The workday can be a constant struggle, isn’t it? I mean, who doesn’t want to stay on vacation forever? And when we go back to work, it often doesn’t go as planned. We expected to be better rested when we returned and get down to business. And yet, it seems like we shouldn’t return.
Some people often find themselves feeling overwhelmed when they go back to work after a long weekend or vacation. When we return to the office, the feelings of stress and uncertainty come back. We worry about deadlines or the possibility that we have lost the drive and the passion for work.
When thinking back to the break we just had (or even if it’s not yet over), what comes to mind? Is it something positive? I’m sure we are filled with many emotions: happiness from time off, sadness from saying goodbye to the break, and excitement for the new adventures that await us.
Even though it is hard to return to the office after spending time away, there are several points to keep in mind that may make the transition back easier. First, don’t be disheartened if you’ve been extremely productive during your break, because that doesn’t define productivity in the workplace. Also, set realistic expectations for your first week back at work so excess stress is avoided. And, finally, remember that we humans thrive best when working with others–so don’t be discouraged if returning to a group project.
However, if you need quotes to motivate you or someone back to work, these inspirational quotes for going back to work will help you or someone.
Inspirational Quotes for Going Back to Work
It’s time to get back to work but remember: you’re not alone. Whether you have a long commute, a team to motivate, or a new project ahead of you, remind yourself that you’ve got what it takes. Never stop believing in your ability to succeed.
1. When you feel overwhelmed about going back to work, remind yourself that by doing so, you’re pursuing your dreams.
2. Keep your spirits high and your personality bright when heading back to work. Go back to work inspired.
3. You may not always feel excited to go back to work, but it’s a big part of your life, so why not make it work for you? It’s always darkest before the dawn.
4. You’ve had a long weekend, but now it’s back to work. Don’t be discouraged – get excited to get back to the grind and remember that your hard work will pay off in the end.
5. Get to work. And not just on your career, but on being the best you.
6. At the beginning of another work week. Don’t forget to take a moment at the start of each day for self-reflection and gratitude.
7. Go ahead and try. You might succeed. If you’re lucky, you’ll find out and you’ll get there. At least you’ll have some…
8. When you’re feeling anxious or stressed, it’s nice to have a mantra to remind you that the world isn’t all bad.
9. Work hard, stay focused, and remember that the harder you work now, the more rewards you will reap later.
10. No matter how hard it is, no matter how hopeless things seem, keep going. You gotta keep moving.
11. You might feel like the whole world is against you, but if you can actually take a step back and look at this objectively, you’ll realize that there are tons of people who are rooting for YOU and want to see you succeed.
12. The first step is always the hardest—once you’re there, all the others are easy.
13. Just remember, the darkest hour is before dawn, and it’s always darkest before the sun rises.
14. Weekend’s over. Time to dust off the cobwebs and get back to work. Fall back into the grove of work-life.
15. The man who is up against it and still fights, despite the odds, is the one who deserves credit.
16. It’s time to focus on the bigger picture, buck up and make a plan. The harder you work the luckier you get.
17. Have a more positive day. When you find yourself struggling, remember that you have the power to change your attitude.
18. With a new season come new opportunities for learning, discovery, and growth. You can’t wait for what work has ahead in store for you.
19. You may not want to go back to work. But I have to! The working day is as light as a feather if you do what you love.
20. Starting a job is like dating. Everyone’s nervous, everyone’s curious and everyone’s trying to impress. Focus on the ones you connect with and you’ll do just fine.
21. It’s not about how you feel. It’s about what you do. Let the rest fall away, and get to work.
22. When you think of work, don’t think of it as a place to go during the day, but as something you do that shapes the person you become.
23. Don’t wait for the opportunity to come knocking. Make your own luck by creating scenarios that give you the chance to be remarkable.
24. Dare the impossible. It’s going to be a great time at work.
25. Back to the grind. Stay focused and motivated, and make sure you’re getting everything done!
26. If you keep revisiting the past, you can’t move on to the future. Giving up is not an option.
27. You have the capacity to make a positive impact on the world around you. Don’t give up on your work.
28. It’s easy to get caught up in looking back on times when we lost opportunities instead of being grateful for the ones that come our way.
29. If you have a dream, don’t just sit there- chase it. Get back to work.
30. You’re more than your job. You’re not a stranger in a strange land; you’re not an alien here on earth. What you do matters, and there are things to be done.
31. The right mindset can make you more productive. Sometimes when you’re down and don’t want to go back to work, you need to remember that failure is only a temporary condition.
32. Don’t count the days. Make the days count. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
33. Going back to work doesn’t have to be a bummer. If you are getting back to work, be grateful that you have a job and make the most of it.
34. The longer you wait to start, the harder it will be to get back into the routine. Good things happen when you just start.
35. Take a deep breath and go with the flow. The road to success is always under construction.
36. You are capable of so much more than you think. Fall back, no falling down.
37. Don’t let a small fire die out. Feed it until it spreads, consume everything around you and use it for fuel to continue your journey. Rise and grind.
38. As the leaves fall and the air cools down, it can be hard to keep positive about going back to work. If you love your job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life.
39. Bring on the new year and all its fresh starts. There’s no better time than now.
40. If you focus on the goals that are right in front of you, much bigger things will fall into place.
41. Tomorrow is promised to no one, so live like there’s no tomorrow. Live your life and be the best you can be at work.
42. Stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, and don’t forget to floss. Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle as you return to work.
43. Don’t wait for people to be in the right mood. While they’re waiting, you’re growing.
44. Buckle up and get ready to go back to work. Make it happen with some motivation from within.
45. There are countless things you want to accomplish in life and there should be nothing stopping you from getting there.
46. We go back to work not because we want to, but because we want to get better at what we do, so we can get better at who we are.
47. Every day is a new day, with new beginnings and different opportunities. Don’t let your fears of work hold you back.
48. Just focus, prioritize and don’t take things too seriously—sometimes we all need a reminder to just breathe.
49. The road to success is never easy. Be courageous, keep focused and you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve as you go back to work.
50. You have the opportunity to reinvent your career in a brand new way with the back-to-work season – embrace it! The work never finishes, but the rewards are beyond your imagination.
Hopefully, the inspirational quotes to go back to work here will be of help to anyone feeling a little “off” when it comes to returning to the desk.
I have definitely found them useful in the past when returning from a long weekend or weekend-long retreat. Hopefully, you’ll see the wisdom in them too!