You’ve probably heard of the phrase “a friend in need is a friend indeed.” This phrase embodies the essence of balancing relationships with others.
Relationships are all about putting others ahead of yourself, caring for friends and family members, loving one another, and bringing meaning to each other’s lives.
Howbeit, it’s hard to lend a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on for those in need. After all, no one wants to feel like a burden. However, there are times when we must provide such comfort or advice to others.
Often, reaching out can be the hardest thing to do and the most rewarding act of love we can give. Remember, we all need a little help sometimes and a friend to lend us an ear.
Here are a few inspirational quotes for a friend in need to make them feel better about themselves.
Words of Wisdom for a Friend in Need
You are not born with a fixed amount of resilience. Like a muscle, you can build it up to draw on it when you need it. You will figure out who you are in that process, and you just might become the very best version of yourself.
1. You have to reach out, grab life, and swing with all your might. Just remember that if you fall, it doesn’t mean you failed because you can always get back up, dust yourself off, and jump higher next time!
2. You’re not always going to get things right. Sometimes you’ll fail, but that’s okay. Take it slow, and know that things will get better with time.
3. Even if you’re facing an unexpected crisis or difficult situation, do not lose hope. If someone offers you a helping hand and a kind word, take it. You will get through this period in your life, and you will emerge on the other side better for it.
4. In times of anxiety and chaos, know that everything will be okay. Just take a breath and relax. Deep breaths are like sunshine for the soul.
5. Don’t take the bait of people who want to drag you down, friend. Stay focused on what is in front of you, and keep moving forward.
6. If you’re still feeling down, remember: You are where you’re supposed to be in life. Be strong. Don’t let the weight of life crush you.
7. Sometimes, we’re tested not to show our weaknesses but to discover our strengths. You are wise beyond your years. You will find the answer and come through this stronger than ever.
8. Dear friend, I hope you know that you’re always one decision away from a different life. You’ve got this. Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet.
9. We don’t believe in science; we believe it because of experience. If you ever feel low, remember that there is always a way out. Fall in love with the process, and the results will come.
10. Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have. You’ve got this! There’s no mountain you can’t climb, and everything will be all right.
11. Keep your head always in the clouds. Keep your feet always on the ground. It’s not about waiting for the storm to pass. Rather it’s about learning to dance even in the rain.
12. I know that you are going through a tough time right now, but remember: mountains don’t move overnight. The world is yours to conquer, and nothing is truly impossible.
13. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Every obstacle is an opportunity to roar. Remember, what you do today can improve all your tomorrow.
14. Friend, you can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
15. There may be troubles along the way, but don’t stop. Keep walking. The hard work you put into it today will equal the success you see tomorrow.
16. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. May the sunrise before you set behind you, and may your worries be less.
17. You have been through some rough times, but so has everyone else. The difference is that you don’t let those rough patches get in the way of your destiny. Always remember that!
18. Just remember, when life gets tough, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I will always be here for you, no matter what.
19. You have to learn some things on your own: who your real friends are and all the little lessons life throws at you.
20. Growth is painful, but you’ll eventually start to flourish if you keep pushing. Remember: this too shall pass.
21. If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one because, in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
22. You can find true happiness even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.
23. Overcoming a few obstacles should never be your reason not to keep going. You’ve got this! You are stronger than the challenges you face; keep going.
24. Amidst the ups, downs, and uncertainties of life, I need you to know that I’ll always be your strength when you are weak.
25. You can learn something new every day if you listen. Be present in all things and thankful for all things. The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one.
Motivational Quotes for a Friend in Need
No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
26. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
27. The more you learn, the more you know. The more you know, the more places to go.
28. It’s not the future that you’re afraid of. It’s repeating the past that makes you anxious. You are your own best teacher. Be kind to yourself.
29. You have to go wholeheartedly into anything to achieve anything worth having.
30. True happiness is a journey, not a destination. Focus on creating your best life every day, and don’t worry about the future.
31. You don’t have to do what everybody else is doing. When the time is right, you’ll know.
32. Stay strong. I’m here for you in good times and bad; when you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
33. Keep your chin up; things will get better. You’re not alone. I’m here for you!
34. You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day; keep that in mind. Every day is a new challenge, but with challenges come great opportunities.
35. Everything happens for a reason. You are amazing and strong. Keep pushing forward!
36. Friend, I’m here for you when you feel down and will always help you pick yourself up again.
37. We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated. Be strong and stay focused on what the future holds.
38. Sometimes, you have to let your heartbreak so that it can grow back bigger and better.
39. If you have goals and dreams and are willing to put in the time and effort, it’s never too late. You’ll get through this. Be strong and take it one day at a time.
40. Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love hard, laugh a lot, and don’t forget to be awesome.
41. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, dare to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
42. Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.
43. Friend, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
44. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
45. Well-behaved women rarely make history and be bold and fearless. Don’t lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
46. When the world is dark, reach deep within and find your inner light.
47. It doesn’t matter what you’re going through. What matters is how you get through it.
48. Strength begins in the heart and mind. The words you speak to yourself make all the difference. Remember, you have the strength, the patience, and the passion for reaching for the stars to change the world.
49. You only fail when you fall and stay down. Keep believing in yourself and never stop dreaming big.
50. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have. Keep fighting, and don’t give up when the going gets tough.
Uplifting Quotes for a Friend in Need
Once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is over. But one thing is certain. You won’t be the same person who walked in when you come out of the storm. That’s what this storm’s all about.
51. Sometimes, the hardest and right things are the same. Be a desert flower and grow wherever you are, and you will bloom soon; I have faith!
52. There is nothing more beautiful than having the courage to stand up for yourself and be who you are. You may not be where you want to be, but you are not where you used to be. Keep going!
53. Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith and build your wings on the way down. Dear friend, you are not alone. We will get through this together.
54. Those who have the greatest impact on society have the most scars. Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.
55. Just because you don’t know what the future looks like doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the present. Good times are coming! You’re even more powerful than you know.
56. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Don’t ever lose hope. You are stronger than you think you are and can overcome anything.
57. Be strong in the moments you feel weak. What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
58. Rise above the storm, and you will find the sunshine. Whatever is happening right now, good or bad, will pass. And this too shall pass. Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.
59. I love you a lot, and the best way I can think to show it is to let you know that I support you fully. You are not alone.
60. When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.”
61. You are capable of achieving your dreams. If not, who will? When you can’t find optimism, be it. Keep moving forward!
62. You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will. Don’t let the muggles get you down.
63. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles. And when you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
64. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s yourself.
65. There is no passion for being found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. It’s all about believing in your dreams and manifesting those visions, making them tangible.
66. Struggles often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.
67. There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.
68. Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
69. One day, you’re going to wake up and realize that you are now the person you once wished to be.
70. Forget the past mistakes and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
71. If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere. I hope everything gets better for you soon. Don’t forget that you’re loved by many.
72. If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
73. You can only become the person you decide to be. May you always be brave and confident in your beliefs.
74. Every day may not be good, but you can find something good every day. Some days, 24 hours is too much to stay put in, so friend, take the day hour by hour, moment by moment.
75. Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. And I hope you know that your smile can light up even the darkest day. Hang in there.
Encouraging Quotes for Friends in Need
It’s okay not to be okay right now. It doesn’t mean you’re failing or weak. You are not alone. It just means you are human and feeling what it means to be human. Be proud of yourself for being a feeling human in a world that makes it so easy to stop feeling, stop caring, and stop believing in yourself.
76. If you’re reading this, congratulations on making it to another day, and know that whatever you are struggling with, you are not alone.
77. Confidence is the most beautiful thing you could wear. Remember: The sun always shines on the other side of the rain.
78. You are stronger than you know and braver than you believe, and you don’t have to do it all or be it all. Just keep moving forward with what you can accomplish each day.
79. Sometimes, the most productive thing you can do is relax. On its surface, that doesn’t sound like work at all. But maybe it’s just what you need to get your brain back in shape. So, put aside whatever you think you should be doing and take some time out to breathe, de-stress, and feel happy.
80. If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. You’re always in the same place if you don’t step forward.
81. Sometimes, your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about.
82. When life seems empty and meaningless, remember that a beautiful flower can grow from the darkest soil. Never lose hope in yourself.
83. Everything in life is temporary. So if things are good, enjoy them because they won’t last forever. And if things are going bad, don’t worry. It can’t last forever either.
84. There is a rainbow of hope at the end of every storm. You are much stronger than you know — don’t give up now.
85. There are three things in life that, once lost, can never be regained: the past, your health, and a missed opportunity. Please don’t waste any of them.
86. You only need one person who believes in you no matter what. I’m that person for you, friend.
87. Remember, when you come across something hard, life is trying to move us into something better. Keep holding on.
88. There’s a reason the sun comes up every morning. It’s because it knows that you have to keep going and better things are coming.
89. You may not see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, but I promise you, there’s a light, and you will get through this. You got this!
90. Stay strong—one day at a time. You can do this. And just remember, it is never too late to fall in love with your career path.
91. I know exactly how you feel. When I’m feeling worried or sad, I like to focus on the happy and positive things I have in my life right now. I hope this helps you out, friend.
92. Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.
93. If you have the strength to do it once, you have the strength to do it again. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and never stop learning because you never know whom you inspire.
94. Everyone has a difficult time in life; only some people choose to overcome it. So keep your head up and move forward. We are here if you need anything.
95. Nobody is perfect. That’s why pencils have erasers. You will be just fine because you are the strongest person I know, and you will get through this.
96. There is nothing I would not do for those who are my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.
97. You were strong when you started. You’re amazing now, and don’t give up because you find it difficult. The hard part is what makes it great.
98. Remember, you can handle whatever life throws your way today. You got this!
99. It’s time to build your best self. Don’t forget, you are strong and can do this. Remember, we are always here if you need a shoulder to lean on.
100. Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible. You’re strong, you got this, and I’m here for you whenever you need me.
101. The strongest people make time to help others. Even if they’re struggling with their battles, never underestimate someone’s ability to make you smile, even if they’re not around.
102. The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
103. Dear friend, I know times are tough right now but don’t lose hope in yourself or your dreams.
104. It’s a choice to be optimistic about your situation. I hope you’re able to make that choice. Let me know if you need some help.
105. Hang in there! I know you can do it! Just keep going and follow your heart.
106. You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
107. You may have lost your job, but you never lost your talent. The world will learn to see that very soon.
108. A friend is like a teabag. You can never tell how strong it is until it’s in hot water.
In the end, all you need to do is be there for your friend. Sometimes, all it takes is a few carefully chosen words and a genuine smile to brighten someone’s day.
So today, I urge you to think about all of your friends who could need an encouraging word or two. And I encourage you to take that step to reach out and connect with them in some way—if only for a few minutes.
It can be any way at all: a simple phone call, a text message, or perhaps even a handwritten note. You might just make someone’s day—and that can go a long way towards healing the world.
And before you go, don’t forget to share this collection of inspirational quotes for a friend in need with your friends and loved ones.