The secret of happiness lies in accepting our inevitable imperfections, the courage to accept our own human frailty and then to grow through these challenges by developing our inner resources.
We all want to be happy. It doesn’t matter if we live in a mansion, an apartment or even a shack. We all want to be happy and feel as joyous as possible. We’ve all experienced sadness, anger, grief and countless other negative emotions, but at the end of the day, happiness is something we are working toward.
I’m sure that you’ve experienced times when you just didn’t want to be happy. I know I have also. There were those moments in life when nothing was working.
As someone who is constantly trying to be happy, here are the best collections of just trying to be happy quotes that will help you to be happy and get through hard times.
Just Trying to Be Happy Quotes
Trying to be happy when you’re sad is like trying not to think of pink elephants; it only makes them appear more frequently in your mind’s eye. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
1. Just trying to be happy. This is my life, and I’m just trying to be happy.
2. Sometimes, you just have to let go of the things that make you sad and try to be happy for the people who are still with you.
3. I’m not in pain anymore, but there’s this hole where my heart used to be, and I’m just trying not to fall in it as much as possible.
4. I’m just trying to be happy, but sometimes it seems like no matter what I do or say, nothing changes!
5. Life’s so hard! I’m just trying to be happy, but I can’t seem to find any friends.
6. I’m not sure if anything I do will ever make me happy again. I’m just trying to be happy.
7. If I’m trying to be happy, you will never be. So I just have to be happy.
8. I don’t want to be happy alone. I want to be free from sadness all day.
9. Just trying to be happy is like trying to catch rainbows with your tongue.
10. I’m trying to be happy, but I’m not always succeeding. I will stay strong.
11. When you’re sad, sometimes the only way to feel better is to do something small that makes you happy. So just try to be happy with what you’ve got and let your friends know that you care about them.
12. My desire is to be happy. So far, I am not, but I’m working on it.
13. Just try to be happy, and happiness will come.
14. When life gets hard, remember: Just trying to be happy.
15. Just try to be happy, and it will work itself out.
16. Happiness is all around us. Just look for it, and be happy again!
17. It’s good to be happy. And it’s even better to spread the happiness around. Just trying to be happy.
18. Be happy. Be healthy. Be excited about what you want to do, who you want to be, and how you want to live your life.
19. Just be happy. It’s the simplest of things that make the biggest difference.
20. I’m just trying to be happy. I’ll be thrilled if one day I can look back at the person I was and smile.
21. When you’re trying to be happy, be a little bit happier. Just keep trying harder and harder to be the happiest you can be.
22. I’m just trying to be happy. It’s a big task, and I only have so much time in a day.
23. My goal in life is to be happy. It’s not an easy task, and it’ll take a lifetime to accomplish.
24. Try to be happy. That’s all you have to do. You want to hold on to happiness and make it last, but happiness breaks away and flies away as fast as it comes.
25. To be happy, you need to work hard and play smart. Keep your focus on what is good, not on what is lacking.
26. Happiness is the best revenge. And it’s free. I’m just trying to be happy
27. There’s a lot of pressure in life. It’s okay to let go sometimes and just be happy with what you have.
28. Just be happy with what you sometimes have, and try to make others happy.
29. We look for happiness in all the wrong places. And miss it in all the right ones. The best way to be happy is to get busy living and stop looking for happiness, waiting for it down the road.
30. I try to be happy; it is so much more fun than being miserable.
31. It’s hard to be happy all the time. Sometimes it feels like the entire world is against you. But there are people that make you happy, even if it’s just for a short time. You have to meet them and keep them in your life.
32. Being happy isn’t about having a lot of stuff, making lots of money, or working out. It’s about being content with who you are and how you live.
33. Be the happiest person you know, even if you’re not at a party.
34. Sometimes, you just need to be “happy” before you can find the “power” within.
35. Don’t let the negativity of others keep you down. Be yourself, and be happy.
36. When you’re happy, your whole world is happy with you.
37. We all want to wake up happy and healthy, with a smile on our face, feeling like we can take on the world, but sometimes life just gets in the way.
38. Happiness is not a destination but a journey, and it is only when we realize this that we can begin to find real happiness in our lives.
39. A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
40. To be happy, you must have someone to love, someone to love you, and something to do that you really enjoy doing.
41. You don’t need money to buy happiness; you need money to allow you time for other things besides money-making!
42. I just want to be happy. I don’t know how, but I’ll keep working on it.
43. Be happy. Be yourself. Be nice to people. Be kind. That’s all that matters.
44. It’s all about being happy with who you are, not really trying to be anything else.
45. Just keep on trying; you will find that happiness is a feeling that happens when your mind wanders comfortably.
46. Just keep on playing; you will find that fun is a feeling that happens when your mind wanders comfortably.
47. When you find happiness, it’s a fleeting moment, like a butterfly in full bloom. It touches the heart and soul, but it is gone so quickly. It makes you want to cry and smile all at once.
48. Enjoying your life is easy to do, as long as you make time for the things that bring you joy.
49. You don’t have to be happy all the time, but you should try to be happy most of the time.
50. Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy, and you will succeed, no matter what life throws your way.
51. In order to be happy, we have to make ourselves happy first.
52. The only thing that tastes as sweet as happiness is the feeling of being happy.
I hope that these just trying to be happy quotes listed above have inspired you and made you realize that no matter what life may throw your way – there is a reason to be happy! And you go even further and believe that there is no better time to start living your life with happiness in mind than now.