Sometimes, we hang onto relationships with people because we don’t want to miss out on their positive qualities, such as their kindness, humour, and support. But when the negative qualities outweigh the positive ones, then staying in that relationship can be harmful to our health.
People who seem to be able to ruin our day with a single comment are the kind of people that should be avoided because they are toxic.
Letting go is hard, but holding on is harder. When you let go, you realize that you’re free. Sometimes you just have to let go of people that are negative and toxic to your life. Some people are toxic. But you don’t have to be their victim.
These quotes about letting go of negative people is a great way to motivate and inspire yourself. Below is a collection of quotes related to letting go of negative people in your life and also bad energy.
Let Go of Negative People Quotes
You have to let go of negative people, don’t let negative and toxic people rent a space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out. You don’t need negative people in your life. They will hold you back. Surround yourself with positive people.
1. Let go of people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues.
2. Letting go of negative people doesn’t mean you hate them, it just means you care about your well being.
3. Do your best to keep away from negative minded people. They are like wet blankets who smother the fire of enthusiasm and love.
4. Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away!
5. Be grateful for the opportunity and let go of negative people who don’t appreciate you.
6. Let go of negative people who don’t belong in your life. Their belief system is a virus.
7. Don’t let the negative people with their negative thoughts distract you from living your best life.
8. Stop letting all the negative thoughts in your head take over, change your mindset and be positive!
9. Letting go of negative people in your life is hard, but learning how to live and let go is important.
10. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself. Don’t feel guilty for getting rid of people who are bringing you down.
11. Let go of those who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you.
12. Get rid of negative people, if they refuse to grow, let them go.
13. Sometimes you have to let go of people that no longer serve a purpose in your life, even if it’s painful.
14. Let go of people who don’t need you, who are toxic to you and make you feel bad about yourself. Hanging on is preventing them from growing up. And it’s keeping you from moving forward with your life.
15. The negative people require too much energy and are a drain on you. The time and effort you spend on them keep you from being the best person you can be, so do us all a favour let go of the negative people in your life.
16. Let go of negative people and surround yourself with people who lift you up and make you feel good about yourself.
17. Be positive, Be happy. Get rid of negative people in your life.
18. Let go of those who bring you down, and surround yourself with those who bring out the best in you.
19. Letting go doesn’t mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.
20. Let go of negative people, they always drag you down.
21. Surround yourself with people who reflect whom you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious.
22. Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. Let go of the negative people in your life.
23. The people you surround yourself with can have a major impact on your life, so let go of those who bring you down and surround yourself with things that inspire you.
24. You are the master of your own energy. Don’t allow other people to deplete you.
25. It’s amazing how much better you feel after letting go of that extra emotional baggage.
26. Never allow the negative thoughts of others to take up residence in your heart.
27. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.
28. Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out!
29. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through.
30. Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.
31. You will have a better day when you let go of that negativity.
32. Sometimes you have to let go of people who are hurting you. Move on.
33. Don’t let people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions.
34. If they make you feel anything less than what you deserve, then forget them.
35. It’s time to let go of toxic people because life is too short.
36. Remove those toxic people from your life. I’ve learned to surround myself with only the best.
37. I let go of toxicity, hurt, people that don’t care & all the past negative energy that’s not meant for me.
38. Don’t worry about negative people. They only bring you down to their level.
39. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
40. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
41. Sometimes you have to accept the truth and stop wasting time on the wrong people.
42. I’ve learned you can’t let someone else’s negative opinions become your reality.
43. You can do anything, but not everything. Don’t let people pull you into their storm.
44. Stop worrying about the people in your past there is a reason they didn’t make it to your future.
45. It’s important to surround yourself with people who are going, to be honest with you and look out for your best interests.
46. When you let go of negative people, it frees up more space in your life to become the best version of you.
47. Letting go of negative people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.
48. Let go of all the negativity and just be happy with yourself and who you are.
49. Let go of the people who have hurt you, have changed you or have left you feeling empty.
50. Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.
Quotes About Letting Go of Negative People
Make sure that the people you surround yourself with are also the type of people you’d like to become. Negative people will distract you from your purpose in life. Don’t let them rent space in your head. Raise your rates and remember: You are worth it!
51. Sometimes you just have to let go of the people who bring you down. That’s not letting go, that’s simply growing up.
52. Sometimes, you just have to detach from people who are toxic to your life—no matter how hard that seems.
53. All the negativity is just a ghost of depression trying to ruin your today. Don’t let it.
54. Don’t let the negativity given to you by the haters affect your space. Instead, let it be the fuel that propels you past them.
55. Life becomes easier when you delete the negative people from it and focus on the positive ones.
56. You don’t need that negative energy in your life – drop it like it’s hot.
57. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you.
58. If other people are bringing you down, it could be time to let them go.
59. Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you, and make you happy. If you know people who are not good for you, let them go.
60. Don’t let negative people ruin your day. Just because someone has a negative attitude doesn’t mean you need to as well.
61. Negative people will always try to drag you down to their level. It’s not your job to educate them, it’s your job to stay high and keep on shining.
62. You don’t need that negativity. You have a beautiful soul, and it deserves the best people.
63. There are some people who always see the bad in things. let them be, and focus on your positive life.
64. Develop thick skin. When you know who you are and whose you are, it becomes easier to let go of people with bad intentions.
65. Don’t let negative and toxic people leech off your energy.
66. Declutter your life, friendship and love. Negative people will cause you more drama than what’s worthwhile.
67. Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.
68. There will always be people in your life that hurt you, but after a while, you have to move on and focus on the ones who love you without conditions.
69. All the negative energy in the past is being swept out of your life. Be grateful.
70. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself.
71. Shutting out the negative is a challenging thing to do, but it’s absolutely necessary if you want to move forward and grow.
72. You have to move on to better things in order to invite better things into your life.
73. Letting go of negative people doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself.
74. The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
75. Has having a positive attitude become a struggle? Maybe it’s time to let go of the people who try to bring you down.
76. Surround yourself with people who push you to be a better version of yourself, not worse.
77. And it’s perfectly okay to let go of people who don’t see your value. It’s perfectly okay to cut off relationships that are causing you more pain than good.
78. People need to let go of the things that are holding them back and move forward.
79. If they’re not adding to your life, they’re taking away from it. It’s that simple.
80. Don’t let people who don’t respect you and don’t know your worth keep you from being yourself.
81. Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.
82. If someone is determined to bring you down, let them go. You don’t need their negativity in your life.
83. Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Other people’s words and actions can have an impact on your emotions but only if you allow them to.
84. The less you respond to negative people the more peaceful your life will become.
85. Letting go doesn’t mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.
86. Sometimes holding on does more damage than letting go.
87. Negative people are the leeches in your life. Make a choice to let them go.
88. You are responsible for your own happiness. If you expect others to make you happy, you will always be disappointed.
89. People inspire you, or they drain you – pick them wisely.
90. You just have to let go of the people in your life who are weighing you down.
91. When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation. It’s that simple.
92. You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life.
93. Be with someone who makes you happy. Don’t waste time on negativity and drama.
94. Those who create negativity and drama aren’t worth your attention. I don’t care how well you know them.
95. Your circle should only consist of positive people who encourage you and support you.
96. Negativity is the enemy of creativity.
97. You are responsible for your own happiness. Do not allow anyone to take that away from you.
98. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
99. It is not about detoxing your life, but it is more about letting go of people who are bringing you down and replacing them with people that inspire you.
100. Letting go also means to stop worrying about the outcome and what will be, and just enjoy the moment and where you are in it.
101. Sometimes you need to distance yourself from the people who are toxic to you.
102. The moment you stop caring about what others think is the moment you start growing.
103. Letting go of negative people in your life helps free you to spend time with those who love you.
104. Say goodbye to negativity, hello to happiness.
105. When you realize who all the toxic people are in your circle, it’s time to cut them out of your life.
106. Letting go of the people who hold you back is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Of course, not all negative people are hopeless. I’m sure you have a friend or co-worker who’s negative and yet you still maintain a good relationship with him or her. The difference is that you don’t let them consume your life; they aren’t defining who you are.
Their negativity has no power over how you see yourself or your goals. Everyone comes across negative people in their lives, and learning to deal with these individuals effectively is an essential life skill.