If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ve probably had the experience of feeling jittery or nervous after drinking too much caffeine. But can you actually get addicted to caffeine?
Well, yes — and it’s not just your mind playing tricks on you. Caffeine is a drug that acts on the brain in many different ways. It stimulates the central nervous system, making us feel more alert and awake. At the same time, it decreases our perception of pain and increases our heart rate and blood pressure. The addictive nature of caffeine may be due to its ability to release dopamine in the brain’s pleasure centre — the same way other drugs do — but not enough research has been done to confirm this theory.
There is so much that can be said about how high on coffee one could be. That’s why I have taken the time to write down these high on coffee quotes to help explain the joy of being high on coffee.
High on Coffee Quotes
I get high on coffee! Coffee is the essence of my life, it has such a hold on me. Coffee is my passion and if I didn’t have it, I would not be able to function properly. I don’t think even motivational quotes can get me through the day as much as coffee does. It keeps me sane and happy.
1. I love coffee. I get high on it. Not because of the taste, but because I can get high off it. The first cup of coffee in the morning is a powerful thing. I think at least half my ideas come from drinking coffee.
2. Coffee is a part of my life, if someone told me I could never drink coffee again, I would be devastated. The smell alone puts me in a better mood.
3. Coffee is a drug. The caffeine only masks the real high: the guilt.
4. It seems like everything is better when I’m drinking coffee – the world is more beautiful, people are funnier, and days go by faster.
5. Coffee is a drug that allows me to function during the day, it’s my morning ritual. I crave a cup at sunrise and never look back.
6. I don’t mean to exaggerate here, but I literally live for coffee. Coffee will keep you up, but it won’t keep you down.
7. Nothing gets me going like a big cup of delicious coffee. It’s the ultimate before-work drink and has become a major part of my breakfast routine.
8. The smell, the taste, and the feeling in the morning with a warm fresh cup of coffee … some may say that’s just a beautiful addiction.
9. Coffee: a little bit of heaven, a little bit of energy, and just a little bit of euphoria.
10. Coffee is the first thing I think of in the morning, and arguably the last. Coffee is my midnight snack, morning breath and afternoon breath. I am addicted to coffee and have no plans on quitting anytime soon.
11. I have found the key to happiness. Coffee.
12. Coffee is liquid therapy. It’s like a little shot of adrenaline in your bloodstream, making you feel superhuman and invincible.
13. The caffeine in coffee is a stimulant. It makes you feel awake and more alert. I’m happy when I drink coffee.
14. What is it about coffee that makes it so addictive? It’s the first thing we look forward to in the morning. We depend on that amazing aroma and those rich, warm flavours to get us started each day.
15. It’s a natural, organic addiction. I get high on coffee. There’s nothing better than the smell of a freshly brewed pot of coffee. There is nothing like that morning family ritual where we laugh and chat while the kitchen fogs with steam and makes that rich gurgling sound as it brews.
16. Coffee is a beverage that often gets labelled as “a life-changing experience.”
17. Being high on coffee and being invincible is how we roll. I don’t mean to exaggerate here, but I can’t imagine life without coffee.
18. When I wake up in the morning, the smell of coffee is one of the first things I want to experience. When I need to escape from reality, I drink a hot cup of coffee and sit down at my favourite cafe.
19. Coffee is a drug and it makes you feel good. Coffee is the air that I breathe. It’s just a part of who I am.
20. Coffee is a combination of all things good; like a little bit of heaven, just enough energy to get the job done, and a little bit of euphoria to put a smile on your face.
21. I need my coffee in the morning like you need your alarm clock.
22. For those fortunate enough to know coffee’s siren call, there is nothing more motivating than the smell, the taste, and the feeling in the morning of a warm fresh cup of coffee.
23. I get very high on coffee. Nothing makes me as high as coffee.
24. I can’t wait to get my hands on some coffee. I never feel more awake than when I drink coffee. Coffee makes me feel like a million bucks!
25. When I drink coffee, I feel like the first person to wake up and start a new day.
26. Drinking coffee is like having an intimate conversation with a really good friend.
27. If I had to choose between breathing and coffee, well I guess I would be dead. It’s that bad.
28. Coffee makes me feel alive. Coffee is my energy. When I drink coffee I feel like a real person.
29. I love coffee. A cup of coffee is like instant energy for the soul. It’s super delicious, but also very addictive.
30. I guess I could live without coffee, but I don’t want to. I get high on coffee – a large one with honey and whipped cream every morning. It’s my favourite drug of choice.
31. I love coffee because it tells me it loves me back. I get high on it.
32. I’m completely addicted to coffee. I just love the taste and smell of it, the warmth in my hands from holding the warm cup … it’s like a warm hug!
33. I love coffee. The precious moments of each day wouldn’t be the same without this magical drink that awakens each and every one of my senses and keeps me from putting on too many pounds.
34. Coffee is heaven in an aromatic beverage that takes only minutes to brew.
35. I love coffee. I drink coffee every single day. If I could drink coffee 24/7,I would be the happiest person alive. I drink coffee from morning till night.
36. I feel like a million bucks and can accomplish anything while on coffee, my mind is clear and focused to the point where I don’t even need to think about what I’m doing, it just comes naturally.
37. Coffee is a lifestyle. It’s a religion, even. It has its own rituals, its own dogma, and most importantly an entire culture that revolves around its consumption. But beyond being just another beverage with caffeine in it, it’s damn good. I get so high from it.
38. Every morning, after my first cup of coffee, I experience the most wonderful sensation … I feel fully alive and happy.
39. Some people like the way coffee smells, but I am addicted to the taste. That first taste on my lips is everything.
40. The smell of coffee… A warm cup of coffee… The rich, full body of a freshly-brewed cup… Nothing else in the world can compare to it.
41. Coffee. It’s the smell, taste, and feeling in the morning with a warm fresh cup of coffee that drives some to chase that high.
42. I love coffee. It’s great to start the day with and get me through the afternoon. Coffee has changed my life by allowing me to work longer hours and stay focused, especially when I had kids. Coffee is an art that creates different kinds of coffee, perfect for keeping me awake!
43. Coffee is a magical drink with a thousand powers, the first of which is that it makes me happy.
44. I love coffee. I can’t function without it. Everybody needs a little pick me up, every now and then. Mine is coffee.
45. I drink coffee because it makes my day brighter, helps me to focus and makes me sleep like a baby at night.
46. Coffee does not just taste good, but it’s also a great way to start your day.
47. Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised.
48. Coffee is the one thing that makes it all better. It is my ultimate energy drink.
49. Coffee isn’t just a drink. It’s a way of life. It’s not just something to fill you up and make you feel good, it’s something that keeps you awake and energetic.
50. Coffee is a wonderful thing. It gives you the energy to make it through your morning and fuels the conversation that sets off your day.
51. A cup of coffee, a hot shower and warm snuggly pyjamas are all I need to start off my day.
52. The best part of waking up is your coffee in bed.
53. Coffee is magical. I don’t know how many ways there are to describe it, but it just makes me so happy. From the moment I wake up and smell the brew to the sweetness of my third cup of the morning, there’s just something special about coffee.
54. A great start to your day, and a pick-me-up at any time of the day, coffee will always be an excellent choice. It is an elixir that can fill the void of so many pains and worries.
And that’s it; a list of some of the best high on coffee quotes. Let us know if you enjoyed reading this in the comment section.