“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character”. These wise words of Martin Luther King Jnr will forever be evergreen in the annals of great declarations ever made.
Why should a person be judged by the way they appear such as skin colour, facial looks, clothing, body shape, age, race, financial status, and so on? It is no news that appearance can be deceptive and do not most times accurately define the content of a person’s character.
As sadly as it may seem, most people lose appointments, job offers, opportunities and lots more because somebody somewhere deemed them unfit because of the way they appeared without even bothering to relate with or unravel who they are on the inside.
As much as appearance is key and should be well taken care of, it is too shallow or superficial to summarize who a person is or what they are capable of accomplishing. The best is just to comment positively if at all you feel like or have an impulse to judge someone based on their appearance.
It can be really hurtful and painful when people judge others in a negative or demeaning way because of their appearance. These judging someone by their appearance quotes has been prepared specially to help you judge people without being judgemental as well as stop the cycle of inflicting pain and hurt either unknowingly or knowingly on others.
Judging Someone by Their Appearance Quotes
It is oftentimes easy to make assumptions about someone’s appearance, actions, or motives based on how they present themselves. However, this shouldn’t be because you never really know who a person is by the way they appear but through the content of their character.
1. Judging someone by their appearance deprives you of the privilege of knowing them on a deeper level and getting the best from them.
2. Judging someone by their appearance will only give you a false idea of who they actually are, which will lead to completely unrelated circumstances from what is expected, and generally makes life a little harder than it needs to be.
3. People who judge someone based on their appearance tend to be shallow in their reasoning and are looking at their own reflections.
4. Judging someone by their appearance should be discouraged, for what is inside the heart of another person cannot be known by simply looking at them.
5. Don’t judge by appearance because you might be surprised to know how lovely someone can be on the inside once you get to know them better.
6. Everyone comes in various shapes, sizes, and colours, appreciate each one for who they are within than their outward appearance.
7. Never judge someone by their appearance because looks can be very deceptive and we don’t always know what’s going on behind closed doors.
8. Judging someone by their appearance is a natural human tendency and one we should all learn to resist as it can lead to unpleasant situations.
9. Regardless of appearance, there is a good in everyone that must be found and groomed to become better and if possible best.
10. It’s easy to judge someone based on how they appear. But sometimes, you have to realize that appearance isn’t everything.
11. Judging someone by their appearance often leads to unsubstantiated conclusions. The beauty of a person is within, not without
12. Resist the temptation to judge because the prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets, the prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.
13. Judging someone by their appearance should be discouraged because, in the end, people will be remembered for the difference they made in the lives of others and not by their looks.
14. Appearance is not the best way to judge someone for no matter who you are or where you are from, we’re all a work in progress and we can all be better.
15. Never judge someone by their appearance, what is really important is what they look like on the inside.
16. Appearance can be deceptive. It’s easy to judge someone based on how they appear but that doesn’t tell you anything about them as a person.
17. There is no way to read a person’s mind, so we should never judge someone without getting to know them first.
18. People may come in different sizes, shapes and colours but they’re all unique in their own way only if you allow yourself to see that by not judging them by their appearance.
19. Judging someone by their appearance is the first step towards estrangement.
20. People judge others by their looks and actions, but ultimately it’s not about what you look like on the outside but inside.
21. Judging someone by their appearance is not a good idea. You don’t know what struggles they might have gone through in the past and what they might turn out to be in future.
22. Ugliness or beauty is not the best way to judge a person because their inside may be the opposite of what they look like outwardly.
23. Appearance does not remain the same forever and is therefore too insufficient to judge someone, for things happen and people change.
24. Shallow people judge others by their appearance, but the wise understand that character is what matters.
25. Judging people based on their appearance is a quick way to make a fool of yourself.
26. What really matters is what’s inside of a person. Some things that you can’t see don’t matter and they never will. So, don’t judge by appearance.
27. Never judge someone by the clothes they wear or the car they drive because that person might just have been at work all day, and this is their outfit for the night.
28. If you judge people, you have no time to love them for the outside of a person rarely reflects what’s on the inside.
29. You can’t judge someone by their appearance. A person’s character is revealed in the way they treat those they have no necessity to treat with respect.
30. Don’t judge people by their appearance. When you look closely, that’s when you see the beauty.
31. Rather than judging someone, be kind to them for you never know what they are going through. Instead, find something good about them and praise it.
32. We may look different and come from different places, but below the surface, we are all the same. Live, love and appreciate each other.
33. Don’t judge someone by their appearance, or the way they talk to you. You never know what they are dealing with inside them.
34. Don’t judge someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes and understand how it pains them.
35. The way you look at a person speaks more about you than it does about them because when you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
36. Judging people without knowing them is like watching the wrong movie and expecting a good ending.
37. You can’t really get to know someone through their appearance, So, the best way to know people is by hanging out together with them.
38. A person’s appearance doesn’t make them who they are, but it can be a red flag of how they treat themselves.
39. All that glitters is not gold. The prettiest people do the ugliest things for the road to riches and diamond rings.
40. Don’t judge someone just by their appearance. There may be a really wonderful person behind that ugly face.
41. Judging people by the way they appear is a trait that should be done away with because there may be good qualities beneath an unpleasant appearance.
42. Someone’s character can easily be judged by the way they treat those who can do nothing for them.
43. Do not judge by appearance because behind every sweet and innocent smile, there is a hurricane of thoughts.
44. The light within, not appearance makes true beauty known in the midst of darkness. Judge wisely.
45. If you can’t make a good first impression, you can always make a second impression by making the first impression last.
46. Don’t judge a book by its cover, but rather buy it and discover that the title is about something else entirely.
47. A fashion or style choice is not a political statement. You dress as you wish and should never be judged based on what you wear.
48. Don’t judge someone by their appearance. If you took the time to get to know them, you’d be surprised by what’s inside.
49. When you judge people by their appearance, you miss out on the beauty of their character.
50. True friends and good people are not about the way an individual looks, for there are millions of diamonds in the mire
Hopefully, these quotes have provided some food for thought and we’ve all learned from our mistakes when it comes to judging others. Everyone has a story and is dealing with something; there is often more to a person than what you see on the surface.
God doesn’t judge us by our outward appearance, so why should we? So, the next time you encounter someone, think about their abilities and whether they will contribute to society than jumping to conclusions because of their appearance.
Rather than judge superficially, encourage people to unlock their potential and don’t assume that they’re incapable of becoming great assets to society.
Like, comment and share these judging someone by their appearance quotes as we all make a conscious effort to leave any preconceived notions at the door and simply get to know each other better.