Learning to love yourself is vital for leading a happy life. The ability to get past social standards, and not question yourself about your flaws or weaknesses is key to loving the person you are deep down. It’s quite a hurdle to overcome.
Learning to love yourself is a process, not an end goal. Loving and accepting yourself takes time, especially if you have been neglected, abused or hurt by someone else’s actions. Don’t be ashamed of being broken because it is going to happen anyway — unless you toughen up, and prepare for the worst.
Then you will know what you are capable of, and how far you’ve come from the beginning.
So many people had their fair share of troubles growing up, that made them feel inadequate and inferior. The journey to loving yourself can be the hardest you’ll ever take. Sometimes, you feel like you’re the only one to go through it.
When you learn to love yourself, you allow yourself that comfort. When you learn to love yourself, you realize that everyone is fighting their own battle.
These I am learning to love myself quotes are about learning to love and accept yourself for who you are, without minding what anyone thinks of you.
I Am Learning to Love Myself Quotes
I will learn to forgive myself for my mistakes and accept myself fully as I am. Learning to love me is what will make me a better person, in turn making other people love me more too.
1. Learning to love myself the way I am, and with all my strengths and imperfections is one of my greatest accomplishments.
2. Learning to love myself has been an ongoing process, but there have been some definite milestones along the way. These milestones have led me to a place where I can truly say that I am proud of who I am.
3. When you learn to love yourself, you will know how to love others as well. Before you can love another person, you must first love yourself.
4. Learning to love myself has been a long journey. I am learning to embrace who I am and not apologize for it.
5. I am finally learning to love myself enough that I don’t need the approval of others anymore. I just needed time to realize that my happiness starts with me.
6. Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
7. I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.
8. I am learning to love myself. When you learn to love yourself, people will have no choice but to love you. Stop looking outwards for approval and validation. Learn to accept who you are, flaws and all.
9. Learning to love yourself is never easy. There are a lot of reasons people have trouble loving themselves. One reason is that we tend to be our own worst critics.
10. The more you can practice self-love, the better off you’ll be. You deserve to treat yourself with kindness and respect.
11. Learning to love yourself means learning to accept yourself exactly as you are right now, even if you don’t feel like you’re “there” yet. It’s about being kind, and patient with yourself in your journey towards becoming whom you want to be.
12. I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.
13. Learn to love yourself instead of abusing yourself. Learn to accept, and love your flaws as well as you do your strengths. Learn to be gentle with yourself and others, and you will notice how much more gracefully life unfolds before you.
14. I am learning to be more compassionate with myself because I know that I can only truly feel compassion for others when I feel it for myself first.
15. Learning to love yourself is hard when no one ever taught you how, or when other people constantly make you feel like you’re not good enough or don’t deserve love in the first place. Learning to love yourself is the hardest thing you’ll ever do but once you do, I promise everything else will fall into place.
16. Learning to love yourself can be difficult, but it’s definitely a worthy endeavour. With time, you’ll realize that you don’t have to struggle with negative thoughts, and try to keep up with the impossible standards of beauty that our society has created.
17. You are beautiful just the way you are. Learning to love yourself will be one of the hardest things you’ve ever done, but you have to dig deep, accept the uncomfortable, and take action on hard truths about who you were—the good and the bad.
18. As you learn how to love yourself and treat yourself better, more people will join you along the way. It’s an amazing feeling.
19. I think loving yourself is a constant work in progress; it’s something that we grow into as we learn more about who we are, and what we’re capable of.
20. My advice would be to keep being open-minded, self-aware and kind—to yourself and others. Continue down your path, and know that loving yourself is a journey—you’ll get there if you allow yourself the time and space to grow.
21. When I was younger, I used to look in the mirror and think I was fat. Now I know that wasn’t true, it was just my perception of myself.
22. Learning to love yourself is one of the most important things in the world. The way you feel about yourself will determine the foundation from which you live your life.
23. If you are not happy with your life, maybe it is time to review the way you think of yourself and implement some changes that will make you love yourself again.
24. I think the most courageous thing you can do is love yourself. It’s harder than loving somebody else. I’m learning to do that because it doesn’t make sense to expect someone else to love me if I don’t love myself. A lot of women are raised to be whom men want them to be, and not who they really are.
25. I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me. Learning to love myself was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
26. Learning how to love yourself is the greatest love of all. Loving myself was one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done in my life, but it also took a lot of work and a lot of tears, but mostly, it took a lot of courage.
27. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.
28. Love yourself enough to say no when something doesn’t feel right for you.
29. Love yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.
30. Love yourself enough to know your self-worth. Love yourself enough to find a team of people who truly love, and believe in you as much as you do them.
31. Love yourself enough to let go of the people that hold you down and keep you from being your best self.
32. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
33. Learning to love myself has been the most challenging thing I have ever done. For so long, I thought I was never good enough. I thought that if I could just lose a few more pounds, or be more like the girls in my favourite magazines, then I would be happy and successful. Now, I am learning to love myself for who I truly am, and it’s amazing.
34. Sometimes life is hard and we have a lot of things going on at once. It can feel like the weight of the world is on our shoulders, but it’s important to take care of yourself first and foremost. You are worthy of love no matter what.
35. Learning to love myself has been an uphill battle for me. I finally learned to love myself. I’m not saying I’m the most beautiful woman in the world, but I’m pretty awesome.
36. I have to love myself before I can expect anyone else to love me. I am learning how to love myself. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
37. I’m learning how to love myself, and this is a process that will not end.
38. Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.
39. Learning to love yourself is not a selfish act. It’s the most loving thing you can do for yourself, and everyone around you.
40. To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.
41. People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind individuals because they don’t have the need to prove themselves to others.
42. I am learning to love the thing that makes me different. I am learning to love how it feels when there is nothing left in my heart but my own feelings. I am learning to love myself the way I am.
43. I am learning to love what I cannot change, and change what I cannot accept. I am learning to love the silence of my own heart, the silence of my own thoughts, and the silence of my own soul.
44. I am learning to love myself for who I am, not for who I want to be. I’m no longer going to sit around waiting for someone else to tell me what’s beautiful about me. Instead, I’m going to start looking for every opportunity that’s presented in order for me to learn how to love myself more and more each day.
45. It’s really important to love yourself, forgive yourself, for all the choices you’ve made. All of us are learning how to love. It’s just a part of life. I’m still learning how to love myself, and forgive myself.
46. Sometimes, we need other people and sometimes, we need to be by ourselves to figure things out. And that’s okay.
47. Self-love is our core, fundamental need and the most powerful force for change on the planet. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
48. Self-love is an ocean, and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.
49. Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.
50. Self-love seems so often unrequited. The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. Love yourself first, because that’s who you’ll be spending the rest of your life with.
Hello there. I hope this meets you well. How did you feel about the I am learning to love myself quotes up there? I hope they will help you regain your self-esteem and self-worth. I hope they help you to start loving yourself more.
Let me know what you think about them, by dropping your comments below. Thank you.