Looking for the perfect time to say a word of prayer or pour out your heart to God? Mornings are always a perfect time for it as your mind is still fresh and you can focus clearly on God and the things you want to talk about with Him. Even if you don’t know how to, there are a lot of simple but great ways to pray in the morning. So, don’t worry about how you’ll get started.
Children are priceless gifts from God and what better way to get the day started for them than committing them into the hands of God. Being afraid of what the future holds for them is very easy due to the countless challenges of life that are bound to arise. One of the most powerful things you can do for your child as a parent is to pray for them.
These good morning prayers for my son are prayers specifically directed at your son. With your gift of prayer and authority as a carer or parent, your son needs to start up their day with God and you’re in the best position to lead them through the path of prayer. This special collection of good morning prayers for my son have been compiled for taking your son(s) before God in prayers in the mornings. You should check out the list.
Powerful Good Morning Prayers for Your Son
We ask for your blessings, dear Lord as we say these prayers over our son this morning. Our hearts are glad that we can trust in your goodness every day. May your powerful hand be upon him all through the day. Amen.
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord. Your mercies are new every morning and we’ve come to give you thanks this morning. We pray for your guidance and protection upon our son in all his endeavours today. Amen.
2. Dear God, I thank you for the gift of knowledge. I praise you that you provide us with the brains to think and question the world around us. I pray you would help my son learn well and flourish. May he discover his unique talents and giftings. Give him a passion for the world around him. Amen.
3. Father God, I thank you this morning for the cordial relationship between ourselves and other people. I pray for my son to know great care and support from those around him. May he be encouraged by friends at school, college or university. May he show your love and care to his friendship circle. Amen.
4. Lord Jesus, please, be with my son today in everything he will face. Help him to learn well at school. I pray that he becomes a good friend to those around him today. Amen.
5. Oh God, we praise you that you are fully in control of all things. I pray that you would protect my child. Keep him healthy and help him to thrive. I thank you that you know every hair on his head. You know exactly when he rises and when he falls. Watch over my son in every area of his life and keep him safe I pray, Amen.
6. Holy God, I thank you for the precious gift of my son. I pray you would protect him through the years. May he become a young man of great character, seeking after your heart. I pray that through the challenges of life, he would find his confidence in you. May he know your joy as his strength. Amen.
7. Heavenly Father, I thank you that all good gifts come from you. I thank you that I can trust you for the future of my family. Please, guide my son in every step he takes. I pray he would know your provision and protection. Make steady his steps I pray. Amen.
8. Father God, I thank you for everything you have done for me, especially for bringing this lovely boy into my life. I thank you for my family and all that concerns me. I thank you that you love us so much that you sent your son Jesus for us. Please, keep and preserve my son. May he never lose sight of the Heavenly race all the days of his life. Amen.
9. Lord Jesus, today is Your day, and I want Your will to be done. So, whatever happens, hold my hand and that of my son, and let’s face it together. Amen.
10. Dear God, thank you for your amazing power and work in the life of my son. Thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over him. Thank you for your great love and care upon him. Keep preserving him and upholding him with your right hand of righteousness. Amen.
11. Father God, I praise you for the gift of my son. I pray that he would follow after you and be a builder of your kingdom. I ask that you would protect and make his steps steady. May he learn to hear and follow your voice. Just like Timothy in the Bible, may my son be an example to believers in speech, love, conduct, faith and purity. Amen.
12. Dear Lord, as we rise to the dawn of a new day, please let us be filled with Your spirit. I present my son to you. Let him spread love, joy, peace, goodness, and faithfulness wherever he goes. Let him desire to become more like you and to worship you in all that he does. Go before him today and always in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
13. Father God, I thank you for the gift of this new day. Thank you for my son and the endless love you have for him. Guide him and be with him for the rest of his life. Amen.
14. Good morning, dear Lord. Today’s a new day, a chance for a new start. Yesterday is gone and with it any regrets, mistakes, or failures I may have experienced. Be with my son today, as it’s a good day to be glad and give thanks. Thank you for today, being a new opportunity to love, give, and be all that you want him to be. Amen.
15. Heavenly Father, I bring my son before you. Please do not allow his human reason to talk him out of his spiritual inheritance. He will set his foot down on every promise that You have given him today in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Good Morning Prayers for My Son to Have a Good Day
Lord, I pray that You grant my son the courage to go through this new day. When he is tempted to give up, help him to keep going. Grant him a cheerful spirit when things don’t go his way. And give him the courage to do whatever needs to be done in Jesus’ name, Amen. Good morning, son!
16. Father, thank you for the gift of family and most especially, my son. Increase his faith in you today and protect him from falling into temptation. Grant him the opportunity to shine as a light in the darkness and lead others to you. Amen.
17. Lord Jesus, I know that because of you, my son is ultimately a victor over the trials in his life. There is nothing in this world that can separate him from your steadfast love. Please immerse him in a measure of your love today. Thank you for your love for him that never ends. And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits him forever in your Kingdom.
18. Dear God, at the start of each day, help my son and me to recognize you above all else. Enlighten the eyes of our heart that we might see you, and notice how you’re at work through our lives. Give us the wisdom to make the best choices. Fill us with a desire to seek after you more than anything else in this world. Let your Spirit and power breathe in us, through us, again, fresh and new. Amen.
19. Today, I ask that your peace lead my son, and guard his heart and mind in you. I ask for your grace to cover his life this day. He needs you today and always. Please do not be far from him.
20. Father, thank you for stepping into the life of my son and letting him have a personal relationship with you. Thank you for your love for him today and forever. Thank you for the blessings you’ve given him and the rest of my family. Help us use those blessings to bless others. May we live a life of true joy as we see you at work around us today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
21. God, please enlighten the mind of my son with truth, inspire his will with courage, inflame his heart with love, and enrich his life with service. Pardon what he has been, sanctify what he is, and order what he will be. Amen
22. Dear Lord, help my son love the life he is living right now. Show him the good things he often overlooks and help him to be content with what he has. Forgive him whenever he compares himself to others, and forgive him for longing for things outside of you and your kingdom. Thank you for loving him right where he is, right as he is. Help him keep his eyes on you in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
23. Lord, my son and I are before you today to ask for more of Your Holy Spirit in our lives. It can be very easy for us to become consumed with the fears that surround us in life, but we know that just as Your eye is indeed on the sparrow, so also do You care for and see us.
24. Merciful God, I bring my son before you asking that you bless his heart to be held back by nothing as he seeks You each new day in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
25. Help my child to crave your presence more than he craves sin. Help him to grow in the fruit of the Spirit and to walk closer with Yourself. I pray for guidance from your Spirit. Let your will and promises always be a meditation of his heart in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
26. As we start this day, help my child remember that he belongs to you, and let him desire to act accordingly. Keep his feet from stumbling and his mind from wandering into distractions that could steal precious time and energy from the most important things you have designed for him. Amen.
27. Lord, thank you for your abounding and abundant grace. Thank you that we don’t have to earn anything that comes so freely to us today. Thank you for the unmerited favour you’ve showered on my son. Help him put himself in the path of your love and grace. Help him not neglect the disciplines he needs to meet with you regularly. Amen.
28. Please teach my child to rely fully on You. Bring him into a greater understanding of how You operate, so that he may come into a deeper understanding that all he sees with the natural eyes is not all that is. I ask for him today, eyes to see Your hand in all matters, and a heart that’s open to Your work. Amen.
29. Dear Lord, I lift my son unto you. Help him remember what difference it makes whenever you’re our priority in the morning. Awaken him in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance, and wisdom over his heart as he prepares to go into his day in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
30. Father, my son longs to hear from You. Today, he is making the commitment to start having a daily quiet time. He will listen for Your voice above all of the other voices in his life. Lord, teach him how to centre his life on You and help him obey whatever he hears You say in Jesus’ name, amen.
The power and efficacy of prayers cannot be overemphasized. In the same vein, saying prayers in the mornings is a great way of seeking out the plans of God for the new day ahead of you. Whatever you need, be it peace, rest, encouragement or strength, God is capable of reaching out and meeting you at the point of your need when you approach the throne of grace with a lowly heart. And this should extend to your children; in this case, your son.
As a covering and guide to them, one of the greatest things you can do for your sons is to pray for them. And what sweeter way to start their day than immersing them in prayers just before they begin their day. Seek the presence of God upon their lives every morning before your and their attentions are drawn away from the presence of God by the vicissitudes of life. My unique list of good morning prayers for my son contains all the kinds of prayers you need to fire up a productive day for your son.