It is frequently cited as a means to convey the idea that it is better to be remembered for accomplishing something exceptional and dying young than fading away without leaving a lasting impact.
A person or thing that is not remembered “fades away,” meaning their importance disappears and they are forgotten. The phrase “burn out rather than fade away” means that somebody has made a significant impact, even if only for a short time.
Burning out, however, is a metaphor for leading an exciting but exhausting life. Maybe you’ll die early like many rock stars living fast and dying young has its price! Or maybe living simply in safety without taking risks will make your long life essentially meaningless because of all the potential it contains that’s never used.
Whatever meaning you have in mind, I know that you will be able to find quotes that will help you express your mind accurately in this collection of its better to burn out than fade away quotes below.
Its Better to Burn Out Than Fade Away Quotes
1. It’s better to burn out than fade away, but if you do, let it be on your terms. And then watch the world adapt to your new reality.
2. The greatest challenge is to have the courage to let go of what doesn’t serve you and face up when you are too attached. It’s better that your flame burns out than it fades away unnoticed.
3. Sometimes we have to push through the hard times and keep going. It’s better to burn out than fade away.
4. It’s better to burn out than fade away. We need to keep pushing, keep going and never stop believing in ourselves or our work.
5. You’ve only got one life to live. Don’t waste it living someone else’s. Your struggles and setbacks don’t matter what matters are what you choose to do with those things when they happen.
6. Let us make the most of every moment on our journey through life.
7. If you want to succeed, be ready for sacrifice. If you want happiness, accept failure; but if fearlessness is what matters most then burn out!
8. Burning out is better than fading away. You were born to be alive, so fight for it!
9. You’re going to be okay. Keep moving forward. It’s better to burn out than fade away.
10. Burn out or fade away: it’s better to go down fighting than to just slink off into the night!
11. You can either be a giver or a taker. If you combine these two aspects of yourself, nothing will stop you from achieving your goals.
12. If you want to be successful, it is essential that you work hard.
13. Learning is a process that never ends, so start your own fire and don’t let it burn out until you’ve mastered all you can.
14. Burn brightly, not as a flame that flares briefly then dies but rather like the sun whose energy and fire are constant.
15. You can change your life and who you are. So don’t be a puss, keep pushing forward even when it gets hard. You’re worth it!
16. The best lies ahead for us: let’s keep moving forward.
17. Life is a journey, not a destination. You will have to make it interesting and unpredictable.
18. We show ourselves to be brave by the way we handle fear. So, make yourself fearless.
19. The only way to grow is to push yourself beyond your fears and you can’t do that if you’re just going along with things.
20. Fear is a waste of time. Don’t be afraid to take risks; you will get out what you put into life.
21. The only thing standing between you and your goals is the story you tell yourself about what’s holding you back.
22. Creating is a form of revolution. We are not just changing the things around us, we are changing ourselves.
23. Fight for what you want, work for it, and never give up.
24. Let your life be a movement, not a destination.
25. Never stop learning and improving. Never lose hope, even when you’re tired.
26. It’s better to burn out than fade away. Live your dreams, pursue your goals and have passion for what you do!
27. It’s better to burn out than fade away. But don’t let your passion fade. Be bold, be brave, and never give up on yourself.
28. You gotta keep pushing and pushing, even when you want to give up. No matter what, it’s better to burn out then fade away.
29. It’s better, and far more productive, to burn out than to fade away. Don’t let fear get in your way and keep pushing forward.
30. Sometimes, you have to take risks and say yes to new adventures. It’s better to burn out than to fade away!
31. You’re only as young as your thoughts. So keep them positive and focused.
32. The only way to get better at something is by doing it. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do anything because of your past.
33. Live with intensity. No night is too long, no distance too great, no challenge too tough.
34. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
35. Don’t let the world define who you are. Be whatever you want to be, do whatever you want to do and never settle for less than your best. It’s better to burn out than fade away.
36. Keeping going when you feel like giving up can be hard but it’s better to burn out than fade away.
37. You have a choice to either burn out or fade away. Let’s be honest, it’s better to burn out than fade away.
38. The only thing stopping us from achieving our dreams is us.
39. Keep calm and carry on. Your passion is your power.
40. You have to have a lot of courage and faith to get where you want to go. But it’s better to burn out than fade away.
41. This is the time to live, not just exist. So let’s make the best of it before it is too late!
42. Keep going. Don’t stop, even if your muscles scream at you to stop. Reach for the stars and through the pain, push on.
43. You don’t have to be perfect to start. Just get started changing something today.
44. Don’t be scared to try something new. Be scared of not trying something new.
45. Life is too short not to have fun with your friends.
46. It’s better to burn out than fade away. It’s a lot easier to start something than it is to finish it. Those who never give up will always get what they want in life.
47. It’s better to burn out than fade away. Keep fighting, keep going, don’t give up.
48. It’s better to burn out than to fade away. You’re not a failure till you give up.
49. You’ll never get a second chance to make your first impression. So make the most of it.
50. It can be hard to keep your head up when you’re falling behind. But don’t lose your passion for the things that matter most.
51. Be who you are. Be your best self. Never give up, never surrender, and never lose heart.
52. Don’t settle for the ordinary. Set your sights high and keep going.
53. The sun is almost ready to set. You still have time to make a difference.
54. Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid to not try.
55. Don’t let your light go out, keep it bright.
56. It’s better to burn out than fade away. Live like you mean it.
57. Don’t be afraid to try new things. It’s better to burn out than fade away.
58. Don’t give up. It’s better to burn out than fade away
59. Don’t be afraid to fail, it’s better to burn out than fade away.
60. No matter what, you will be ok. You will find strength in your own resources and you will find that someone else cares. You are a survivor! So keep on surviving.
61. If you don’t go after what you want, sometimes you miss it. But if you don’t try, you always have time to debate whether or not you should have gone for it in the first place.
62. Life is too short and precious to waste time on anything but happiness.
63. Your life matters, make it count.
64. Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning from the experience and improving yourself. As you grow old, keep your eyes wide open, your ears sharp and your mind keen.
65. You can’t succeed without failure. And you can’t fail without first trying to succeed.
66. Don’t settle for what other people think you should do. Take your dreams as far as they will go. Believe in yourself and never give up on your goals regardless of how hard it gets.
67. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
68. The best things in life are difficult and take time.
69. Life is a choice. You can choose to be miserable and weak or you can choose to be strong and powerful.
70. You can’t control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
71. Never stop striving for greatness, no matter how many times you fall.
72. It’s better to burn out than fade away. Keep doing your thing, even if you don’t see results right away.
73. You’re stronger than you think. It’s better to burn out than fade away. And if you’re having a tough day, remember it will get better.
74. Don’t let fear get in the way of a good life.
75. Just because you’re off the course doesn’t mean you’re done. It’s better to burn out than fade away.
76. Stay strong and don’t let anyone bring you down.
77. Nothing is impossible, the only thing that seems impossible is that you may fail.
78. We don’t turn back. We keep moving forward, because that’s what we do. And it’s better to burn out than fade away.
79. Fading away is never an option. You either burn out or you burn hot. Your only choice is to be the best version of yourself you can be.
80. The brightest future burns brightest when we challenge ourselves to be our best.
81. The key to success is passion, perseverance and hard work.
82. Think positive thoughts and you will always be happy.
83. Say no to complacency. Yes to growth.
84. Set your mind to the highest, and you will succeed.
85. It’s better to burn out than fade away. It’s better to be hated for what you believe in, than to be loved for what you’re afraid of.
86. Take a page out of our book, sweat on every moment and shine like a star. Be the best version of you.
87. You are fire. You have to be burning bright, to burn out and not fade away.
88. Burn with passion, live like an adventurer.
89. Nothing beats pushing through and doing the work to reach your goals.
90. Life is challenging, but that’s what makes it so exciting. Life is full of ups and downs: you’re never in one place for too long!
91. No matter how hard you try to find a shortcut, the most important thing is that you keep walking.
92. No matter how slow you go, keep moving. No matter how uphill the climb is, just keep climbing. When obstacles get in your way and they will! Keep going; don’t stop until you reach the top of that mountain!
93. You can overcome any obstacles life throws at you by staying persistent.
94. The risk of living is the risk of failure. The risk of failing is the risk of success. If you want it badly enough, then you’ll succeed.
95. Don’t let the good times pass you by.
96. Don’t let your head feel better than your heart.
97. Work hard. Work smart. Work together, work in teams and contribute to something bigger than yourself.
98. You might not always choose the road, but you always get to choose where it goes.
99. It’s better to burn out than fade away. Stay Strong!
100. Stay strong, be courageous. Don’t let anyone define you as a failure. Find your purpose and live it well. It’s better to burn out than to fade away.
How do these its better to burn out than fade away quotes make you feel. Which one fits you best and why is it so special to you? Let me know in the comments below!