Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that causes the person to experience extreme changes in mood, energy, thinking and behaviour. This is characterized by alternating periods of depression and mania (or hypomania).
People with bipolar disorder experience episodes of mania and depression. Mania is a period of unusually elevated mood and/or irritability that lasts at least one week. It can cause marked impairment in social or occupational functioning and may require hospitalization to protect the person from harming themselves or others.
Depression is a period of low mood that can last for days, weeks, or months. Depressed people may have feelings of worthlessness or guilt; they may lose interest in activities they once enjoyed; they may have difficulty concentrating; their sleep patterns may change, and their appetite may change either increasing or decreasing. Bipolar disorder affects men and women equally and usually begins during adolescence or early adulthood. The average age of onset is 25 years old but it can start as early as age 2 or as late as middle age (40s).
These amazing I am bipolar quotes can also serve as awareness to others about the disorder and can help you feel a little more understood when you share them.
I Am Bipolar Quotes
There are many ways to describe the bipolar disorder. It’s a mood disorder or a mental illness. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain, or it’s genetic. But for those who have experienced it, bipolar is much more than a label.
1. I am bipolar. I can be good, bad, or both! And whether I’m good or bad, it’s always me. I am on a spectrum. I have mood swings, but I am not me.
2. I’m tenacious. I have an insatiable hunger for competition. I’m ambitious and self-reliant. I forge my path and owe nothing to anyone – just like my country’s forefathers.
3. I am bipolar; I don’t choose to be like this. It is who I am and how I was born. I am bipolar, but I’m not crazy. I can handle it.
4. I am bipolar; I am not crazy, I have a chemical imbalance that is treated with medication daily. I have been using mental health services for almost 20 years, and this had enabled me to get back to the person I was before my disorder took hold of my life.
5. I feel like I’m in a constant state of high and low. Sometimes it feels really good to be a part of the world, and sometimes it feels as though I am lost in an infinite black hole.
6. Bipolar disorder is not what you think. It’s not even what you know. It’s a secret no one knows about except those of us who live with it every day. But it doesn’t have to be a secret anymore.
7. I am not a problem; I am just not well. I have bipolar. Sometimes it gets really bad. But still, I am who I am. I am not a part of the bipolar story. I am my own story, and I write it my way.
8. I am bipolar, and I am not your victim. You can’t force me to take my meds, or whatever they are called. I want to live life as it’s meant to be lived: full of ups and downs, love and hate, happiness and sadness.
9. I am bipolar. But I am not crazy, just different. The world would be better if everyone understood that a little bit more.
10. I have bipolar disorder, but I am not crazy, I’m just different. The world would be better if everyone understood that a little bit more. No matter what, I’ll be living with the disease.
11. I am bipolar. I am not crazy, just different. If more people understood how I thought and felt, the world would be a better place. Until then, don’t call me crazy.
12. Indeed, in learning more about my illness, my own family began to understand why I do the things I do. I wish everyone was my family.
13. It’s simple. Everyone has good days and bad days, but some of us have lows that are so incredible that we don’t feel the highs at all. So we know how to help you with it.
14. I am a bipolar disorder warrior, and I will not back down. When you’re bipolar, living life is an emotional roller coaster.
15. I’m fighting to end the stigma surrounding mental health. I am a bipolar disorder warrior. Come rain, come shine, I would still be me.
16. I don’t back down. And if you’re living with bipolar disorder, there’s one thing you need to know: You don’t have to. You can still win.
17. I have bipolar disorder, and I’m not afraid to live life on the edge with all of its craziness. No matter what, I’ll be strong.
18. I’m a warrior. I won’t give in to the darkness here. I will fight to find the light. I may be bipolar, but I won’t stop living my life to the fullest.
19. I refuse to give up. No matter what challenges I face, I always strive for more. I am bipolar, but still, I won’t settle.
20. When you’re bipolar, living life is an emotional roller coaster. I’m Bipolar. But I won’t ever feel like a failure.
21. There is no room for negativity in my mind. It’s all sunshine and rainbows until it rains. Then I’m bipolar. And I am strong for living with the condition.
22. There’s no room for negativity in my mind. I love life, and I love people regardless of all the negative things that may happen. People with bipolar, which I have, are a force to be reckoned with. We are strong because we’ve had to overcome so much to remain happy and at peace with the world.
23. I am bipolar for life, and it is what it is. But I refuse to let it control me. I’ve learned how to manage my moods, and I find comfort in knowing I’m not the only one dealing with this monster.
24. I refuse to let my bipolar disorder dictate how I live. I am strong and happy every single day. I won’t let any of my symptoms ruin my day.
25. No more negativity. I have accepted my condition and live each day positively. I have bipolar. I am strong.
26. I am a fickle thing. I love, then I hate, then I love again. I laugh, then I cry and laugh again. It’s all just in a day or two. I am bipolar.
27. It’s not about how much manic energy you have; it’s about how you choose to use it. I am bipolar. And the world moves super fast around me.
28. It’s not how hard life knocks you down; it’s about how you get up. I am bipolar. And I always hate what this condition does to me.
29. I have bipolar disorder. I experience severe mood swings, from a deep depression to an uncontrollable mania.
30. I suffer from Bipolar 1 disorder. It means a lot of people don’t see my ups without my downs. But I have learned there’s no way to avoid the bad times and keep the good, so why not make the bad ones as good as they can be?
31. Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that causes extreme shifts in energy. It’s not easy going from happy to sad, angry to calm. I hate it.
32. I like to be active, but I have a mental illness that prevents me from being my best unless I take medication.
33. I’m not sure what the future holds, but I know it will be chaotic, bloody, and glorious. I am bipolar.
34. I am bipolar, but I am not broken. I’m the same happy person that you remember from a few years ago.
35. I am bipolar. I am bipolar. But that doesn’t mean I’m a bad person. It doesn’t mean I can’t have fun. It doesn’t mean I’m too tired to go out and enjoy life.
36. I am bipolar, and I’m okay. I can go up and down, but I always come back for more. I cannot let the disease define me.
37. I am bipolar. I can be manic and then depressed, so I know how it feels to be on the other side of that feeling. But there’s more to me than just being bipolar – I’m a person with something to say. And bipolar is my story, but it’s not all of me.
38. I am bipolar, but I’m bipolar. Not crazy, not sad, just different. Different but the same: I have a disorder too. A disorder that can’t be fixed with pills or mental health strategies; but instead is a daily struggle to maintain my faith and self-respect
39. I am bipolar. I have been on and off medication since I was a teenager. Yes, medication can work wonders. But they don’t cure the problem; they just mask it.
40. I am different, I am moody, and I am bipolar. But I still try to smile as much as possible because my life is not perfect yet, but it’s worth fighting for.
41. Sometimes I’m happy, sometimes I’m sad. Sometimes it’s raining, and sometimes it’s sunny. I am bipolar; what are you?
42. I’m bipolar. I have mood swings. If you can’t tolerate this, don’t follow me. I’m not always bipolar. But when I am, I rock.
43. Bipolar disorder is a disease that affects how you think, feel, and behave. You can do amazing things—and it’s important to remember that while they’re challenging, they’re also possible.
44. I am bipolar, and I’m aware that life is short, and I need to find the people who make me smile, then smile as often as possible!
45. Life is a journey. Take time to enjoy the scenery and make memories. I am bipolar, and it feels scary for me sometimes.
46. I am bipolar, and I know life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in catastrophe, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up and three-quarters destroyed.
47. I am bipolar. Sometimes I do not feel good about myself. But I still roll on every day because life is for living.
48. No matter how bipolar I am, I am still me. I am still the intelligent, kind, and resourceful person that I am.
49. I am bipolar. Sometimes it takes the best of me. While other times, it gives me the time to be me. Either way, I am strong.
50. Living with bipolar can drive you nuts. You try to act normal, but you can’t. I hope it gets better someday.
I hope these beautiful I am bipolar quotes have been graciously enjoyed. Please, drop your comment and share them with your loved ones.