deserve to be a student of this university. When you are being carried away by the glittering life of fun on campus, remember the ‘grits and gruels’ you endured to bring you hear. Best wishes!
15. When you feel overwhelmed by the lectures, assignments, projects or difficult lecturers; just remember these are the mountains you’ve got to climb to achieve your dreams. No slacking! You can do it!! All the best!
16. You deserve this admission! Your focus and hard work finally paid off. I wish you the very best in your studies. Congratulations!
17. Your admission into one of the best universities here is well deserved. I wish you more success in your academic endeavours.
18. Best wishes for your first day as a university fresher. Enjoy the thrill of your achieve, while you roll up your sleeves for the task ahead. I wish you the best.
19. This success wasn’t handed to you on a platter of gold. You toiled and sweated for it. Congratulations, you deserve this! I wish you more milestone achievements!
20. When you are stressed out; take a break in your studies if you must, and have fun. Get right back on track and cover every lost track and gain some extra. Slacking isn’t an option. Success all the way till you graduate top of the class or as close to the top as you possibly can. Good luck!
21. Congratulations, for working your way into a great university! Blow them on campus! Let your brilliance shine forth.
22. You did it! A big congratulations to you! Passing through all that admission hurdles, wasn’t an easy feat. You’ll do great at the university, you bet! Wish you the best!
23. Aim for the best and believe in yourself. Nothing can stand in your way: stay focused. Good luck in your studies!
24. Create your own good luck with hard work and diligence in your studies. There’s no shortcut to true success. Best wishes!
25. Find your way to excellence. The honourable route is the only acceptable way. Where there’s a will, there will always be a way to make your dream come true at the university. Best of luck!
26. Here’s wishing the very best in your academic pursuit on campus!
27. Don’t be intimidated on campus! You can tackle everything that comes your way. Don’t lower your standard for any difficulty; face it headlong and come out at the top. Best wishes!
28. You can, if you really believe you can! Go ahead and graduate Summa Cum Laude. Yes, you can!
29. You are a passionate student. Let your passion drive you to success. Best of luck in your studies!
30. I’m sending you all the good luck vibes in my fortune piggy bank. Something tells me you don’t need it: you are a master at creating your own luck. The sky isn’t your limit: take the campus by storm! Best wishes!
31. Study to show yourself approved as a leading leader. Aspire to be the best! Good luck!
32. Your brilliance and academic excellence is your ticket out of financial struggle. People will come in droves to pay for what you have. Stock up on studying and researching, and you’ll stick out for sure on campus. Best of luck!
33. Hard work, including diligence and excellence, has its own reward when the result is spectacular. Study as if your life depends on it: good life awaits you when you graduate if you know and master your onions well enough. Good luck!
34. To be born without a silver spoon is discouraging enough; having to worry about tuition fees and other payment, is challenging. Not to worry; study hard and be the best. Watch out for scholarship schemes that will pave your way through your university education. Best of luck!
35. Going into the university is a new phase; I wish you the very best in your endeavour. May you come out full of great impact. Best wishes!
36. Distraction and discouragement are Siamese twins that can stop you from achieving good grades in school. Conquer these evils from the onset and scale your way to the top. Best wishes!
37. Focus and unwavering determination will drive you to the top of your class. Stay on top of your game; the bottom level in the success ladder is too crowdy and stuffy. Wish you the very best!
38. Set a goal and put it into writing. Get to work and stay at it till you get to the top of your class. Being the best has its own exhilarating feeling and reward. Best wishes!
39. University is more than a place of learning/training to be a professional in your choice of field; it provides an opportunity for self discovery and self development. I wish you all the best in your academic pursuit.
40. Flex your muscle and spread your wings: it’s time to explore unlimited freedom. Your future is before you: make the most of it. Being a university student is assuming responsibility for your future. Best wishes to you!
41. Leaving home for the first time can be scary and exciting. Going to the university is like stepping into the future; do your best and make your parents proud. You can do it! Best wishes!
42. Congratulations on your admission to the university! In other not to be carried away by the sheer thrill of it: make a plan for the future that starts now and follows through. Good luck to you!
43. I am indeed happy for you. Going to the university is a step towards achieving your goals. Study hard, and map out a great future for yourself. Good luck to you!
44. Going to the university is a big deal. It’s the place where you assume responsibility for the future you desire. Use your time there judiciously. Best wishes!
45. You meet all kinds of people from different background on campus. The onus is on you to choose as friends those with similar ideas or who you aspire to be. Wish you the best!
46. Being on your for the first time in your young life; can be scary. The coursework and loads at the university may be daunting; but, be cocksure that you can tackle everything that comes your way. Your home training and personal discipline will see you through. All the best!
48. As a fresher, don’t be carried away by activities on campus. Fix your eyes on the future that lies ahead of you. The university is your preparation ground. Best wishes!
49. Wow! A big congratulations to you!! Your admission into the university for the course of your choice is a dream come true for you. May you excel in your studies and come out with good grades. Best of luck!
50. It’s good to have fun and enjoy your new found freedom in an exciting environment. Only, don’t lose sight of your goals and purpose of being there. Your studies before pleasure. Good luck!
51. Everyone is a fresher at one point in their academic pursuit. Face your studies diligently while you look forward to being a sophomore after this session. Life is step by step: even in university. Wish you the very best!
52. Congratulations once more, on your admission into a higher institution! It’s a welcome news. Give it your very best. Remember: what you plant now, you harvest in your professional future. Best wishes!
53. You’ve come this far; I’m confident you can handle this phase like a piece of cake. I wish you the very best in your undergraduate studies! I’m rooting for you!!
54. You’ve been brought up to know that challenges are integral part of life; whatever you face on campus, is mere preparation for the future ahead. Have no fear!! Good luck, dear!!
55. Act as if all you’ll learn and do in the university will make a huge difference in your life; they do. I wish you the best in your academic pursuit.
56. University is a piece of cake! Plan to excel, follow the road map to success (regular attendance of lectures, diligence in assignments and projects, study and study some more) and the courage to press on to your goal. Good luck!
57. When you make good grades, friends and admirers will flock around you. Pick like minds as friends and steer clear of distractors. I wish you the very best in your studies!
58. Now that you’ve been given admission into the university; arise, full of eagerness, energy and passion, knowing fully well the achievements that lie ahead of you. All the best!
59. The best way to come out of the university is to allow all you’ll be taught to pass through you…thoroughly. Good luck!
60. Reading brings unknown friends and academic excellence breaks impossible barriers. Fight your way to the top, through the myriads of courses, tests, assignments and all. The rest will come as a piece of pie. Best of luck!
61. When so many things compete for your attention on campus, choose and act wisely. Your priority first. Good luck!
62. When you become overwhelmed by so many cumbersome happenings on campus; remember, it’s the set of the sails that determine which way to go, not the direction of the wind. You are in charge! Good luck to you!
63. No matter how difficult you find any of the courses; remind yourself that there’s a path on every mountain…it may not be seen from the valley. Wish you the best!
64. To stay on top of your academic goals, make friends with other students who challenge and inspire you. They will keep you on your toes. Good luck!
65. What a dream come true! You deserve this admission and scholarship. Your hard work and tenacity finally paid off. May all your dreams see the light of day. Best of luck!
66. Look at the stars: they shine so brightly for you. You are a star; shine in your studies. Best of luck!
67. The world is a stage; waiting to applaud your outstanding success on your graduation from the university. Now as a fresher, is the best time to make it happen. Good luck to you!
68. You are a pacesetter; set the pace. Others will scramble after you. Inspire others to be ideal students. Congratulations and good luck to you!
69. Being a fresher means you are starting life afresh…in a university, no less. Make the best use of every opportunity you have, to do well. Best wishes!
70. Every journey in life starts with taking a step. You are on your way to becoming what you desire to be. Being in the university is a step in the right direction; I wish you the very best in your studies!
71. I can’t believe my baby is leaving the nest! Going to college has been anticipated, but the reality brings bittersweet feelings in me. I know you’ll do us proud, darling. Fly, baby fly!
72. Going to you the university is the process you’ll have to pass through to get to your desired next level in life. Give it your very best efforts! Good luck!!
73. Good grades will get you pass the recruitment team, into the Fortune 100 organisation you dreamt of; it’s efficiency that will get you the desired rapid promotions. Study not just to pass your exams; study to understand and master it all. Good luck!
74. You are here for a purpose. Let this goal be a driving force behind everything you do as an undergraduate. Best of luck!
75. Now, you are a fresher. In a twinkling of an eye, you’ll be a sophomore. Before you know it, you are a graduate. From now till then, is a goal you’ve got to achieve: graduating with top grades! Best wishes!
76. Someone has got to clear all the awards on graduation day: it might as well be you. Why not? Aim for the sky and shoot at the stars! Best of luck!
77. You got an admission to study; not to go frolicking and gallivanting about with fun-loving crowd. Be guided by your ambition and plans to do well. Best of luck to you!
78. There are many cliques on campus. Harmless, aimless, and dangerous. Guard yourself with all diligence. Face your studies squarely: your success is your buddy. All the best to you!
79. As a fresher, you need new friends to find your way. Let your personal principle be a beacon. Good luck to you!
80. The thrill of being a fresher shouldn’t be a distraction from your studies. Be guided! Good luck!
81. Hey, bookworm! Focus on your studies all you can, have fun without distraction while you are at it! Best wishes!
82. I’m so proud of you! I know you are up to the task ahead as an undergraduate! You are unstoppable! Best of luck to you!
83. Let who you are guide what you do and what you choose not to do on campus. Do not be carried away by life as a fresher. The ball is firmly in your court! Good luck!
84. You’ve been groomed for this moment. Leaving home for the university is a step towards gaining full independence and taking responsibility for your actions. Use it well. Good luck!
85. There’s no doubt you feel on top of the world, right now! Being a university graduate is surely thrilling! Be moderate in other activities and passionate about your studies. All the best!
86. Success awaits you if you embrace diligence in your studies. Go for it! Best wishes!
87. You are just a fresher, I know. I can’t wait for your graduation day: you’ll ace it all. Congratulations!
88. Victory at last! Writing JAMB exams and the post UTME year after year was totally frustrating. I love your tenacity! I admire your determination! You could have ‘settled’ for any course in any institution, but you didn’t. The sky is your starting point! Best graduating student is the next goal; go for it!! Best of luck!
89. You are one of the most determined people I’ve ever met! I rejoice with you on your admission into the university. You’ll go places in life; keep on winning! Best wishes!
90. You are a great role model for your younger ones! Passing all your exams at a sitting is a great feat. Stars shine brightly in the sky; shine even more in the university. Best of luck!
91. Your easy landing at a premier university came as no surprise to anyone; you worked and toiled for it! Work your way to the top of your class. Best wishes!
92. You aren’t just brilliant, you worked hard for your success. Well done, dear! I’m here cheering you on for more achievements at the university! Best of luck, dearie!
93. Burning the midnight oil day in day out finally brought a just reward! I’m thrilled for you. Keep at it and win some more at the university! Good luck!
94. Congratulations are in order: you did it! You deserve a royal welcome with the red carpet. You will get one when you shine brightly on graduation day. Best of luck to you!
95. I know you are super excited to resume at the university. Calm down a bit and remind yourself you are there to excel in your academic pursuit while developing other areas of your life. Have fun after the fact. Good luck!
96. When you get it right from the onset; it becomes easier to maintain good grades if you don’t relent. So, work hard as a fresher and graduate as a star! Best wishes!
97. You have a winning streak; add a huge dose of hard work, then you become the talk of the campus! Good luck to you!
98. There are many ways of becoming popular on campus; being the most brilliant in your class is one of it. Choose wisely!
99. This is great news! The stars are already waiting to announce your presence at the university already! Make them proud! Best wishes!
100. Nothing like good news to make the weary heart cheery! You’ve done excellently well; you can do even more at the university. Be that exceptional student that will make us all proud. Best wishes!
Thank you for choosing this page. Hope you are delighted with our write-ups. Kindly drop any comment, observation or question.
Please, share with your friends.