A marriage is a promise to one another. It’s a commitment made in the present but hopes to enjoy for many years to come.
The journey of a marriage is not always smooth sailing, there are going to be storms, and there will be moments where you feel like quitting. That’s why it’s important to remember the promises that you made to each other when you were first married, and why you should use these inspirational quotes for marriage problems whenever it seems like your love is headed towards rocky waters.
In any relationship, there are going to be differences. There are going to be things that both partners do or say that will annoy the other person. The key is learning how to get past those issues and focus on the reasons why you love each other in the first place.
Here are some of the best inspirational quotes for marriage problems to strengthen and give you hope that your marriage can be better.
Encouraging Quotes for Troubled Marriage
Every marriage has ups and downs, every couple goes through challenges and troubles. But you can all come out of this, stronger and more in love than ever before.
1. Marriage is not just about two people, it’s about two families, who become intertwined with each other – for good or for bad, usually for life.
2. Divorce doesn’t ‘cure’ a bad marriage, it just creates more problems for you to deal with instead.
3. Couples that are meant to be, are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger.
4. You can have a bad marriage. But you don’t have to settle for it.
5. Bad marriages make good stories. Don’t give up on your marriage. You can make it better than ever.
6. Think that your marriage is too far gone to mend? It’s not. Every day is a new chance to make things better.
7. Make sure you are having a marriage that makes you happy. For it is not about having the perfect couple but about having a better one.
8. All relationships have one law. Never make the one you love feel alone, especially when you’re there.
9. In a marriage, we have to face all of the things that make us grow. There are many types of marriage but true love is the one that grows and lasts forever.
10. A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
11. You don’t marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without.
12. When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time too long, and no other love can break them apart.
13. Marriage is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats – Voltaire
14. Marriage is not always a bed of roses. You have to deal with problems and keep the love alive
15. Strong couples stay together and work to fix their marriage because they have too much respect for each other to just give up.
16. Remember marriage isn’t perfect, it’s two imperfect people choosing to love each other in spite of their flaws.
17. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.
18. Just because you’re struggling in your marriage doesn’t mean it’s going to fail. Every great marriage requires some kind of struggle to get there.
19. Don’t talk about your marriage problems with others. The only people’s opinion you should care about is the one of your partner.
20. The success of marriage comes not in finding the right person, but in being the right person.
21. Great couples are always looking for ways to be better in their marriage.
22. Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.
23. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
24. When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.
25. Selflessness is one of the first steps to happier and healthier marriages.
26. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
27. Sometimes, it’s not just about surviving a marriage. It’s about thriving in it.
28. When you solve problems together, you build a stronger marriage.
29. The most important thing in a marriage is to find out what you can do to make yourself happier before deciding what you need your spouse to do in order to make you happy.
30. It’s not about being the perfect person. It’s about making an imperfect person perfect.
31. But when you are able to work through a marriage, you come out stronger on the other side… well, you will never quite know how strong you really are until you have to dig deep and push through some serious adversity.
32. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday and not your spouse.
33. You fight to save your marriage, not your pride.
34. Think of your marriage as a relationship between you and God. Trust Him first and He will direct your path, to be a husband or wife after His own heart.
35. There are no perfect marriages, so there is no perfect marriage advice, just follow your heart and let it guide you.
36. A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
37. The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret
38. Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful. Cherish and nurture yours and make it beautiful.
39. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, whether it’s a good day or a bad one. Never let the spark of your marriage die.
40. The best marriages are built on teamwork, mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.
41. Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.
42. A strong marriage requires two people who choose to love each other even on the days when they struggle to like each other.
43. The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church, or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again—and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.
44. Never leave a true marriage for a few faults. Nobody is perfect, nobody is correct, and in the end, affection is always greater than perfection
45. The thing about marriage is that if you really love each other and have a deep connection it always grows despite the problems.
46. The best way to make sure a marriage lasts forever is to keep the communication open.
47. A good marriage is one that allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
48. It’s not about being the right person, but creating the right marriage. It’s not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.
49. All marriages go through hell, real marriages get through it.
50. In my opinion, the perfect marriage is one in which the couple fights like cats and dogs on a regular basis—but never about the same thing twice.
Inspirational Quotes for Marriage in Trouble
Every marriage has up and downs, but it’s how you handle the lows that will determine if you last through the highs. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other, even in times of trouble.
51. One will never have a successful marriage until one learns to communicate their feelings.
52. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage but a good marriage has its problems too.
53. Love doesn’t make the world go round in a marriage. Love is what makes the marriage ride worthwhile.
54. The success of a marriage is in the loving – it isn’t in the result of loving. Of course, it’s natural in marriage to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not, it does not determine the value of what we have done.
55. Some of the greatest pains in life are caused by storms that create the strongest marriages.
56. Treat your marriage the same way you treat your smartphone: always keep it powered up.
57. It’s important to remember that marriage is not a destination, but rather a journey and it takes work.
58. The best thing to hold onto in marriage is each other.
59. Love is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other, and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals, they are even better together.
60. Marriage is not about wedding the right person. It is about being the right person!
61. Marriage isn’t easy, but it’s worth it.
62. There are no perfect husbands, nor perfect wives. The best we can do is to make sure that we do not create hell for each other!
63. Don’t give up on marriage because you think the spark is gone. Your marriage will fade if you don’t work to keep it alive.
64. Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair. Don’t break the trust in your marriage.
65. No matter what you’ve done, no matter how unhappy you are, never give up on your marriage.
66. When you’re married, it’s important to give each other space and to let your partner breathe.
67. Your marriage is like a garden, if you let it grow unattended it will reach its full potential, but if you tend to it daily the flowers will bloom brighter, the fruit will be sweeter and the smell of success will fill your life.
68. Marriage is being with someone with whom you can be yourself, who makes your heart comfortable.
69. Your marriage is your commitment to one another, so don’t keep score of who’s right.
70. The best and most beautiful things in marriage cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. So, put all your heart into your marriage.
71. You can’t go back and change the beginning of your marriage, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
72. In marriages, the first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.
73. When it comes to marriage, do not forget to be your partner’s biggest fan, no matter what happens.
74. Your marriage will never be stronger than the man and woman you are inside. So, work on yourself and make yourself stronger.
75. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a spouse, a friend, a companion, a second self.
76. A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
77. If you can love, trust, respect, and support each other during the bad times in marriage, you know it’s real. So, support your partner now because it’s going to be better.
78. Friendship and marriage are two separate things. They don’t overlap, and one does not necessarily lead to the other but it’s important that they do.
79. You can’t change your partner. You can only change yourself. If you want something in your marriage to change, show your partner through action that things will be different.
80. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
81. The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent and it must be equal.
82. What is a marriage? Marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
83. Don’t ever stop doing little things for your spouse. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.
84. Don’t expect your spouse to be a mind reader. Instead of thinking they should know what is wrong, just tell them. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.
85. At the end of the day, a loving couple should find everything forgivable.
86. The difference between a successful marriage and a mediocre one consists of leaving about three or four things a day unsaid.
87. Life has taught us that marriage does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
88. Fear is a wall that stops love in marriage but marriage is a force that tears down walls.
89. Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day despite all that’s happening.
90. A true marriage is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.
91. No marriage is perfect, but you should put in the effort to get as close as you can.
92. A strong marriage requires choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.
93. You can’t run away from your problems, so you might as well stay married and have them follow you.
94. You can either forgive your spouse, or you can be right. But you can’t be both.
95. The test of a good marriage is a partnership and continuing growth, not perfection.
96. All marriages have ups and downs, but don’t let that discourage you. The drops only make the high points higher.
97. One of the greatest challenges in marriage is making time to connect with each other.
98. A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
99. If you love someone, then fight for them. When you truly love someone, being faithful is easy.
100. No marriage is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.
I hope, above all else, that these inspirational quotes for marriage problems will inspire you to be happy in your marriage, as well as help you to keep a positive outlook when things do get tough.
And even if you’re not dealing with any issues right now, it never hurts to have some encouraging quotes ready when they inevitably pop up in the future!