Starting a business is a daunting task, and it takes courage and determination to keep your head up when the going gets tough. As a small business owner, it is important to stay motivated about the purpose of your business.
Running a small business means that you have to wear many hats—an entrepreneur, human resource manager, accountant, marketer, salesperson, customer service rep, and operations manager are just the beginning of what makes small business owners.
Any small business owner needs to remember that it will take hard work and perseverance to make your business succeed. Still, your business can be extremely successful with the right amount of effort and planning.
Do whatever it takes to achieve the level of success you are aiming for, and make sure that you believe in yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. It may take some time, but it’ll all be well worth it in the end.
In the meantime, enjoy these motivational quotes for new business owners and let their wisdom inspire your entrepreneurial spirit.
P.S. These quotes will help maximize your performance, turn your dreams into reality, and inspire small business entrepreneurs whether you are just starting on your own or have been running your own business for years.
Words of Encouragement for Small Business Owners
Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again. Your only competition is yourself. Do better than you did yesterday and focus on your growth every day.
1. It’s important to be proud of your accomplishments, but it’s also important not to let them go to your head. Always remember the people who helped you get where you are.
2. You may not be able to control how you get there, but at least you have the freedom and flexibility to set a course and plan your progress.
3. The definition of success is different for everyone. If you are unsure, ask yourself what makes you feel successful; then do that.
4. Don’t let your victories go to your head and your failures go to your heart. You’re braver than you think. When the going gets tough, remember that the world is still beautiful.
5. There will be times when the business doesn’t grow as fast as you want. There will be setbacks and times that feel like failures. Just know that you won’t ever see success if you give up now.
6. The biggest mistake is to believe you are doing something wrong. Your business is a blank canvas. You get to paint the picture.
7. Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room. Wishing you the courage to be the best entrepreneur you can be!
8. When a business starts with the right intention and direction, even the most stressful days will seem worth it.
9. Don’t be afraid to push beyond your comfort zone—in business and life. Being your boss is hard, but you can do it. Believe in yourself!
10. Always carry a notebook. And I mean always. Short-term memory only retains information for three minutes; you can lose an idea forever unless it is committed to paper.
11. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job. Make your dreams a reality – the only person stopping you is you.
12. Every successful person has failed numerous times. Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
13. The number one thing that holds back small business owners who want to scale is just getting started. Remember, courage is only an accumulation of small steps.
14. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. Don’t be afraid to take time away from your business. It’s important to recharge and come back better than ever!
15. You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. Don’t be afraid to give yourself the space to grow. Believe in yourself, and you can do anything.
16. Palpable energy comes from being around other dreamers and builders. If you’re going to be thinking, you may as well think big.
17. You get out of your business exactly what you put into it. Everything you want for your business is on the other side of fear.
18. Be fearless in pursuing what sets your soul on fire because if you look closely, most overnight successes take a long time.
19. There’s nothing better than tackling the business week armed with a strong cup of coffee and a killer mindset. Be a pirate and make your own rules.
20. Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing. Better days are coming; they are called Saturday and Sunday.
21. You can never fail if you don’t quit. You can either focus on what’s tearing you apart or what’s keeping you together.
22. You’re capable of making your business work. You only need to believe in yourself and put your heart into it.
23. If you’ve never failed, then you’ve never tried anything new. Don’t be afraid to pivot. Flexibility is an entrepreneur’s best skill. Sometimes, you have to create your path.
24. I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
25. The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building on the new, and there’s no better feeling than exceeding your expectations.
26. You are only as strong as you allow yourself to be, seek the power within and know that you have all the strength you need.
27. The most successful people are good at plan B. Don’t give up. You’re not a failure if you don’t give up.
28. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we live our fears. Don’t be afraid of growth, failure, or change. Go for it!
29. Believe in your ability to make good choices, and great things will happen.
30. If you have an idea, start today. There’s no better time than now to get going. That doesn’t mean quitting your job and jumping into your idea 100% from day one, but there’s always little progress once you start the movement.
31. One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It’s the courage to continue that counts.
32. As a new small business owner, you’re essentially starting from scratch, scratching and clawing your way to success from zero. You can do it!
33. A small business is like a tree; it needs to be planted in fertile soil, watered and nourished to help it take root and grow.
34. Some people dream of success. Others wake up and work hard at it. You’ve got a great idea; build your own business and be your boss. Make it happen.
35. Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening. It just stops you from enjoying the good.
36. The great thing about optimism is that it always finds a way to surprise us. Whatever you do or dream, you can begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
37. Building a business is a marathon, not a sprint. The path to success is long and winding.
38. There will never be another you. You are the only you that’s ever been and ever will be. You matter, so go out there and slay today!
39. There’s nothing more fulfilling than making something with your own two hands. It’s not a job—it’s a lifestyle.
40. If you want to make good use of your time, you’ve got to know what’s most important and then give it all you’ve got, and the best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm.
41. Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.
44. Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once. Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour.
45. Rome wasn’t built in a day, neither will your business. It’s easy to dream big, but the real magic happens when you wake up and get to work.
46. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.
47. Your social media presence does not have to be perfect, but it does have to be you.
48. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Lookout at the horizon, do you see it? The only way to get there is to take the first step. Let’s go!
49. If you’re starting a new business, don’t forget the one thing that will always be there for you – your family.
50. The wonderful thing about goals is that they push you to your limits, and once you get there and beyond, it’s an amazing feeling.
Motivational Quotes for New Business Owners
When you’re in the moment, it’s not about the title on your business card or the size of your budget. It’s about doing great work, connecting with people and being part of something bigger.
51. Whatever you are, be a good one; never stop taking chances, and never stop believing in yourself.
52. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more, but if you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.
53. Forget the past – the future will give you what you need, and you do not need to be what others want you to be; you need to listen to your heart.
54. If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.
55. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember that you have the strength, patience, and passion for reaching for the stars to change the world.
56. Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
57. Be a fruit loop in a world of cheerios. Don’t let your fear of failure or perfectionism hold you back from starting something.
58. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go where there is no path and leave a trail, and the best way towards something is to start now.
59. The entrepreneur who moves fastest is the one that takes action. Don’t let your fear decide your fate.
60. If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making others’ lives better.
61. A business that makes nothing but money is poor.
62. Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen because it’s not about getting started. It’s about starting again.
63. Starting your new business may be hard to believe, but if you work hard and stay passionate, you’ll get there. Don’t wait for the right opportunity. Create it.
64. Sometimes, you have to get things done, even if it’s not perfect, because waiting until it’s perfect means you will never get it done.
65. It’s not about the goal. It’s about the path, and remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.
66. If no one has told you how amazing and hardworking you are today, let me be the first. Keep up the great work, and keep hustling!
67. Business is a roller coaster, but I am always looking forward to the next ride.
68. Keep in mind the 5 P’s: product, price, promotion, place and people. The 5th “P” is the most important of them all. And remember, success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
69. Stop focusing on how stressed you are, focus on how blessed you are, and make your failures work for you.
70. There is only one boss – the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
71. It’s going to be tough, and it’s going to take a lot of effort, but you know what? It’s doable.
72. Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow, and the world needs more small businesses. Go out there and do what makes you happy.
73. There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your thinking.
74. Your work will fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
75. Dreaming big is important but starting small is paramount. And I know there are days you feel like giving up. Please, don’t. You got this.
76. There is nothing more attractive than a person who knows what they want in life. No one is you, and that is your power.
77. Working hard for something we don’t care about is stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.
78. If your dream is big and you want your life to work on the high level that you say you do, there’s no way around doing the work it takes to get you there.
79. The lawn is not greener on the other side. It’s greener where you water it.
80. Passion is everything to a business owner. It is the glue that will help you succeed during the hard times. Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
81. Some entrepreneurs choose to stop after one failed business, but you pick yourself up and start again. You’re unstoppable!
82. Don’t be afraid to hustle. You have to grind for what you want in life, which doesn’t just belong to the business. The difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary is that little extra.
83. Do what makes you happiest, and the money will follow. Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
84. Adventure is out there! Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams, and there’s never a better time than now. Start today.
85. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your dream. Believe in yourself. Be your own biggest cheerleader.
86. Whatever you do, don’t give up—the world needs your passion!
87. A great business never starts out trying to be a great business. It starts as an idea, a simple notion of something that might improve people’s lives.
88. Some people are just not meant to fit in a box. You won’t be a good fit for everyone, but you’ll be the perfect fit for those who matter.
89. The value of an idea lies in its use, and you have to be at your strongest when feeling weak. Keep believing and keep dreaming; the future is bright.
90. Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.
91. Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.
92. A ship in the harbour is safe, but that’s not what ships are for. Ideas don’t turn into businesses just by themselves. You are the one you have been waiting for.
93. Best ideas come from following your curiosity. Take chances and never give up!
94. If you really believe in what you are doing, work hard, take nothing personally, and find another if something blocks one route. Never give up.
95. If you are working on something you care about, you don’t have to be pushed.
96. Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – living with the results of other people’s thinking.
97. If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.
98. Powerful business people are not afraid to make mistakes. They use every mistake as an opportunity to grow and learn.
99. The most successful people strive to create an impact they’re passionate about and a business they truly believe in. Don’t be afraid to be awesome. Sometimes being weird and different is good.
100. Sometimes, the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step.
101. There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.
102. If you are unwilling to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. Make it big, make it small; what matters is you make something.
103. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
104. Whether you are starting with a J.V. or your company is going global, it’s always best to seek the advice of people who have walked the path.
105. Start with your end goal in mind, and then work backwards to figure out all the small steps it takes to get there.
106. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.
Small business owners face several challenges, including the long hours it requires to keep the company afloat. It can be easy to get lost in how little you’ve done or how much is left to do with the daily grind.
These inspirational quotes for small business owners are reminders that it is possible—you only have to have the right attitude. So feel free to look back on this blog as often as needed—I won’t mind.
Before you go, I would like to know which one is your favourite by dropping a comment using the comment box, and kindly share this content if you love it.